criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Palpatine needs a nerf.

Replies

• StarLillie
    365 posts Member
    edited January 13
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Do not fear their feeble complaints, my fellow mains. Nothing will stop the decimation of the BUTTON MASHERS!

Nahh. He also destroys Blasters and turtling sabers aswell. He destroys everything and every one tbh. He Aldine is not the real problem. He in combinat with Vador grievous etc is the real problem.
    He doesn't destroy Han. Lando and Finn need some range, because they're slow and clumsy with their abilities, but it's their fault not Palpatine strength and Leia and Chewbacca are bad in general

He does. Especially when there are Vador etc eunning around. He is a tremendous advantage for the DS in HvV.
    This happend more then 4 times to me:
    I destroy their saber hero. The user immediately switches to Palpatine.

Don’t forget: most people don’t play private 4vs4‘s where han etc are protected! Palpatine is much less annoying when my team knows what it is doing. But 90% of the players base plays random HvV.
    So who is actually a bigger problem? Darth Vader or Darth Sidious?

The Vader Palps combo can be devastating, especially if Palps zapps everybody while Vader chokes them. Then a lightning stun, more zappy zappy, saber throw, and the team is dead.

I have pulled this off before with a Vader before. It's terrifyingly powerful if you can pull it off.
    Excellent. Now that we agre, the only thing left is to rename this thread "Vader needs a nerf"

Vader is fine.
    Palpatine is annoying af. An hvv with Palpatine becomes the Palpatine show. Yes a team can counter IF your random team understands this, and do you want every match to become a counter Palpatine one? I sure don't, I like balance and he is definitely not without ONE solid LS counter. ATM it takes more than just Finn/Han, or just Anakin/Luke.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    Do not fear their feeble complaints, my fellow mains. Nothing will stop the decimation of the BUTTON MASHERS!

Nahh. He also destroys Blasters and turtling sabers aswell. He destroys everything and every one tbh. He Aldine is not the real problem. He in combinat with Vador grievous etc is the real problem.
    He doesn't destroy Han. Lando and Finn need some range, because they're slow and clumsy with their abilities, but it's their fault not Palpatine strength and Leia and Chewbacca are bad in general

He does. Especially when there are Vador etc eunning around. He is a tremendous advantage for the DS in HvV.

Don’t forget: most people don’t play private 4vs4‘s where han etc are protected! Palpatine is much less annoying when my team knows what it is doing. But 90% of the players base plays random HvV.

The Vader Palps combo can be devastating, especially if Palps zapps everybody while Vader chokes them. Then a lightning stun, more zappy zappy, saber throw, and the team is dead.

I have pulled this off before with a Vader before. It's terrifyingly powerful if you can pull it off.
    Excellent. Now that we agre, the only thing left is to rename this thread "Vader needs a nerf"

Vader is fine.
    Palpatine is annoying af. An hvv with Palpatine becomes the Palpatine show. Yes a team can counter IF your random team understands this, and do you want every match to become a counter Palpatine one? I sure don't, I like balance and he is definitely not without ONE solid LS counter. ATM it takes more than just Finn/Han, or just Anakin/Luke.

mhm Vader is still a tank though and could be nerfed as well...
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member

I am the person that constantly asks for Vador nerfs intros forum so yes yes yes.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

No.
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member

No.

Both need a nerf tbh

No.

yes.
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member

No.

yes.

Both need a nerf tbh. Also minimally buff ani obi rey yoda and minimally nerf Luke’s swingspeed in exchange for some other minimal buffs.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

If he's becoming an issue have a good player go Luke or especially Anakin to counter him. Additionally if your team works together and you can protect him, Finn can essentially shut Palpatine down entirely for the duration of Dead-eye. He will get absolutely destroyed if he can't get to cover even then he's looking at a loss of a few hundred health points

Finn's dead-eye is nothign special and ends quickly. Palpatine has dead-eye all the time and is 10 tiems better than finn, especialy when dealing with sabers on his own.

Palpatine is IMO even more game breaking than Vader let alone Grievous. He shouldn't have bonus damage from behind, he shouldn't break block with CL - he can destroy Jedi's stamina quickly and has Dark aura which not only deals damage through block but also makes everyone around disabled for a lack of better word ;d

Blaster heroes can destroy him but he can easily escape and on his own - he's 10 times better than all those blaster heroes. And they require much more skill - they need to aim and they have pathetic dodge in comparison to him.

