criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Star Wars The Mandalorian discussion thread

13Next

Replies

• The wait for chapter 8 is killing me

Same
  • Spiito
    2096 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Huh. Does Holdo's arm jewelry resemble the Mando's family decorative shirt borders from the flashbacks...

Planet Gatalenta???
    Wknuto!
  • Wow, breathtaking episode. I do want to know how many people are thinking this story still connects to the Fetts since you know, they've been retcon as renegades who just wear Mandalorian armor by George himself before he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

Din Djarin is adopted but has been fully raised into the Mandalorian culture.

Namedrops and items to look out for that solidifies TCW and Rebels into the Mandalorian's central story for next season:

-Siege of Mandalore & Night of a Thousand Tears

-Darksaber

-Great Purge

Guess there's some confirmation of that rumor about Katee Sackhoff portraying Bo-Katan in live-action in the Mandalorian Season 2 now.

Wondered if she's dead or still alive. Makes me more anxious for TCW Season 7 in February.
  • The beginning of the episode with the Scout Troopers was just hilarious, and when IG-11 started beating them up, I was glad because of what they did to Kuiil. Speaking of Kuiil, I shed a tear when Dyn buried him. And I really enjoyed the twist at the end when it showed Gideon at the end with the DarkSaber
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Wow, breathtaking episode. I do want to know how many people are thinking this story still connects to the Fetts since you know, they've been retcon as renegades who just wear Mandalorian armor by George himself before he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

Namedrops and items to look out for that solidifies TCW and Rebels into the Mandalorian's central story for next season:

-Darksaber

-Great Purge

Guess there's some confirmation of that rumor about Katee Sackhoff portraying Bo-Katan in live-action in the Mandalorian Season 2 now.

Wondered if she's dead or still alive. Makes me more anxious for TCW Season 7 in February.
    The only was the Moff would get the dark saber is prying it from Bo Katan's cold dead hand :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1867 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Wow, breathtaking episode. I do want to know how many people are thinking this story still connects to the Fetts since you know, they've been retcon as renegades who just wear Mandalorian armor by George himself before he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

-Darksaber

-Great Purge

The only was the Moff would get the dark saber is prying it from Bo Katan's cold dead hand :'(
    So were the orders to take back Mandalore given to Gideon once Thrawn and the Saxons were not able to counter the war?

This is what they probably meant when they mentioned the "Great Purge" and Gideon being "executed" for war crimes. Could he have brought a new version of the Duchess that's different from Sabine's design or something to fight against the Clans?

I mean, I don't mind seeing Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan in flashbacks if she's dead, it's still worthwhile to see another animated character brought to live-action if it serves the story's purpose.

But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that she's alive, after all, Sabine snatched it from Maul's lair on Dathomir without killing him.
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

-Darksaber

-Great Purge

So were the orders to take back Mandalore given to Gideon once Thrawn and the Saxons were not able to counter the war?

This is what they probably meant when they mentioned the "Great Purge" and Gideon being "executed" for war crimes. Could he have brought a new version of the Duchess that's different from Sabine's design or something to fight against the Clans?

I mean, I don't mind seeing Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan in flashbacks if she's dead, it's still worthwhile to see another animated character brought to live-action if it serves the story's purpose.

But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that she's alive, after all, Sabine snatched it from Maul's lair on Dathomir without killing him.
    Bo Katan would have cared more than Maul. If she did survive, her mission from God would be to retrieve it.
    Gideon wouldn't be able top move without her coming after him.

h846398gb27k.png

• So that Mandalorian chapter was just awesome, chapter 2 7 and 8 have to be my favorites. Now i hope that Bo-Katan isn't dead though, i mean in the rebels show season 4, Sabine gives the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, in which she rules all the Mandalorian clans from thereon, and unites them all...... thus starting the Mandalorian war with the Empire, so i hope Moff Gidion isn't ruling Mandalore or anything like that, since someone outside of Mandalorian culture can rule Mandalore, like Maul.
  • FabioBastos
    534 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Finally a Shock Trooper on live action format! And... Dark Saber! S1E8 was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Now we have one more reason to include Shock Trooper as reinforcement for both Empire and Rebellion. With flamethrower for the Empire off course. Please, EA, think about it!
  • Awesome finale! The Flame trooper was cool. And the Dark Saber, that was awesome to see. I also wonder if that story of Jedi fighting against Mandalore the Great is a reference to the Mandalorian Wars from the Old Republic?
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    Revan72 wrote: »
    Awesome finale! The Flame trooper was cool. And the Dark Saber, that was awesome to see. I also wonder if that story of Jedi fighting against Mandalore the Great is a reference to the Mandalorian Wars from the Old Republic?

Based off how she used Mandalore as a name and not a title, I think so

h846398gb27k.png

• Spiito
    2096 posts Member
    edited January 12
    jon-snow-real-father-revealed.gif
    All this talk about names in another thread about a different character has reminded me about the Mando and his name.
    Din Djarin sounds like a given name... An alias. It sounds like it could be a different dialect of Mandoa. I know for sure that Concordia had a bit different way of saying things, which still sounded like Mandalorian, but altered. Instead of D they used S / De // Se etc. for 'Of.' Or it seemed that way...? Maybe I've misremembered.

Din Djarin (Last of kin? "Destroyed kin"??) Din can sometimes be in different mando words, it seems to come up at the end of Blood often to indicate lineage (bloodlines)
    Din also frequently comes up as looney, or lunatic, crazy, it might derive from stigma found within hereditary mental illness causing slang to be applied to certain associated bloodlines? (link/chain/line/tie/bond)
    There are a few words that sound similar to Djarin but none of them are exactly the same as D'jarin, this might indicate a difference in dialect, *Concordias was a bit different.
    jaon - over // jare - fatal to oneself move - kamikaze /// jareor life threateningly reckless /// and many more j sounding words that imply destruction so heavy it proves to be fatal.
    dajunar - plan, to plot

So what If Din isn't Din's birthname... Maybe that's what he became known as when the Mandos took him in? To hide his birthright identity. -This is only if he's not Mando in origin. Though I suppose it could work either way.
    If he is Mando in origin, and if that is his real name, then he might be the remaining bloodlines of a family that had some significance. Which isn't a thing. So... True Mando remnant, maybe.

I haven't considered similarities to other worldly name origins. I'm still focusing on the concept of Nulls or anything specifically Mando. Viszla didn't seem like the type of House to take in Clans that weren't readily willing to abandon all previous cultural values.
    Wknuto!
  • lowell
    1867 posts Member
    edited January 17
  • Why is baby yoda even alive, he should just die at this point

Wow.
    Why do you say that?
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?

Heartless/cold. How could you?!!