criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Yoda the grand master is so strong lol

Is it just me or does Yoda feel really weak. I remember when his dash was nerfed below 100 I think to 85 & I was thinking it's his only offensive move not to mention his block isnt all that & his reach is laughable. General grievous takes more than that with claw rush. I've been paying close attention to the little guy since the nerf & presence glitch. I've come to the conclusion hes more of a support hero than ever. I'm not asking for a change he's not going to get obviously the community felt he was op & to strong lol. I'm just starting a conversation on the little guy to see what you all think.

Replies

• Yoda is a beast in GA. Playing him in HVV is like playing Leia in HVV, or Boba Fett in GA. You're going to have a bad time. His prescience ability even blocks explosions ffs! He can also attack through block which helps out his friendly teammates.
  • Alwyzgamin
    12 posts Member
    edited October 28
    I'm talking about hvv in particular. I understand he works well in ga or supremacy he's always felt like he's designed specifically for it. Most hero issues are related to hvv.
  • Alwyzgamin wrote: »
    I'm talking about hvv in particular. I understand he works well in ga or supremacy he's always felt like he's designed specifically for it. Most hero issues are related to hvv.

He is the weakest saber hero right now which is very strange considering he is suppose to be the strongest force user. His dash attack really needs some changes. 85 damage is a joke. If they made it do 85 damage only when the opponent is blocking, that would be acceptable. Also his Opposing the Darkside starcard should be buffed form 16 to 20 like every other bonus damage starcard has.
  • Yeah I wish he wasn't design to buff a team and absorb blaster fire to kill infantry. That doesn't translate well to HvV at all...
  • A change for master Yoda could be:

1) lightsaber block instead of force block defense.
    Change Yoda's push ,making it as Luke's.

2)Making his lightsaber strikes speeder than now. :)

• .....as Kylo's lightsaber strikes.
  • Yoda works badly and does no more damage like before. Even his ability to block the blasts of blasters and lightenings of palpatine does not work the raging challenge is the force is impossible to do
  • I tried using Yoda in Co-Op 3 times in one match and got crushed. He should at least be able to one shot infantry.
  • Hello!

A few month ago I already mentioned that Yoda is one of the weakest force user in HvV, especially in contrast to his skills and power in the movies. There were some players who think he is good or strong enough. I hope now this voices fall silent.
    One "bug" I still realise with Yoda force push is, that it's range is a lot of the time breaking to almost nothing after absorbing blaster fire. Once again I would encourage to make his force push range static and only increase the damage output while absorbing. His static standard range should be above Luke's force push range.
    I would tweak Yoda lightsaber damage as follows, standard 120-130 to troopers and 140-150 to villains, all by default. His opposing the dark side can be changed to something else.
    I would give his dash attack 100 damage if he breaks through blocks and 150 if the target is not blocking and get hit.
    His presence ability should grants him 200HP extra health and other 100-150HP and not Yoda's full bonus. Maybe 100-125 for troopers and 150 for other heroes.
    Give Yoda a faster saber swing speed under presence and like Vader a damage reduction card under it, maybe against damage dealt by villains and not troopers.
    His Jedi Mentor star card should be higher, about 10-15%, or he should get higher health in HvV about 750-800.
    I don't really know if his force push should be able to use midair.
    That' s my thought about the strongest Jedi in the movies.
    Greetings.
  • After forcing myself to play the current iteration of Yoda in HvV, I agree with most of your suggestions, although I feel like some of them maybe buff him a little too much. As long as Yoda has "Presence" in its current form, its going to be hard to buff him to where most would like him to be in HvV. My opinions on your suggestions:

1." I would encourage to make his force push range static and only increase the damage output while absorbing. His static standard range should be above Luke's force push range." I completely agree. I wold make the range close to his maximum unleash range and allow the Unleashed star card to increase it to maximum range. The Earned it I Have star card can just affect the damage side of the ability. If it becomes too strong in CS/GA then I would cap damage at 140 against troopers.

2. "lightsaber damage as follows, standard 120-130 to troopers and 140-150 to villains, all by default. His opposing the dark side can be changed to something else." I think that keeping his lightsaber damage at its current level vs troopers/villains is balanced. I also think that they should keep his Opposing the Dark Side star card and just up the value to 20 at epic quality. I would also cause the card to affect his Dash attack against villains.

3. "I would give his dash attack 100 damage if he breaks through blocks and 150 if the target is not blocking and get hit." I think 150 isn't necessary and buffing his Dash attack too much really just causes it to be a band-aid. 100 damage that breaks through block is a good place to start especially if Opposing the Dark Side added 20 additional damage against villains.

4. "His presence ability should grants him 200HP extra health and other 100-150HP and not Yoda's full bonus. Maybe 100-125 for troopers and 150 for other heroes." He is where I probably disagree the most, but I mention why in the beginning. Currently after nerfs the health bonus is 70 for troopers and 150 for Yoda and heroes, and the health last 8 seconds before decaying. I personally would change presence to do something other than just give health and remove CC since those 2 things are mutually exclusive and Finn is better and more suited for it. My suggestion for presence is as follows:

Presence - Yoda suppresses his presence, disappearing from enemy radars while increasing 'maximum' health regen for himself and allies around him by 40 for troopers and 100 for heroes.
    Area of Effect: 20 meters
    Duration: 10 seconds
    Cool Down: 20 seconds

Feel the Force - Presence grants Yoda increased 'maximum' health regen - 15/20/25/30
    Size Matters Not - Yoda gains an extra dodge ability charge, but his stamina drains faster blocking blaster - 35%-30%-25%-20%

5. "Give Yoda a faster saber swing speed under presence and like Vader a damage reduction card under it, maybe against damage dealt by villains and not troopers." I think that they could simply give him another marginal animation speed update baseline with an increase in his attack range as well. Maybe they could change his Jedi Mentor card to damage reduction against villains or lightsaber/force moves?

6. "His Jedi Mentor star card should be higher, about 10-15%, or he should get higher health in HvV about 750-800." As stated above I think it should only apply to villains or maybe even just lightsaber/force move damage. 10-15% damage reduction against everything is a little too good in GA/CS where he is already very strong.

7. "I don't really know if his force push should be able to use midair." I don't think he should be able to, but the animation does need to be the same speed as Luke's.
  • I can work with Yoda, but the camera angle for him is waaaayyyy too low.
    Yes he is short, but half the time you can't even follow what he is doing because you are blocked from it by the environment he happens to be in. It needs to be higher in third person view so at least you can function while playing him.
    Seriously!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    I can work with Yoda, but the camera angle for him is waaaayyyy too low.
    Yes he is short, but half the time you can't even follow what he is doing because you are blocked from it by the environment he happens to be in. It needs to be higher in third person view so at least you can function while playing him.
    Seriously!

We all can work with him.