criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Star Wars The Mandalorian discussion thread

Replies

• The ending of the episode when the Mandalorian is forced to take the child with him, away from the village is so sad because the child is happy there but he had to move so he can stay safe

• Episode 4 was a nice play on The 7 Samurai by Akria Kurosawa. I wonder how much influence GL had with that episode considering he is a big fan of Akria Kurosawa’s films. Some great films by AK and I’d highly recommend them for those unfamiliar with his work. Great story telling and great characters.
    Disney is nailing it with The Mandolorian.
  • Julian_Fett
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Love the show, aesthetically it’s nice to have a smaller scale type story being told in live action, the Mandalorians costume is on point (especially when he gets the full suit) and the old west type feel for the story is right up my ally. Mando ain’t no Jango or Boba, but he’s working his way up into being a terrific character in the Star Wars Mythos.

Also did anybody else get huge Willow vibes in Episode 4? Loved that tbh
    Post edited by Julian_Fett on
  • lowell
    1933 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The trip to Tatooine was mostly a detour but it did show that not just bounty hunters are after the Mandalorian and the Child. I wouldn't be surprised if Fennec Shand was meeting with Moff Gideon because they want the Child and that's him at the end of the episode coming to her corpse. I'm guessing the Remnant on Nevarro that's run by the Client is headed by Gideon. Despite not spending a lot of time with all of the guest stars in this series, they were all extremely well cast for the roles they portrayed.

Lots of good callback to Tatooine in the PT and OT films. Guessing droids fought back against Wuher and took over the cantina or Wuher just decided to welcome them now. Toro Calican's reminding me of Jodo Kast in a way but he also didn't fully learn his lesson: don't change your mind immediately despite what anyone tells you. He was still going to be part of the Guild if he brought in Shand anyway.

Peli and the pit droids were awesome and did you know the tower operator is voiced by Steve Blum, the voice of Zeb from Rebels?
  • I wonder what happened to the Cantina Band
  • The person at the end of Episode 5 is Boba Fett. Change my mind
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Why is everyone putting stuff in spoiler tags?
    isnt it kind of implied that this thread will have spoilers?
    PSN: this_old_mouse

True

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

As of this writing the show is only available in North America, so i and presumably the other forum members don’t want to spoil the show for the people who haven’t seen the show yet
  • The person at the end of Episode 5 is Boba Fett. Change my mind
    He’s dead though. Cobb Vanth acquired his armor from the Jawas in the Aftermath trilogy. If anyone, it could be Vanth.

• Chapter 6 talk
    anyone else find that purple alien super weird. Don’t like her
  • Guessing the main story that most people are wanting will be contained in the last 2 episodes. But this episode wasn't too bad.

The elements of the New Republic coming into this show is interesting. Despite the demilitarization that happened post-Jakku, it is still the strongest military in the galaxy until the rise of the FO later down the road.

I guess this expands on the last episode with a further lesson: Despite making allies and colleagues, always be in mind of your trust in them.

The Twi'lek female is actually portrayed by the actress who played Remus Lupin's wife in Harry Potter. It's interesting that she and the Mandalorian had a past, similar to the Lawquanes in TCW and Kanan/Hera in Rebels.

Now the thing with her brother was the twist, the Mandalorian was not told he would be breaking him out of the prison so that whole ambush was a surprise but he got them back Vader-style except killing them.

The way the Mandalorian used the tracking beacon was just pretty cool at the end when Dave Filoni and the 2 other directors on the show, came packing with X-Wing firepower on Ran's station. Trapper Wolf, this name is going to go down in history.

And wow, Burg the Devaronian is portrayed by the voice of Savage Oppress, Ryder Azadi from Rebels, Surtur from Thor: Ragnarok and Mr. Krabs and Darvan, by Anakin from TCW and Rebels himself, Matt Lanter.

All the nods and cameos in this episode were just awesome. This is the way!!
  • Chapter 6 talk
    My first thought was Harley Quinn
    Plus the others name is qin
  • Chapter 6 talk

That’s a good comparison.
    just feel like she tried TOO hard 😂😂
  • bfloo
    16605 posts Member
    Chapter 6 talk

I was thinking Bellatrix Lestrange.

