criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Suggestions and Concepts for General Grievous

So Grievous is indisputably my most favorite villain to play in the game. Not only is he just an absolute walking meat grinder when it comes to dealing with enemy troops but just completely devastates enemy heroes. In general, he's just a complete tank. However, for a while I've had a few ideas in my mind that I think would make him an even more fun character to go on rampages with:

1. Give Grievous his custom DT-57 blaster pistol "Grievance Striker" as it is portrayed in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars. It would give Grievous an advantage should he run out of stamina and would lead to a more interesting gameplay style.
2. Grievous spawning two AI Magnaguards that follow him around and protect him until his or their death (upon his death they will still keep fighting). During the time they are active so is the ability. The ability starts recharging after they are destroyed. If Magnaguards are ever implemented into the game as a reinforcement the AI Magnaguards would not count towards active reinforcements and instead just AI, meaning they wouldn't put restrictions on player reinforcements. (i.e. Max Count in Use)
3. Give Grievous the tow cable built into his arm that would pull Grievous directly to the spot he is looking at. This could be used to escape danger or get around quicker on the map, together with his already existing Claw Rush ability.
4. Also, make Grievous's personal custom fighter, The Soulless One, available in both starfighter modes, with the following abilities:
- Afterburner - The usual starfighter ability that sends the starfighter surging forward at a greater speed for a limited time.
- Laser Barrage - Ability that would cause the laser cannons to momentarily fire faster, dealing greater damage to enemy fighters.
- Hot Pursuit - Like Vader's Sith Hatred ability, Grievous will be able to lock on to a specific enemy fighter so it will be highlighted and be visible at all times. This ability becomes idle when hero starfighters are present, and Grievous knows of their location no matter where they are.

Tell me what all you guys think of this.

Replies

• Well.... some i agree with, and some i don't. In all it's pretty good, but i would take out the tow cable, and not for sure about the magnaguard spawn, it sounds pretty cool.... but not for sure. Things i would like is an all four saber wield as either a replacement ability for thrust surge, or too make it a fourth ability. I would really like too have the magnaguards as a reinforcement though.
  • Yeah, but the tow cable would be useful if Grievous is knocked out of map bounds or if he's thrown off a ledge (which is just an extremely annoying way to die, especially if you're playing a Hero). It could be used as a one-time save ability where he automatically shoots it at the nearest ledge. I think it would give Grievous a great advantage, and since he's the only Star Wars character with such an ability it would make him even more unique.

As for the Magnaguard spawn, I thought it would be a cool concept since the original Battlefront (2015) game had Hero Bodyguards, so I thought it'd be interesting if they could be an NPC bodyguard exclusive to Grievous and maybe even Dooku (as we see Dooku with them numerous times in The Clone Wars). Of course, as I said, this doesn't have to affect them being a playable Reinforcement but having them spawn alongside Grievous as AI bodyguards is just a fascinating idea to me. As a whole, I think that there is some potential to bring Hero Bodyguards into Battlefront II (as an equipable, fourth ability).

I think all of these could be made into new, equipable ability Star Cards since troopers can also change their arsenal to have different weapons (i.e. Ion Torpedoes, Scan Darts, Barrage, Detonite Charges, etc). Similarly, I think choosing one of the aforementioned abilities could serve as a fourth ability for Grievous, like with Anakin's Retribution.
  • Yeah, but the tow cable would be useful if Grievous is knocked out of map bounds or if he's thrown off a ledge (which is just an extremely annoying way to die, especially if you're playing a Hero). It could be used as a one-time save ability where he automatically shoots it at the nearest ledge. I think it would give Grievous a great advantage, and since he's the only Star Wars character with such an ability it would make him even more unique.

As for the Magnaguard spawn, I thought it would be a cool concept since the original Battlefront (2015) game had Hero Bodyguards, so I thought it'd be interesting if they could be an NPC bodyguard exclusive to Grievous and maybe even Dooku (as we see Dooku with them numerous times in The Clone Wars). Of course, as I said, this doesn't have to affect them being a playable Reinforcement but having them spawn alongside Grievous as AI bodyguards is just a fascinating idea to me. As a whole, I think that there is some potential to bring Hero Bodyguards into Battlefront II (as an equipable, fourth ability).

I think all of these could be made into new, equipable ability Star Cards since troopers can also change their arsenal to have different weapons (i.e. Ion Torpedoes, Scan Darts, Barrage, Detonite Charges, etc). Similarly, I think choosing one of the aforementioned abilities could serve as a fourth ability for Grievous, like with Anakin's Retribution.

It would be nice if heroes and villains had one or two star cards each, that could swap out an ability. So like a four saber wield and the tow cable could be grievous's one or two ability changing star cards. Palpatine could have two sabers or one saber wield star card, and not for sure about a second star card change. I would have to think of star cards that could change abilities for the other heroes later.