criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

I hate bossk so much

Prev1
I find him to be one of the cheesiest heroes in the game. Drop mines & let them go on cooldown have someone blow them up & immediately drop more mines for 760 damage total. This reptile is so reliant on his abilities it's honestly sad. Take han for example a hero who has a good blaster with his abilities just helping him. Bossk can get solo'd by a clone jet trooper his blaster is so bad. If his abilities are on cooldown he's honestly one of the worst heroes.

Would it be so hard to give bossk his blaster from 2015. While at the same time nerfing his mines. His mines should never go on cooldown until all of them blow up. He should be given the option to blow his mines up if he wants them to go on cooldown like hans detonite charge.

Replies

• *laughs in snake*
  • OcDoc
    2004 posts Member
    Title is a little stronger than how I feel but I agree with the request to improve his primary weapon and nerf his mines to compensate.

I like his Predator Instincts and dioxis where it is though.
  • He’s not nearly as cheesy as saber heroes, he dies in like two hits anyway

Cheese is still cheese. Trying to justify cheese by saying x is cheese is stupid
  • Most force users rely on their force powers to cheese other players. Bossk's amount of 'cheese' is nothing compared to force user and their sabers.

They should just leave Bossk alone. He fits into his own little niche and locks it down.

See above comment.

No he's a trash hero lowkey blaster only event showed me this when he has to rely on his blaster he's trash
  • Completely agree OP. I hate how characters in this game often rely more on their cheesy abilities than their blasters. Han is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to hero design in this game.
  • He’s better in large modes but he’s pretty much a free kill in HvV
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Completely agree OP. I hate how characters in this game often rely more on their cheesy abilities than their blasters. Han is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to hero design in this game.

I agree with you on one thing, Han is pretty much the gold standard.

As for the cheesy abilities, that's just how this game is designed at the core. That is also why Leia is considered one of the weaker characters. Great gun, two garbage abilites.
  • Okay, saber heroes abilities shouldn't cooldown if they're blocking or attacking. That sound like a fair trade off?

• For all the salt that Finn evokes around here, I’ve found it particularly interesting that no one ever complains about Bossk. He is the dark side Finn, and is equally as “user friendly.”

That said, I like them both the way they are. I’m tired of the endless cycle of nerfs and buffs and of having to relearn to use heroes every month that I’ve been playing for two years.

Leave Bossk be.
  • I wish I could play Bossk without having to rely on abilities. That would be so lovely.
  • Bossk is so unbalanced he doesn't even need his blaster to be good. All he needs to do is repeatedly cycle through all his abilities.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Bossk is so unbalanced he doesn't even need his blaster to be good. All he needs to do is repeatedly cycle through all his abilities.
    Again, it’s not nearly as bad as every saber hero is. I’d they can just spam the trigger to kill bossk, I see no reason why bossk can’t press a few buttons to kill them.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Most force users rely on their force powers to cheese other players. Bossk's amount of 'cheese' is nothing compared to force user and their sabers.

They should just leave Bossk alone. He fits into his own little niche and locks it down.

See above comment.

No he's a trash hero lowkey blaster only event showed me this when he has to rely on his blaster he's trash

Ummm... no.

Sounds like you haven't figured out how to deal with Bossk yet, so you call him cheesy to try and justify it.

As for his blaster, it's a weapon that puts an emphasis on accuracy. Deadly if you're a good shot. You wanna buff that? Please and thank you! I'll refer to Bossk's jump that many were complaining about. They changed it, and made him better! Careful what you ask for...

As he stands, he's a character that will punish thirsty glow stick players that just want an easy blaster kill. On the flip side, if the Bossk player makes a mistake, he's dead meat. Besides, It's not like you can't see the mines on the ground. Stop and play with a strategy instead of just rushing in to slice and dice.

I think Bossk has been one of the most well rounded villains since launch. The big change they made to him only made him more elusive. Just my opinion.

Nah I know how to deal with him. I just think he's cheese. His weapon puts an emphasis on accuracy lmao. You must be talking about han. I ain't really trying to type to much but see above comments.
  • For all the salt that Finn evokes around here, I’ve found it particularly interesting that no one ever complains about Bossk. He is the dark side Finn, and is equally as “user friendly.”

That said, I like them both the way they are. I’m tired of the endless cycle of nerfs and buffs and of having to relearn to use heroes every month that I’ve been playing for two years.

Leave Bossk be.

Yes. Leave him be.

Any attempt to 'rebalance' Bossk will only result in either a pathetically nerfed version or a more powerful version.

Leave Bossk be.

Yes. Leave him be.

Any attempt to 'rebalance' Bossk will only result in either a pathetically nerfed version or a more powerful version.