Good episode overall
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell wrote: »
    Guessing the main story that most people are wanting will be contained in the last 2 episodes. But this episode wasn't too bad.

The elements of the New Republic coming into this show is interesting. Despite the demilitarization that happened post-Jakku, it is still the strongest military in the galaxy until the rise of the FO later down the road.

I guess this expands on the last episode with a further lesson: Despite making allies and colleagues, always be in mind of your trust in them.

The Twi'lek female is actually portrayed by the actress who played Remus Lupin's wife in Harry Potter. It's interesting that she and the Mandalorian had a past, similar to the Lawquanes in TCW and Kanan/Hera in Rebels.

Now the thing with her brother was the twist, the Mandalorian was not told he would be breaking him out of the prison so that whole ambush was a surprise but he got them back Vader-style except killing them.

The way the Mandalorian used the tracking beacon was just pretty cool at the end when Dave Filoni and the 2 other directors on the show, came packing with X-Wing firepower on Ran's station. Trapper Wolf, this name is going to go down in history.

And wow, Burg the Devaronian is portrayed by the voice of Savage Oppress, Ryder Azadi from Rebels, Surtur from Thor: Ragnarok and Mr. Krabs and Darvan, by Anakin from TCW and Rebels himself, Matt Lanter.

All the nods and cameos in this episode were just awesome. This is the way!!

I still love the episode
    I didn’t even catch Anakin voice actor the first time then once I saw your comment I had to go back and listen 😂😂. That’s sweet! I did love the episode tho, just didn’t like the Alien girl. Love Savage voice actor getting some time too, and Filoni in the x wing was hilarious
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Chapter 6 talk

I was thinking Bellatrix Lestrange.

Good episode overall
    You’re right, expecially with the knife
  • I hate Zero. Because he tried to kill The Child. Glad that The Mandalorian destroyed him
  • I really liked chapter 1 and 2, thought chapter 3 was amazing, chapter 4 was good but not quite the same, chapter 5 I really liked, and then chapter 6. Ughhh, where did they go wrong with chapter 6? Well, the story was good, I liked that they included the new republic, I liked the imperial guy, and of course the mandalorian was awsome and baby yoda was adorable. The purple twilek girl and the big red guy where bad, not sure why there was so much over acting there, I get they wanted her to seem like a psycho but she over did it, maybe it wasn't her fault, maybe the script called for her to do that but it was way over the top, licking her teeth, doing little maniac laughs and screeches, and her overall body language was just bad, reminds me of someone that can't act trying to seem like they are mentally insane, the whole knife thing I didn't like but it wouldn't have mattered as much had she not acted so bad. The big red dude just seemed too stupid and strong for my liking. Honestly I really liked the imperial guy, I thought his character was actually really well done. Why where there swears like that in this? Did they forget this was star wars? I don't think they have ever sworn like that, I personally wasn't a fan of it, the ending I mean, when the fat dude says it, it just wasn't needed and made it seem amateur. I did love how the mandalorian handled it though, with the droids and then once he broke out he was super smart about it. I LOVED the part where he shoots the droid in his ship and baby yoda looks at his hand like "did I do that?". I did like that filoni got to be a pilot, that was funny. Is this the episode that Rian Johnson directed? Because that would explain it. Overall it had some good moments but the purple girl and the red dude ruined it for me, kinda took me out of it.
  • I really liked chapter 1 and 2, thought chapter 3 was amazing, chapter 4 was good but not quite the same, chapter 5 I really liked, and then chapter 6. Ughhh, where did they go wrong with chapter 6? Well, the story was good, I liked that they included the new republic, I liked the imperial guy, and of course the mandalorian was awsome and baby yoda was adorable. The purple twilek girl and the big red guy where bad, not sure why there was so much over acting there, I get they wanted her to seem like a psycho but she over did it, maybe it wasn't her fault, maybe the script called for her to do that but it was way over the top, licking her teeth, doing little maniac laughs and screeches, and her overall body language was just bad, reminds me of someone that can't act trying to seem like they are mentally insane, the whole knife thing I didn't like but it wouldn't have mattered as much had she not acted so bad. The big red dude just seemed too stupid and strong for my liking. Honestly I really liked the imperial guy, I thought his character was actually really well done. Why where there swears like that in this? Did they forget this was star wars? I don't think they have ever sworn like that, I personally wasn't a fan of it, the ending I mean, when the fat dude says it, it just wasn't needed and made it seem amateur. I did love how the mandalorian handled it though, with the droids and then once he broke out he was super smart about it. I LOVED the part where he shoots the droid in his ship and baby yoda looks at his hand like "did I do that?". I did like that filoni got to be a pilot, that was funny. Is this the episode that Rian Johnson directed? Because that would explain it. Overall it had some good moments but the purple girl and the red dude ruined it for me, kinda took me out of it.
    Well actually there were swear words in ESB and TFA, not for sure about any other one's, but i know those two have swear words, but i have too say i did not expect it. I think the ghost from rebels is also mentioned earlier in the chapter, the old friend guy of the Mandalorian says that the Mandalorians ship the razor crest is no ghost..... but i would have to watch it again to get exactly what he says.

