criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Palpatine ruining gameplay again

Come on devs

Replies

• DarthLando wrote: »
    So he killed you & that ruined your gameplay ?

Lmao
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Raices
    1426 posts Member
    Smh people will always complain about a good hero in this game, Palpatine can be easily countered you know, he isn't op.
  • Palpatine is fine just needs to stop shooting while dodging.
  • What has changed with him?
  • he is a bit op but honestly its nice to play him again I actually feel like he is worth playing even at the risk of getting murdered by Anakin at any moment if I make even the smallest mistake.

that being said light side feels like crap right now do to the combination of Palps getting a buff and Yoda, Obi and Anakin all dealing with consistency issues do to buggy abilities while most of the dark side dont have these issues at least not this consistently.

Yoda: buff his dashes damage to 100 I think that would be fair and his presence needs to be fixed as it only gives his team health maybe half the time its used at most. the health alone would be good enough to make him viable but it dont even work half the time.

Obi: people still ask for a mind trick nerf and I used to as well but I have gotten over it I dont think its that serious and if it gets over nerfed there is a risk of lowering the strength of the light side to much. they need to fix the glitch on push that causes you to get stuck making you unable to release it early and they need to fix the issue with mind trick were the person effected by it can get out of it early if ragdolled.

Anakin: you still get stuck in heroic might even after all this time and now he has another problem: retribution is the most inconsistent it has ever been people can be in the air, on the ground or even simply walking around without even blocking and it wont effect them I dont know what they did to cause this issue but it needs to be fixed.

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Come on devs

He isn't You're just not handling him effectively.

This. Effing shoot him. A floating Palps is one of the easiest things in this game to shoot.

mxhjjhchbbjv.png
  • Is Papatine really OP or just back up to top tier level alongside other heroes AND are people just not used to it?
  • Is Papatine really OP or just back up to top tier level alongside other heroes AND are people just not used to it?

If only there was a time machine to go back to launch Palps and tell people "DO NOT BUFF HIM! PLAY WITH HIM MORE!!! YOU USE BOTH TRIGGERS FOR FORCE LIGHTNING!!!"

Maybe the never-ending-story of Palps nerfs and buffs wouldn't have happened.
  • Yeah he is an absolute beast right now and it's just not fun to go up against him
  • THESUPAMAXPLAYER
    465 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Come on devs

This. Effing shoot him. A floating Palps is one of the easiest things in this game to shoot.

A good palpatine never floats though he bunny hops. His recent damage buff let's him melt blasters tbh I'm fine with him besides the dodging while shooting
  • Come on devs

A good palpatine never floats though he bunny hops. His recent damage buff let's him melt blasters tbh I'm fine with him besides the dodging while shooting

Yeah, a GOOD Palpatine does that. 9 out of 10 I see just float around like dandelion puffs.
  • Just use obi wan mind trick boom
  • Come on devs

Except that he can shoot back and while you have to actually aim at him, he zaps an entire army's worth of troopers with his bogus auto aim attack and chain lightning. Not to mention the fact that only the most inexperienced Palp-players will make the mistake of floating around in the first place.
  • People using mouse keyboard have a massive advantage using this glitch
  • OcDoc
    2004 posts Member
    His chain lightening is going through blocks and it seems like his stun is possibly more effective than usual. It also seems like getting the last few damage points to seal the kill are crazy hard to get at times (as if he has damage immunity)

I didn’t know there was anything going on with him and played a game where I struggled against a Palpatine player. I haven’t struggled against the Emperor in quite a while so I found it surprising.

I then noticed that every game thereafter in HvV someone picked the Emperor and again found it unusual (at least in recent past) but I took him more seriously and faired better although he still was a difficult out.

