criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

STORY ACCURACY: Too Many Heroes in Galactic Assault

StarNavy1
5 posts Member
edited October 28
STORY ACCURACY: Too Many Heroes in Galactic Assault

There is an even # of Heroes & Villians, but there are TOO MANY!!

Out of 40 people about 20 are Heroes with 5x strength and health!!

FIX THIS

Map accuracy please!! :)

Its actually OK in Heroes vs Villians.

In Galactic Assault (Strike etc), it would be much cooler to have story accuracy. Darth Vader never really was at Naboo etc.

This is something we've deserved from day one.

MUST MUST MUST

Post edited by StarNavy1 on

Replies

  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    I keep saying it:

    CEASE cross era heroes....and were good.
  • Agreed. That even 2 people mentioned this is proof enough.
  • I agree. Way to much heroes in GA.
  • The best games were a just a couple weeks back when there were no heroes. Those were great games.
  • In GA mode 2 heroes max each team is the correct.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    2 heroes max PLUS era-fitting heroes only!

    would be my absolute dream.
  • Stop whining. Star Wars is meant to be played as a mix. After all these years of waiting for large-scale Star Wars video games, it essentially comes down to story accuracy? Why not have variants of modes so the by-the-book players have their target mode, and everyone else may enjoy a combination of characters accessible in all maps.
  • Cease cross era everything guns heroes everything it ruins it I see co up as the best game mode because I can get killed by the correct era blaster
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    with guns i'm kinda okay, but it would just be better if they added like a TON of weapons so they can lock them to the correct era! with some exceptions. DC15 or E-5 in civil war for rebels are fine. but i dont like F-11d Blasters for Droids or Clones....
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    Stop whining. Star Wars is meant to be played as a mix. After all these years of waiting for large-scale Star Wars video games, it essentially comes down to story accuracy? Why not have variants of modes so the by-the-book players have their target mode, and everyone else may enjoy a combination of characters accessible in all maps.

    MEANT to be played as a mix? Uhm... no? big fat no? how did you get THAT idea?
  • This game isn't for obsessively picky Star Wars fanatics only.
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    This game isn't for obsessively picky Star Wars fanatics only.

    so it's for kids who put their Lego Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers on the same Diorama??

    Sorry, No! this argument is invalid! it's a STAR WARS game, so it's supposed to represent Star Wars! Not just Star Wars material in any way, but the way we know it from the movies!

    and when i want to experience the battle of hoth... i DONT NEED GRIEVOUS!
  • this is simply not true, there's a limit of 2 heroes per side, so 4 in total. Out of 40 players, only 4 can be heroes at the same time. That's 10%

    It's kind of silly to complain about accuracy and then throw out wildly inaccurate numbers as an argument
  • Also i rather like the cross era heroes.

    Classic BF2 didn't have them, and it suffered for it. You had to play a specific map to get someone who you wanted. You could never see how darth maul performs on yavin, he just wasn't on there. It made things far more samey and limiting.

    Not to mention, it will lead to complaints of how certain heroes only appear on 1-2 maps and are hardly playable at all. It sucks to have a favourite hero and never be able to use them
  • 20 heroes out of 40 people? Did I miss something?
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    Nanako wrote: »
    Classic BF2 didn't have them, and it suffered for it.

    Is that the reason why people all over the world still think Classic BF2 was better?.....

    classic BF2 at least still was shooter-based. and heroes were only gimmicks. but new BF2 made them the focus of the game.... i never got why. just make a star wars SHOOTER, christ! dont focus on the lightsabers, focus on the blasters!

    you should be able to play your favourite hero...of the correct ERA! but not Vader on Naboo against Droids. -.-
  • Star Wars shooter with vehicles.
    Limiting heroes to specific era maps is good.
    "It sucks to have a favorite hero and never be able to use them" - just play the map that the hero is assigned to. Simple.
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    Star Wars shooter with vehicles.
    Limiting heroes to specific era maps is good.
    "It sucks to have a favorite hero and never be able to use them" - just play the map that the hero is assigned to. Simple.

    right! what right do some people think they have to play EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE?
  • The heroes destroy the balance of the matches. You can to get a hero too easy and too quickly.

    Please @F8RGE limitto a 2 heroes max.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • @StarNavy1 you do realize it’s 10 heroes on each side for one weekend like every two months right? And also, they did have the heroes locked by era from day one. It cost 33% more to purchase a hero out of era. What do you say to the people who have favorite heroes and want to enjoy playing them on ALL maps? People enjoy their favorite heroes. DICE removed the era lock so people can enjoy the game MORE. Why wouldn’t they want people to enjoy their game more?
  • "...they did have the heroes locked by era from day one. It cost 33% more to purchase a hero out of era" - so they weren't locked by era then since you could still play as a non-era hero on a map that they weren't associated with?
  • Right. Should have worded that differently @ULTIMATEMurloc
  • lol, how about a separate game mode for the nitpicky fangoons...

    and cross-era compromise for everyone else

    Heroes / Villains do cause imbalances in the battles sometimes...but that could be adjusted by adding more content for classes and expanding the maps
  • Stop whining. Star Wars is meant to be played as a mix. After all these years of waiting for large-scale Star Wars video games, it essentially comes down to story accuracy? Why not have variants of modes so the by-the-book players have their target mode, and everyone else may enjoy a combination of characters accessible in all maps.