• Grievous15 wrote: »
    I really liked chapter 1 and 2, thought chapter 3 was amazing, chapter 4 was good but not quite the same, chapter 5 I really liked, and then chapter 6. Ughhh, where did they go wrong with chapter 6? Well, the story was good, I liked that they included the new republic, I liked the imperial guy, and of course the mandalorian was awsome and baby yoda was adorable. The purple twilek girl and the big red guy where bad, not sure why there was so much over acting there, I get they wanted her to seem like a psycho but she over did it, maybe it wasn't her fault, maybe the script called for her to do that but it was way over the top, licking her teeth, doing little maniac laughs and screeches, and her overall body language was just bad, reminds me of someone that can't act trying to seem like they are mentally insane, the whole knife thing I didn't like but it wouldn't have mattered as much had she not acted so bad. The big red dude just seemed too stupid and strong for my liking. Honestly I really liked the imperial guy, I thought his character was actually really well done. Why where there swears like that in this? Did they forget this was star wars? I don't think they have ever sworn like that, I personally wasn't a fan of it, the ending I mean, when the fat dude says it, it just wasn't needed and made it seem amateur. I did love how the mandalorian handled it though, with the droids and then once he broke out he was super smart about it. I LOVED the part where he shoots the droid in his ship and baby yoda looks at his hand like "did I do that?". I did like that filoni got to be a pilot, that was funny. Is this the episode that Rian Johnson directed? Because that would explain it. Overall it had some good moments but the purple girl and the red dude ruined it for me, kinda took me out of it.
    Well actually there were swear words in ESB and TFA, not for sure about any other one's, but i know those two have swear words, but i have too say i did not expect it. I think the ghost from rebels is also mentioned earlier in the chapter, the old friend guy of the Mandalorian says that the Mandalorians ship the razor crest is no ghost..... but i would have to watch it again to get exactly what he says.

I don't mind swears, it was just the way they used the one at the end that made it seem amateur and not so star wars, I can't say what they where on the forums, the first one was fine, but the one they used at the end is what I didn't like personally, reminded me of something in marvel or something, not star wars. Most action movies have swears and I dont mind them but like I said, it just made it seem amateur to me.
  • “Are those X-wings?”
  • 9ztfjpakolbz.jpg

Awesome

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I’ve been enjoying the show so far, but I wouldn’t watch if it weren’t set in Star Wars realm. I think it would’ve been a flop as a stand alone show. It feels like each episode is filler.
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

Everyone can get into the Mando's gun blaster cabinet... Which concerns me.

The male and female Twi'lek in the sixth episode are both missing their respective ear appendages. Why? Is that portrayal a family-specific thing, or is this the way, when it comes to all Twi'leks now? Maybe they both have a hereditary condition... Or matching removed limbs from a gang related punishment...?

While most of the characters in Mando:E6 were a bit stereotypical, I did enjoy each of them, along with the whole episode in full. Big Red Hulk was my #1 favorite, naturally. (Q9-Zero was a close 2nd.)

I thought it was so cool that a lot of the actors were people who aren't usually seen on screen - in their lines of work.

Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

The male and female Twi'lek in the sixth episode are both missing their respective ear appendages. Why? Is that portrayal a family-specific thing, or is this the way, when it comes to all Twi'leks now? Maybe they both have a hereditary condition... Or matching removed limbs from a gang related punishment...?

