criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Nerf blocking!

No seriously nerf it. Blocking is wayyyyyyy to strong & dashing behind someone only helps so much. Players with high sensitivity can instantly turn around & block or smart players will just dash forward now you're back at square 1. All lightsaber & blasters users need some other way to get around annoying block spam

Replies

  • No no, you've got it all wrong...

    Nerf attacking!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Agree. Block turtles have become the cheesiest thing in HvV.
  • Disagree. I like block turtles not attack spammers. Revert block staggering back to this game.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Disagree. I like block turtles not attack spammers. Revert block staggering back to this game.

    Oh would you rather people not attack? You're right it's much more fun to just back up while blocking for the whole game🤣🤣
  • I preferred how stamina was before for blasters. They should have only changed it for troopers as now Phasma cant even break a block spammer anymore.
  • Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Yes because it’s fair that Obi-Wan can block 70 swings before running out of stamina along with the equal best dash in the game. While I don’t think blocking needs to be outright nerfed, I believe there should be some balancing
  • So instead of outsmarting your opponent you’d rather just nerf their (and your) way of defending? Pathetic.

    How about adapt and git gud. If you dodge behind them to hit their flank observe their reaction, then use it to predict their move next time you do it.

    There is no reason to defy logic and change the entire game just because you are not proficient at it
  • polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Yes because it’s fair that Obi-Wan can block 70 swings before running out of stamina along with the equal best dash in the game. While I don’t think blocking needs to be outright nerfed, I believe there should be some balancing

    There are plenty of ways to get past an Obi-Wan block, and I'm saying this as an Obi-Wan main. His block isn't eternal, there's ways to outsmart the player controlling him, and he also can't block things like explosions, gasses, shock grenades, or attacks from behind. Obi-Wan is a master of blaster deflection and increased speed in his movements. It only makes sense that his abilities transfer over to the game for a more accurate representation of his character. And, it's not 70 swings. And, you also forget that each swing you take on him drains his stamina more than a blaster would and if he chose to attack back he also drains his stamina. Players can't just expect easy wins, that's lazy. When you face a main, you have to step up to match them or die trying. Don't just go to the forums and complain about how someone better than you beat you so they should be nerfed to match your substandard fighting, lol. It's a game. You get better at it. You wouldn't play laser tag then tell people they need to stop moving so much because you can't get a clean shot on them.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Yes because it’s fair that Obi-Wan can block 70 swings before running out of stamina along with the equal best dash in the game. While I don’t think blocking needs to be outright nerfed, I believe there should be some balancing

    There are plenty of ways to get past an Obi-Wan block, and I'm saying this as an Obi-Wan main. His block isn't eternal, there's ways to outsmart the player controlling him, and he also can't block things like explosions, gasses, shock grenades, or attacks from behind. Obi-Wan is a master of blaster deflection and increased speed in his movements. It only makes sense that his abilities transfer over to the game for a more accurate representation of his character. And, it's not 70 swings. And, you also forget that each swing you take on him drains his stamina more than a blaster would and if he chose to attack back he also drains his stamina. Players can't just expect easy wins, that's lazy. When you face a main, you have to step up to match them or die trying. Don't just go to the forums and complain about how someone better than you beat you so they should be nerfed to match your substandard fighting, lol. It's a game. You get better at it. You wouldn't play laser tag then tell people they need to stop moving so much because you can't get a clean shot on them.

    While I understand and get your point, the average player is not going to be able to anticipate the move of his enemy. I main Dooku and when I fight Obi-Wan, I always anticipate his rush and use my lighting to punish that. And actually it’s 69 swings but I rounded up. And yes that number is correct, I have a video on the forums from a post I made showcasing that. My skills at dueling in this game are far from substandard, however in the case of characters like Obi-Wan and Vader, it’s an absolute cake walk to hold your block button and expect that to lead you to victory. Like I said I don’t think blocking needs a nerf. I think there are some things about it that need to be balanced, like the 69 saber blocks from Obi. Lore wise I get he’s master of defense but in a game where he can take on 4 heroes that all deplete their stamina before he runs out of block is something that’s extremely unbalanced. I genuinely feel cheap when I use Obi-Wan because of it.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Yes because it’s fair that Obi-Wan can block 70 swings before running out of stamina along with the equal best dash in the game. While I don’t think blocking needs to be outright nerfed, I believe there should be some balancing