Nah. Blaster buff and the above mentioned cooldown change to his mines are justified. Putting down mines back to back is cheese.
    Bossk is so unbalanced he doesn't even need his blaster to be good. All he needs to do is repeatedly cycle through all his abilities.
    Again, it’s not nearly as bad as every saber hero is. I’d they can just spam the trigger to kill bossk, I see no reason why bossk can’t press a few buttons to kill them.

Bossk's mines will only take out an already weakened hero. Sabers and/or blasters can easily take out a full health Bossk.

Should they change Bossk to rely on his blaster instead of his abilities? Should they make him like everyone else? Really? Should all heroes be the same? In my opinion, no. Different playstyles are good.

Bossk's mines will only take out an already weakened hero. Sabers and/or blasters can easily take out a full health Bossk.

Should they change Bossk to rely on his blaster instead of his abilities? Should they make him like everyone else? Really? Should all heroes be the same? In my opinion, no. Different playstyles are good.

Back to back mines will annihilate a full health saber hero. Every good Bossk does this. And as far as blaster heroes, Bossk is harder to shoot than anyone else in game besides Yoda. He can sit back and snipe and if anyone gets close he can wreck them with back to back mines(720 damage) and easily finish with Predator. Ani is his best counter.
  • ToadHallMayhem
    913 posts Member
    edited November 9
    It takes a few seconds for mines to activate. So the Jedi has to be far enough back.

If they are right on your tail--I think Bossk has a tail--the Jedi will run right through the mines before they activate.

But either way back to back mines is not a major problem. If you have at least 800 health you can tank them--Anakin, Yoda or someone else with a damage reduction. Which happens often.

Unless you are already damaged.
  • I think he's balanced now. Nerfed jump really hurts his ability to run away from everything, and I'm sure his health regen is a lot slower than it used to be.

If anything, maybe put markers on his mines so enemies can see them. The trip mine is the most obvious thing in the world, whereas I've never spotted Bossk mines before walking onto them. OTOH the devs have much higher priorities than nerfing Bossk, such as returning the stinger pistol to where it was and adding new trooper blasters and cards

Same people that agreed are the same people that say anakin should be like everyone else & have 3 abilities.

Same people that agreed are the same people that say anakin should be like everyone else & have 3 abilities.
    And those people are the ones who have brains

See above comment.

Ummm... no.

Sounds like you haven't figured out how to deal with Bossk yet, so you call him cheesy to try and justify it.

As for his blaster, it's a weapon that puts an emphasis on accuracy. Deadly if you're a good shot. You wanna buff that? Please and thank you! I'll refer to Bossk's jump that many were complaining about. They changed it, and made him better! Careful what you ask for...

As he stands, he's a character that will punish thirsty glow stick players that just want an easy blaster kill. On the flip side, if the Bossk player makes a mistake, he's dead meat. Besides, It's not like you can't see the mines on the ground. Stop and play with a strategy instead of just rushing in to slice and dice.

I think Bossk has been one of the most well rounded villains since launch. The big change they made to him only made him more elusive. Just my opinion.

Nah I know how to deal with him. I just think he's cheese. His weapon puts an emphasis on accuracy lmao. You must be talking about han. I ain't really trying to type to much but see above comments.

Yes, sharpshot is a move that is high reward if you're a good shot. That's an ability. Rest of the time, Han has arguably the best blaster in the game. (as he should)

The DL-44 as Han's default is way better than Bossk's Relby V-10 at default. So accuracy is at more of a premium for Bossk players.

And those people are the ones who have brains

Lol no. You're saying bossk should have a different playstyle & should be different then I mention anakin & its blade blahs. Clearly no brains
  • Dice should give Bossk a center dot for aiming like Han. That'd be really nice.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • Mottflyer wrote: »
    Dice should give Bossk a center dot for aiming like Han. That'd be really nice.

Yeah his reticle is terrible. Hip fire damage buff as well.

Having a different playstyle is not the same as having an extra ability. You can not equate the two.

Having a different playstyle is not the same as having an extra ability. You can not equate the two.

Different playstyle. He plays different cause he has a extra ability lol
  • MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Obi Wan's RMT is a hard counter to Bossk.

Anakin, Yoda, and Finn can all tank his damage. Luke can dash through his mines. Heck, even Leia's shield bounces his micro-grenades. You can simply jump over his micro grenades if you're a force user. Catch him off guard with a shooter like Han, and you can melt him in two seconds.

He doesn't need a nerf just because you think he's annoying.

Proceeds to bunny hop. Finn can't tank anything what are you on? Yoda also can not tank anything seeing as how he only gets 850 he'll still lose health & drop them again & you have 760 health taken away. Leia?? Who plays her & dioxis & walking into her shield is still an option. Anakin needs heroic might just to tank & won't have it available at all times. You do know you can say that about anyone right. Catch vader off guard & you'll melt him in two seconds.