While most of the characters in Mando:E6 were a bit stereotypical, I did enjoy each of them, along with the whole episode in full. Big Red Hulk was my #1 favorite, naturally. (Q9-Zero was a close 2nd.)

I thought it was so cool that a lot of the actors were people who aren't usually seen on screen - in their lines of work.

I liked the characters as well. Was funn to see what mando did to each.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

Poor Burg got his horns clipped... But maybe they'll grow back? The Mando and him sure put up a hell of a fight. I suppose getting a horncut and tossed in the clink is better than having a hole blasted through your primary circuits.
    Droids have it the worst, you know. It's no wonder Zero was considering taking that bounty for himself. Droids supposedly get paid something akin to 0.10 in contrast to the 1.00 organics would make. Mando probably hates droids because of his flashbacks/past. An Imperial droid was the first thing he saw after being tucked away underground, afterall... Mando's probably emotionally scarred by them, so I can't hold his droidism against him.

On a different note: I can't wait to see who the character at the end of E5 was. It couldn't have been Greef Carga the fabric behind his boots would be too long. Boba was given the sound effects of spurs to his steps and that mysterious person had a similar ring to their boots. The idea of that being 'Bobes is pleasant... But improbable.
    Wknuto!
  • I liked Ch.6! But I was always remembered to Suicide Squad....
  • lowell
    1933 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Wow, while some of the previous episodes seemed to look like filler or standalone as everyone thought, it basically came together in this one.

I definitely think Moff Gideon eventually just started to pick up the Mandalorian's and the Child's tail right in Episode 5 (where we saw Fennec Shand's body) and prepared for both sending more hunters and raising the entire Remnant forces onto Nevarro.

The Child is basically reminding me of Anakin in some way when he used Force-choke on Cara Dune. We'll never know what this guy is capable of with the Force so it might be wise not to test his strength. On the other hand, he's also able to Force-heal people so we probably got the only TROS tie-in in the series in this episode.

Wondered if those creatures (I want to call them unofficially the "pterodactyls of Star Wars") were sent to attack by Gideon himself.

20 credits for a Beskar helmet, this is just too funny, what kind of Imperial trooper are you if you didn't learn about Beskar when it was in your organization's hands during its time of power?

Yeah, I wasn't surprised the Client was Gideon's henchman so it was likely he would be used as a good death trap for the Mandalorian.

Wow, they actually touch on the Mandalorian civil war that happened in Rebels Season 4, I wonder if this is something we'll see later in Season 2 or did the conflict actually ended already on Mandalore?

Six death troopers and an entire company of troopers came out (actual 501st Legion organization members, by the way)? The Remnant was prepared for war once the Mandalorian blew up the headquarters.

Imperial troop transport's first appearance in live-action? I want this to come to the game as part of a Rebels or the Mandalorian content drop next year. If SA will get new content, please throw in Gideon's TIE fighter, it would probably be awesome to use it in the game.

Kuiil almost got to the Razor Crest but can't believe the fact that those scout troopers were so swift and accurate as much as they are that he got eliminated. Wonder if the Guild had any mole that sold out the info of Karga's plans for the Mandalorian to come back to Gideon.

Can't wait for the season finale and can't believe I'll be seeing it before I see TROS in theaters before the year ends.

TROS sneak peek was cool, got me hyped despite what's been leaked and social media's reactions are so far.

These were the best words to come out of Kuiil before he died:

"None will be free until the old ways are gone forever."

It feels like it could be applicable in most places for certain things that need change over time.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Chapter 7 was going to be my favorite episode but when I saw the last shot before the credits.... yeah. I will admit to crying slightly. For once I’m mad scout troopers are so accurate with their aim. I have spoken. RIP Kuill.
  • WOW I loved this episode!! With all the force powers we saw from baby yoda it really got you thinking how far he’ll advance in this season and next, it was amazing to see that!! He’s really formed attachment and the force choke kinda foreshadows some dark side tendencies 😈. Loved seeing the storm/scout/ and death troopers (if that’s what they were) and it sucked to see that guy die. Favorite episode so far hands down
  • WOW I loved this episode!! With all the force powers we saw from baby yoda it really got you thinking how far he’ll advance in this season and next, it was amazing to see that!! He’s really formed attachment and the force choke kinda foreshadows some dark side tendencies 😈. Loved seeing the storm/scout/ and death troopers (if that’s what they were) and it sucked to see that guy die. Favorite episode so far hands down
    Same! I loved the episode. I loved how Baby Yoda used more force powers. It was amazing. I can't believe the one dude died. So sad. I hate how it ended. I must know what happenssss

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Vac tubes! Moving on.

