criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Yoda really needs a redo

Yoda receives too much damage. Although you select the ''Jedi Mentor'' star card he takes too much damage like... you should increase his 'natural' defense or maybe increase this star card damage reduction percentage up to a 10/12% for it's very vulnerable to lightsabers damage.
I'm not asking for a defense such as Vader's but a normal one. Like... not being defeated by three lightsaber strikes...
It's sooo sad that Yoda has to be evading all the time for if someone hits you two times ,you're close to be dead and that's horrible. Like... Even when dashing you have to be careful not to dash at the very time an enemy is striking its lighstaber for even in dashing you'll take a lot of damage from it...

The thing that I'd suggest to do is increasing his defense BUT redoing his dash attack for it's unfair (and this is a main Yoda user saying this) it's totally unfair that he can penetrate any block, absolutely any defense when pressing 'F'
So Yoda with a normal defense (not empowered , not a tank. I understand if Devs dont want to give him the standard defense of a lightsaber wielder for he's a support, that's fine but at least a decent one for the love of God) and with the dash ability but same as Luke's and Maul's dash, not going through any block whenever you use this ability but having to be strategic in order to dealing damage with the dash attack. I also dislike this kind of people who plays Yoda blocking and pressing 'F' all the time. That's unfair I know so I want to suggest changing this two things and those Yoda players would fade away for sure and Yoda would happened to be improved and not overpowered for sure.

Replies

• Lawnmow3rMan
    3436 posts Member
    edited November 8
    awakespace wrote: »
    The only thing Yoda needs is for his dash to do 130 damage again - but to only do 85 if an opponent is blocking - then he would be set

Yep. Buff dash. It was nerfed way to much and fix presence not giving health to teammates
  • awakespace wrote: »
    The only thing Yoda needs is for his dash to do 130 damage again - but to only do 85 if an opponent is blocking - then he would be set

I agree. Maybe also change his 'heal with health leftover from Presence' card back to extra damage when Unleash is fully charged.

Though in addition to these changes I wouldn't oppose increasing the resistance granted by Jedi Mentor by 1% or so. It is a fair point that as Lightsaber damage has increased substantially, Yoda can go down really easy (though his lightsaber block should compensate for this).
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    Yoda was fine where he used to be.

Another case of DICE nerfing something that wasn't broken.

Getting 130 x 3 damage through a block for 390 unblockable damage with his Dash Star Card (undebatably one of his better one) on a reasonable cooldown was a little bit too much. Having it hit for full damage when not blocking and partial damage when blocking retains it's utility without making it super punishing.
  • Yoda is still great in trooper modes. I don’t want to see him become oppressive again.

Here’s really all I want;

- allow Dash Attack to do 130 to blocking opponents, but keep the 85 through blocks. Alternatively, meet in the middle and allow it to do 100-110 damage, regardless of blocks
    - Fix Presence. Works maybe half the time.
    - Presence should go on cooldown after casting, similar to Survivor
    - Increase Jedi Mentor by 3-4%
    - Increasing Opposing the Dark Side damage to +30. It’s only towards villains and will compensate for his slow swing speed
    - improve animations and recovery times

There’s some other small things, but those are my main ones.
  • Yoda is still great in trooper modes. I don’t want to see him become oppressive again.

- allow Dash Attack to do 130 to blocking opponents, but keep the 85 through blocks. Alternatively, meet in the middle and allow it to do 100-110 damage, regardless of blocks
    - Increasing Opposing the Dark Side damage to +30. It’s only towards villains and will compensate for his slow swing speed

Put Jedi Mentor at 4/6/8/10% Damage Reduction (2% overall increase). Much higher and it might become too good as Yoda is already hard for infantry to kill as he is small, fast, and can absorb blaster fire.

Opposing the Dark Side shouldn't go up to +30. If anything, Anakin's +20 and Luke's +50 need to be nerfed (with a downside and overall reduction respectively). I wouldn't be opposed to maybe a +20 but his core problem is he still needs another 5-10% swing speed buff though.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Yoda is still great in trooper modes. I don’t want to see him become oppressive again.

Put Jedi Mentor at 4/6/8/10% Damage Reduction (2% overall increase). Much higher and it might become too good as Yoda is already hard for infantry to kill as he is small, fast, and can absorb blaster fire.

Opposing the Dark Side shouldn't go up to +30. If anything, Anakin's +20 and Luke's +50 need to be nerfed (with a downside and overall reduction respectively). I wouldn't be opposed to maybe a +20 but his core problem is he still needs another 5-10% swing speed buff though.

Yeah, 2% would be fine. 10% + Presence would be enough. Fair enough.

+30 would be fine. It’s only towards villains, so it wouldn’t be problematic in trooper modes. I prefer the idea of Yoda swinging slower but hitting harder, rather than making him into another spam-friendly hero.

Hard disagree there.
  • Adding on; Yoda already has pretty nutty lunges. Increasing his swing speed will only make those more annoying (like Luke or Rey).

Yoda also jumps with each attack and it’s incredibly annoying trying to shoot him. Increasing his swing speed would increase the speed and frequency of those “hops”, making him further annoying to shoot at.

Please no.
    tts42572 wrote: »
    Yoda was fine where he used to be.

Another case of DICE nerfing something that wasn't broken.

Getting 130 x 3 damage through a block for 390 unblockable damage with his Dash Star Card (undebatably one of his better one) on a reasonable cooldown was a little bit too much. Having it hit for full damage when not blocking and partial damage when blocking retains it's utility without making it super punishing.

