criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

4th move for LS Blaster Hero’s- Stimpacks

The lightside blaster hero’s should have access to a fourth move, stimulants.

These stimpacks could just be one universal fourth move or be a variety like an adrenaline stimulant that grants 50% increased movement speed for 5 seconds and has a cool down around 45-60 seconds.

This would allow the few LS blasters to have a fighting chance one on one, or regroup quickly on larger maps. They all definitely need something and I think this would help level the playing field.

Replies

• I'd be down, only if they add "ahh yea", " that's the stuff!" Emote and sound effect whenever you use these stimpacks. I always did enjoy the thought of a starcraft crossover...
  • Have the stim pack heal them for a certain amount too. I'd be down for this.
  • I'd rather them just have a tactical sprint that would always be available after refreshing

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Idk Diamond, that sounds very similar to Chewie and Han’s charge moves.
    It sounds just a little redundant.
    Maybe give Leia, Finn, and Lando a movement ability like a sprint?

KOTOR had a variety of stimulants available that ranged from Adrenaline to Strength. Which is where I derived my idea.

Also in KOTOR there were shields that could be activated to help relieve damage from melee attacks, and blaster fire. But I thought this would be less liked and too cheap because it too obvious of a tactic. However it might be what these characters need to be able to finally take on a Hero 1v1.

If the community dislikes giving these characters a good buff like a shield/defense... Then a tactical ability that is neither overpowered or useless would just help out.

The reason I say only LS is because the DS already has unique and effective abilities for each blaster.

Palpy-Unique dmg output
    Bossk-Max health regen, unblockable splash dmg
    Iden-Close stun and unblockable splash dmg
    Phasma-Stun droid, dmg reduction and health gain, and now can move the turret
    Boba-can FLY

In retrospect, there are three LS hero’s that have absolutely no good abilities.

Leia-...
    Finn-(a good Finn counter is to just hold block, he has no unblockable damage or stun)
    Lando-the one trick pony. You miss you die.

But if these hero’s had something to rely on to get to a better tactical position rather then, once I get spotted I have to run and try to hide...
  • How about just a permanent stim pack? Give them Jedi-like mobility, it’s a video game after all it would be more realistic to see Han Solo jumping 10 feet in the air than seeing Leia take multiple saber swings to the back
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • How about Stamina no longer recharging while using abilities?

That seems like the easiest start to balance everything

example: Kylo can no longer use frenzy and get all of his stamina back
    Grievous can no longer spam everything and then use claw rush or UA to just start spamming again

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Hmm, you have a good point mouse, but people love “realistic” and without Han carrying a trampoline with him, that sounds like it would look really silly. You have a great point, though.

The realism can be kept by adding an feasible explanation of how these hero can move faster, or jump higher, and the only explanation I can think of that keeps the integrity of the game, adds to the balance, and isn’t ridiculously difficult to add would be stimpacks, because it could be a simple replication of Phasma’s animation for Survivor and adding a few tweaks to the ability. This is possibly one of the easiest ways that DICE could adjust these Hero’s without an entire revamp.

They could simple copy and paste code for the animations and do a simple tweak to the outputs of the ability and voila.
  • You also have a have a great point Diamond, but this addresses saber combat over the blaster hero’s, so let’s say DICE doesn’t do a stamina rework for awhile.

There is still the issue that these LS hero’s can’t make the cut by themselves and if the entire LS is made of support then who are they supporting and why do they have to play supportingly?

The stamina system does need a tweak, it was a great may to stop saber spam, but now it’s turned into which character can block the most, this is what I would want changed about it, holding block drains stamina.
  • You also have a have a great point Diamond, but this addresses saber combat over the blaster hero’s, so let’s say DICE doesn’t do a stamina rework for awhile.

There is still the issue that these LS hero’s can’t make the cut by themselves and if the entire LS is made of support then who are they supporting and why do they have to play supportingly?

The stamina system does need a tweak, it was a great may to stop saber spam, but now it’s turned into which character can block the most, this is what I would want changed about it, holding block drains stamina.

That doesn't address saber combat only. The biggest problem with Saber heroes is that they can easily spam the attack button against a blaster hero, make tons of mistakes on timing, and recover by simply going into a Claw Rush or Frenzy and coming out with all of their stamina back to just keep beating on blaster heroes

If Frenzy halted stamina drain till after the animation was over (maybe even made stamina drain take longer to startup, like some games where you use a power attack while only having enough stamina to complete a regular attack, so the additional stamina drain of the power attack would be added onto the stamina bar as a negative charge), a bad Kylo that wasted his stamina before the Frenzy would still be left with no stamina after exiting, and even sit there like a dumb **** for an extra 4 or 5 seconds

• DiamondxStyles
    1765 posts Member
    edited November 13
    Also how is Tactical Sprinting redundant? Some Blaster heroes can't do shoulder charges or ground slams to run faster, and these are abilities, and they do damage/ cause knockdowns. Tactical Sprint would simply be a faster sprint with a charge time like stamina cooldowns

• It’s redundant only for Chewie and Han.

That’s like giving them two sprint moves.

Why not a med pack for them instead.
  • BobaisBroken
    101 posts Member
    edited November 14
    But I like the idea of a sprint move that uses stamina. Great idea!!!
  • I've always said there should be more needle based stimulants in star wars