Poor Burg got his horns clipped... But maybe they'll grow back? The Mando and him sure put up a hell of a fight. I suppose getting a horncut and tossed in the clink is better than having a hole blasted through your primary circuits.
    Droids have it the worst, you know. It's no wonder Zero was considering taking that bounty for himself. Droids supposedly get paid something akin to 0.10 in contrast to the 1.00 organics would make. Mando probably hates droids because of his flashbacks/past. An Imperial droid was the first thing he saw after being tucked away underground, afterall... Mando's probably emotionally scarred by them, so I can't hold his droidism against him.

On a different note: I can't wait to see who the character at the end of E5 was. It couldn't have been Greef Carga the fabric behind his boots would be too long. Boba was given the sound effects of spurs to his steps and that mysterious person had a similar ring to their boots. The idea of that being 'Bobes is pleasant... But improbable.
    I think when he was tucked away under ground that was during the clone wars. He hates droids because of the CIS. The thing he saw was a B2 Super Battle droid.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• This show is excellent. It's funny because the TV shows have carried me through the sequel trilogy. Mandalorian will carry me through whatever I think of Rise of Skywalker, with Clone Wars Season 7 on the horizon. Rebels carried me through TFA (fan fiction) and TLJ.

It can truly be argued that TV is where Star Wars is at it's best. They can branch stories out and dive deeper into the material, and if you don't like an episode, there's plenty more that you might like instead.
  • ImAGr8Panda
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Wow. Can't believe they left it at such a cliff hanger. When the Mandalorian got the request/mission I was like "He needs Cara Doon!" and he actually went for her, I really like that baby yoda did the force choke, showing he wants to protect his dad and that he is so powerful, the episode was definitely the best so far, tbh the shot of Kuiil dead and the scout trooper picking baby yoda up made me super emotional, I found a new hatred for scout troopers.(at least I found it before 3D printing the scout trooper helmet) I need to know what happens, I want to see those scout troopers die along with the other imps. I did laugh at the 20 credits offer though, I am excited for when mando grapples on to the tie fighter(from the trailer). I will be sad when this series ends, hoping there will be a season 2.
  • This show is excellent. It's funny because the TV shows have carried me through the sequel trilogy. Mandalorian will carry me through whatever I think of Rise of Skywalker, with Clone Wars Season 7 on the horizon. Rebels carried me through TFA (fan fiction) and TLJ.

It can truly be argued that TV is where Star Wars is at it's best. They can branch stories out and dive deeper into the material, and if you don't like an episode, there's plenty more that you might like instead.

Yeah I think the Offshoot stuff like Mandalorian, Rogue One and Solo have been better than the actual Sequal Trilogy. Can't wait for the Obi Wan show too
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

I think when he was tucked away under ground that was during the Clone Wars. He hates droids because of the CIS. The thing he saw was a B2 Super Battle droid.
    Hmm. For some reason, I thought the events in the Mando's flashbacks were related to the show's heavy focus on the Empire ruining Mandalore. Which would make the Mando just as invested in the destruction of Mandalore as the others.
    It didn't occur to me that his flashbacks could be serving a different purpose to define him by.
    I understand other elements, such as his Razor Crest ship, are Pre-Empire. But I hadn't considered that he was too. I only just started to clue in that the Mandalorian might be fairly old when Ranzar Malk came into play. But even then, Ran could have been older than the Mando when they were working together in previous years...
    Although, we do see a Kaminoan emblem being worn on Doctor Pershing, during a time that isn't the Clone Wars. Is it too far-fetched to think that the Empire utilized leftover assets and droids from the previous wars?
    Both sides in the Clone Wars were puppeteered by Palpatine. And he was head of the Empire, so would Palpy have cared about which forces he used to cause destruction? Especially if Mandalore was attacked sometime after the Clone Wars, but before the Empire // during it's initial creation...
    As the end of the show draws closer, I reflect on the Mando's previous actions and realize he probably wasn't all that honorable in his life, but he seems to want to be now.
    Wknuto!
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