He does but if you read what I wrote I suggested more buffs than anything
  • Dubi1Oakachobi
    199 posts Member
    edited November 9
    MikeDog5k wrote: »

Anakin, Yoda, and Finn can all tank his damage. Luke can dash through his mines. Heck, even Leia's shield bounces his micro-grenades. You can simply jump over his micro grenades if you're a force user. Catch him off guard with a shooter like Han, and you can melt him in two seconds.

Yup. Every character has a counter. Just because one gives you trouble, doesn't mean they need nerfed or changed.

(RMT is a hard counter to every blaster villian, including Palpatine)

Proceeds to bunny hop. Finn can't tank anything what are you on? Yoda also can not tank anything seeing as how he only gets 850 he'll still lose health & drop them again & you have 760 health taken away. Leia?? Who plays her & dioxis & walking into her shield is still an option. Anakin needs heroic might just to tank & won't have it available at all times. You do know you can say that about anyone right. Catch vader off guard & you'll melt him in two seconds.

Thanks for this post. From it I can see you don't quite understand the conversation and are just making stuff up.

For Finn, if you calculate in his damage reductions, he can survive two sets of mines. However, who as Finn would be chasing down Bossk in order to get hit by two sets of mines?? Finn uses deadeye from a distance to deal with Bossk.

Anakin 800 health without extra from card.

Yoda has presense. Any damage taken comes from the extra first. He doesn't just die when presence ends. Also one can run his damage reduction card.

Just so you know tank means take the hit and still survive. But you get some of it back when you take out Bossk.

He can still be unique without craptribution, no other hero has the specific set of Pull, HM, and a block breaker

Yup. Every character has a counter. Just because one gives you trouble, doesn't mean they need nerfed or changed.

(RMT is a hard counter to every blaster villian, including Palpatine)

To palpatine lmao not a good one

He can still be unique without craptribution, no other hero has the specific set of Pull, HM, and a block breaker

Nah. He couldn't & you're reaching. Anakin& luke are an exact copy of each other. 2 knockdowns with a retribution being the only thing that differentiate them. Passionate strike is not a block breaker

Nah. He couldn't & you're reaching. Anakin& luke are an exact copy of each other. 2 knockdowns with a retribution being the only thing that differentiate them. Passionate strike is not a block breaker
    Definitely not chosen_1 btw 🙄

You're annoying bro 😒 I'm just refuting what he said. Good god how old are you you still in high school?
  • Dubi1Oakachobi
    199 posts Member
    edited November 9
    ^ lol I was thinking that about you

Thanks for this post. From it I can see you don't quite understand the conversation and are just making stuff up.

For Finn, if you calculate in his damage reductions, he can survive two sets of mines. However, who as Finn would be chasing down Bossk in order to get hit by two sets of mines?? Finn uses deadeye from a distance to deal with Bossk.

Yoda has presense. Any damage taken comes from the extra first. He doesn't just die when presence ends. Also one can run his damage reduction card.

Just so you know tank means take the hit and still survive. But you get some of it back when you take out Bossk.

Thanks for this you let me know you dont know what you talking about. Finn no longer has damage reduction. Bossk uses cover. It was super effective. Anakin still gets 760 health wipe out. Yoda is the same way. His damage reduction card that's 7 percent lol please stop you making me giggle.

You don't say.

Thanks for this you let me know you dont know what you talking about. Finn no longer has damage reduction. Bossk uses cover. It was super effective. Anakin still gets 760 health wipe out. Yoda is the same way. His damage reduction card that's 7 percent lol please stop you making me giggle.

You don't say.

Finn has two different damage reductions. His new one is 36%. Also it is still unsure if the big deal is a glitch or was on purpose.

It is not being said that the heroes won't take damage, just that they have enough to survive. Then they take out Bossk.

But really just quit walking into the mines. It is not too many that get hit by two sets of mines.

You're annoying bro 😒 I'm just refuting what he said. Good god how old are you you still in high school?
    Even a toddler could point out who you really are, you’re not slick at all. Try harder on your next account

You don't say.

Finn has two different damage reductions. His new one is 36%. Also it is still unsure if the big deal is a glitch or was on purpose.

It is not being said that the heroes won't take damage, just that they have enough to survive. Then they take out Bossk.

But really just quit walking into the mines. It is not too many that get hit by two sets of mines.

They do when I play bossk
  • This'll turn into a nerf thread..

The complaining continues....

giphy.gif

• This'll turn into a nerf thread..

The complaining continues....

It’s already a nerf thread, but it’s fair.

Most have agreed that mines should not go on cooldown while they are still down. Then, to compensate (and remove his reliance on abilities) buff his blaster.

It’s a reasonable nerf with a massive buff.

Yeah people just overlooked that huge buff. Relby from 2015, let him blow up all his mines on command & in return he loses his ability to drop mines back to back. Turning him into a hero who doesn't have to have his abilities up at all times to win a fight.