criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Battlefront 2015 content ported to Battlefront II in 2020?

I have been discussing a lot about Star Wars Battlefront 2015 content coming to Battlefront II in the future. And, one thing I'm surprised is, Jyn, Krennic, Greedo, Nien Nunb, & Dengar not already in Battlefront II. Same thing with the maps & weapons. And maybe modes. I was wondering, if 2020 will include a BF 2015 throwback season, to include the popular content from that game ported to Battlefront II. What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

• Tbh I only want maps and modes like Supremacy, Turning Point and Walker Assault. I don't care about heroes or weapons
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    I have been discussing a lot about Star Wars Battlefront 2015 content coming to Battlefront II in the future. And, one thing I'm surprised is, Jyn, Krennic, Greedo, Nien Nunb, & Dengar not already in Battlefront II. Same thing with the maps & weapons. And maybe modes. I was wondering, if 2020 will include a BF 2015 throwback season, to include the popular content from that game ported to Battlefront II. What are your thoughts on this?

I couldn't agree more. We should have essentially Battlefront 2015 but better. Instead we've got something different that's either glitchy or watered down in various areas. 2015 felt a bit more experimental, smooth, and treated heroes and villains properly.

The new game could really use that content, and more inspired by it for all eras.
  • masontcarr wrote: »

I think, they could do something similar, when they bring OT maps for Capital Supremacy. At the moment, the only OT maps, that can be ported properly from GA to CS are Tatooine, Hoth, Endor and Yavin IV, so at least one more map is needed for the OT era.
    The OT maps, that are missing in this game are Bespin (Cloud City), Sullust and Scarif.
    Bespin could be ported over from BF1. I'd like to see the Cloud Car returning as well. Since Lando has no proper counter in BF2 (i don't think, Palpatine fits that role really well), this is a chance to bring back Dengar (give Palpatine his Windu).
    In Sullust's case, either "SoroSuub Centroplex" or "Sulfur Fields" could work quite good in CS. New default skins for both, Stormtroopers and Rebels would come as well. It may be a chance, to give us Greedo and Nien Nunb (i miss you guys), but i don't think, it will happen.
    But the real Jackpot for DICE would be a Scarif Update. They could port over a long requested map, new skins for Stormtroopers and Rebels, and of course Jyn and Krennic as heroes. Besides that, Rogue One is the movie with the least content in BF2 (only Death Troopers and U-Wing but no heroes or maps) and it would be a great chance to fix this.
    So all in all: yes, please! I really want a throwback season. I'd like to see some small maps as well, but that may be a bit too much to ask for at the moment.
  • Literally everything but improved.
    I know people would kind of want bf15 to have it’s own content, but I’d rather them combine the two somehow. We’d get a ton of awesome maps and 4 lost heroes, along with loads of weapons and modes.
  • Porting the maps and modes is really what we be most interesting to me.
  • Bespin ground map for GA and potentially CS.
    Carbonite chamber room for HvsV.

And definitely Death Star assault with final trench run ! (SA content, absolute must)

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Jyn and Krennic is fine but Nien Nunb? And people complain about adding Ashoka my god lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • Bespin ground map for GA and potentially CS.
    Carbonite chamber room for HvsV.

And definitely Death Star assault with final trench run ! (SA content, absolute must)

May The Force Be With You, Always.

Bespin for Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy is a must.
  • In my opinion, everything from BF15 should have been in BF2 at launch. Be that heroes, weapons, maps or skins, all of it.

I bought the game without spoilers, expecting to find my precious Walker Assault, Drop Zone, Cargo and Turning Point improved upon with new maps and including the same ones from BF2015. What I got was a slap in the face with GA combining two large modes together, taking away my uplinks and Y-Wings, ruining my AT-AT love, missing my Drop Zone fix.

The worst part was subclasses where I had to use 1 weapon for an extended period of time with a single type of trooper. Gone was my plethora of weapon choices. The literal wall of weapons from BF2015 was nowhere to be seen. For all the cries about a meta of Bacta, Jumppack, Bubble, EE-4 and Bodyguard trait... we had one even worse in this game for an extended period of time with Officer, Blurrg w/ Improved Burst/Explosive Shot, improved battle command, bounty hunter, officers presence... At least in BF2015, you had more of a choice and it wasn't a set loadout that got you points to hog the heroes. This game is just that. For the faults of the pick-up tokens, at least there were awesome weapons and abilities you got from them. Thermal Imploder, rocket launcer, ability refresh etc, placed turrets etc. None of that in this game.

