criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Why do people have such a problem with boba?

Used him for the first time in a while and the results were fantastic.
First off his rockets arent trash, but they arent really necessary either. I only used them when there was a group of three or more.
I pride myself on being a good boba, not great, but pretty good. Its not easy to fly and aim and dodge and then activate for the hunt and fire concussion rockets and then rockets on console. Its a tough task, especially because i play aggressive with him.
My favorite part was the last phase of hoth. Only one odjective left and i was nowhere near it. But i guess i was ***** people off because 8, yes 8, players wouldnt stop following me and try to kill me. ***** me off at first (1vs8 will do that) but then felt complimented. Half the team was more worried about me then the objective.
People cant defend against him and call him OP. People cant use him and call him too weak. I just dont get why people have such a problem with him.

Replies

  • People have an issue with Boba because he can do things that no other hero can do.

    For example;

    No other hero (especially blaster hero) can recover from CC like he can. Boba can be pulled by Ani and no lose an of his max HP. No other hero can do that.

    Boba also has free positioning though his jetpack. No other hero can position as quickly, freely, or easily as Boba.

    These are geared towards HvV. In GA, he’s just okay; not bad, but not good, either.
  • You just described why people hate him. All eight of those people now hate Boba because of you thanks a lot. You should’ve just died LOOOL
  • You just described why people hate him. All eight of those people now hate Boba because of you thanks a lot. You should’ve just died LOOOL

    Haha good Bobas, thats the real problem. Just like good Finns. A rarity 'round these here parts
  • You just described why people hate him. All eight of those people now hate Boba because of you thanks a lot. You should’ve just died LOOOL

    Haha good Bobas, thats the real problem. Just like good Finns. A rarity 'round these here parts

    Lol a good finn 😂😂😂😂 no such thing
  • I guess a lot of it basically is Boba-Runners-related PTSD from the old HvV.

    I agree though that things like the mid-air recovery from Force abilities is bull, especially as long as other blaster heroes don't get to do the same. Mid air dodges are fine and make sense, though.

    The only thing i still hate about him is the fact that due to the Rocket Barrage nerf i am now never going to get his Triple Kill milestone :disappointed:
  • People have an issue with Boba because he can do things that no other hero can do.

    For example;

    No other hero (especially blaster hero) can recover from CC like he can. Boba can be pulled by Ani and no lose an of his max HP. No other hero can do that.

    Boba also has free positioning though his jetpack. No other hero can position as quickly, freely, or easily as Boba.

    These are geared towards HvV. In GA, he’s just okay; not bad, but not good, either.

    Very well outlined, I agree 100%. I think he is rather well designed apart from his in air recovery, it isn't costly at all, and their is basically no cool down for it. The mobility that he has in HvV is so unique that me and my friends normally just say "Boba is playing another game..."
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    People have an issue with Boba because he can do things that no other hero can do.

    For example;

    No other hero (especially blaster hero) can recover from CC like he can. Boba can be pulled by Ani and no lose an of his max HP. No other hero can do that.

    Boba also has free positioning though his jetpack. No other hero can position as quickly, freely, or easily as Boba.

    These are geared towards HvV. In GA, he’s just okay; not bad, but not good, either.

    Very well outlined, I agree 100%. I think he is rather well designed apart from his in air recovery, it isn't costly at all, and their is basically no cool down for it. The mobility that he has in HvV is so unique that me and my friends normally just say "Boba is playing another game..."

    Idk, i guess i have never had a problem with his air recovery. If he is close enough to pull, hit heroic might right after and damage him possibly get his fuel to empty. But of he recovers and flys away... then he isnt a problem for me. His gun isnt a sniper and doesnt do much from range.
    If its an aggressive boba, then he is easy to take out. If he is aggressive and i still cant kill him, and he is still close enough to do actual damage, then thats a good boba and he deserves those kills because it aint easy
  • I love Boba. Fighting him is fun because he's a skillful dark side character

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • If he is aggressive and i still cant kill him, and he is still close enough to do actual damage, then thats a good boba and he deserves those kills because it aint easy

    Exactly what I do. Boba doesn't have much room to mess up. It's a skill to stay just out of range of a saber.

