criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Add the AT-TE on Pipeline Junction West (Only in Instant Action)

Otum
11 posts Member
edited November 3
The AT-TE is a lot of fun to use on Felucia, too bad you can only find it on that map! Why not also add it on Pipeline Junction West?

I realize that it would cause an excessive imbalance in CS online, so I would suggest adding it only in Instant Action, to allow players to have fun separately.

Moreover it should work rather well on Geonosis despite the uneven terrain, given that even on Felucia the terrain is also very uneven and the Walker can still arrive almost anywhere. Think about it, it's a small thing that would significantly improve the map of Geonosis, without ruining the balance, since it would be an only offline feature.

regards.

Replies

• Cyro
    390 posts Member
    as much as i'd like this idea...i dont think theres enough space for it to walk..

...i played it on felucia recently...and i remembered how much better classic BF2 handeled it.... Bots would enter the AT-TE, pilot it, with multiple seats (Driver, Gunner, Rear Gunner) and you can still use it...... but in THIS game it only stands arround, wont move until you get in....

why.. just why DICE...
  • Otum
    11 posts Member
    edited November 3
    Cyro wrote: »
    as much as i'd like this idea...i dont think theres enough space for it to walk..

...i played it on felucia recently...and i remembered how much better classic BF2 handeled it.... Bots would enter the AT-TE, pilot it, with multiple seats (Driver, Gunner, Rear Gunner) and you can still use it...... but in THIS game it only stands arround, wont move until you get in....

why.. just why DICE...

I hope that at some point the AI will be capable of driving it.

About the space, the AT-TE on Felucia is able to handle very tight spaces(although with some strange glitches in the legs), so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to manage even the spaces of Geonosis. If you think about it, the space between B and A is large enough to allow it to pass, just as it should be able to get from C to D by circumnavigating the E hill. Virtually the only place it could not reach is E. Even if it's not as functional as it is on Felucia, it's more af a small request to add to the Sandbox element of Instant Action.
  • Cyro wrote: »

why.. just why DICE...

I hope that at some point the AI will be capable of driving it.

As for space, I disagree. The AT-TE can handle very tight spaces on Felucia without problems (only with some nice leg glitches). If you notice, the entire space between B and A is very flat and wide enough to allow the walker to pass. Moreover the walker should also be able to go from C to D circumnavigating the hill of E. The only place he shouldn't reach is just E. I realize that on Geonosis the Walker wouldn't be as functional as it is on Felucia, but it is a request made only to add a further SandBox element to the Offline