Dash is rather slow, most people can easily just dodge out of the way, or start the pain train on you when you stop blocking to Dash. At 85 damage is isn't worth the risk in HvV, you will almost always take more damage than the 85 damage you caused, I mean it isn't even good in GA/CS now, I guess its a gap closer now? Yoda has the slowest saber attack speed in the game by far, he has always relied on Dash for damage against other heroes. Dash was only "annoying" 1v1, other than that you just spam Yoda to death, his saber deflection stamina is extremely low. I would be fine with them giving him back 130 damage that doesn't break block if they gave him attack speed buffs/quicker animations/buffed some of his star cards/etc...
    Yoda is still great in trooper modes. I don’t want to see him become oppressive again.

Yeah, 2% would be fine. 10% + Presence would be enough. Fair enough.

+30 would be fine. It’s only towards villains, so it wouldn’t be problematic in trooper modes. I prefer the idea of Yoda swinging slower but hitting harder, rather than making him into another spam-friendly hero.

Hard disagree there.

Well then Yoda's base damage should be slightly increased. Isn't his current base only 125 + 25 when hitting the back? If he swings slower than other saber heroes, why does he only hit for average values from the rear (and below average from the front)? Only Rey hits for less but she swings much faster and has Insight.

I think there's more ways to approach Yoda's saber damage than just a +30 for Opposing the Darkness (I'd be fine with +20).

After the balancing patch on the way health buffs work between Yoda/Finn/Officers and the Presence & Dash nerf I don't see Yoda ever being "oppressive" again. Yoda's biggest problems are/were his strengths:

1) Yoda is too good at blocking blaster fire
    2) Yoda's Unleash when fully charged is too good at killing enemy troopers
    3) Presence 'was' too good when cast on trooper/reinforcements - provided 260 with star card in the past.

#3 has been dealt with, and its too the point where giving heroes the ability to "buff" troopers just seems stupid. Let the officer class do that. Give Yoda/Finn something else. Without a star card Yoda gives troopers 70 health - 150 with the star card. They even nerfed how much he gives to heroes and himself for the sake of GA/CS. I am all for Presence doing something that isn't "support" related.

#1 is pointless, Obi-wan can block (Lightsaber and Blasters) almost infinitely so people need to stop whining about Yoda's ability to block blaster efficiently.

#2 so we are really just left with the power of Yoda's Unleash in "trooper modes". I say nerf the max damage of Unleash to 140 against troopers.

After they fix #2 I could see Yoda getting all the things you listed and more so. I would change Jedi Mentor to Lightsaber Damage/Force Abilities since his blaster deflection stamina is so high. He doesn't need to be better at killing troopers but at standing a change at killing villains.
  • Unleash damage (max) shouldn’t go below 150.

It’s okay for him to have one ability that OHK regular troopers, when charged. I quite like where Unleash is right now; it’s good-ish, but not great like HM or Push.
  • Raices
    1426 posts Member

This
  • Rising_Light
    7 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Improve him by buffind dash thoughhh
  • I'd rather they buff the speed of his basic attack animation instead............when people constantly are dodging in HvV. I'd rather finish up with basic attack faster, so I can get into block stance faster or prepare for another swing faster.

Yoda regularly missing more often than most lightsaber charaters at hitting people.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1624 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Every since the pdefense and recovery speed fixes a few weeks after Felucia dropped, Yoda has felt fine. Too many buffs to him would be too nutty. Yoda was only momentarily trash till this this happened. Right now he's decent but isn't user friendly to the non Yoda main

I'd say he deserves a buff only because his arch nemesis The Grieve got a ton of stamina drain buffs for no reason. The only way to outplay an elite Grieve party is by using height for whole match, and this just makes every encounter a tedious battle of patience over skill

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• awakespace wrote: »

But what about his defense? A mosquito can resist more damage

Whether increase Jedi Mentor or his base defense. But whichever decision they make, his defense has to be increased. Of course not too much just a lil bit more.
  • Smattonellus
    821 posts Member
    edited November 9
    I was fine with Yoda before all the changes, when he couldn't block saburs, they broke another thing that worked and put him in a buff/nerf circus, a bit like Darth Vader. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • I do see what you mean. I haven't really played him much against other players, but using him in Co-Op he seemingly takes quite a bit of damage if you're not extremely careful with him.

I... wouldn't necessarily say he needs a damage buff or a defense buff. Perhaps all he'd need is a 4th ability like Anakin's retribution? However, it'd have to be something less damaging and reckless and more supportive. I'd say just like Retribution, it can only be activated based on the amount of damage he receives before his death. And once activated it grants a temporary 40% damage boost to him and finite amount of players around him for a short amount of time. I'd say that'd definitely even the odds. He is, after all, one of the most powerful Jedi Masters. Seems fitting, don't you think?
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • polarition wrote: »
    I do see what you mean. I haven't really played him much against other players, but using him in Co-Op he seemingly takes quite a bit of damage if you're not extremely careful with him.

I... wouldn't necessarily say he needs a damage buff or a defense buff. Perhaps all he'd need is a 4th ability like Anakin's retribution? However, it'd have to be something less damaging and reckless and more supportive. I'd say just like Retribution, it can only be activated based on the amount of damage he receives before his death. And once activated it grants a temporary 40% damage boost to him and finite amount of players around him for a short amount of time. I'd say that'd definitely even the odds. He is, after all, one of the most powerful Jedi Masters. Seems fitting, don't you think?

but what bout killing him in such a matter of 4 strikes? That needs to be changed :l