criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Honestly.... i really want more saber heroes, rather than more blaster heroes.

The thing is that blasters heroes too me.... they're just boring, they don't amuse me, maybe boba fett, but all the one's on the lightside, are just boring. I've seen many threads saying to remove blaster heroes from HvV, because they're annoying. So i understand a couple more, like jyn and krennic, most likely more blaster heroes from the rise of skywalker, padme and jango and all that, but two of those pairs of heroes will most likely be out of the way by mid next year, so two blaster wielding heroes from the rise of skywalker in December and January, then jyn & krennic in say February and march, or March & April, either one. Then after that, there's not much too do after that, besides an OT & ST capital supremacy, co-op and instant action, though those will probably come with the rise of skywalker updates and the OT CS after the rouge one updates, so then it would be nice too get other saber heroes besides clone wars one's. Cause an OT capital supremacy would get boring real fast, because most likely everyone will be flocking too luke and vader, so they'll get boring, and most blaster heroes aren't even picked in GA, because they're just sitting targets and easy kills for vehicles and heroes, and that many blaster heroes would be so annoying in an OT CS. So it would be nice too get kanan or ezra and the grand inquisitor, sabine and thrawn would also be nice, after that.... then we get mandalorian show updates in like, late 2020.... then we can maybe get padme, jango fett, mace windu savage oppress and ahsoka & ventress in like early 2021.

Replies

• this_old_mouse
    1869 posts Member
    edited November 7
    How long do you think it’ll take for this thread to become a warzone? I’m betting 3 minutes
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I'd take more saber heroes as well but they'd be mace and qui gon which I doubt we will be getting. So I'll happily take the likes of jyn and krennic or padme and jango as I have no interest in ahsoka and ventress
  • How long do you think it’ll take for this thread to become a warzone? I bet 3 minutes

Who knows. It's just that blaster heroes are so boring. I've read somewhere that the saber heroes make the game, because they make it stand out from your common shooter game. So with that said, it would be nice. Is jyn, krennic, and two other blaster heroes from the rise of skywalker not enough? That's four blaster heroes, same amount of saber heroes we got earlier this year, so then let's shift back too saber heroes after those four blaster heroes have been added, then after that then it's back too saber heroes.
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I'd take more saber heroes as well but they'd be mace and qui gon which I doubt we will be getting. So I'll happily take the likes of jyn and krennic or padme and jango as I have no interest in ahsoka and ventress

Yeah, it's just that i would like more OT saber heroes, cause i feel like luke and vader would get boring real fast, at least in an OT capital supremacy.... and the only OT saber heroes too add would be kanan or ezra and the grand inquisitor. Then after them, and also sabine and thrawn.... because sabine is needed too counter boba and we need thrawn so that way it won't be uneven heroes, then i would like mace, savage oppress, ahsoka and ventress and padme & jango.
  • I hear something in the distance.... sounds like an earthquake? No... it's just my sarlacc belly grumbling pleasently after I come back to this thread when it's in ruins.
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest
  • Always have wanted more blasters.

I enjoy them more and they have less bugs associated with them.