I think when he was tucked away under ground that was during the Clone Wars. He hates droids because of the CIS. The thing he saw was a B2 Super Battle droid.
    Hmm. For some reason, I thought the events in the Mando's flashbacks were related to the show's heavy focus on the Empire ruining Mandalore. Which would make the Mando just as invested in the destruction of Mandalore as the others.
    It didn't occur to me that his flashbacks could be serving a different purpose to define him by.
    I understand other elements, such as his Razor Crest ship, are Pre-Empire. But I hadn't considered that he was too. I only just started to clue in that the Mandalorian might be fairly old when Ranzar Malk came into play. But even then, Ran could have been older than the Mando when they were working together in previous years...
    Although, we do see a Kaminoan emblem being worn on Doctor Pershing, during a time that isn't the Clone Wars. Is it too far-fetched to think that the Empire utilized leftover assets and droids from the previous wars?
    Both sides in the Clone Wars were puppeteered by Palpatine. And he was head of the Empire, so would Palpy have cared about which forces he used to cause destruction? Especially if Mandalore was attacked sometime after the Clone Wars, but before the Empire // during it's initial creation...
    As the end of the show draws closer, I reflect on the Mando's previous actions and realize he probably wasn't all that honorable in his life, but he seems to want to be now.
    I had been wondering if someone else could have gotten ahold of a large number of droids and used them, I didn't really watch rebels but I believe there was an episode where they found droids in a shut down base or something.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    This show is excellent. It's funny because the TV shows have carried me through the sequel trilogy. Mandalorian will carry me through whatever I think of Rise of Skywalker, with Clone Wars Season 7 on the horizon. Rebels carried me through TFA (fan fiction) and TLJ.

Yeah I think the Offshoot stuff like Mandalorian, Rogue One and Solo have been better than the actual Sequal Trilogy. Can't wait for the Obi Wan show too

I agree, I have really hated ST. The mandalorian, solo and rogue one are way better.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    This show is excellent. It's funny because the TV shows have carried me through the sequel trilogy. Mandalorian will carry me through whatever I think of Rise of Skywalker, with Clone Wars Season 7 on the horizon. Rebels carried me through TFA (fan fiction) and TLJ.

TCW Season 7 is also coming along in February. There's also likely a post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series in development that could be announced once Resistance ends in January.

Star Wars, whether its live-action or animation or any other medium, still has more stories to tell for the future of the canon. The end of the ST is just the beginning of what's to come.
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    I had been wondering if someone else could have gotten ahold of a large number of droids and used them, I didn't really watch rebels but I believe there was an episode where they found droids in a shut down base or something.
    (Not including the comics,)
    In the mainstream animated Clone Wars show a character named Jaybo on the planet Lego had reprogrammed a number of seemingly abandoned 'Sepi droids of different models.

In the Lego Freemaker Adventures & LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars, the old B1 battle droid 'Roger' was salvaged from an abandoned Droid Control ship on Ord Tellarom. If not for the Zillo lurking the local area where those droids were left, all those clankers probably would have been more widely retrieved by salvagers at some point.

And as you said, there was an episode of Rebels that dealt with droids. On the planet Agamar, the individual Super Tactical Droid named 'Kalani' stationed in a position of command was suspicious of the Shutdown Command (given after the time of order 66) and prevented deactivation for the droids stationed there (along with himself). Ezra goes on to point out that neither side during the Clone Wars won, considering the Droids were shutdown, the Jedi were wiped out, and the Clones were decommissioned. It seems as though it's implied that standard procedure for the Empire was to destroy remaining battle droids if they happened upon them...
    - - - -
    Hm. Thinking on it more, it doesn't seem likely that droids were used in addition to Imperial forces when Mandalore was seized. . . . I'm used to the idea that the Empire ruled for a longer time. (A lot longer.) Perhaps the Mandalorian being shown as a child during the Clone Wars is simply to redefine to the audience that the Empire in present canon doesn't last very long after the Clone Wars took place. DX I hate how long it took me to come to this conclusion.

