criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Vehicles with Passenger Seats

In an older version of Star Wars BF there were vehicles that allowed multiple players to ride/operate them. I'm not sure why this isn't a part of the current game.

Pros
1. Multiple seats in vehicles may encourage players to work more with the other team players that they spawn with. For example, dying and while viewing the respawn screen, seeing your teammate is driving a 2-person tank and you have the option to hop in the passenger seat.
2. More players would play with the vehicles without developers having to create more vehicle classes

Cons
1. Maybe the vehicles would be too overpowered this way?

Replies

• I think that is a good idea. there could even possibly be a gunner position for larger vehicles like the sandspeeders on tatooine and the luav on starkiller base. Yes it might be overpowered, but it would be really cool. Something that could be added to this is making vehicles the way they were in BFI, where they are just there for people to get on, or at least it would be useful for vehicles to not be destroyed when you get off of one. For Capital supremacy you could use a speeder to get to a point, then get off and take cover, then get back on and go to another point. I haven't played halo much, or at all really, but a few times when i went to a friends house who had the game, i saw that vehicles spawned in the home base, and you could just get a squad to get on one vehicle and traverse the battlefield. it would be cool to have this in the battlefront 2. Maybe vehicles can only spawn in places like the venator on kashyyyk.
  • another idea is to just allow people to ride on vehicles like aat's. Imagine just having a bunch of droids with shields riding on the front on a aat, not even attached.
  • another idea is to just allow people to ride on vehicles like aat's. Imagine just having a bunch of droids with shields riding on the front on a aat, not even attached.
    @Turtleagent21 Yeah! I would love that, and I'm sure other players would too. I wonder if it's something about the physics of the game that currently inhibit remaining stationary on top of vehicles. In any case, even standing on them would be awesome.

And I agree, vehicles that don't explode after hopping out of them would be an improvement. This might also create an interesting dynamic on the battlefield, if other players can steal your vehicle after you've hopped out of it! haha Just a thought.