criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

D&D trilogy cancelled!

Replies

• Werowe4
    392 posts Member
    edited October 29
    The usual: Disney has gotten itself into quite a mess by leaving Kennedy be for so long. Iger isn’t pleased at this news getting out so soon before TROS, I’m sure. A lot of heads are going to roll if TROS fails to deliver.

P.S. And Iger should still hold firm against Rian Johnson getting a trilogy just because of this news.
  • DarthJ
    6757 posts Member
    edited October 29
    Comes to something when writers would rather work with Netflix than on Star Wars.

On BBC over here in the UK, I noticed they said that they only really mentioned how honourable/great it was speaking to George Lucas. Wonder if there has been some creative differences with Disney themselves.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Comes to something when writers would rather work with Netflix than on Star Wars.

On BBC over here in the UK, I noticed they said that they only really mentioned how honourable/great it was speaking to George Lucas. Wonder if there has been some creative differences with Disney themselves.

I saw in one of the articles that it is a 9 figure netflix deal. If that is true, I don't blame them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

I saw in one of the articles that it is a 9 figure netflix deal. If that is true, I don't blame them.

$200M isn’t really worth walking away from Star Wars generally. Midnight’s Edge has some thoughts on what actually happened here:
  • Rinku
    127 posts Member
    It doesn’t matter if you love the new Disney canon along with the sequels or hate the new canon and prefer legends, this was a HUGE sigh of relief for us.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif