criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Whatever happened to the force staggering change?

Prev1
Hatchet_
34 posts Member
edited November 10
Wasnt there gonna be a solution to the force chain staggering? I though I remember hearing something was gonna be implemented that once you were caught in a force ability, such as force pushs and pulls, you'd be immune to any follow up force ability for a short period of time. Or did I hear things wrong?

If it had already been implemented, I'm not feeling it. Anakin in particular is still to strong because of his ability to chain his force powers.

Edit:
Since the vocal majority clearly don't have a problem with it then how about a different solution. Give heroes mid air recovery similar to what was given to Boba Fett.
Post edited by Hatchet_ on

Replies

• It has not been implemented, and I hope it never is.

So you enjoy being push, then pulled, then repulsed, then repulsed again(via Heroic Might) with no way to stop it once it starts? Riiiiight....

I was wondering the same thing TC. I can't wait for it to come out.
  • sigh this again.

this game revolves around CC (in fact lots of other games do as well) if you dont like it find another game.

guess its bad to get punished for making a mistake and unhealthy for teams to actually coordinate there abilities.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

So you enjoy being push, then pulled, then repulsed, then repulsed again(via Heroic Might) with no way to stop it once it starts? Riiiiight....

I was wondering the same thing TC. I can't wait for it to come out.

No, I enjoy my abilities working when I use them.

It’s very, very rare for me to ever got tossed like that, and if I do, it’s almost always my fault. Whether it’s from poor positioning, overextending, mechanical error, or user error.

Besides, if a team wastes that many cooldowns I’m one person, then the rest of their team will have an easy fight, since they will have all their cooldowns.

This and
    unit900000 wrote: »
    sigh this again.

this game revolves around CC (in fact lots of other games do as well) if you dont like it find another game.

guess its bad to get punished for making a mistake and unhealthy for teams to actually coordinate there abilities.

This

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• unit900000 wrote: »
    sigh this again.

That’s another good point.

This would completely remove team combos. That’s one of the last things I want to see happen.
  • They SHOULD implement it. Chain force spam is 100 times worse than a couple second stun from a shock.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1625 posts Member
    edited November 7
    sigh this again.

This would completely remove team combos. That’s one of the last things I want to see happen.

WOW so you really want this game to actually take a modicum of IQ to play?? SMHMH 😤😤😤

No way. I don't think anyone should be punished for making big mistakes, everyone should get a victory icon at the end of the game too

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

sigh this again.

WOW so you really want this game to actually take a modicum of IQ to play?? SMHMH 😤😤😤

Crazy; I know.

Removal of blocking stagger was a step in the wrong direction. I hoping they don’t also take another step in that direction by implanting passive CC immunity.
  • honestly what even is the difference between dieing from the light side pushing you a bunch of times and getting frozen/choked and having Boba barrage you? what about getting stunned in Phasmas turret and get shot in the head?

the reason ragdoll spam is so bad is because a simple push is not going to have the same killing power as Vader choking someone or Kylo freezing someone while Boba is around for example. its annoying but thats all it is ANNOYING push spam is just another way to kill someone its not any worse then getting choked and hit with barrage or anything of that nature balance should not be decided on someones feelings or else I would of asked for Leia to just be deleted from the game until she gets a buff.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
    sigh this again.

Crazy; I know.

Removal of blocking stagger was a step in the wrong direction. I hoping they don’t also take another step in that direction by implanting passive CC immunity.

Breaking blocks was the most fun, and team coordinated mechanic I've played, perhaps in any game.

Passive mezz chain immunity would perhaps be the only reason I would get off the game for good. Only to get on for the occasional 1v1 with some friends

• hopefully I explained that well enough to understand push spam is just like any other combo of abilities its just more annoying im not going to ask for someone in Vaders choke to be immune to barrage.
    sigh this again.

Crazy; I know.

Breaking blocks was the most fun, and team coordinated mechanic I've played, perhaps in any game.

Passive mezz chain immunity would perhaps be the only reason I would get off the game for good. Only to get on for the occasional 1v1 with some friends

I miss it so much. Oh well.

My friends and I were talking about it, and we all agreed that passive CC immunity would likely be the end of us playing HvV. Turtles would be ridiculous at that point, since the main two ways of countering them (guard breaks and combos) would be removed.
    hopefully I explained that well enough to understand push spam is just like any other combo of abilities its just more annoying im not going to ask for someone in Vaders choke to be immune to barrage.

We should have 100% damage reduction while hit by any sort of CC.

Ez fix.
    hopefully I explained that well enough to understand push spam is just like any other combo of abilities its just more annoying im not going to ask for someone in Vaders choke to be immune to barrage.

To add on to what you said, the difference is annoying vs effective. Push chaining just looks more annoying, but not as user friendly as a simple Choke or Freeze + Barrage/Palp despite relative damage values.