That's why i said too swap it around, like they've already been doing. So jyn and krennic, two blaster heroes from the rise of skywalker. Those four blaster heroes should be satisfying enough, for a while. Then it's kanan or ezra and the grand inquisitor too counter, so rouge one will kick off the OT content, then it's rebels content after the rouge one content. Soo, in all actuality, the only saber heroes would be one pair, which are the one's above, after that we still need sabine and thrawn, also from the rebels show, sabine too counter boba and thrawn too even it out. Then after that it could be the mandalorian, from the new show, and then maybe back too clone wars content in early 2021, which would include.... as i see it, mace windu savage oppress, and ahsoka & ventress.... cause we would need two more saber clone wars heroes too even it out, it always bothers me when there's an empty space, so just mace & savage, they would make another empty space, so six heroes in all would be a better choice, then padme and jango could come after the fact. So like this it would be diverse, and not just blaster or saber heroes for one time, it would be mixed.
  • The problem is that there's only one way to use a blaster. Lightsaber have different ways to be used.
    What I mean is, you can have one, two or one with two blades. Apart from the different force abilities every lightsaber has.
    Blaster heroes are like OP infantry. But I still like them more
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    The thing is that blasters heroes too me.... they're just boring, they don't amuse me, maybe boba fett, but all the one's on the lightside, are just boring. I've seen many threads saying to remove blaster heroes from HvV, because they're annoying. So i understand a couple more, like jyn and krennic, most likely more blaster heroes from the rise of skywalker, padme and jango and all that, but two of those pairs of heroes will most likely be out of the way by mid next year, so two blaster wielding heroes from the rise of skywalker in December and January, then jyn & krennic in say February and march, or March & April, either one. Then after that, there's not much too do after that, besides an OT & ST capital supremacy, co-op and instant action, though those will probably come with the rise of skywalker updates and the OT CS after the rouge one updates, so then it would be nice too get other saber heroes besides clone wars one's. Cause an OT capital supremacy would get boring real fast, because most likely everyone will be flocking too luke and vader, so they'll get boring, and most blaster heroes aren't even picked in GA, because they're just sitting targets and easy kills for vehicles and heroes, and that many blaster heroes would be so annoying in an OT CS. So it would be nice too get kanan or ezra and the grand inquisitor, sabine and thrawn would also be nice, after that.... then we get mandalorian show updates in like, late 2020.... then we can maybe get padme, jango fett, mace windu savage oppress and ahsoka & ventress in like early 2021.

Many threads that blaster heroes are annoying?🤔 I havent seen any. I've seen just the opposite. I lean slightly towards sabers but I enjoy Chewy and Palps alot too. I'd like any new hero characters. Just not Rose🤮🤮🤮 my most wanted are Jyn/Krennic Mace/?
  • *Begins popping popcorn*
  • ru5dt2z9mftt.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • most blaster heroes struggle to do much of anything vs a competent player in any mode with a few exceptions I dont see the point in adding a blaster hero that will just be fodder like the rest so I would prefer new saber heroes as well.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    I wouldnt say annoying but i personally dont find them great to play with. Ide much rather have a lot more sabers than blasters not half and half, but equally dark side need a buffing character and ide rather that be through a blaster hero like thrawn than waste a saber on buffs...
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    I wouldnt say annoying but i personally dont find them great to play with. Ide much rather have a lot more sabers than blasters not half and half, but equally dark side need a buffing character and ide rather that be through a blaster hero like thrawn than waste a saber on buffs...

DS do need a buffing character but there is a simple fix to this I think.

Palps dark aura, whilst damaging enemies should buff allies at the same time.

Job done?

• I prefer that this game sees its problems corrected before the addition of hero saber or blaster ^^
  • Boring except for Boba Fett?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/148842/padme-amidala-design-idea

Is my idea not a super fun Padme? She's basically pathfinder

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• DiamondxStyles
    1624 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Might I add: She also becomes the light side boba/Palps

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• unit900000 wrote: »
    most blaster heroes struggle to do much of anything vs a competent player in any mode with a few exceptions I dont see the point in adding a blaster hero that will just be fodder like the rest so I would prefer new saber heroes as well.

I totally agree with this and have said the same thing before. If a new blaster character is just going to be crappy, what is the point?

If they just buffed some of the current blaster characters to be competitive rather than punching bags, it would be about the same as adding characters.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    most blaster heroes struggle to do much of anything vs a competent player in any mode with a few exceptions I dont see the point in adding a blaster hero that will just be fodder like the rest so I would prefer new saber heroes as well.

I totally agree with this and have said the same thing before. If a new blaster character is just going to be crappy, what is the point?

