criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Do all heroes and villains get the same points when killing an enemy?

This is a matter that's been roaming over my head months after months and I briefly tell you the reasons.
I rarely see characters such as Obi-Wan or Yoda being top 1 in hero ranking after a HvV game is done though they do a very well played game.
I have experienced this thing by myself cause I'm personally a very good Obi-Wan and Vader player and I'm even better at Kenobi and the weirdest thing is that I never get the first place when I play as Kenobi though I'm very important for our team to win whereas If I take Vader or Anakin I'm always the first. And I repeat that I'm even better when playing as Kenobi.
I have noticed that there are certain characters that always share the first place: Anakin, Han Solo, Vader, Palpatine for instance.
So is it true that these characters make more points by killing the same target than the rest?

Replies

• I am not sure why but I agree. It’s extremely easy to get first with Luke ani and especially Vador. And while I don’t struggle to get first as obi wan I sometimes need to sweat in order to make it first by a long shot.
    I hate that deaths don’t take away from your score as I am a player that dies 0-8 times a match at max(although there are exceptions ofc).
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    I am not sure why but I agree. It’s extremely easy to get first with Luke ani and especially Vador. And while I don’t struggle to get first as obi wan I sometimes need to sweat in order to make it first by a long shot.
    I hate that deaths don’t take away from your score as I am a player that dies 0-8 times a match at max(although there are exceptions ofc).

That is what I exactly mean. It's easier for some characters to get first on the top ahead of others
  • Now, i never really pay that much attention to the score numbers, so correct me if i'm wrong, but in HvV, score is mainly awarded for damage inflicted, kills, assists and "Heroic Sacrifices", the pity points. So naturally, characters with abilities that deal direct damage like all of Luke's and two of Vader's are at an advantage when it comes to this. As i said, i might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that things like granting allies health with Presence or affecting people with Mind Trick does not grant points.
  • So, basically, what i mean is that while all characters, for example, get the same amount of points for things like doing the same amount of damage, but some characters just have easier and more numerous ways to deal damage or secure kills.
  • Officer heroes gain more points than every other hero

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Scoring is comprised mostly of damage dealt. You won’t gain the same amount of points if you kill a full HP hero than simply finishing off one. Like some have pointed out above, it’s a matter of potential DPS. Hero blasters tend to rack up more points because they deal more damage overall per second. It’s also a matter of the heroes abilities. Obi-Wan has just a Push for CC that usually pushes enemies to safety while other heroes have some abilities that can be comboed, sort of Pull+HM, Choke+Saber Throw.
  • Raices
    1443 posts Member
    edited November 12
    Dying should be penalized in this mode, no logic that the guy that died 10 times with 15 elmins finish at the top while one of his teammates only died 5 times while having 12 elimns.
  • So, basically, what i mean is that while all characters, for example, get the same amount of points for things like doing the same amount of damage, but some characters just have easier and more numerous ways to deal damage or secure kills.

you might be right