    Variants of modes? Every damn mode has heroes and reinforcements stepping on your face
  • Cyro wrote: »
    This game isn't for obsessively picky Star Wars fanatics only.

    so it's for kids who put their Lego Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers on the same Diorama??

    Sorry, No! this argument is invalid! it's a STAR WARS game, so it's supposed to represent Star Wars! Not just Star Wars material in any way, but the way we know it from the movies!

    and when i want to experience the battle of hoth... i DONT NEED GRIEVOUS!

    The multiplayer aspect of Battlefront 2 isn't a canonical representation of the Star Wars universe. If you're looking to experience the Battle of Hoth then I suggest watching Empire Strikes Back. I'd like to remind you that even in the Battle of Hoth, no heroes were really on the battle field. Luke was in a speeder for a majority and Vader didn't even make his way into the hanger until the rebels had already fled the system. Han, Chewie and Leia were inside the hanger. Those would be the only heroes to even possibly be allowed in the battle, and even then allowing anyone other than Luke, really, would go against the immersion.

    Out of a 40 player match, only 1 person could be a hero (Luke). And you also run the risk of that one player being skilled enough to not die, or hide the entire match not allowing for any other players to play as him. That's not fun. This is a game. So, I'm sorry to say but your argument is impractical. Let people play the game how they want to, because that's what it is: a game.

    And, also yes. The game IS for kids who put their Lego Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers on the same diorama. Check the game rating, young padawan. It's rated T, not M. And there was also, in fact, a point in time where both clone troopers and stormtroopers existed at the same point of time. They weren't killed, just re-purposed or put out of service when the Emperor switched armies and began recruiting others from different systems for his new regime.
    "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

    du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • Cyro
    390 posts Member
    "The multiplayer aspect of Battlefront 2 isn't a canonical representation of the Star Wars universe."

    is THAT why every match starts with the Commander of your team immersively setting up the scenario, giving orders and telling you why we need to fight this mission??? giving every mission opening a feeling of an actual star wars battle? it IS supposed to be a canonical representation, but dice seems to forgetting that!

    "If you're looking to experience the Battle of Hoth then I suggest watching Empire Strikes Back."

    This is the stupidest thing i've ever read. experiencing something means being PART of it, not WATCHING it! were talking about videogames here, not movies! -.- and CHRIST, you really dont seem to get the point: theres a difference between IMMERSION and CANONIC REPRESENTATION! it doesnt matter if Vader fights on the feeld or Luke defends the base on foot! but you cannot put those things in the same category as GRIEVOUS suddenly attacking the Rebels! -.-

    "because that's what it is: a game."

    OH! okay, i want this game to have M4A1 Rifles and Thor as a Hero! Why Not? it's the way i want this game to be and WHY NOT? It's just e game, right? RIGHT?? What a stupid argument! -.-

    your last "argument" is even worse....
    just because there exsited clones and regular troopers at the same time doesnt mean they had Clones and Stormy Armors AT THE SAME TIME!!! -.- which was NOT the case!
  • @Cyro that was a super disrespectful response to @polarition comment. Gawl, if you’re that concerned about accuracy there shouldn’t even be a Death Star II map in GA because, obviously, only Luke goes to the second Death Star and not an entire rebel army. If you hate heroes so much, go play strike or blast and take your rude replies with you :)
  • @Cyro that was a super disrespectful response to @polarition comment. Gawl, if you’re that concerned about accuracy there shouldn’t even be a Death Star II map in GA because, obviously, only Luke goes to the second Death Star and not an entire rebel army. If you hate heroes so much, go play strike or blast and take your rude replies with you :)