    My favourite thing to do it ignore the saber chasing me and go after the blaster heroes, kill them, and then go back to the saber who was trying to hit me the whole time.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    That's why air recovery should be removed/reworked. Make Ani a legit threat to him again. Like I've said before I'd be ok with air recovery if it was manual and took a large amount of fuel.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    That's why air recovery should be removed/reworked. Make Ani a legit threat to him again. Like I've said before I'd be ok with air recovery if it was manual and took a large amount of fuel.

    That’s what I would like, as well.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    Some genius decided it was a good idea to give The Grieve two CC immune abilities, one that closes and one that creates :thumbs up:

    @Daddy_Darth Basically Joker summed up why you'll see most teams set up 4 "thaberlords" blocking on the light side. Boba and Palpatine, now The Grieve are the cause

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • SadderJoker
    872 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    Some genius decided it was a good idea to give The Grieve two CC immune abilities, one that closes and one that creates :thumbs up:

    @Daddy_Darth Basically Joker summed up why you'll see most teams set up 4 "thaberlords" blocking on the light side. Boba and Palpatine, now The Grieve are the cause

    CC immunity on two abilities with high damage and low cooldowns was not a good idea.
  • Flying around in a jet pack. If theres one thing I HATE about star wars games it's freakin jet packs
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    Some genius decided it was a good idea to give The Grieve two CC immune abilities, one that closes and one that creates :thumbs up:

    @Daddy_Darth Basically Joker summed up why you'll see most teams set up 4 "thaberlords" blocking on the light side. Boba and Palpatine, now The Grieve are the cause

    CC immunity on two abilities with high damage and low cooldowns was not a good idea.

    Your boy's barrage before that, and Vader's choke yeah

    I mean literally anyone can bully LS blasters in HvV

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • Flying around in a jet pack. If theres one thing I HATE about star wars games it's freakin jet packs

    Boba and jetpacks wouldn't be any issue if my Padme were in the game

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • Flying around in a jet pack. If theres one thing I HATE about star wars games it's freakin jet packs

    Boba and jetpacks wouldn't be any issue if my Padme were in the game

    Buzz Lightyear bro. We. Need. Buzz.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    Some genius decided it was a good idea to give The Grieve two CC immune abilities, one that closes and one that creates :thumbs up:

    @Daddy_Darth Basically Joker summed up why you'll see most teams set up 4 "thaberlords" blocking on the light side. Boba and Palpatine, now The Grieve are the cause

    CC immunity on two abilities with high damage and low cooldowns was not a good idea.

    Your boy's barrage before that, and Vader's choke yeah

    I mean literally anyone can bully LS blasters in HvV

    Lmao, you’re not wrong.
  • Flying around in a jet pack. If theres one thing I HATE about star wars games it's freakin jet packs

    Boba and jetpacks wouldn't be any issue if my Padme were in the game

    Buzz Lightyear bro. We. Need. Buzz.

    Padme's cape >> Buzz lightyears helmet

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • Flying around in a jet pack. If theres one thing I HATE about star wars games it's freakin jet packs

    Boba and jetpacks wouldn't be any issue if my Padme were in the game

    Buzz Lightyear bro. We. Need. Buzz.

    Padme's cape >> Buzz lightyears helmet

    Nah the cape would be to glitchy and OP
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.
  • Aimboters love him.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.

    Ok, no more replies after this because its redundant. You keep arguing the same thing. You made a point and i gave a counter point and then you went back to the same exact point. So i guess kylo and boba and vader and gg dont need to play any sort of defense in your situation? Youre describing the perfect situation for DS to dominate and giving no credit to a LS team that can play. Then your next argument is that i dont play 4v4? Sounds like you have nothin else to help your argument so you jump to "you dont even play 4v4" same thing as saying "you just play bad DS teams" its a lazy point that doesnt help your credibility
  • I think the hate comes from saber mains that are used to bullying blasters. Now Boba comes along and is all like, "yeah you wanna spam me? I'm just gonna fly away. Oh, force pull? I can still get away. Wanna Deathball against my team? Thanks for bunching up for my rocket barrage." Boba mixes it up like that.


