criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Instant Action Lag on PC

When I play arcade or multiplayer, the game is smooth. For some reason Instant Action is very laggy. It starts off fine, then for some reason my trooper starts walking and shooting super slowly (once again only IA has this issue). It has been this way since the Update. Can this PLEASE be fixed? I am trying to enjoy IA big fights but cannot because of the stupid lagging! It i very frustrating!

Replies

• Do you play on PC? Because I had the same problem, but I could solve it when I reduced the number of bots. I think it has something to do with your RAM.
  • I'll have a go on XBOX and see what it's like...
  • Hi OP, I would agree on @Tantor7, maybe you are using the "max AI players"-setting to its maximum and your PC just can not handle it and therefore the performance suffers. Try lowering the value to the standard one and see what it is like. If you still experience such issues, please let us know since this would indicate to be a bigger issue :)
  • Ive been playing with the standard (20 vs 20) ai, but lag is still there. This has only been a problem since the most recent update for Halloween.
  • Rowanstar wrote: »
    Ive been playing with the standard (20 vs 20) ai, but lag is still there. This has only been a problem since the most recent update for Halloween.

Mhm, I have not heard / seen anyone else raising this topic on the forums, but maybe I just have not seen it while scrolling through.

@IronSoldier is this a known thing?
  • I confirm, Instant Action is the only solo (and offline) mode that has some lag sometimes... That is a some sort of achievement. Congratulations !!!

Technical question : is an IA game is totally offline or you have to be disconnected to be really offline ?

• M3lgo wrote: »
    I confirm, Instant Action is the only solo (and offline) mode that has some lag sometimes... That is a some sort of achievement. Congratulations !!!

Technical question : is an IA game is totally offline or you have to be disconnected to be really offline ?

I don't consider a mode you can't pause as offline.