I also miss the fact that we could man turbolasers and shoot at infantry and/or speeders and ships. I've seen none in this game. Only on Hoth can you man a previously placed turret that's somewhat close and they're inaccurate and weak in comparison. The environment in BFII is lacking in comparison. This is why BF2015 felt more like Star Wars. I'd rather have everyone run a jetpack and be able to traverse the terrain faster than this game where it takes ages to run back to the 'objective' that only a few seem to play.

Lol god the Blurgg was so nasty back in the day.
  • In my opinion, everything from BF15 should have been in BF2 at launch. Be that heroes, weapons, maps or skins, all of it.

Yeah. Hopefully we see them added in the future.
  • Jyn and Krennic is fine but Nien Nunb? And people complain about adding Ashoka my god lmao

I want the heroes you just mentioned. And yeah, I do want Ahsoka in the game.
  • I would love to see walker assault and supremacy added to BF2 using the 2015 maps!
  • If only BF2 was built on the base of the 2015 game, would've been so much better. 2015 maps + the new maps, could've been amazing...instead we got an average game with a terrible launch.

only maps ported so far are;

bespin administrators palace
    jabba's palace

weird they chose those maps and not the rogue one maps....what sucks is they had a bit of a rogue one map in the final campaign mission.

would love the rogue one maps, death star maps and maybe the sullust maps as they were great, even endor was pretty good.

so many good maps gone to waste on a dead game...
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    If only BF2 was built on the base of the 2015 game, would've been so much better. 2015 maps + the new maps, could've been amazing...instead we got an average game with a terrible launch.

jabba's palace

weird they chose those maps and not the rogue one maps....what sucks is they had a bit of a rogue one map in the final campaign mission.

would love the rogue one maps, death star maps and maybe the sullust maps as they were great, even endor was pretty good.

I'm fine, that Administrator's Palace and Jabba's Palace were ported. The only thing, that sucks is, that no more maps have been ported, especially the DLC maps. BF1 is basically dead (no chance for the DLCs) and i'd really like to see some of those beautiful maps (SoroSuub Refinery; Landing Pad 13; Carbonite Freezing Chamber; ...) in BF2. But unfortunately it seems like that this won't happen.
  • in my experience dice have been very good at giving the impression of amazing tihngs coming only to constantly dash hopes and dreams.

***** poor single player stuff and mp only content...

i miss the old bf games.
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    If only BF2 was built on the base of the 2015 game, would've been so much better. 2015 maps + the new maps, could've been amazing...instead we got an average game with a terrible launch.

jabba's palace

I'm fine, that Administrator's Palace and Jabba's Palace were ported. The only thing, that sucks is, that no more maps have been ported, especially the DLC maps. BF1 is basically dead (no chance for the DLCs) and i'd really like to see some of those beautiful maps (SoroSuub Refinery; Landing Pad 13; Carbonite Freezing Chamber; ...) in BF2. But unfortunately it seems like that this won't happen.

They should port over EVERY Sullust map. That planet was amazing and the maps on BF2015 were actually good. I can count on one hand the good maps in the current game. Almost every one in GA is the same routine, stand in a confined area with too many or too little sight lines and run for an objective filled with chokepoints. Even the scenery took a back seat compared to the last game.
  • CdotC wrote: »
    I would love to see walker assault and supremacy added to BF2 using the 2015 maps!

I still play BF2015 just because of WA and the maps
  • I want the EE3
  • CdotC wrote: »
    I would love to see walker assault and supremacy added to BF2 using the 2015 maps!

Yeah. And maybe with Maps from Battlefront II as well.
  • Add walker assault (for offline too), a new weapon for every class and Jyn, Krennic would be perfect. The icing on the cake would be Dengar, Nien Numb, and the scarif map.

Right? How can people want Nien Nunb instead of Dengar?
  • CadBane wrote: »
    Add walker assault (for offline too), a new weapon for every class and Jyn, Krennic would be perfect. The icing on the cake would be Dengar, Nien Numb, and the scarif map.

Yeah. an offline version of Walker Assault would be cool. And maybe have Walker Assault for Sequel & Prequel trilogy too maybe?
  • Yes. More content is better.
  • CadBane wrote: »
    Yes. More content is better.

Yeah. And bug fixes as well.
  • I want the EE3

Yeah. we need the weapons from the game to be ported.