I have been in favor of buffing him but he is one of those characters that has a fine line between too weak and too strong.
  • In HvV, you have to hope all your teammates know their role in dealing with him, and play as a team, if not, you will lose. If you play as a light saber hero, keep your blaster heroes safe, so they can concentrate their fire on him, if you are a blaster hero, concentrate all your fire on him. If you are Anakin, pull him when possible, if you are Obi Wan or Rey, mind trick him when possible, the most important thing is to play as a team.
  • It's incredibly easy to take down Palpatine. Stick to gun heroes or just back him into a corner with a mind trick or push him off a ledge? I don't see any need for a nerfing. He can be formidable in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, but just because someone defeats you doesn't really mean there's an issue at hand. Sometimes you've just gotta take a loss.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • Also no force combos, his lightning needs to knock people out of a stun. Vader choke+ palpy lightning right now is an instant kill even with full health.
  • Are we talking in GA or hvv? Cause he melts troopers in large scale modes but he's also a weakling if your team focuses him. Unfortunately the only time I see him my whole team is running around with their hands above their heads while palp chain lightnings us all to death.
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited November 8
    polarition wrote: »
    It's incredibly easy to take down Palpatine. Stick to gun heroes or just back him into a corner with a mind trick or push him off a ledge? I don't see any need for a nerfing. He can be formidable in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, but just because someone defeats you doesn't really mean there's an issue at hand.

Just no. All of that was true prior to the last patch. Now, any level 15 noob can MVP with Palps, just like it used to be, in the early days, with Vader. His dodge, which was already OP, is now godlike.

As someone else pointed out, you can beat him up and get him close to death, but it is now 10 times more difficult to actually kill him with a saber hero. It takes zero skill to zap someone with auto aim, do the flying hot dog so they can't reach you, turn around, and zap them again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Force powers are wasted against him, again, because of the dodge.

If he has any teammates around, you might as well just run.

If you're on a team of randoms against even the dumbest of premades, you're totally toast.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

No, no. Ruined his immersion. He was so into playing the Wookie Enforcer on Crait that when Palps zapped him, he cried Wookie tears and asked mom for a Pop Tart.
  • bfloo
    15972 posts Member
    dirgerex wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »

No, no. Ruined his immersion. He was so into playing the Wookie Enforcer on Crait that when Palps zapped him, he cried Wookie tears and asked mom for a Pop Tart.

What flavor pop tart?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Come on devs

Come on people, learn how to play once and for all. Palps can be easily countered by using Rey's or Obiwan's mind trick. Best if you team up with a Rey/Obiwan combo. Stop asking for unnecessary Nerfs just because your inability to handle a hero. Get better.
  • It is necessary nerf. He was stealth buffed. He can deal damage through block and unlike Han or Iden, he does not require aiming. You just click button and here you go, free damage through block!

Dealing damage while dodging is broken too. It's a bug, not feature. Palpatine requries no skill at all at the moment. He was fine before last patch, now he is not.
  • I get where people are coming from on both sides of this thread, but I’ve noticed that Palps has been noticeably harder to take down since the latest patch.

I’ve seen this most when going up against him as Luke or a blaster hero that should be able to sort him out easily.

In particular, is it just me or are a lot of his attacks going straight through block these days?
    Or if not going through block, draining your stamina in seconds and then you’re done for?
  • j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

This is what palps is doing to GA matches at the moment. This is last 2 matches he was involved in I played and they were dull as dishwater. Pretty even and full matches when he wasnt chosen.
    Fyi .. different players using him each time.

This should not be happening.
  • j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

This is what palps is doing to GA matches at the moment. This is last 2 matches he was involved in I played and they were dull as dishwater. Pretty even and full matches when he wasnt chosen.

At least his score wasn't high ;).

I saw Palps having around 100 elimations on PC. This was pretty rare (since Palpatine was fixed year ago and since Anakin was nerfed) but now it's happening again - People often having more than 100 eliminations in GA match.

He needs tweaks ASAP.
  • He can zap while dodging AND before getting up after a knockdown. Most OP in the game, atm.
  • DangerRanger
    9 posts Member
    edited November 9
    j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

I just saw an Anakin get 64 eliminations 20 minutes ago and a Luke Skywalker get 82.

NERF THEM ALL!!
  • Moojammin_10
    2534 posts Member
    edited November 9
    j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

I just saw an Anakin get 64 eliminations 20 minutes ago and a Luke Skywalker get 82.

NERF THEM ALL!!

I don't have a problem with that many eliminations, its when they are disproportionate to the rest of the players in the match on a consistent basis.
    It's either game design or match-making.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

At least his score wasn't high ;).