  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.

    Ok, no more replies after this because its redundant. You keep arguing the same thing. You made a point and i gave a counter point and then you went back to the same exact point. So i guess kylo and boba and vader and gg dont need to play any sort of defense in your situation? Youre describing the perfect situation for DS to dominate and giving no credit to a LS team that can play. Then your next argument is that i dont play 4v4? Sounds like you have nothin else to help your argument so you jump to "you dont even play 4v4" same thing as saying "you just play bad DS teams" its a lazy point that doesnt help your credibility

    Like I said, it’s difficult to understand if you’ve never been in those environments/settings. It’s not an insult - there are very large differences to how 4v4’s play VS games with randoms. Without that experience, it’s hard to really grasp what I’m telling you.

    I’m trying to help you understand this, but you’re set on being difficult. Your best counter-points have been;

    - “I can roll Pull”
    - “LS can mash DS”

    I’ve tried to explain to you why this factors don’t matter, but you don’t listen. And that’s okay. I won’t try to explain this to you further because you won’t understand.

    Indeed, no more replies from you, please. This is becoming tedious.
  • Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.

    Ok, no more replies after this because its redundant. You keep arguing the same thing. You made a point and i gave a counter point and then you went back to the same exact point. So i guess kylo and boba and vader and gg dont need to play any sort of defense in your situation? Youre describing the perfect situation for DS to dominate and giving no credit to a LS team that can play. Then your next argument is that i dont play 4v4? Sounds like you have nothin else to help your argument so you jump to "you dont even play 4v4" same thing as saying "you just play bad DS teams" its a lazy point that doesnt help your credibility

    I think you are overthinking it, his real argument is that you cannot consistently "contest" Boba. He flies around the map and positions himself where he wants, he is also rather immune to CC and being knocked out of the air with In air recovery. It is rather easy to contest a LS blaster character, even if they are surrounded by 3 lightsaber heroes. Actually that just allows Boba to get more bang for his rocket barrage buck. The Kylo argument is secondary, its the inability to consistently "contest" or "pressure" Boba that is the issue. I would say the mobility of Palpatine and to a lesser degree Bossk put them on a different level that the very 1 dimensional LS blaster character, not Boba territory, but on certain maps Palpatine came be rather Boba like.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.

    Ok, no more replies after this because its redundant. You keep arguing the same thing. You made a point and i gave a counter point and then you went back to the same exact point. So i guess kylo and boba and vader and gg dont need to play any sort of defense in your situation? Youre describing the perfect situation for DS to dominate and giving no credit to a LS team that can play. Then your next argument is that i dont play 4v4? Sounds like you have nothin else to help your argument so you jump to "you dont even play 4v4" same thing as saying "you just play bad DS teams" its a lazy point that doesnt help your credibility

    I think you are overthinking it, his real argument is that you cannot consistently "contest" Boba. He flies around the map and positions himself where he wants, he is also rather immune to CC and being knocked out of the air with In air recovery. It is rather easy to contest a LS blaster character, even if they are surrounded by 3 lightsaber heroes. Actually that just allows Boba to get more bang for his rocket barrage buck. The Kylo argument is secondary, its the inability to consistently "contest" or "pressure" Boba that is the issue. I would say the mobility of Palpatine and to a lesser degree Bossk put them on a different level that the very 1 dimensional LS blaster character, not Boba territory, but on certain maps Palpatine came be rather Boba like.

    That's the problem. LS blaster heroes are defenseless in comparison to DS. They're mobility is laughable in comparison. Now if we had launch Chewy back, that's a different story. I think hed be very viable in today's BF2.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    Another thing about Boba, in HvV, is that his strength is largely a part of the meta.

    To put it lightly, LS blasters are not viable. Assuming no exploits are used and it’s within a mildly competitive lobby. DS sabers bully blasters too much for them too be viable.

