criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Did the thread just vanish...?

I was discussing with other members about ST in a thread called something like "Can we at least have this?". When I returned, I was not able to find the thread. Checked all categories and used the searchfield, but did not find anything.

I see this happening more often. Are they silently moved or deleted by the moderators?

Any information is welcome.

Thank you.

Replies

• Yes they remove threads and posts all the time.

That's is rude, unproductive and a bad UX ... I am quite surprised and shocked tbh.

That's is rude, unproductive and a bad UX ... I am quite surprised and shocked tbh.

Sometime ago a thread of mine was nowhere to be found, I followed a notification of a mod responding there, and when I followed it it sent me to the forums's restricted area with that dead emoji.

Then sometime after that my thread was back here. The mod was unable to tell me if that is common or not (I think he believed I was lying).

I pointed out to him that they should always send a PM to the OP when deleting a thread, as it's a respect we customers deserve. I understand deleting posts doesn't need it as it must be too much for the small mod team to handle.

So I recommend reaching the mod team to discover what happened. Send a PM to EA_Rtas, as he has been very active for some time. Or send it to EA_Tom and someone from the mod team will probably answer you for him.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @RogueZeroRendar thanks for the insights :)
  • IronSoldier
    3790 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited November 6
    The thread was removed and I can confirm that the OP has been notified about why so they are aware :)

We wouldn't typically share that with everyone who has replied - simply as it isn't possibly from the get go without manually finding everyone who replied and due to moderation confidentiality.
This discussion has been closed.