Stinger pistol is another example of being more 'annoying'. Annoying things get more negative attention. I guess this is why Rey's mind trick is supposedly so harrowing to many players

To add on to what you said, the difference is annoying vs effective. Push chaining just looks more annoying, but not as user friendly as a simple Choke or Freeze + Barrage/Palp despite relative damage values.

Stinger pistol is another example of being more 'annoying'. Annoying things get more negative attention. I guess this is why Rey's mind trick is supposedly so harrowing to many players

The difference is even with full health your more likely to die from 2 saber heros ragdolling you vs choke or freeze +barrage/Palo
    sigh this again.

Crazy; I know.

I miss it so much. Oh well.

My friends and I were talking about it, and we all agreed that passive CC immunity would likely be the end of us playing HvV. Turtles would be ridiculous at that point, since the main two ways of countering them (guard breaks and combos) would be removed.

Same here

They replaced it with the cliché horrendous flanking changes but never realized the maps weren't designed for some hardcoar acrobatic "competition asf" MLG flank routes

The day my friends all started telling me that they were removing staggers I was sorrowed

• Hatchet_ wrote: »

The difference is even with full health your more likely to die from 2 saber heros ragdolling you vs choke or freeze +barrage/Palo

Really? Because as far as I can tell a choke + barrage and Palpatine combining is an instant kill, whereas pushes from 3 aren't, especially when the team is not competent enough to prioritize the order of pushes and the targets fly off in some random direction where you can't follow up with an execute

• Hatchet_
    34 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Hatchet_ wrote: »

Really? Because as far as I can tell a choke + barrage and Palpatine combining is an instant kill, whereas pushes from 3 aren't, especially when the team is not competent enough to prioritize the order of pushes and the targets fly off in some random direction where you can't follow up with an execute

lv died far less of being choked + barrage than being ragdolled to death. But I guess it just comes down to personal experience.
  • Hatchet_ wrote: »
    Iv died far less of being choked + barrage than being ragdolled to death. But I guess it just comes down to personal experience.

I would posit that is because the average Kylo that freezes you, does a pull afterwards, or breaks the mezz afterward. Vaders miss the chokes, and Palpatines and Bobas are too stupid to coordinate

If you were ragdolled to death more often, it was by chance that you came across more lightside teams that knew what they were doing and likely didn't meet them on the darkside

• Chaining force powers together is one of the most satisfying things about HvV. I hope they dont do it either or the mode will be truly lost. Bad players should not be catered to. Block and dodge and use your radar. Is it gonna happen sometimes? Yes. But that's the game
  • Bad players. I would drop this game so fast if they added cc immunity. That's garbage & just caters to bad players. I hardly ever get ragdolled to death maybe 1 time ever 10 games but never enough to complain about it. Even when I'm a blaster hero I dont get ragdolled spammed. Maybe it's a you problem actually it is. Dodge more & I mean always dodge & constantly look behind you & it'll decrease.
  • Bad players. I would drop this game so fast if they added cc immunity. That's garbage & just caters to bad players. I hardly ever get ragdolled to death maybe 1 time ever 10 games but never enough to complain about it. Even when I'm a blaster hero I dont get ragdolled spammed. Maybe it's a you problem actually it is. Dodge more & I mean always dodge & constantly look behind you & it'll decrease.

But.. but.. I want the game to hold my hand and I don’t want to be punished for when I make a mistake...

Combos and coordination are bad and we must remove them ASAP.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1625 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Bad players. I would drop this game so fast if they added cc immunity. That's garbage & just caters to bad players. I hardly ever get ragdolled to death maybe 1 time ever 10 games but never enough to complain about it. Even when I'm a blaster hero I dont get ragdolled spammed. Maybe it's a you problem actually it is. Dodge more & I mean always dodge & constantly look behind you & it'll decrease.

But.. but.. I want the game to hold my hand and I don’t want to be punished for when I make a mistake...

Bro tryhards are toxic and make me so mad. It's like they have some sort of cheat mechanism where they all have these things called brains and even combine their brains to synergize

They even exploit their brains to have an unfair advantage over the players without brains

• TheUltimateHope
    1331 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Removing block stagger, adding refund abilities, giving 360 degrees room clearing abilities with CC immunity + damage reduction, adding saber tracking and so on were all decisions made for bads
    I'm a terrible player and i'm all for CC immunity, let's finish what was started.

Bro tryhards are toxic and make me so mad. It's like they have some sort of cheat mechanism where they all have these things called brains and even combine their brains to synergize

They even exploit their brains to have an unfair advantage over the players without brains

Nerf brains and synergy now.

L o b o t i m i z e h u m a n i t y

😂😂😂

I may need you in a showdown game tomorrow night if Darth Laheyy isnt on. A guy on my FB group said he could 1v1 me with REY no matter what DS saber I pick😂😂😂😂 Gonna try and do it tomorrow night if I can. Just need 2 people who will let us 1v1.