    So, while blasters like Han or Chewie can mitigate Boba (they don’t counter him), they’re not viable, since they are free points. Because of this, Boba has been made completely free. There’s no hero on the map that can contest him. Recovery makes him immune to any CC, so he just pokes as he pleases.

    If a team does try to play a blaster hero, Vader, GG, and Kylo can just farm that hero, while Boba shoots him in the head. Doesn’t matter how good LS team is, the blaster will die.

    It’s unfortunate, really.

    I understand where youre coning from, i just dont agree. Why dont the LS saber stick by their blaster teammate? If the blaster hero is getting worked by DS sabers, why not have the LS sabers swing at them? Stalemate, now the blast has room to to mess with boba.

    Have you ever played any sort of 4v4 arranged games? It’s easiest to understand these interactions if you’ve been in this environments.

    To sum it up, LS can’t peel that well for blasters, since DS has the superior CC.

    If my Kylo pulls the Han, I can then shoot the Han in the face as Boba while he stands up. If will survive with probably 150 HP by the time he has recovered, then it’s an easy finish. If any of the sabers come to try and help, they get CC’d; Kylo freezes them, Vader Chokes then, they get stuck in Aura, etc.

    Let’s say my GG dives the Han. He’ll go at him with Claw Rush, then pop UA. I will be shooting the Han the whole time. The Han will not be able to contest me, since he’s so focused on the GG and trying to roll away. His team can not CC GG away due to immunity (thanks, DICE), nor can they damage him due to mitigation. They can try to back slash him during UA, but then it’s the same situation; they open themselves up to Pull, Freeze, Electrocute, etc.

    “Just swing at them” doesn’t work. Your whole team will get CC’d, and then frame trapped.

    DS does not suffer this problem since Boba cannot be pressured like Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn can.

    You keep describing scenarios that benefit your argument. Kylos pull is dodgeable, i know the timing for rolls so thats not a problem. Keep beating a dead horse with your rational. It also sounds like a premade vs randoms. I agree, the DS is easier to use and implement, but there is a counter.

    Find me a blaster player that dodges Pull 100% of the time without fail. It’s incredibly hard to always dodge Pull when Power Reach can yeet from across the map.

    Trying to contest a Boba that’s flying around while being ready to dodge Pull, is pretty close to impossible, especially once the Boba starts playing angles. Hard to see the Pull coming when Boba is behind you taking peak shots. Do you stay aware to the Kylo, or try to chip the Boba - you can’t do both. It’s an interesting dynamic.

    Alas, it doesn’t sound like you’ve played any sort of 4v4, so these scenarios will difficult for you to understand. In random lobbies where players don’t know what their doing, none of what I’m saying matters. But, it doesn’t make much sense to balance a game around players like that.

    Ok, no more replies after this because its redundant. You keep arguing the same thing. You made a point and i gave a counter point and then you went back to the same exact point. So i guess kylo and boba and vader and gg dont need to play any sort of defense in your situation? Youre describing the perfect situation for DS to dominate and giving no credit to a LS team that can play. Then your next argument is that i dont play 4v4? Sounds like you have nothin else to help your argument so you jump to "you dont even play 4v4" same thing as saying "you just play bad DS teams" its a lazy point that doesnt help your credibility

    I think you are overthinking it, his real argument is that you cannot consistently "contest" Boba. He flies around the map and positions himself where he wants, he is also rather immune to CC and being knocked out of the air with In air recovery. It is rather easy to contest a LS blaster character, even if they are surrounded by 3 lightsaber heroes. Actually that just allows Boba to get more bang for his rocket barrage buck. The Kylo argument is secondary, its the inability to consistently "contest" or "pressure" Boba that is the issue. I would say the mobility of Palpatine and to a lesser degree Bossk put them on a different level that the very 1 dimensional LS blaster character, not Boba territory, but on certain maps Palpatine came be rather Boba like.

    That's the problem. LS blaster heroes are defenseless in comparison to DS. They're mobility is laughable in comparison. Now if we had launch Chewy back, that's a different story. I think hed be very viable in today's BF2.

