criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

the stinger joined the family of star cards become useless in the game

DICE felicitation, you managed to crush another star card, already that stinger was not super powerful, you managed to make it useless. All this to please a community of player herolord .... Personally I play mainly a blast, so I play stinger mainly on yavin 4 or endor .... Why do you never get to nerve / buff something so intelligent ???? Before the update, the stinger inflicted 5 damage to the impact and 28 poison damage that can be accumulated over 10 seconds, now the damage to the impact varies between 10 and 30 damage and 28 poison damage that are no longer cumulative . Mr DICE what's the point of a weapon that's less powerful than your basic blaster ??????? the stinger is a weapon to play long distance, it is logical that the more you poison your enemy, the more this one will receive poison damage, DICE your logic spirit defies all understanding .... the problem was that each shot was more double damage to hero. The solution is simple, return to the configuration of the stinger before its update; go from 18 to 12 shots before overheating and make sure the poison damage is SLIGHTLY higher for heroes and reinforcement. Thank you it's over

Replies

• moistboii wrote: »
    Trooper lords when they found out the stinger pistol got nerfed
    vbfb036358j9.gif

Nah, never used it anyway. Plenty of better ways to destroy heroes :smiley:
  • ToadHallMayhem
    1009 posts Member
    edited November 12
    I am afraid game balance is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately many like their preferred class to go uncontested. If any thing slows them down they complain. Their idea of "balance" is them being very powerful while others get nerfed.

The stinger was not overpowered before. It simply slowed heroes down. However, this was too much for some.

Will this endless, detrimental nerfing stop?

No matter how far you have gone down the wrong road turn back.
    Post edited by ToadHallMayhem on
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    Shady that the nerf wasn’t in the patch notes and hasn’t been acknowledged by the community team despite numerous rants on the forums about it.

I feel the same way about the flash grenade changes too!

stinger/flash grenade/ flash pistol/ squad shield/ gravitational gun/ acid luncher/homing shot are in the same basket now

Squad shield? Squad shield is pretty amazing on Strike and Extraction.
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    Shady that the nerf wasn’t in the patch notes and hasn’t been acknowledged by the community team despite numerous rants on the forums about it.

I feel the same way about the flash grenade changes too!

stinger/flash grenade/ flash pistol/ squad shield/ gravitational gun/ acid luncher/homing shot are in the same basket now

Squad shield? Squad shield is pretty amazing on Strike and Extraction.

Squad Shield does not offer any benefit such as increased health regeneration time (presence officer) or a sufficient number of VPs to protect you in order to regenerate you will never be equal to the turret or the distruption
  • i cannot believe they did this to the stinger pistol.
  • Good post! Nothing like a stealth nerf on a weapon that wasn't complained about. +100000 HUES
  • It needs to be reverted back. There’s no reason for the nerf. It wasn’t OP and was a viable option to scare off some heroes.

Having an option like the stinger allowed the heroes to be as powerful as they are without being game breaking. Since the nerf, I have not played a Jakku match that made it to the final area. They all stop before in the third phase.

Now with an Anakin and/or Luke defending while getting buffed by the likes of Finn the attackers have a really tough time breaking through. Before you could stinger one of them and get them retreat long enough to advance. The stinger would not take them out, just make them retreat for a bit.
  • If it can hurt heroes in a significant way expect it to get nerfed into the ground. I wouldn’t be surprised if Explosive Sentry and Vanguard got nerfed into the ground.
  • Brawlwr card for officer is worthless.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Brawlwr card for officer is worthless.

Hey tanker haven't seen you in awhile good to see you old chap
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Trooper lords when they found out the stinger pistol got nerfed
    vbfb036358j9.gif

Bunch of carltons.
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/
  • That's nothing what about the repulsor Cannon that has been completely broken for over a year? Now that's a USELESS star card.
  • Yes DICE please, please fix the stinger pistol
  • I agree. Stinger pistol didn't need any nerfing, too little damage so you don't bother to use it.
  • Stinger Pistol nerfed into the ground.

Meanwhile:

"ANAKIN NEEDS BUFFING IN GA"

Everything going in the 'right' direction...
  • Did Dice nerf the acid launcher? If so why? Didn’t see any heroes complaining about it.
  • I think it's actually to do with the game originally having the (sometimes paid-for) star cards. The original philosophy was that there would be a tremendous advantage to playing as a Hero, so people would really want those cards and perhaps purchase them. Of course it was quickly realised that there had been a mis-step and - to their credit - it was rectified. However I think the philosophy of the game being "about" a few high-value characters that might have been very sellable still pervades it. I think the Heroes are far too common and far too persistent in game - they ought to be a rare thing.

Mind you. There are game modes where they aren't any heroes.