    There are plenty of ways to get past an Obi-Wan block, and I'm saying this as an Obi-Wan main. His block isn't eternal, there's ways to outsmart the player controlling him, and he also can't block things like explosions, gasses, shock grenades, or attacks from behind. Obi-Wan is a master of blaster deflection and increased speed in his movements. It only makes sense that his abilities transfer over to the game for a more accurate representation of his character. And, it's not 70 swings. And, you also forget that each swing you take on him drains his stamina more than a blaster would and if he chose to attack back he also drains his stamina. Players can't just expect easy wins, that's lazy. When you face a main, you have to step up to match them or die trying. Don't just go to the forums and complain about how someone better than you beat you so they should be nerfed to match your substandard fighting, lol. It's a game. You get better at it. You wouldn't play laser tag then tell people they need to stop moving so much because you can't get a clean shot on them.

    While I understand and get your point, the average player is not going to be able to anticipate the move of his enemy. I main Dooku and when I fight Obi-Wan, I always anticipate his rush and use my lighting to punish that. And actually it’s 69 swings but I rounded up. And yes that number is correct, I have a video on the forums from a post I made showcasing that. My skills at dueling in this game are far from substandard, however in the case of characters like Obi-Wan and Vader, it’s an absolute cake walk to hold your block button and expect that to lead you to victory. Like I said I don’t think blocking needs a nerf. I think there are some things about it that need to be balanced, like the 69 saber blocks from Obi. Lore wise I get he’s master of defense but in a game where he can take on 4 heroes that all deplete their stamina before he runs out of block is something that’s extremely unbalanced. I genuinely feel cheap when I use Obi-Wan because of it.

    I wasn't calling you, specifically substandard. I've never fought you in the game. I was meaning you in a general sense, lol. While I personally don't use his star card to increase his stamina unless I'm in a large scale mode, I can understand that it would be frustrating to not be able to attack a hero directly. But, do also keep in mind even DICE, themselves, said the appropriate and only real way to attack a hero is from behind. It's working how they intended. And, being a Dooku main, I would expect you know a fantastic way to get behind Obi-Wan especially with his 3 dodges.

    To me, this argument seems more like saying "I don't like how Dooku can dodge all my attacks so easily, so let's nerf his dodging down to only 1 dodge." That'd be ridiculous, lol.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Yes because it’s fair that Obi-Wan can block 70 swings before running out of stamina along with the equal best dash in the game. While I don’t think blocking needs to be outright nerfed, I believe there should be some balancing

    There are plenty of ways to get past an Obi-Wan block, and I'm saying this as an Obi-Wan main. His block isn't eternal, there's ways to outsmart the player controlling him, and he also can't block things like explosions, gasses, shock grenades, or attacks from behind. Obi-Wan is a master of blaster deflection and increased speed in his movements. It only makes sense that his abilities transfer over to the game for a more accurate representation of his character. And, it's not 70 swings. And, you also forget that each swing you take on him drains his stamina more than a blaster would and if he chose to attack back he also drains his stamina. Players can't just expect easy wins, that's lazy. When you face a main, you have to step up to match them or die trying. Don't just go to the forums and complain about how someone better than you beat you so they should be nerfed to match your substandard fighting, lol. It's a game. You get better at it. You wouldn't play laser tag then tell people they need to stop moving so much because you can't get a clean shot on them.

    While I understand and get your point, the average player is not going to be able to anticipate the move of his enemy. I main Dooku and when I fight Obi-Wan, I always anticipate his rush and use my lighting to punish that. And actually it’s 69 swings but I rounded up. And yes that number is correct, I have a video on the forums from a post I made showcasing that. My skills at dueling in this game are far from substandard, however in the case of characters like Obi-Wan and Vader, it’s an absolute cake walk to hold your block button and expect that to lead you to victory. Like I said I don’t think blocking needs a nerf. I think there are some things about it that need to be balanced, like the 69 saber blocks from Obi. Lore wise I get he’s master of defense but in a game where he can take on 4 heroes that all deplete their stamina before he runs out of block is something that’s extremely unbalanced. I genuinely feel cheap when I use Obi-Wan because of it.