    Oh I completely agree, and I am getting to the point where when playing with randoms I would rather we just have 4 light saber heroes on the LS because at least we are all equally mobile, equally able to defend ourselves, etc... Double mind trick is very powerful, as is the force push/pull rag dolling, but it still doesn't really deter a good Boba on an open map. I do play Chewie a lot, if my team is able to stay alive long enough I can normally do really well with him. With the recent update that allows you to still use abilities while being attacked by lightsabers and refunds your ability if it was canceled by another ability has really helped make blaster character in general more self sufficient and consistent, but LS blaster characters still have no mobility...
  • @yoda901 sums it up well.

    Kylo is secondary and only a gear in the system of why LS blasters are not viable within HvV. Because of this, Boba goes uncontested and is free.

    I got caught up on other points, rather than sticking to the fundamental issue.

    Good summary.
  • From my point of view, the issue is that Boba used to be incredibly OP. Boba mains liked this because of how easy it was for them to stomp on opponents. Others were either indifferent or hated it with a passion. So, DICE nerfed him and made him significantly weaker compared to the state he was in before. Now his rockets don't kill heroes if you land all of them on one, but he is able to recover in the air. His air recovery used to be a lot quicker after the first nerfing, if I remember correctly. They must've slowed it down. His concussion rocket also doesn't work properly or at all, so it's essentially a useless ability. So, now people want him buffed after they asked for a nerf.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

    du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • polarition wrote: »
    From my point of view, the issue is that Boba used to be incredibly OP. Boba mains liked this because of how easy it was for them to stomp on opponents. Others were either indifferent or hated it with a passion. So, DICE nerfed him and made him significantly weaker compared to the state he was in before. Now his rockets don't kill heroes if you land all of them on one, but he is able to recover in the air. His air recovery used to be a lot quicker after the first nerfing, if I remember correctly. They must've slowed it down. His concussion rocket also doesn't work properly or at all, so it's essentially a useless ability. So, now people want him buffed after they asked for a nerf.

    I cannot speak for GA/CS but in HvV Boba is still top tier after the nerf and in the hands of a skillful player he is still the best blaster character in that mode. I have noticed his concussion rocket is a little wonky. If people are asking for Boba buffs then they need to buff ALL of the LS blaster characters lol, starting with Leia.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    From my point of view, the issue is that Boba used to be incredibly OP. Boba mains liked this because of how easy it was for them to stomp on opponents. Others were either indifferent or hated it with a passion. So, DICE nerfed him and made him significantly weaker compared to the state he was in before. Now his rockets don't kill heroes if you land all of them on one, but he is able to recover in the air. His air recovery used to be a lot quicker after the first nerfing, if I remember correctly. They must've slowed it down. His concussion rocket also doesn't work properly or at all, so it's essentially a useless ability. So, now people want him buffed after they asked for a nerf.

    I cannot speak for GA/CS but in HvV Boba is still top tier after the nerf and in the hands of a skillful player he is still the best blaster character in that mode. I have noticed his concussion rocket is a little wonky. If people are asking for Boba buffs then they need to buff ALL of the LS blaster characters lol, starting with Leia.

    They need to start the buffing with Leia's flash grenade. I actually played Boba this morning in a HVV match and got 1st. I don't personally think he's bad in the right hands. If someone as mediocre of a shot while flying through the air as me can do it, someone with plenty of experience can do better. I was just reciting some of the complaints I've read over the past couple months.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

    du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • My issue with Boba is that he doesn’t feel like an awesome bounty hunter, he feels more like an annoying fly. It’s certainly true that good Boba’s can dominate, but he just feels weird to me.

    On ground he’s barely better than a standard trooper, which shouldn’t be the case. Also feels weird how a two handed carbine rifle is so ineffective even at medium range.

    I would suggest reverting the jetpack style to launch so combat feels less erratic. His concussion rocket also needs a major buff because at the moment the officer has a grenade that has the same effect but better.
Sign In or Register to comment.