If they just buffed some of the current blaster characters to be competitive rather than punching bags, it would be about the same as adding characters.

Yeah that could work. Really the only saber heroes that interest me is kanan or ezra & the grand inquisitor too counter, they would be for the OT, then ahsoka & ventress, then mace windu and savage oppress, those other clone wars heroes could come in 2021 though. The only blaster heroes i care about, i guess that would be jyn and krennic, not that i really care, in think i just mainly want scariff.
  • Lyc4n
    1464 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Job done?

Yh this is true but then people would complain how op he is etc. I think jyn and krennic would be fine but i couldnt really care less i want cool unique saber users, mace windu, ahsoka, pong krell, i mean aesthetically different. Rverything looks so similar atm, all sith are just black with a red lightsaber, all good guys wear typical jedi robes with a blue lightsaber mostly. Just adds some more flavour in my opinion. A purple lightsaber, two white lightsabers on a togruta, and a dual wielding double bladed lightsabers huge menacing alien (dont know the name of species) just would look insane in the game, not to mention it makes for the ability to use awesome abilities and create fan favourites. I have no doubt ahsoka will have a bugger fan following when included in battlefront and i think pong krell would actually get some fans.

Imagine being a child and this is one of the first games you play and they released pong krell or ahsoka imagine that effect, now imagine being a kid and releasing krennic or jyn and how much hype you would get from playing that. Another character that shoots but looks generic.
  • DarthJ
    6772 posts Member

Job done?

Yh this is true but then people would complain how op he is etc. I think jyn and krennic would be fine but i couldnt really care less i want cool unique saber users, mace windu, ahsoka, pong krell, i mean aesthetically different. Rverything looks so similar atm, all sith are just black with a red lightsaber, all good guys wear typical jedi robes with a blue lightsaber mostly. Just adds some more flavour in my opinion. A purple lightsaber, two white lightsabers on a togruta, and a dual wielding double bladed lightsabers huge menacing alien (dont know the name of species) just would look insane in the game, not to mention it makes for the ability to use awesome abilities and create fan favourites. I have no doubt ahsoka will have a bugger fan following when included in battlefront and i think pong krell would actually get some fans.

Imagine being a child and this is one of the first games you play and they released pong krell or ahsoka imagine that effect, now imagine being a kid and releasing krennic or jyn and how much hype you would get from playing that. Another character that shoots but looks generic.

Pong Krell? Really? Like 80% of the SW fanbase probably dont know who he is.

Whereas more casual SW fans will have saw the films, including RO, and whats not to love about a majestic white cape?! Generic looking, really?!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DiamondxStyles
    1624 posts Member
    edited November 8
    DarthJ wrote: »

Job done?

Whereas more casual SW fans will have saw the films, including RO, and whats not to love about a majestic white cape?! Generic looking, really?!

Padme's white cape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Krennic's white cape

Also Padme >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jyn and Krennic

• 77wx3cedwn53.jpg
    I bet you feel dumb right now
  • Or adding REAL héroes and villains Like jango, cad Bane, Rex, Cody, nota extras Bounty hunter Like bossk ir Simeone that actually use His blaster no screen
  • I expected a dumpster fire reading the title, well here go my two cents.

Blaster heroes are indeed less compelling, but there was a time they weren't, where they used to dominate saber heroes too, op saber tracking, dodge nerfs, stun nerfs, these are thing that changed the flow greatly.
    Saber heroes have been constantly given advantages, they don't even work properly, but that's not ma issue because that will slide towards you or you'll get teleported towards them and get hit and stun locked, I can't recount the times I've dodged a saber just to get sucked back.

Not surprising you want more saber heroes if blasters suck.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Job done?

Yeah, but then again how many people who only watch the films know enough about Ahsoka and Ventress? They weren't even in the films but are seemingly being added to the game. But, I don't actually think Krell would be a good addition to the game. I feel like he'd just be another Grievous.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • Agreed but need Padmé
  • Padmé is a must!
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• As someone who plays Saber heros much more often than blaster heroes - we have more than enough saber heroes in a game. Enough ragdolls, enough saber spamming characters, enough cheesy force powers, enough saberstuns and ridiculous tracking. This game does not need more of that stuff.