    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -Grand Master Yoda

    I hate to say it, but it would appear he is letting his anger cloud his own judgment in the matter. And, that falls in the path to the dark side.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

    du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • agreed. too many heroes indeed, keep it to 2 and era lock them.
    also era lock weapons, in at least a matter that makes sense, like CW units cant get weapons from the future
  • @Cyro that was a super disrespectful response to @polarition comment. Gawl, if you’re that concerned about accuracy there shouldn’t even be a Death Star II map in GA because, obviously, only Luke goes to the second Death Star and not an entire rebel army. If you hate heroes so much, go play strike or blast and take your rude replies with you :)

    there isnt a rebel army in the death star 2, its a crashed CR90 and they are making their way out, even though a CR90 isnt really a troop transport its still a sizeable ship. it makes sense, and doesnt impact canonicity at all.
    and if you are hellbent on having a hero/villain spam and mix up, why dont you stay on HvV then?
  • KilroyWH78 wrote: »
    @Cyro that was a super disrespectful response to @polarition comment. Gawl, if you’re that concerned about accuracy there shouldn’t even be a Death Star II map in GA because, obviously, only Luke goes to the second Death Star and not an entire rebel army. If you hate heroes so much, go play strike or blast and take your rude replies with you :)

    there isnt a rebel army in the death star 2, its a crashed CR90 and they are making their way out, even though a CR90 isnt really a troop transport its still a sizeable ship. it makes sense, and doesnt impact canonicity at all.
    and if you are hellbent on having a hero/villain spam and mix up, why dont you stay on HvV then?

    No CR90s actually got near the Death Star II for them to be able to crash into the surface. Not only was the shield up for a majority of the battle, but when it finally was lowered only small ships invaded. The plot doesn't really make sense if you're taking it too seriously, which it shouldn't be. Because there wasn't a group of rebels that invaded the Death Star II in the story, and Luke or any of the OT heroes were definitely not leading the charge. So, from this point of view you wouldn't be able to play as ANY heroes in that map at all. Hero/Villain mixup isn't a bad thing. HVV is fun, but so are the other modes. If you're taking the game so seriously that every aspect of the game MUST be era-locked, then play Arcade or Co-Op lol.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

    du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • Stop whining. Star Wars is meant to be played as a mix. After all these years of waiting for large-scale Star Wars video games, it essentially comes down to story accuracy? Why not have variants of modes so the by-the-book players have their target mode, and everyone else may enjoy a combination of characters accessible in all maps.

    Comments like this are the reason why the game is in a crappy state with broken heroes dominating with the push of 3 buttons.
  • StarNavy1 wrote: »
    STORY ACCURACY: Too Many Heroes in Galactic Assault

    There is an even # of Heroes & Villians, but there are TOO MANY!!

    Out of 40 people about 20 are Heroes with 5x strength and health!!

    FIX THIS

    Map accuracy please!! :)

    Its actually OK in Heroes vs Villians.

    In Galactic Assault (Strike etc), it would be much cooler to have story accuracy. Darth Vader never really was at Naboo etc.

    This is something we've deserved from day one.

    MUST MUST MUST

    Future Battlefronts should only have 2 heroes per side in big game modes. Too many problem and balance breaking abilities...Anakin I am looking at you.
  • Christ...

    it's not about what actually happened. it's about what COULD have happened. possible scenarios, not canonic! but grievous on Hoth is NOT a possible event!

    And yes, by the end when they attacked the Executor many Battleshops and Corvettes got really close to the Death Star. It was even Part of Ackbars plan. So yeah, theres quite a chance that a corvette crashed into the Death Star!
  • the PEOPLE have spoken.

    Clear that trash OUT
  • polarition wrote: »
    KilroyWH78 wrote: »
    @Cyro that was a super disrespectful response to @polarition comment. Gawl, if you’re that concerned about accuracy there shouldn’t even be a Death Star II map in GA because, obviously, only Luke goes to the second Death Star and not an entire rebel army. If you hate heroes so much, go play strike or blast and take your rude replies with you :)

    there isnt a rebel army in the death star 2, its a crashed CR90 and they are making their way out, even though a CR90 isnt really a troop transport its still a sizeable ship. it makes sense, and doesnt impact canonicity at all.
    and if you are hellbent on having a hero/villain spam and mix up, why dont you stay on HvV then?

    No CR90s actually got near the Death Star II for them to be able to crash into the surface. Not only was the shield up for a majority of the battle, but when it finally was lowered only small ships invaded. The plot doesn't really make sense if you're taking it too seriously, which it shouldn't be. Because there wasn't a group of rebels that invaded the Death Star II in the story, and Luke or any of the OT heroes were definitely not leading the charge. So, from this point of view you wouldn't be able to play as ANY heroes in that map at all. Hero/Villain mixup isn't a bad thing. HVV is fun, but so are the other modes. If you're taking the game so seriously that every aspect of the game MUST be era-locked, then play Arcade or Co-Op lol.

    apparently you havent read anything at all

    there is still enough time from when the shields went down towards its explosion, can be sure of how much, because in a movie scenes can be cut to make it shorter and not necessarily meaning it was a short battle.

    if you bothered to look out of the hangars you would notice that the fleet is battling outside just a few kilometers away, which in the movie makes sense given that the executor crashes into the death star.

    And the rebels are NOT INVADING the death star, they are trying to escape it after crashing into it (probably due to battle damage)
  • SWBF2EA is a mess of a game.
Sign In or Register to comment.