He can deal damage from distance, he has autoaim, he has bonus damage from behind (which is ridiculous considering he doesn't have to get close like saber heroes), he can attack while dodging, he can slown you down, make you useless (dark aura bug), his stamina is superior with a card, he can use chain lighting every 10 seconds with a card, he has THE BEST dodge in a game...

he's too dangerous to be kept alive!
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »

If he's becoming an issue have a good player go Luke or especially Anakin to counter him. Additionally if your team works together and you can protect him, Finn can essentially shut Palpatine down entirely for the duration of Dead-eye. He will get absolutely destroyed if he can't get to cover even then he's looking at a loss of a few hundred health points

Finn's dead-eye is nothign special and ends quickly. Palpatine has dead-eye all the time and is 10 tiems better than finn, especialy when dealing with sabers on his own.

Palpatine is IMO even more game breaking than Vader let alone Grievous. He shouldn't have bonus damage from behind, he shouldn't break block with CL - he can destroy Jedi's stamina quickly and has Dark aura which not only deals damage through block but also makes everyone around disabled for a lack of better word ;d

Blaster heroes can destroy him but he can easily escape and on his own - he's 10 times better than all those blaster heroes. And they require much more skill - they need to aim and they have pathetic dodge in comparison to him.

He can deal damage from distance, he has autoaim, he has bonus damage from behind (which is ridiculous considering he doesn't have to get close like saber heroes), he can attack while dodging, he can slown you down, make you useless (dark aura bug), his stamina is superior with a card, he can use chain lighting every 10 seconds with a card, he has THE BEST dodge in a game...

he's too dangerous to be kept alive!

Word
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    I see my second reply has been locked to "approval"

bf1636ee02b21510b8f3a17fbae01675.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• btw I would also like them to nerf saber tracking, so it's not like I'm one of those guys who wants saber heroes to dominate and get easy kills.

People say Jedi/Sith are cheesy due to game rewarding button smashing and while that's true, Palpatine happens to be cheese king who requires HOLDING buttons instead. You can do well with him by holding autoaim button, and if you learn how to dodge properly - which do not require a lot of practice - you'll be at the top most of the time both in HVV and GA.

No.

yes.

Both need a nerf tbh. Also minimally buff ani obi rey yoda and minimally nerf Luke’s swingspeed in exchange for some other minimal buffs.

Definitely agree LS needs some love. But I don't think nerfing Vader is necessary, he is were he should be. Palpatine is broken, there isn't any legit argument against that fact that makes any sense for the reality of matchmaking in this game.
  • He has no block, average health, low dmg and has to be close to his enemies. Obviously character like him needs a strong mobility and ability to harm multiple enemies in front of him. You can ask for a rework, but not for a nerf.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

He is fine in GA and you literally can not argue with that. HvV might be a different story because it's easy to abuse shooters with DS sabers Palpatine rarely gets shot

He is absolutely powerful in GA(great for breaking choke points). Especially his hero killing bugs need to be addressed.

He is more of a problem in random lobbies because of the lack of team work. If the LS had a counter this wouldn’t be so much of a problem. But as of now he needs a nerf in HvV.
    It is beyond easy to counter him as Republic or Resistance with the new reinforcements. I agree that it may be frustrating when you're the only one draining him, while your teammates just feed him without landing a hit, but it's the same for every hero. In HvV the only villians who 100% need a nerf is Vader and Grievous

Vader and Grievous are not a problem in HvV (and I don't play as either of them ever)
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    He is fine in GA and you literally can not argue with that. HvV might be a different story because it's easy to abuse shooters with DS sabers Palpatine rarely gets shot

He is absolutely powerful in GA(great for breaking choke points). Especially his hero killing bugs need to be addressed.

He is more of a problem in random lobbies because of the lack of team work. If the LS had a counter this wouldn’t be so much of a problem. But as of now he needs a nerf in HvV.
    It is beyond easy to counter him as Republic or Resistance with the new reinforcements. I agree that it may be frustrating when you're the only one draining him, while your teammates just feed him without landing a hit, but it's the same for every hero. In HvV the only villians who 100% need a nerf is Vader and Grievous

Vader and Grievous are not a problem in HvV (and I don't play as either of them ever)

Play them and see how good they are.
  • He has no block, average health, low dmg and has to be close to his enemies. Obviously character like him needs a strong mobility and ability to harm multiple enemies in front of him. You can ask for a rework, but not for a nerf.

