criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

I actually did not expect the ghost to be in the rise of skywalker.

When i saw it in the trailer, i just freaked, it was so awesome seeing it in a main star wars movie! I hope some of the characters make an appearance too, like jacen syndulla maybe ezra and sabine, who knows... maybe ezra if he is in it, maybe he'll kinda train rey and then it's rey, kylo and ezra facing down palpatine, and if they can't defeat him then i hope anakin's force ghost comes down to finish off palpatine, that would be epic! I saw two other ships from the rebels show, that weren't in rouge one.... there was sabine's friend ketsu, her ship the shadowcaster was below the falcon, and behind the falcon looked like commander sato's command ship which is a republic medical frigate. Of coarse this is just high hopes/speculation that a couple rebels characters might make an appearance, but most likely not, if anyone it'll be jacen syndulla flying the ghost. Oh did anyone else see the B1 battle droid behind 3-PO in the trailer?

Replies

• When i saw it in the trailer, i just freaked, it was so awesome seeing it in a main star wars movie! I hope some of the characters make an appearance too, like jason syndulla maybe ezra and sabine, who knows... maybe ezra if he is in it, maybe he'll kinda train rey and then it's rey, kylo and ezra facing down palpatine, and if they can't defeat him then i hope anakin's force ghost comes down to finish off palpatine, that would be epic! I saw two other ships from the rebels show, that weren't in rouge one.... there was sabine's friend ketsu, her ship the shadowcaster was below the falcon, and behind the falcon looked like commander sato's command ship which is a republic medical frigate. Of coarse this is just high hopes/speculation that a couple rebels characters might make an appearance, but most likely not, if anyone it'll be jason syndulla flying the ghost. Oh did anyone else see the B1 battle droid behind 3-PO in the trailer?
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • If I see Ezra in the movie, I am going to scream. And not because I hate the character. It’s because it would break canon because by the beginning of the force awakens, Luke was supposed to be the last Jedi at least until the end of TLJ when he makes Rey a Jedi, so Rey must be the last Jedi and for that to happen, no Jedi can exist at the time including Ezra. Though I’m fine with the rest of the ghost crew appearing in the movie
  • If I see Ezra in the movie, I am going to scream. And not because I hate the character. It’s because it would break canon because by the beginning of the force awakens, Luke was supposed to be the last Jedi at least until the end of TLJ when he makes Rey a Jedi, so Rey must be the last Jedi and for that to happen, no Jedi can exist at the time including Ezra. Though I’m fine with the rest of the ghost crew appearing in the movie

The thing is that yoda said luke was the last jedi, even though ezra existed at the same exact time in the OT era, so honestly.... star wars breaks it's own lore in almost every star wars movie.
  • And that's the problem with the various star wars movies. They all contradict what happened in the last movie. Like the chosen one prophecy, they did not work that out very well.... i mean, Anakin was to destroy the sith, then why in the older original ST books at least i think they were the original ST books.... anyhow that Han and Leia's son which was jacen solo, he became darth ceadus.... so obviously Anakin did not destroy the sith, so what gives, just because palpatine was defeated, doesn't mean the sith was gone, it just doesn't add up. So i like the fact that palpatine is back in the rise of skywalker, cause then the sith can have a more appropriate ending. The chosen one prophecy never really amused me anyhow.... now palpatine coming back and secret imperial star destroyers bursting out of the ground! Now that i can grab on too.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    If I see Ezra in the movie, I am going to scream. And not because I hate the character. It’s because it would break canon because by the beginning of the force awakens, Luke was supposed to be the last Jedi at least until the end of TLJ when he makes Rey a Jedi, so Rey must be the last Jedi and for that to happen, no Jedi can exist at the time including Ezra. Though I’m fine with the rest of the ghost crew appearing in the movie

The thing is that yoda said luke was the last jedi, even though ezra existed at the same exact time in the OT era, so honestly.... star wars breaks it's own lore in almost every star wars movie.

I know right. Like in TLJ almost everyone referred the resistance as “rebels”
    If I see Ezra in the movie, I am going to scream. And not because I hate the character. It’s because it would break canon because by the beginning of the force awakens, Luke was supposed to be the last Jedi at least until the end of TLJ when he makes Rey a Jedi, so Rey must be the last Jedi and for that to happen, no Jedi can exist at the time including Ezra. Though I’m fine with the rest of the ghost crew appearing in the movie

I know right. Like in TLJ almost everyone referred the resistance as “rebels”

