criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Hear Me Out.... Wicket as a Hero?

polarition
104 posts Member
edited November 9
What do you think? He doesn't have a saber and he doesn't have a blaster. He's cute, he's courageous, and he's definitely a prominent enough Star Wars character.

I was thinking he could act more as a stealth hero rather than primarily an offensive or defensive character. His abilities could be geared more towards helping from the shadows like how the ewoks in EH might operate. Of course, he wouldn't have the same abilities (although I would argue that keeping the wisties would be fun). He could have some abilities like:

Battle Growl
When activated, Wicket disarms all weapons in the area for a short period of time (3 seconds max.) Saber heroes lightsabers are shut off and are unusable for this time duration.

Advanced Wisties
Not only would this pouch disorient its victim and invoke damage over time, but it also scrambles enemy radars for a short duration allowing for Wicket to disappear and seek out his next prey from the shadows.

Apex Predator
When activated, Wicket has increased an increase in mobility allowing him to catch an enemy at a far distance in little time. Enemies are also highlighted for a short duration.

And, my favorite (but this one shouldn't really be taken all that seriously. I just thought it might be funny):

Distraction
If Wicket stumbles across any enemy in a ground vehicle, Wicket may hijack it for 5 seconds before it self-destructs.

Wicket would only have a 650 base health with some health bonuses granted through Star Cards, but nothing giving him a health equivalent to a heavy hitting hero (this is to accommodate his small size and easier target when in the open).

His main weapon would be his spear inflicting around 16 damage per strike but does possess a secondary weapon: a sling shot dealing 20 damage but acts as Iden's secondary meaning it has a time delay before being able to use it again and has a short build-up time for Wicket to draw the pouch in the slingshot.

Of course his stats and abilities would need tweaking for balancing and effective gameplaying purposes. I would love to hear any suggestions, tips, issues, etc. you have about the idea.
01zqtiocbcmy.png

Replies

• 4mpe1m3cslm8.gif
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    4mpe1m3cslm8.gif

Literally laughed out loud. Still funny.
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    4mpe1m3cslm8.gif

Just look at that damage. Just think of what it could do if it made contact with another player, lol.
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • hmuo8zbbawlz.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Revan72 wrote: »
    4mpe1m3cslm8.gif

Just look at that damage. Just think of what it could do if it made contact with another player, lol.

yhijyy6j4*****2.jpg
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Revan72 wrote: »
    4mpe1m3cslm8.gif

yhijyy6j4*****2.jpg

He'd be the cutest hero
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • I rolled my eyes when I saw the thread title. But after reading the post I kinda like the idea.
    What do you think? He doesn't have a saber and he doesn't have a blaster. He's cute, he's courageous, and he's definitely a prominent enough Star Wars character.

I was thinking he could act more as a stealth hero rather than primarily an offensive or defensive character. His abilities could be geared more towards helping from the shadows like how the ewoks in EH might operate. Of course, he wouldn't have the same abilities (although I would argue that keeping the wisties would be fun). He could have some abilities like:

Battle Growl
    When activated, Wicket disarms all weapons in the area for a short period of time (3 seconds max.) Saber heroes lightsabers are shut off and are unusable for this time duration.

Advanced Wisties
    Not only would this pouch disorient its victim and invoke damage over time, but it also scrambles enemy radars for a short duration allowing for Wicket to disappear and seek out his next prey from the shadows.

Apex Predator
    When activated, Wicket has increased an increase in mobility allowing him to catch an enemy at a far distance in little time. Enemies are also highlighted for a short duration.

And, my favorite (but this one shouldn't really be taken all that seriously. I just thought it might be funny):

Distraction
    If Wicket stumbles across any enemy in a ground vehicle, Wicket may hijack it for 5 seconds before it self-destructs.

Wicket would only have a 650 base health with some health bonuses granted through Star Cards, but nothing giving him a health equivalent to a heavy hitting hero (this is to accommodate his small size and easier target when in the open).

His main weapon would be his spear inflicting around 16 damage per strike but does possess a secondary weapon: a sling shot dealing 20 damage but acts as Iden's secondary meaning it has a time delay before being able to use it again and has a short build-up time for Wicket to draw the pouch in the slingshot.

Of course his stats and abilities would need tweaking for balancing and effective gameplaying purposes. I would love to hear any suggestions, tips, issues, etc. you have about the idea.

What do you think about this ability
    Hide Wicket becomes invisible for 8,9,12,15 seconds, movement speed is halved. Effect ends if wicket attacks, or uses an ability .
    I think it would have good synergy with Advanced Wisties

• Maybe have certain Ewok heros in Ewok Hunt like Wicket or the chief.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Maybe have certain Ewok heros in Ewok Hunt like Wicket or the chief.

I thought about that, but then it wouldn't really be fair to the stormtroopers. And then if you add heroes for the stormtroopers then it just becomes like any other mode.
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • I always pretend I'm him on ewok hunt. One of the ewoks looks pretty close. Also check out Caravan of Courage, one of, if not the best star wars film
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I always pretend I'm him on ewok hunt. One of the ewoks looks pretty close. Also check out Caravan of Courage, one of, if not the best star wars film

Haha, I've never heard of this film. I'll definitely have to watch it at some point.
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • polarition wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I always pretend I'm him on ewok hunt. One of the ewoks looks pretty close. Also check out Caravan of Courage, one of, if not the best star wars film

Haha, I've never heard of this film. I'll definitely have to watch it at some point.

It's from 1985 I believe. Has a sequel of it's own also. More for kids but still one of the first "expansions" if you will, of our beloved star wars
    mastery0ta wrote: »

It's from 1985 I believe. Has a sequel of it's own also. More for kids but still one of the first "expansions" if you will, of our beloved star wars

I was born in the late 90's, so when it came out I wasn't really aware such a thing existed, lol. It's no wonder I've gone all this time without knowing it was a film.
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • rathoras
    40 posts Member
    edited November 10
    Id agree but only if we can have a sith lord jar jar binks villain to counter wickets power.

m31ym6upibgu.png

The only way to keep balance.

• rathoras wrote: »
    Id agree but only if we can have a sith lord jar jar binks villain to counter wickets power.

m31ym6upibgu.png

What kind of abilities are we talking about, here that Jar Jar possesses?
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • It's bad enough having Yoda running around, another hard to hit hero would be too annoying
    rathoras wrote: »

m31ym6upibgu.png

The dark side of the force leads to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural
  • It's bad enough having Yoda running around, another hard to hit hero would be too annoying
    rathoras wrote: »

m31ym6upibgu.png

The dark side of the force leads to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural

I think it'd be hilarious
    01zqtiocbcmy.png
  • At least have him as a reinforcement on endor. So cute. Original cute. Stomp on those porgs, chewing up the falcons wiring harness and seats? Dirty rodents
    At least have him as a reinforcement on endor. So cute. Original cute. Stomp on those porgs, chewing up the falcons wiring harness and seats? Dirty rodents

Lol imagine seeing him drive by you on a speeder
    01zqtiocbcmy.png