criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

redo Yoda

FabiDepp
115 posts Member
edited November 7
The main problem is his defense which is very poor for being the grand Jedi master. He can easily be killed by 2 or 3 swings and that is horrible. I understand that he's no offensive of course but nor a random trooper. Come on even Phasma can take more lighstaber damage before dying.
The thing that I'd SUGGEST to do is increasing his defense BUT redoing his dash attack for it's unfair (and this is a main Yoda user saying this) it's totally unfair that he can penetrate any block, absolutely any defense when pressing 'F'
So Yoda with a normal defense (not empowered , not a tank. I understand if Devs dont want to give him the standard defense of a lightsaber wielder for he's a support, that's fine but at least a decent one for the love of God) and with the dash ability but same as Luke's and Maul's dash, not going through any block whenever you use this ability but having to be strategic in order to dealing damage with the dash attack. I also dislike this kind of people who plays Yoda blocking and pressing 'F' all the time. That's unfair I know so I want to suggest changing this two things and those Yoda players would fade away for sure and Yoda would happened to be improved and not overpowered for sure.

Replies

• I agree, Yoda is too easy to kill by lightsabers and force powers, and Palpatine's electricity. The dash attack is kinda slow, but it gets through blocks and shields too much. It should require some strategy and a bit of agility to hit when opponent is blocking / using shields. And it shouldn't be an instant kill from enemy's full health, which I think it isn't mostly. I think it could be moved to a basic attack, and replaced with a whirlwind spin ability or using the force to spin the lightsaber around him in a somewhat wide radius (with a bit of delay). The lightsaber starts at ground level, spins around him going up as it spins, and at the top (eye level) it instantly kills from full health any enemies still in the radius. Yoda needs to be powerful and fast. The dash flip attack is too clunky and doesn't need to be block-immune to compensate for its slow, auto-aim motion. The force push is not easy to prepare to evade because it doesn't have a wind-up. I think it should be debuffed a bit so it's not an instant kill either. But it also needs to have a quicker recovery speed.
  • They need to remove Yoda's Force Push. Its completely goes against his philosophy of "The Force is used for defense, never offense."

What I would do with Yoda is nerf his standard speed by half and give him an ability that gives him turbo speed for a limited time.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    They need to remove Yoda's Force Push. Its completely goes against his philosophy of "The Force is used for defense, never offense."

What I would do with Yoda is nerf his standard speed by half and give him an ability that gives him turbo speed for a limited time.

Man that is very extremist hahaha.
    that fact does not mean a Jedi cannot protect himself by using the force.

• No more hero changes. No more nerfs. No buffs. They are all pretty well balanced with the expedition of Finn and Boba being nerfed to oblivion
  • No more hero changes. No more nerfs. No buffs. They are all pretty well balanced with the expedition of Finn and Boba being nerfed to oblivion
    I gues Yoda is not one of your main when you're saying this
  • @FabiDepp no not my main haha but I use all the heroes and am gettin frustrated with how dramatically they change them when they do. You also mentioned he takes less hits from a lightsaber, but his hit box is smaller then other heroes.

Yoda got a pretty hard nerf towards the end of September. You forgot Leia on that list, then again she always gets forgotten, she doesn't get buffs or nerfs lol!
  • @FabiDepp no not my main haha but I use all the heroes and am gettin frustrated with how dramatically they change them when they do. You also mentioned he takes less hits from a lightsaber, but his hit box is smaller then other heroes.

so back to the problem, he needs more defense lol
  • where do these game ruiner ideas come from? glad these guys aren't the ones making the game..., hey Fab?
  • FabiDepp wrote: »
    @FabiDepp no not my main haha but I use all the heroes and am gettin frustrated with how dramatically they change them when they do. You also mentioned he takes less hits from a lightsaber, but his hit box is smaller then other heroes.

No I meant trying to hit Yoda is a smaller box. He’s small and I think the fact he’s harder to hit trades off.
  • vonVile
    402 posts Member
    edited November 9
    FabiDepp wrote: »
    vonVile wrote: »
    They need to remove Yoda's Force Push. Its completely goes against his philosophy of "The Force is used for defense, never offense."

Man that is very extremist hahaha.
    that fact does not mean a Jedi cannot protect himself by using the force.
    Tell me one time Yoda Force pushed anybody and I'll change my opinion.
    People complain all Force users play the same Force pushing everybody. Yoda Force abilities should be only defensive.
  • where do these game ruiner ideas come from? glad these guys aren't the ones making the game..., hey Fab?

If you're speaking about me I guess you ain't a yoda main user
    @FabiDepp no not my main haha but I use all the heroes and am gettin frustrated with how dramatically they change them when they do. You also mentioned he takes less hits from a lightsaber, but his hit box is smaller then other heroes.

No I meant trying to hit Yoda is a smaller box. He’s small and I think the fact he’s harder to hit trades off.

His hitbox only helps him against blaster characters so basically GA/CS against troopers. Lightsaber lock on doesn't care if your the size of Vader or you are the size of Yoda. In HvV his smaller hitbox doesn't really help.
    The main problem is his defense which is very poor for being the grand Jedi master. He can easily be killed by 2 or 3 swings and that is horrible. I understand that he's no offensive of course but nor a random trooper. Come on even Phasma can take more lighstaber damage before dying.
    The thing that I'd SUGGEST to do is increasing his defense BUT redoing his dash attack for it's unfair (and this is a main Yoda user saying this) it's totally unfair that he can penetrate any block, absolutely any defense when pressing 'F'
    So Yoda with a normal defense (not empowered , not a tank. I understand if Devs dont want to give him the standard defense of a lightsaber wielder for he's a support, that's fine but at least a decent one for the love of God) and with the dash ability but same as Luke's and Maul's dash, not going through any block whenever you use this ability but having to be strategic in order to dealing damage with the dash attack. I also dislike this kind of people who plays Yoda blocking and pressing 'F' all the time. That's unfair I know so I want to suggest changing this two things and those Yoda players would fade away for sure and Yoda would happened to be improved and not overpowered for sure.

👎 With that...No need to make that vermin powerful again.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    FabiDepp wrote: »

His hitbox only helps him against blaster characters so basically GA/CS against troopers. Lightsaber lock on doesn't care if your the size of Vader or you are the size of Yoda. In HvV his smaller hitbox doesn't really help.

exactly