criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Luke Should be Able to Use His DL-45 Blaster

Mottflyer
27 posts Member
edited November 8
I propose that we take away Luke's repulse ability or his push and change it so Luke can pull out his DL-45, shooting it with his right hand and at the same time blocking incoming fire or enemy sabers with his light saber.

Luke cannot attack with his light saber during this ability.

It would also restrict his movement like Han's sharpshooter ability.

-

Luke would be able to shoot down Boba and Palps when he's alone or shoot at a sniping Bossk or Iden as well as getting in hits into a fleeing saber trying to regain stamina or get hits in before a fight from a distance, all while he is protected by his lightsaber.

I believe this would make Luke extremely versatile as he could excel in both close and range combat.

It would also help people who only play blaster heroes to have an in-between hero to get into light saber combat.

p00s38elq8vr.jpg
4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
Post edited by Mottflyer on

Replies

• Nah. Would fit Kanan Jarrus better.

sfl1pe1t642i.gif
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Unless it knocks you down like repulse then no way.

Agreed

Unless he shoots it into the ground and it creates a 12 meter shockwave that knocks down enemies and deals damage

then no

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Mottflyer
    27 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Unless it knocks you down like repulse then no way.

Agreed

Unless he shoots it into the ground and it creates a 12 meter shockwave that knocks down enemies and deals damage

then no

Can't live without 1 extra CC ability?
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Agreed

then no

Repulse deals meager damage but sets up free lightsaber strikes so its actually a great ability. And now that CC works from behind it's even better. Rush attack-repulse-free saber strikes. Or rush attack-repulse-push if you wanna thin out a squad

Agreed

then no

Repulse deals meager damage but sets up free lightsaber strikes so its actually a great ability. And now that CC works from behind it's even better. Rush attack-repulse-free saber strikes. Or rush attack-repulse-push if you wanna thin out a squad

Speaking of which, i laugh when i see someone use repulse then immediately push in a 1v1, considering we were discussing 1v1s earlier

I know its gonna be an ez fight, because even if he lands a stun on me, i'm safe because he'll create for me LOL

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Mottflyer wrote: »

Agreed

then no

Huh? Who said anything about needing it? I want it so he'll actually stay comp.

Unless you're willing to create about 12 topics for each character, redesigning the entire game and its dynamic to compensate for removing a core ability from 1 Hero that is excellently built, then it is a stupid idea

Agreed

then no

Speaking of which, i laugh when i see someone use repulse then immediately push in a 1v1, considering we were discussing 1v1s earlier

I know its gonna be an ez fight, because even if he lands a stun on me, i'm safe because he'll create for me LOL

Yeah in that case push saves you lol. I only use it to keep Boba at bay and get teams off my homies so we can set back up...unless it's a ledge map😈😈 repulse(with epicenter) and intensify can be devastating to Palps as well.

Agreed

then no

Nope. Cant live without a KEY ability for him.
  • Mottflyer
    27 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Mottflyer wrote: »

Agreed

then no

I never quite noticed it being a key ability. Then again, I'm Boba every darkside round and shooting luke in the back.

He never seems to get a hit in on me ever.

That's why I proposed this, to deal with Boba, Palps and the other blaster heros.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Agreed

then no

I never quite noticed it being a key ability. Then again, I'm Boba every darkside round and shooting luke in the back.

That's why I proposed this, to deal with Boba, Palps and the other blaster heros.

I see. Well most team Lukes use Extended Reach and/or Strong Repulse to mezz chain with Anakin's HM and Pull and Chewies that can knock with bowcaster and Ground Slam. All of these are enough to take out any Bobas that may get too close

• Mottflyer
    27 posts Member
    edited November 8

Agreed

then no

I see. Well most team Lukes use Extended Reach and/or Strong Repulse to mezz chain with Anakin's HM and Pull and Chewies that can knock with bowcaster and Ground Slam. All of these are enough to take out any Bobas that may get too close

Not me lol. I dodge all of that.

Not to mention that when there's a chewie that can shoot me, I don't fly around.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • DiamondxStyles
    1470 posts Member
    edited November 8

Agreed

then no

Okay
    Not to mention that when there's a chewie that can shoot me, I don't fly around.

Yeah of course. That's what any smart boba does. Bursts of jetpack

Either way you're oppressed due to this, and cannot get close till your TMs create for you

• Mottflyer
    27 posts Member
    edited November 8

Agreed

then no

Okay

I don't play traditional Boba, I play very aggressive. I hop around and stay just out of reach.