Also the fallen order game, cal kestis, ezra and kanan all existed at the exact same time. Unless yoda meant active jedi? Cause i don't know if ezra is active as a jedi, wherever he disappeared too with thrawn, and kanan is dead, cal kestis, no idea until i play it, and that's just the problem, how did they expect luke too be the last jedi, when there are hundreds of used too be jedi that could come back, and hundreds of force sensitives out there that could be used for bad or good, so luke is the last jedi yoda says... total contradiction, anakin was too destroy all the sith.... totally a contradiction, how do they expect unknowing force sesitives not too delve into the darkside of the force, and then decide they want too learn more about the darkside rather than the light. Lets just face it star wars is one big contradiction, no matter what era or trilogy.
    And that's the problem with the various star wars movies. They all contradict what happened in the last movie. Like the chosen one prophecy, they did not work that out very well.... i mean, Anakin was to destroy the sith, then why in the older original ST books at least i think they were the original ST books.... anyhow that Han and Leia's son which was jacen solo, he became darth ceadus.... so obviously Anakin did not destroy the sith, so what gives, just because palpatine was defeated, doesn't mean the sith was gone, it just doesn't add up. So i like the fact that palpatine is back in the rise of skywalker, cause then the sith can have a more appropriate ending. The chosen one prophecy never really amused me anyhow.... now palpatine coming back and secret imperial star destroyers bursting out of the ground! Now that i can grab on too.

I don't think the 'Chosen One' prophecy is a real thing. There will always be Jedi and Sith, the light side and the dark side. Even if Palpatine dies, the Sith will just resurface again at some other time.
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    And that's the problem with the various star wars movies. They all contradict what happened in the last movie. Like the chosen one prophecy, they did not work that out very well.... i mean, Anakin was to destroy the sith, then why in the older original ST books at least i think they were the original ST books.... anyhow that Han and Leia's son which was jacen solo, he became darth ceadus.... so obviously Anakin did not destroy the sith, so what gives, just because palpatine was defeated, doesn't mean the sith was gone, it just doesn't add up. So i like the fact that palpatine is back in the rise of skywalker, cause then the sith can have a more appropriate ending. The chosen one prophecy never really amused me anyhow.... now palpatine coming back and secret imperial star destroyers bursting out of the ground! Now that i can grab on too.

I don't think the 'Chosen One' prophecy is a real thing. There will always be Jedi and Sith, the light side and the dark side. Even if Palpatine dies, the Sith will just resurface again at some other time.

Yeah, they definitely didn't think the chosen one prophecy thru, at least that's what it seems like.
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member

You mean Disney broke the lore with its shows?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member
    Revan72 wrote: »

It is though. And he did bring balance, in a sense. The light side was overstacked so he wiped them out, then redeemed himself by 'killing' Palpatine. Leaving Luke for a new era. Anakin effectively hit a reset button and balanced it all. Palps coming back impacts on that though.

The Sith won't come back if Palps dies as you have no surviving Sith. Kylo isn't a Sith, nor was Snoke.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

It is though. And he did bring balance, in a sense. The light side was overstacked so he wiped them out, then redeemed himself by 'killing' Palpatine. Leaving Luke for a new era. Anakin effectively hit a reset button and balanced it all. Palps coming back impacts on that though.

The Sith won't come back if Palps dies as you have no surviving Sith. Kylo isn't a Sith, nor was Snoke.

The why in the old books did han and leia's son turn into darth ceadous, the chosen one prophesy was a joke, yoda said that luke was the last jedi, yet in the old books luke starts a whole new jedi order full of thousands jedi masters, knights and padawan, the chosen one prophecy was most likely made up by palpatine to trick the jedi, even yoda said that the prophecy could've been misread.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Palpatine dying once and for all does not mean the Sith wouldn't come back. Who's to say that there aren't Sith elsewhere? And Palpatine dying doesn't wipe out the Dark Side. There could be some Jedi in the future who gets tempted by the Dark side and turns. I believe that's how the Sith started, Jedi turned to the Dark side.
    DarthJ wrote: »

Palpatine dying once and for all does not mean the Sith wouldn't come back. Who's to say that there aren't Sith elsewhere? And Palpatine dying doesn't wipe out the Dark Side. There could be some Jedi in the future who gets tempted by the Dark side and turns. I believe that's how the Sith started, Jedi turned to the Dark side.

Yeah that is how the sith started, they were a branch of the jedi, that broke off, you can't just expect the darkside to just be gone completely.

The why in the old books did han and leia's son turn into darth ceadous, the chosen one prophesy was a joke, yoda said that luke was the last jedi, yet in the old books luke starts a whole new jedi order full of thousands jedi masters, knights and padawan, the chosen one prophecy was most likely made up by palpatine to trick the jedi, even yoda said that the prophecy could've been misread.

Just on the point of Yoda telling Luke he was the last Jedi, that was during ROTJ. He began a new Jedi order after that. So, what Yoda said was true.

Just on the point of Yoda telling Luke he was the last Jedi, that was during ROTJ. He began a new Jedi order after that. So, what Yoda said was true.

But what about ezra still being a jedi during his time in the unknown regions? He was most likely still a jedi and ezra talked to yoda himself thru force visions.
  • IXPrometheusXI
    883 posts Member
    edited November 17
    Ezra is a joke
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.