Most bugs in this game are related to force powers and lightsabers. Do we really need more bugs?

Blaster heroes are far less complicated and buggy - if they are going to add more heroes they should make more blaster heroes, not saber heroes.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    As someone who plays Saber heros much more often than blaster heroes - we have more than enough saber heroes in a game. Enough ragdolls, enough saber spamming characters, enough cheesy force powers, enough saberstuns and ridiculous tracking. This game does not need more of that stuff.

Most bugs in this game are related to force powers and lightsabers. Do we really need more bugs?

Blaster heroes are far less complicated and buggy - if they are going to add more heroes they should make more blaster heroes, not saber heroes.

How, many blaster heroes later, would it be too make everyone bored too death?
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    As someone who plays Saber heros much more often than blaster heroes - we have more than enough saber heroes in a game. Enough ragdolls, enough saber spamming characters, enough cheesy force powers, enough saberstuns and ridiculous tracking. This game does not need more of that stuff.

There is a lot that can be done for variety in blaster heroes. Look at the differences there already are. Remember the old game had temporary cloak for Bothans. Flame throwers. Shotguns. Mortars. Etc. Not to mention the abilities. If the designers put their thinking caps on they could add several interesting ones before I'd get bored.
  • bfloo
    15971 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »

They should add 4 blaster heroes, then start to alternate
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »

They should add 4 blaster heroes, then start to alternate

Yeah, that's exactly what i proposed, in another comment, but some people seem to want all blaster heroes and nothing more.
  • Are more heroes coming? Did I miss something? I'm down for whatever at this point.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Are more heroes coming? Did I miss something? I'm down for whatever at this point.

And that's my point.... I would like more saber heroes, that aren't clone wars related, because luke and vader would get real boring, because a lot of people don't choose blaster heroes very often, so that means that luke and vader would be most popular. So that's why i would want kanan or ezra and the grnad inquisitor to counter, so that way two saber heroes will be available instead of just one.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Are more heroes coming? Did I miss something? I'm down for whatever at this point.

And that's my point.... I would like more saber heroes, that aren't clone wars related, because luke and vader would get real boring, because a lot of people don't choose blaster heroes very often, so that means that luke and vader would be most popular. So that's why i would want kanan or ezra and the grnad inquisitor to counter, so that way two saber heroes will be available instead of just one.

Well for me I have no interest in playing kanan, Ezra or anything else from rebels tbh.

Luke and Vader would always win over any of them.

So my suggestion would be don't bother, forget more heroes and improve the game elsewhere

Well for me I have no interest in playing kanan, Ezra or anything else from rebels tbh.

So my suggestion would be don't bother, forget more heroes and improve the game elsewhere

Yeah but there is nothing wrong with adding good OT era content from the rebels show, the clone wars show is how we expanded the PT.... so the rebels show expanded the OT. You say you wouldn't care.... but most likely no one would be saying that if kanan or ezra were in the game. Just because someone doesn't like a show, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't like it. No one will be saying luke or vader is fun when you give an OT CS a couple of months, they'll get boring like anakin did, so more of a variety is better than just one saber hero per side.

Or..... Ezra could be a ST hero? Because it's been speculated that he'll be in the rise of skywalker, and there is some proof of that speculation, because there was a character concept art that was titled EB and other picturs shows this character using a green saber and is seen using the force against first order mountain troopers and rey is fighting sith troopers next to this character, and it's not luke. Plus no matter what, whether people like the rebels show or not, it's most likely getting content, because it's no jango fett then, if we don't add the only other well known jetpack wielder, which is sabine wren, so she's needed, and whats the point, might as well add rebels content with her.