criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

There's something wrong with Vader's force choke

Has anyone else noticed something wrong with Vader's force choke over this past week or so?

There have been so many times where I use his choke and enemies are taking damage but arent getting picked up or I'll use it and it'll just drop them immediately. The main problem is the first one I mentioned where they dont get picked up at all whereas the second has occurred only a couple times but just adds to the overall problem of his force choke being bugged.

Replies

• At this point I'm probably just going to accept that Force Choke is never going to work smoothly and 'as intended.'
  • I've noticed this also.

I swear half the time it doesn't work at all and even when it does it doesn't seem to be doing nearly as much damage. Maybe it's just me...IDK.

It definitely doesn't seem to be as effective for me as it used to be.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    At this point I'm probably just going to accept that Force Choke is never going to work smoothly and 'as intended.'

For a while it worked very well and I didnt notice anything wrong with it except the extremely rare occasion where someone wouldn't get picked up off the ground. Since about a week ago, maybe less, it has happened substantially more. Not sure why but it has become enough of a problem for me to notice it and ask about it on here.
  • Yep. I've seen clips of it dropping an enemy immediately
  • It's bugged like everything else in the game. It's same as retribution. Ret still doesn't pick people up sometimes and yet they take the damage. Ani has been out like 10 months or something and they still haven't fixed him. By now they have dug themselves an impossible hole of bugs to dig themselves out of. Every patch, every change , EVERYTHING brings a new bug. People affected by health buffs, and especially reinforcements that have used their own health buffs seem to never ever be affected by any kind of CC ability. Also heavies in sentry mode seem to often be immune for some reason. If there are 2 units that CC should always work on, it'd wookies/death troopers in overload mode with their health buff on, and also a heavy in sentry mode. They are units that easily deal the most damage from a failed CC. Yet of course Dice have screwed that up completely like practically everything else in the game.

I've never seen a game this wrecked by bugs in my life. Basically all of them were all added even after the game came out!! These Devs should seriously feel a lot of shame for what they've created here in terms of bugs. They probably won't though because no one says it to their face in real life. Just a bunch of people online, and who ever takes randoms online that seriously? Not many people.
  • I thought that was a feature? 90% of the time I choke with Vader, they drop immediately. I try pressing the button over and over again, I try holding the button... nope. They still drop in half a second or so. He's acting like he's picking up a hot potato with his bare hands
  • moistboii
    517 posts Member
    edited November 8
    I thought that was a feature? 90% of the time I choke with Vader, they drop immediately. I try pressing the button over and over again, I try holding the button... nope. They still drop in half a second or so. He's acting like he's picking up a hot potato with his bare hands

Ik what you're talking about. You have to tap it very quickly. Try it in arcade and you'll see what I'm talking about. Tap the button and dont hold it. If you hold it down it will do what you just described. Personally I like the force choke for getting multikills and catching spam happy heroes. If you pick them up you're able to jump swing into them which is way more effective than just dropping them right away.
  • It moves the camera to wherever the game wants everytime I use it
  • It will cancel if you hold it or tap more than once. I learned that here a while back. I was in the habit of hitting the button several times since many of the abilities don't consistently fire with one press.
  • I thought that was a feature? 90% of the time I choke with Vader, they drop immediately. I try pressing the button over and over again, I try holding the button... nope. They still drop in half a second or so. He's acting like he's picking up a hot potato with his bare hands

You have to tap the button once for it to work
    Don't hold or tap repeatedly.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    It moves the camera to wherever the game wants everytime I use it

This too. Not everytime for me but the fact that it's happening is unacceptable.
  • I want to add that I am experienced with Vader so it isn't a problem with how I press the right bumper when it comes to enemies being dropped out of the force choke. It's an actual problem that needs to be fixed. Please look into this Dice.
  • I had a couple of strange occurrences last night.

One game on Kashyyyk, I had two troopers in my choke AOE, one was an ARC trooper, the other just an assault. The ARC trooper was picked up and took the damage, the Assault trooper took the damage but melted me from 950 health to about 280 while I was choking, with his CR2.

A match on the Death Star the other day, the start of the 2nd phase, where Rebels gather in that little room near the tractor beam controls, I had a good 6 or 7 in the AOE, and it affected ONE. I was dead by the end of it after having been full health.

So yes, there is something wrong with Vader’s choke :'(