I saw Palps having around 100 elimations on PC. This was pretty rare (since Palpatine was fixed year ago and since Anakin was nerfed) but now it's happening again - People often having more than 100 eliminations in GA match.

He needs tweaks ASAP.

Are you in US? I've heard this claim before.

I am in UK and I main GA and I very very very rarely see anyone over 60/70.

The majority of matches I play leaders are usually around 40/50 and last around 15 mins.

Having said that, with the match making issues some matches never get past phase one 🤣🤣
  • DangerRanger
    9 posts Member
    edited November 9
    uhb86c0hzou9.jpg
    h1cw60ogx2ct.jpg

This was literally 30 seconds ago when this match ended. Luke Skywalker with 100 eliminations. So palpatine goes on a 47 elimination kill streak, you post a screenshot, and call for a nerf?

That's my point.

They ALL can do it in some form or another. I've hit 100 eliminations with Han Solo.

We don't need to yell nerf everytime we end a match and it doesn't go our way.

EDIT: I should clarify, that player was Luke from roughly the time they joined at the beginning of Objective 2 to the end of Objective 3/the match. Give-or-take maybe 10-12 of those eliminations were as a trooper; remainder as Luke.
  • Wolfman91
    646 posts Member
    edited November 9

This was literally 30 seconds ago when this match ended. Luke Skywalker with 100 eliminations. So palpatine goes on a 47 elimination kill streak, you post a screenshot, and call for a nerf?

That's my point.

They ALL can do it in some form or another. I've hit 100 eliminations with Han Solo.

EDIT: I should clarify, that player was Luke from roughly the time they joined at the beginning of Objective 2 to the end of Objective 3/the match. Give-or-take maybe 10-12 of those eliminations were as a trooper; remainder as Luke.

Is this console, or PC? Cause you know, there is a huge differance.

I play on PC and VERY rarely someone gets more than 100 (rarely more than 65) unless someone played AT ST through 2 phases of Crait and enemy team was trash . And since last update, I've seen couple of Palpatines having score around 100 eliminations. It was a thing when Palpatine's lightning went through walls and when Anakin was super OP.

I had 70+ eliminations with Luke 2 days ago (64 killstreak) but that happens very, very rarely and I main Luke. It is probably more common now, since he was buffed but I'm not playing as often GA due to lags so idk (btw I had similar score when he dealt 100 dmg with his saber and his abilities didn't work half the time lol).

Anyways I see so many Palpatines now it reminds me of a times just before he was killswitched. He was always very good and pretty cheesy but now he's even better. He's also new Boba Fett in HVV - everyone is playing him and everyone is doing great with him ;v

@Moojammin_10 I'm in Europe too ;)

That's my point.

Is this console, or PC? Cause you know, there is a huge differance.

I play on PC and VERY rarely someone gets more than 100 (rarely more than 65) unless someone played AT ST through 2 phases of Crait and enemy team was trash . And since last update, I've seen couple of Palpatines having score around 100 eliminations. It was a thing when Palpatine's lightning went through walls and when Anakin was super OP.

I had 70+ eliminations with Luke 2 days ago (64 killstreak) but that happens very, very rarely and I main Luke. It is probably more common now, since he was buffed but I'm not playing as often GA due to lags so idk (btw I had similar score when he dealt 100 dmg with his saber and his abilities didn't work half the time lol).

Anyways I see so many Palpatines now it reminds me of a times just before he was killswitched. He was always very good and pretty cheesy but now he's even better. He's also new Boba Fett in HVV - everyone is playing him and everyone is doing great with him ;v

@Moojammin_10 I'm in Europe too ;)

Luke is better than Palpatine.
  • Wolfman91
    646 posts Member
    edited November 9

I've never seen Luke guy having higher killstreak than 65 and more than 80 eliminations on PC. Luke is powerful but not nearly as forgiving as Palpatine. One mistake and you're done. He requires much more skill than Palpatine (talking about GA, cause in HVV Luke is pretty easy to use too). He's good but fragile. Palps on the other hand is great for everyone, any mode. Anyone can do good with him.