I may need you in a showdown game tomorrow night if Darth Laheyy isnt on. A guy on my FB group said he could 1v1 me with REY no matter what DS saber I pick😂😂😂😂 Gonna try and do it tomorrow night if I can. Just need 2 people who will let us 1v1.

I'm always down to watch 1v1s lol. And oh dear this guy's going to get creamed by Vader or Dooku 😂

Happy to be an extra, if you need a second.

I'm always down to watch 1v1s lol. And oh dear this guy's going to get creamed by Vader or Dooku 😂

Yeah but do I use them? That could be overkill LOL. I guess I'll look at his stats and see how good he actually is before I decide.

Cool. If it happens tomorrow night I'll invite you both if I need people.

Bet. Good to fair chance this guy will be bad, but it might be entertaining.
    Bad players. I would drop this game so fast if they added cc immunity. That's garbage & just caters to bad players. I hardly ever get ragdolled to death maybe 1 time ever 10 games but never enough to complain about it. Even when I'm a blaster hero I dont get ragdolled spammed. Maybe it's a you problem actually it is. Dodge more & I mean always dodge & constantly look behind you & it'll decrease.

Yeah but do I use them? That could be overkill LOL. I guess I'll look at his stats and see how good he actually is before I decide.

Yes. You do.

It’s more fun that way. Could bully his Rey with GG, too. That’s a funny match up.

Yes. You do.

It’s more fun that way. Could bully his Rey with GG, too. That’s a funny match up.

I was thinking Maul would actually give him a chance, but yeah I could go Vader, Dooku, GG if I really wanna hammer the point home😂😂😂
  • DiamondxStyles
    1625 posts Member
    edited November 7

Yes. You do.

💀😂
    I was thinking Maul would actually give him a chance, but yeah I could go Vader, Dooku, GG if I really wanna hammer the point home😂😂😂

Nah I say you use them too LOL. Dooku especially.

If he has less than 40 days I'd say use Maul. I hope he's good. I'll laugh if it's one of my friends

Yes. You do.

💀😂

If he has less than 40 days I'd say use Maul. I hope he's good. I'll laugh if it's one of my friends

He sent me his GT. I dont recognize it but I havnt looked at his time played yet. I haven't been home much today.
  • One time I only used dashes and lightning to stalemate a bad Obi Wan with Dooku. Poor guy couldn't seem to connect and I wasn't even blocking

• One time I only used dashes and lightning to stalemate a bad Obi Wan with Dooku. Poor guy couldn't seem to connect and I wasn't even blocking

This guy seems to think Insight will help him in a 1v1....he didnt mention the stamina, just the map hack🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

This guy seems to think Insight will help him in a 1v1....he didnt mention the stamina, just the map hack🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

He’s going to get a sick flank off with insight.

Rey is an AMBUSH hero, after all.

Yes. You do.

💀😂

He sent me his GT. I dont recognize it but I havnt looked at his time played yet. I haven't been home much today.

Could be an undiscovered goat👀🐐

https://xboxclips.com/DiamondxStyles/81ae2d42-2a7d-48bc-b342-188d1fa0677e

https://xboxclips.com/DiamondxStyles/c443eba6-b866-437f-a617-9754b4b60fa6

Off topic: a couple fights with the homie Adam. Awesome guy and one of the best players I know. We've done tons of other 1v1s. Only recorded those two because of how long they lasted.

Lando's smoke and Rey's Insight = Best ambush in game

Yes. You do.

💀😂

Off topic: a couple fights with the homie Adam. Awesome guy and one of the best players I know. We've done tons of other 1v1s. Only recorded those two because of how long they lasted.

I love Adam.

He has lost every single tome we’ve played, but has never turned down a challenge. Guy just wants good games and I respect him so much for that.

Yes. You do.

💀😂

I hate approvals so much.

Anyways.

I love Adam.

He has lost every single game against us (gotta be over 25 now), but has never turned down a game. He just wants good games and I respect him so much for that.
  • I have never played in a pre-made squad.

Do you guys coordinate special moves over mics?
  • I have never played in a pre-made squad.

Do you guys coordinate special moves over mics?

Only when playing against other pre-mades.

Most of it just muscle memory at this point. When my Ani Pulls someone, I’m going to hit them with RMT, if I’m playing Obi, for example. We’re mostly talking about random things and the game is just in the background, but these combos are just standard.

Yes hes going to get a sick flank...
    in showdown😂😂😂😂

Yes. You do.

💀😂

I hate approvals so much.

Anyways.

I love Adam.

He has lost every single game against us (gotta be over 25 now), but has never turned down a game. He just wants good games and I respect him so much for that.

Same they need to nerf comment approvals asap. That one is no joke

Adam is amazing, especially his Vader a goat. Super chill person too.

• P.S. I botted so many times with RMT that fight lmfao. Went ultra instinct with everything else though. I guess I put all of my stats into strength and speed that day

• He said he uses Street fighter, Balanced and Focused sight so I'm guessing hes gonna just try dash and spam me death.