criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Respawn Timer Too Long

CapnPringlez
40 posts Member
edited October 31
Who doesn’t love being able to play MORE? So why make the spawn timer longer again? Please reduce the time to respawn and get beck into the action. Also, the combat sensitivity to spawning in on teammates seems higher.
Post edited by CapnPringlez on

Replies

• No, there needs to be a penalty for dying. It is already absurd that you get points for dying in this game. One of the worst features of the game is having people die over an over and think they did the best. I had some ***** lose our team a game of H vs.V and then send us messages telling us we sucked because he was ranked 1st. He got about 2 kills the whole game and died over and over and was rewarded for it. A removed respawn timer would only encourage this brainless suicide charging.
  • I appreciate the discussion. I see your point to having punishment, but I don’t necessarily agree.

Why is dying and respawning a bad feature? That just means faster gameplay. More kills, more contesting, longer matches. I’d consider myself a pretty decent player, and I don’t rush in suicide. I just hate waiting when I die so I can get back into the action. And I wouldn’t send you a message saying your trash if my KD is anything below 3 to 4. Whoever that player is, he’s got bad taste and I’d love to go up against him.

Also, if you’re a good player, why not let the bad players respawn faster? If they’re brainless and giving us easy kills, that’s their punishment. I disagree with you that they get rewarded for suicide runs. On games that I die frequently I don’t get any points and I miss the hero which drives me crazy haha

Granted, I’m speaking from a GA perspective. You mentioned HVV and that could be different.

I’m not saying to remove the timer altogether, just shorten it to what it was before the recent update. I think it was 4 seconds or so? Now it’s almost 10.

• Bumping to top
  • This is annoying especially if I get thrown into the middle of a game where the enemy is absolutely steam rolling my team.
  • 5 seconds x 12 respawns = 60 seconds of not playing...quite a bit, but it's also more than the time, it's the timing with situations
  • 5 seconds x 12 respawns = 60 seconds of not playing...quite a bit, but it's also more than the time, it's the timing with situations
    Right exactly. I can’t stand sitting on the respawn timer when I could be running in to contest.
  • OcDoc
    2004 posts Member
    The penalty of death is the really really long run you usually have to make when you spawn back in. If I had any faith that I could regularly spawn on squad mates I might feel differently but they are pretty much always dead or “in combat” or out of bounds.

Because of that, I am in favor of reducing the spawn timer in pretty much every mode. 3 seconds from the time you hit the spawn screen and if you want to take longer to watch who killed you than by all means you are welcome to.
  • Agree @OcDoc. I kinda wonder too if they should back off the sensitivity to combat when spawning on a squad mate.
  • Who doesn’t love being able to play MORE? So why make the spawn timer longer again? Please reduce the time to respawn and get beck into the action. Also, the combat sensitivity to spawning in on teammates seems higher.

Completely disagree...There shouldn't be any rewards if your player dies.
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    ...ever heared of patience?...

i'm so fed up with those annoying instant-spawn-gamers... just WAIT for god's sake! theres a reason why we have a respawn-timer. it's called BALANCING! some modes would be impossible if the enemy would attack nonstop! just take a break, catch your breath and learn the value of your current spawn! dont waste your life ingame, play smart and dont rely on instant spawning! -.-
  • CapnPringlez
    40 posts Member
    edited November 10
    @Edairman1985 are speaking about the sacrifice points?

@Cyro dude you gotta take a chill pill haha I want my posts to be an area for FRIENDLY discussion. Yes, I’ll be up front, I hate waiting to spawn, especially when I could run in to contest and especially even more if I’m carrying the team in that case when no one else is contesting. Sometimes, suicide runs are the only way to keep a match going. I started as a cod player (no spawn timer in TDM for COD) and I rush a lot.

If you’ve read in my earlier comments, I am a decent player and don’t “waste” my spawns. I play this game so I can PLAY not sit waiting to respawn haha ya know?

I’m also speaking from a perspective for everyone other then myself. As I’ve said from my first comment, less people waiting to respond equals more players to kill/teammates to help. Which in turn could mean longer matches, more contesting, more FUN 😎 in my opinion.
  • @Edairman1985 are speaking about the sacrifice points?

@Cyro dude you gotta take a chill pill haha I want my posts to be an area for FRIENDLY discussion. Yes, I’ll be up front, I hate waiting to spawn, especially when I could run in to contest and especially even more if I’m carrying the team in that case when no one else is contesting. Sometimes, suicide runs are the only way to keep a match going. I started as a cod player (no spawn timer in TDM for COD) and I rush a lot.

If you’ve read in my earlier comments, I am a decent player and don’t “waste” my spawns. I play this game so I can PLAY not sit waiting to respawn haha ya know?

I’m also speaking from a perspective for everyone other then myself. As I’ve said from my first comment, less people waiting to respond equals more players to kill/teammates to help. Which in turn could mean longer matches, more contesting, more FUN 😎 in my opinion.

(Buzzer sounds) Wrong answer again. Rushing to the objective like a brainless unit is the problem. Battle commands, dying,or just respawning shouldn't give nobody points. Hero mains love this broken hero 'cause they can bring their broken units fast.
  • @Edairman1985 thats why I asked. Yea I’m not sure I where I stand with receiving points on death.
  • @Edairman1985 thats why I asked. Yea I’m not sure I where I stand with receiving points on death.

Also, take into account the AFK's...They get 100 just for spawning, and 25 to 50 every time some officer buffs them up and they just sit there doing nothing. I found these type of players in Battlefield and CoD as well. Forgot to add something else...They are also known as credit farmers.
  • You don’t get points when you get officer buffed though...? But yea still not sure where I stand on death points @Edairman1985
  • I would agree that the respawn timer should be removed.

My classes are set up the way I want to play. If I die as an officer and know I want to continue playing as an officer, it takes less than a second to get to the screen where I can choose my spawn location. I normally spawn at the "Default" location because my teammates are usually in-combat or dead and waiting to spawn on someone.

So a majority of the time I'm waiting a few seconds after each death.
  • you always have to remember it's respawn time plus around 10 seconds from default starting point to cp. So if the respawn timer is 8, its 18 seconds to combat.

Respawn should be replaced with player incap/revive. If that fails you go into respawn.
  • Some modes would benefit, some modes wouldn't. one respawn timer I would like to see reduced is the one for Starfighter assault. It is such a niche mode that has so "many" dedicated players that it takes a while to find a match. New players or players who are new to piloting in BF2 are often creamed within 10 seconds of spawning by the die-hard sweaties with maxed out star cards. Every other mode are more forgiving to new players than Starfighter assault ever has.
  • Thank you all for the input.
  • bfloo
    15972 posts Member
    If they remove the respawn timer, they need to take out the squad spawn, at least for the pvp modes.

The delay gives the attacking team a chance.

Coop and IA do what you want.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Right. But not asking to remove the timer altogether (even though the fast spawn weekends are very fun) I think a good compromise would just be to back it off a few seconds. I believe the current scenario is 10 seconds. I think 4-6 seconds would be ideal
  • Or have players wait the few seconds if they want to spawn on a teammate but allow instant spawn at the default spawn location.