Wknuto!
    (Not including the comics,)
    In the mainstream animated Clone Wars show a character named Jaybo on the planet Lego had reprogrammed a number of seemingly abandoned 'Sepi droids of different models.

In the Lego Freemaker Adventures & LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars, the old B1 battle droid 'Roger' was salvaged from an abandoned Droid Control ship on Ord Tellarom. If not for the Zillo lurking the local area where those droids were left, all those clankers probably would have been more widely retrieved by salvagers at some point.

And as you said, there was an episode of Rebels that dealt with droids. On the planet Agamar, the individual Super Tactical Droid named 'Kalani' stationed in a position of command was suspicious of the Shutdown Command (given after the time of order 66) and prevented deactivation for the droids stationed there (along with himself). Ezra goes on to point out that neither side during the Clone Wars won, considering the Droids were shutdown, the Jedi were wiped out, and the Clones were decommissioned. It seems as though it's implied that standard procedure for the Empire was to destroy remaining battle droids if they happened upon them...
    - - - -
    Hm. Thinking on it more, it doesn't seem likely that droids were used in addition to Imperial forces when Mandalore was seized. . . . I'm used to the idea that the Empire ruled for a longer time. (A lot longer.) Perhaps the Mandalorian being shown as a child during the Clone Wars is simply to redefine to the audience that the Empire in present canon doesn't last very long after the Clone Wars took place. DX I hate how long it took me to come to this conclusion.

Ya I had remembered the kid reprogramming them but thought that it didn't really matter since that was the clone wars and there where plenty around, and in this case they wouldn't really need to be reprogrammed because they are just killing anyways. Are we sure that is Mandalore? In the mandalorian he says they took him in. I'm just saying what's coming to my head so it might not make sense.
  • so was the character with the spurs that main villain? Or are we still in the dark for that?!
    Vac tubes! Moving on.

Actually if you watch the Rebels show it shows the start of the war between Mandalore and the Empire, in which all the Mandalorian clans come together at the end of that episode and riot against the Empire.
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Ya, I had remembered the kid reprogramming them but thought that it didn't really matter since that was the Clone Wars and there were plenty around, and in this case they wouldn't really need to be reprogrammed because they are just killing anyways. Are we sure that is Mandalore? In the mandalorian he says they took him in. I'm just saying what's coming to my head so it might not make sense.
    You're making sense.
    My examples were to highlight that it was possible for droids to be commandeered. Not strictly in the Clone Wars. But the Rebels episode reminded me the Empire had a shoot on sight policy going on with the droids, which I'd previously forgotten.
    Some of the architecture from the flashbacks reminds me more of Naboo, personally.
    However, the cellar door's handle bar structure especially has resemblance to lighting structure cut-outs as seen on Sundari - the capital city of Mandalore.
    There were shrub like silhouettes along the tops of the buildings, either indicating high reaching foliage, or gardens placed on top of buildings in order to keep no wasted space.
    The costumes remind me of Onderon, the ornate fringes on the cuffs especially. But maybe that is more significant to nobles, than of location? I suppose I could also link some aspects of the costume/s to what Padme has worn in the past. But she has worn so many things that it's hard to say any of her attire is strictly representative of her planet/people...
    There's not much doubt comparing the common things that relate to Mandalorians: The child in the flashbacks wears an ornate chest plate, but his parents don't. None of the people in the flashbacks are wearing armor, but they all seem to share a common ancestry which either makes them specific to a planet - or to a clan of their immediate area.
    Kyrimorut was a northern location on Mandalore in what I'd assume to be Legends, deserters, misfits, and clones tended to live there. With all the referencing to genetics in the Mandalorian show, it might be a new age adaption of that place to make Nulls, or otherwise something to do with Fetts, somewhat canon?

Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense.

Wknuto!
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually if you watch the Rebels show it shows the start of the war between Mandalore and the Empire, in which all the Mandalorian clans come together at the end of that episode and riot against the Empire.
    Rebels' certainly is a series I have to rewatch.
    Although, when I place so little importance on things these days, I'm not sure my mind will be able to keep hold of the information for long.
    Wknuto!
  • The wait for chapter 8 is killing me