    I wasn't calling you, specifically substandard. I've never fought you in the game. I was meaning you in a general sense, lol. While I personally don't use his star card to increase his stamina unless I'm in a large scale mode, I can understand that it would be frustrating to not be able to attack a hero directly. But, do also keep in mind even DICE, themselves, said the appropriate and only real way to attack a hero is from behind. It's working how they intended. And, being a Dooku main, I would expect you know a fantastic way to get behind Obi-Wan especially with his 3 dodges.

    To me, this argument seems more like saying "I don't like how Dooku can dodge all my attacks so easily, so let's nerf his dodging down to only 1 dodge." That'd be ridiculous, lol.

    The problem with Dooku’s dodge is there’s a hitch at the end of his forward and left dodge. Making it very hard to smoothly transition into an attack before an opponent has time to react. Yes he’s got 3, but man do they suck.
    Also, not sure why you use the stamina card is the large game modes. Seems like a waste of a slot honestly.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    Are you referring to a specific mode?
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    So instead of outsmarting your opponent you’d rather just nerf their (and your) way of defending? Pathetic.

    How about adapt and git gud. If you dodge behind them to hit their flank observe their reaction, then use it to predict their move next time you do it.

    There is no reason to defy logic and change the entire game just because you are not proficient at it

    Outsmarting??? I cant get much better tbh. Dodge behind me now I just dodge forward now you have to try & dash behind behind me. Or I try to dash behind you while you're trying to dash behind me & we do that forever. Now with the block exploit you can cheese more than ever
  • I agree with you, but the problem is that there is not a single way to balance it for one situation and balance it for another. It’s just bad by design, the fact that a blaster hero has to aim at somebody but that somebody doesn’t have to aim their saber to block those aimed shots is the core of what makes the system bad. There are many ways of attacking an opponent, but only one input for blocking attacks, making blocking mindless.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Stamina should drain while blocking again.

    I’d be happy with that.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    Are you referring to a specific mode?

    Yes HvV
  • polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    572bu5smp3se.gif
  • Nerf blaster heroes so they have to be within 10 meters to do any damage. I'm sick of blaster heroes cowering from my eloquent sabrelord out of bounds.

    They should have to come close to fight and they shouldn't be able to roll either, why should they be able to defend themselves
  • But it's "tactical" and competitive lmfao.
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/
  • I like how people are acting as though the block and dash spamming hasn’t been what saber duels have consisted of since launch. They just nerfed blocking by fixing blocking from behind.
  • quenaelin
    1112 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    quenaelin wrote: »
    Disagree. I like block turtles not attack spammers. Revert block staggering back to this game.

    Oh would you rather people not attack? You're right it's much more fun to just back up while blocking for the whole game🤣🤣

    I said before I have solution to this problem, which benefits both defence turtles and attack spammers.

    1. Revert block staggering back to this game.
    2. Decrease stamina cost of saber attack and blocking
    Edit: I would like to add one feature which is missing in this game
    3. Block breaking knockback melee strike
    4. There could also be saber clash and opponent who wins it knocks backs enemy opponent and gets strike advantage.

    I just dont like stupid saber smashing it is very cheesy and doesn't bring Star Wars style saber combat in to this game.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    Are you referring to a specific mode?

    Yes HvV

    Well, if HvV players weren't so toxic, maybe block spamming would be less of a thing. If you are going to emote me after 3 or 4 vs 1 killing me, then I am going to turtle. Make you work hard and waste as much of your time as possible before you get to emote. If you straight up fight, I won't turtle. Simple as.
  • Yesterday I played CS on Geonosis with the Separatists.
    I was Dooku and I faced an Obi-Wan.
    I used my Duellist and Exposed weakness ability and everything he did was holding the block button L2.
    My whole stamina was gone and he lost only the half of his.
    Just saying.
    WOW
    Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

    f0n7hn9hl0zy.jpg
  • I love how people talk as if their block actually works. Cos somehow I always seem to get slashed through my block...
  • I don't mind the 'tactical' aspect of needing to flank around a blocking player, thats actually a good thing. I think the only problem I have at the moment is blocking against blaster fire doesn't drain stamina fast enough - its insane that Phasma can shoot Obi Wan all day and never get through his block.