And that brings me to this thread; If I am not affected by force powers through dodging at the right time, Luke sure would do a good job countering me with his blaster ability.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Agreed

then no

Okay

I don't play traditional Boba, I play very aggressive. I hop around and stay just out of reach.

And that brings me to this thread; If I am not affected by force powers through dodging at the right time, Luke sure would do a good job countering me with his blaster ability.

The above mentioned extended push reach, Strong Repulse, Attraction, Control the Force, Bowcaster, Ground Slam, AoP are already fine counters to Bobas.

Agreed

then no

Okay

The above mentioned extended push reach, Strong Repulse, Attraction, Control the Force, Bowcaster, Ground Slam, AoP are already fine counters to Bobas.

Just trying to explain my rationalisation of this ability.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • I'm very hard to hit as Luke for a Boba that wont come in close. And if I see him try to fly in I'm gonna try for a jump push to keep him at bay.
  • Mottflyer
    27 posts Member
    edited November 8
    I'm very hard to hit as Luke for a Boba that wont come in close. And if I see him try to fly in I'm gonna try for a jump push to keep him at bay.

Let's prove that shall we? you on PC? ;)
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Agreed

then no

Okay

Just trying to explain my rationalisation of this ability.

I understand your point, but there exists enough to deal with Boba, or at least negate him.

There is no doubt a good boba is a top tier menace, but he's not OP and doesnt warrant removing a staple ability from a character designed for another purpose

I'm very hard to hit as Luke for a Boba that wont come in close. And if I see him try to fly in I'm gonna try for a jump push to keep him at bay.

Let's prove that shall we?

Let's not.

Let's not.

hehe
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Let's not.

hehe

No offense. But if I'm a saber and you're Boba it's just gonna be a stalemate. Two people who wont be able to hit each other and you chasing me around the map. You already said you stay out of reach with him. That would be the most annoying 1v1 ever. I'm Xbox1 anyway.

Let's prove that shall we? you on PC? ;)

And of course it's easier to shoot moving targets on PC lol. I'm console

Agreed

then no

Well, I have to ask;

Which is more valuable? The push or the repulse?
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png

Agreed

then no

As a Luke Main, I now have a new objective: Kill All Pesky Boba’s
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Agreed

then no

Well, I have to ask;

Which is more valuable? The push or the repulse?

They both have their uses. Depends on situation and map really. If I had to choose I'd say repulse right now because it can CC from behind. I get alot more kills using repulse+saber strike combos then I do off push. Unless its Bespin or Kashyyyk😈
  • vonVile
    387 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Give the blaster to Obi-Wan, so he can say "So uncivilized." after every use.
  • Honestly I never knew his pistol was different from Hans. Learned something new today, bless these forums. Last jedi would have been better if he just shot himself at the end instead
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    I'd be fine if they removed Repulses knockdown honestly, and just have it be an area of effect ability that damages enemies and maybe slightly staggers them. I like the idea of this as an ability, but it would be nice if it were an optional Star Card/Ability like troopers have.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    Hey folks, removed some posts from in here that were just unnecessary, if you disagree with the OP that's fine but don't bait with memes.
  • The other reason I proposed this is for people who only play blaster heros (like me) to have a half-way blaster hero that does saber combat. I'm not really the biggest fan of saber combat and a half-way saber would be nice and versatile in all forms of combat.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • I'm a Luke main and I think he's fine the way he is.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Yeah, I just don't see this happening at this point. I don't really like Repulse and this ability would be pretty cool, but I don't think they'll completely redo it at this point.
  • fuah8bbftrz3.jpg
    I propose that we take away Luke's repulse ability or his push and change it so Luke can pull out his DL-45, shooting it with his right hand and at the same time blocking incoming fire or enemy sabers with his light saber.

Luke cannot attack with his light saber during this ability.

It would also restrict his movement like Han's sharpshooter ability.

-

Luke would be able to shoot down Boba and Palps when he's alone or shoot at a sniping Bossk or Iden as well as getting in hits into a fleeing saber trying to regain stamina or get hits in before a fight from a distance, all while he is protected by his lightsaber.

I believe this would make Luke extremely versatile as he could excel in both close and range combat.

It would also help people who only play blaster heroes to have an in-between hero to get into light saber combat.

p00s38elq8vr.jpg

d1wevy26s7j9.jpg
  • yes yes and yes! Luke is proficient with both blaster and lightsaber

Keep Repulse and add the Blaster option as his 4th Ability