Lowering his lock-on is something that the majority seem to agree with.

That, along with increasing his dash cooldown are the only nerfs I would support. The rest is big fixes. As you’ve stated, he’s not hard to mitigate in GA with how many answers there are to him. And in HvV, he’s left uncontested due to LS blasters being meh.

I have no problem beating them so not sure what I'm missing here

Playing against them tells much more than playing them lol.
    You can't nerf palpatine, vader and gg, come on now. Why the ds hate?
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member

I have no problem beating them so not sure what I'm missing here

Then see how much better you are with them:) I slept in Vador for along time.
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    StarLillie wrote: »

Playing against them tells much more than playing them lol.
    You can't nerf palpatine, vader and gg, come on now. Why the ds hate?

Only if the LS stays like it is.

That, along with increasing his dash cooldown are the only nerfs I would support. The rest is big fixes. As you’ve stated, he’s not hard to mitigate in GA with how many answers there are to him. And in HvV, he’s left uncontested due to LS blasters being meh.

I think this would be a good nerf for him. He's essentially a blaster hero that doesn't have to aim on top of dealing much more damage. He's also much more elusive and has 700 base health, which is more than any other blaster hero aside from Phasma I believe. Easily the most powerful Hero in the game with Anakin being in second by a decent margin.
  • Always hot and cold on these Nerfs and buffs, Palps definitely can be OP but he’s definitely able to be beaten my only problem with Palps is Dark Aurua causing the slow running and movement glitch.

Just Buff Leia For me that’s all I want because as I said before BF15 Leia>
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24

Ok, the lock on can be very slightly nerfed, but I'd keep the dashes as they are

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

No.

yes.

buffing ani??? Yoda and Rey?! Please hell no. I am okay with obi getting a buff but Yoda, Ani and Rey are totally fine
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member

No.

yes.

buffing ani??? Yoda and Rey?! Please hell no. I am okay with obi getting a buff but Yoda, Ani and Rey are totally fine

Yes, but only hvv
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

Palpatine's playstyle thrives on chaos he requires the enemy team to be split up and for his team to distract the enemy to unleash his full potential

If you keep in control of the situation the Palpatine will have a very difficult fight to beat you

Random HvV is the most chaotic thing in the game thought. That’s the issue.

tumblr_ozb6u4b9o11vymbt8o1_400.gifv

You must learn to embrace the chaos of HVV and in so doing bring order and organization to your team. You can't blame a character for thriving in an environment created by the game's players, Palpatine is not fault for succeeding at his job. It is the playerbase's fault for continuing to repeat mistakes, have poor teamwork, and demand changes to the game so they never have to make changes to their own playstyle (Not you btw, none of this is at you at all)

Believe me I know how frustrating and annoying HVV matchmaking can be but nerfing yet more characters isn't going to solve the root issue

Rather it will only further reduce the amount of characters available to play and ultimately make the meta even more ridgid

Edit: Ah my second reply post has finally gotten out of approval! :)
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Do you want the Light Side to win every match?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

You must learn to embrace the chaos of HVV and in so doing bring order and organization to your team. You can't blame a character for thriving in an environment created by the game's players, Palpatine is not fault for succeeding at his job. It is the playerbase's fault for continuing to repeat mistakes, have poor teamwork, and demand changes to the game so they never have to make changes to their own playstyle (Not you btw, none of this is at you at all)

Believe me I know how frustrating and annoying HVV matchmaking can be but nerfing yet more characters isn't going to solve the root issue

Rather it will only further reduce the amount of characters available to play and ultimately make the meta even more ridgid
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Do you want the Light Side to win every match?

Depends on the mode.

LS should never lose GA because of Finn, Ani, Yoda (when he works), and their reinforcements, so some mild Palp nerfs (lock on) wouldn’t change this. Palp is good in GA, but he’s pretty easy to bully in a good lobby.