    I just hope DICE never 'fix' the issue with Palps' lightning going through block, as Palps is one of the few characters that can really give turtles a hard time.
  • I don't mind the 'tactical' aspect of needing to flank around a blocking player, thats actually a good thing. I think the only problem I have at the moment is blocking against blaster fire doesn't drain stamina fast enough - its insane that Phasma can shoot Obi Wan all day and never get through his block.

    I just hope DICE never 'fix' the issue with Palps' lightning going through block, as Palps is one of the few characters that can really give turtles a hard time.

    People are crying about it alot though. It probably will get fixed. I agree with you though.
  • Its completely unfair that my opponent can block attacks. Players should not be allowed to have any advantage over each other. In star wars nobody has every blocked with a lightsaber ever so its not even accurate. Plus, are there even lightsabers in other fps? I didnt think so. They should remove lightsabers.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • CC_1010
    3085 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Yesterday I played CS on Geonosis with the Separatists.
    I was Dooku and I faced an Obi-Wan.
    I used my Duellist and Exposed weakness ability and everything he did was holding the block button L2.
    My whole stamina was gone and he lost only the half of his.
    Just saying.
    WOW
    And you tried to outspam him? If so:
    Dude. Don’t spam then. This is why I hate dooku spammers. What do you expect?!? Should he just let you outspam him?!? Corn on work for your wins man! You can do better then that. Try to dash behind him.

  • If the performance were reliable, block should be unlimited but should just work for an instant, so you would have to press the button again for each strike or blaster you want to block, accurately, rather than just holding the button and blocking everything while having stamina. Attacking should expose players unless they block, so ***** spamming would expose to counterattacks. Feints would help exposing blocking spammers to also expose themselves, so there would always be a way to expose offensive/defensive spammers.

    That would make saber heroes funny and interesting, even when facing blaster heroes too, not only other sabers.

    But we know kids would buy mods anyways to be unbeatable, online games are screwed, we always should have offline multiplayer alternative so developers effort is not wasted by the lovely community.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Yesterday I played CS on Geonosis with the Separatists.
    I was Dooku and I faced an Obi-Wan.
    I used my Duellist and Exposed weakness ability and everything he did was holding the block button L2.
    My whole stamina was gone and he lost only the half of his.
    Just saying.
    WOW
    And you tried to outspam him? If so:
    Dude. Don’t spam then. This is why I hate dooku spammers. What do you expect?!? Should he just let you outspam him?!? Corn on work for your wins man! You can do better then that. Try to dash behind him.

    There's a simple psychology to it, all. If you just... walk away, they'll follow you or put their guard down, usually. That's when you strike. Or, do one of my favorite tricks and hide with your lightsaber off then surprise them lol. That works especially well in Jabba's Palace.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Chico wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    Are you referring to a specific mode?

    Yes HvV

    Well, if HvV players weren't so toxic, maybe block spamming would be less of a thing. If you are going to emote me after 3 or 4 vs 1 killing me, then I am going to turtle. Make you work hard and waste as much of your time as possible before you get to emote. If you straight up fight, I won't turtle. Simple as.

    Totally agree, 3 or 4 vs 1 emoters are a different kind of toxic...
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why is it that people seem to think they should just be allowed to kill an enemy and that they're not allowed to defend themselves? Like seriously.... nerfing blocking? You're upset because someone blocked your attack and you think that shouldn't be allowed?


    ..... what?????

    Nah that's fine. Turtling the entire game is wack. People just hold block & dash backwards all day & there is nothing you can do to someone who's a block pro

    Are you referring to a specific mode?

    Yes HvV

    Well, if HvV players weren't so toxic, maybe block spamming would be less of a thing. If you are going to emote me after 3 or 4 vs 1 killing me, then I am going to turtle. Make you work hard and waste as much of your time as possible before you get to emote. If you straight up fight, I won't turtle. Simple as.

    Totally agree, 3 or 4 vs 1 emoters are a different kind of toxic...

    I just played a Kylo like that😑 Emoted after every clean up kill, got destroyed when I 1v1 him, and then wouldnt 1v1 again. Human nature I guess.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!