I've never seen Luke guy having higher killstreak than 65 and more than 80 eliminations on PC. Luke is powerful but not nearly as forgiving as Palpatine. One mistake and you're done. He requires much more skill than Palpatine (talking about GA, cause in HVV Luke is pretty easy to use too). He's good but fragile. Palps on the other hand is great for everyone, any mode. Anyone can do good with him.

Palpatine is a ragdoll for saber heroes; even a good han can solo palp. Once you get near Palp he's toast - Palp's electrocute has a considerable cooldown AND a fairly pathetic radius, and his lightning attacks are useless at close range to ANYTHING. Han Solo will ragdoll him with a detonator, get close, get a few good shots in, shoulder charge, few good shots, and one more person nearby and/or what-have-you and Palps is as good as dead.

Two things to consider. The first one is that Luke get actual killstreaks, Palps gets assists steaks. The second one is that Dark Side is attacking on most maps (killstreaks maps). But Luke on Endor is same 100+ elims potential than Palpatine .
    Luke is more noob friendly than Palp since he has the best basic mechanics in the game (key word, basic).
    Never in my life will i see myself struggle against Palp (god forbid a new player one), i see myself struggle against his team tho and that's the key, he shines in a support role but on front line he gets easily destroyed by whoever knows what he's doing. Luke is another story.

So how would you take out a decent palp player?
    Asking for a friend 😉
  • BobaisBroken
    96 posts Member
    edited November 10
    Lol you don’t, atm a good palpy player is undefeatable in HvV with simply adequate teammates. They don’t have to get eliminations, they just have to block and use force moves and Palpy will kill everyone because you just can’t finish him thanks to the dodge upgrades.

And he doesn’t even need to actually eliminate anyone, he just keeps the pressure up and gets the damage in. Palpys team will then finish the job, because you have 6 different characters on the dark side that can damage through block and finish everyone off.

Iden, Bossk, Vader, Maul, Boba, and Palpy can all damage through block. So this is the dilemma really.
  • vonVile
    402 posts Member
    edited November 10
    Him being able to jump 20m in the air and still hit you is garbage. All they need to do to fix Palpatine is half his attack range and he'll be perfect. He should be a hit and run close range Hero. Swoop in, do some quick damage, and swoop out. Not this yo-yo *****.

Two things to consider. The first one is that Luke get actual killstreaks, Palps gets assists steaks. The second one is that Dark Side is attacking on most maps (killstreaks maps). But Luke on Endor is same 100+ elims potential than Palpatine .
    Luke is more noob friendly than Palp since he has the best basic mechanics in the game (key word, basic).

No, Palps is getting killstreaks too. His chain lightning can be used all the time and it kills troopers in less than 1 second (combined with basic attack). Everytime I face Palpatine (as a trooper) I'm dead instantly. You can't even take a shot, you die the moment you see him, unless it's a short range battle. It's far more easy to deal damage to saber hero than to him, especially since stinger pistol was nerfed.

Due to his Show No Mercy starcard he can use his ability very, very often. Which means killing multiple troopers every few seconds.

You talk about basic mechanics - Palp's has freaking auto aim and the best dodge in a game. Moreover, he can deal damage while dodging and can break block. He has very good range and A LOT of stamina. Isn't it a best mechanics? For sure it is, that is why it's so easy to get huge killstreaks with him.

He is far more noob friendly than Luke in big modes. He and Bossk were always at the top when it comes to killstreaks. I see average Lukes dying all the time. One small mistake, getting too close to Vader, AT ST, Kylo or even Iden you're done. No damage reduction, no cc immunities, poor health regen. Worse that can happen to Palps is Obi wan RMT. ;v

Luke can get 'potentialy" 100+ yet I've never seen that, not even once. Moreover, I've never seen Anakin having 100+ since he was nerfed (GA). I've seen Palps having 100+ even before recent buff (but it was rare). Now it's pretty common.

(bare in mind I'm talking about PC, I know that saber heroes are far easier to play as on consoles)

He is the most noob friendly and I have no doubts about it. It's very, very easy to learn how to play him properly and get huge killstreaks.

• j6wnx4olnwsf.jpg
    6uoflj018fn1.jpg

Toothypaprika. Now that is a gamer tag to be proud of.