DS would still bully LS in HvV, even if Palp was completely removed.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Palpatine mains defending him on Battlefront forum:
    3m0nms.jpg

Palpatine mains in game:
    3m0n7u.jpg

Players with max Palpatines have the most experience with him, therefore they should dictate nerfs and buffs

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Palpatine wouldn't need a nerf if obiwan didnt get touched
  • Well besides lightning while dashing
  • Just made a forum post on palpatine if anyone’s curious heres the link
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152663/palpatine-dark-aura-permanent-immobilization#latest
  • palpatine is fine. if anything he should be able to take down vehicles and starfighters while sitting on the toilet.
  • Yep palpatine is broken op. If you disagree you're obviously a palp main lol
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • "Anakin, I told you it would come to this. I was right. The nerfs are taking ova!"wzn303uynj1r.jpg

I'm not a Palpatine main and I think he's fine

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

But you like palpatine a lot lol

But you like palpatine a lot lol

Damn, I guess I am a Palpatine main

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I played a few hvv rounds using palpatine today, it was ridiculously easy and I didn't have to aim at all.
    Took matches from 24-10 to an easy win.
    All powerful was fun, once. Then it was just sad, zero effort required...
    He definitely does need fixing. Maybe nerf is too strong a word, he should be powerful, and not an easy kill. But just a fix.

Ok, the lock on can be very slightly nerfed, but I'd keep the dashes as they are

I agree with most of what you are saying - it's the lightside blasters that needs survivability (and mobility and less clunkiness), not really the dark side needing nerfs. And yes Vader and Grievous are a bit too powered, but saber smashers will never let them be nerfed - and really I think addressing the light side is the way to go here.

With Palpatine, the dashes need to be there or else he will get decimated the second he is knocked down.

The changes that got him to this state where people are complaining happened after they got rid of his stagger and increased his lightning stamina/duration - along with this came two bugs: that he can shoot lightning while dodging, and his chain lighting breaking block - it also seems there is increased frequency of the dark aura slow bug. Before this he was a little on the weak side - I think once they deal with the bugs he will be fine.
  • If I can get 20,000 +plus points playing him in HvV without going full tryhard something is wrong.

Reduce Lightning Lockon. Thats it
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    If I can get 20,000 +plus points playing him in HvV without going full tryhard something is wrong.

This needs to be done. I would also delete lightning while dashing, chain lightning breaking block and a small range nerf or shooting while jumping nerf.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    He has no block, average health, low dmg and has to be close to his enemies. Obviously character like him needs a strong mobility and ability to harm multiple enemies in front of him. You can ask for a rework, but not for a nerf.

I agree with most of what you are saying - it's the lightside blasters that needs survivability (and mobility and less clunkiness), not really the dark side needing nerfs. And yes Vader and Grievous are a bit too powered, but saber smashers will never let them be nerfed - and really I think addressing the light side is the way to go here.

With Palpatine, the dashes need to be there or else he will get decimated the second he is knocked down.

The changes that got him to this state where people are complaining happened after they got rid of his stagger and increased his lightning stamina/duration - along with this came two bugs: that he can shoot lightning while dodging, and his chain lighting breaking block - it also seems there is increased frequency of the dark aura slow bug. Before this he was a little on the weak side - I think once they deal with the bugs he will be fine.

He could actually use lightning during dodge since launch

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

tumblr_ozb6u4b9o11vymbt8o1_400.gifv

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

He has no block, average health, low dmg and has to be close to his enemies. Obviously character like him needs a strong mobility and ability to harm multiple enemies in front of him. You can ask for a rework, but not for a nerf.

No he couldn't
  • NomiSunstrider
    3589 posts Member
    edited January 14
    If I can get 20,000 +plus points playing him in HvV without going full tryhard something is wrong.

Lightning lock on is specifically designed for casual players. Its the aim assist feature. Imagine the casual Palpatine players how much would struggle to even hit a target with his basic lightning. This game is designed for casuals, and nothing can change DICE's stance on that since 90% of playerbase are casuals.
    And its not just the lock on on Palpatine, its the CC immunity and stupid DR mechanics for some abilities that its only purpose is to make players feel strong with little effort.
    Same goes for saber tracking, insane lunges etc. Its those things that break the game most, the casual game mechanics.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

This needs to be done. I would also delete lightning while dashing, chain lightning breaking block and a small range nerf or shooting while jumping nerf.

Chain Lightning breaking block is a bug, correct? I also seem to usually get damaged through my block with full stamina (probably 80% of matches) by his regular lightning attacks!?

If both of these things are bugs, then he could be fixed by the devs just fixing what’s broken... not necessarily nerfing him.

Yes I agree. He still has relatively low DPS and can't hit headshots and I personally like the lightning during dodges. He also sometimes has a big delay after chain lightning before he can use his regular lightning again which is pretty annoying.