criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Capital Supremacy Suggestion: Do we really need a Capital Ship Phase?

Wondering if anyone else agrees that we could do without a capital ship phase in capital supremacy? This extra objective just prolongs the matches. Why not just let the game end when the majority of the capture points are taken over like in the 2005 game? The capital ship map the way it was at launch could then be used as an additional standalone map for the capital supremacy mode.

Replies

• CdotC wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone else agrees that we could do without a capital ship phase in capital supremacy? This extra objective just prolongs the matches. Why not just let the game end when the majority of the capture points are taken over like in the 2005 game? The capital ship map the way it was at launch could then be used as an additional standalone map for the capital supremacy mode.

Because that would be too easy and exactly the conquest mode the community has requested since 2015.
  • If they took it out, the matches would definitely be much shorter, but the capitol ship phase is what makes this mode tick. Without it I'm sure that the players for Capitol supremacy would drop, drastically.
    Yeah, you know who I am...
  • Answer: yes. would be boring without it, basically exactly like Instant Action.
  • Should they maybe add an online version of instant action then?
  • CdotC wrote: »
    Should they maybe add an online version of instant action then?

It is called capital supremacy
  • bfloo
    16059 posts Member
    Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    If they took it out, the matches would definitely be much shorter, but the capitol ship phase is what makes this mode tick. Without it I'm sure that the players for Capitol supremacy would drop, drastically.

They might go up, the ship phase is not that popular.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I was in a match where we went to the ship 3 times- once the other team and twice with our team. It was nearly an hour long game. I would rather have it to where you had to fly fighters to get into the other capitol ship. Players could fire turbo lasers at the incoming fighters. This was a mode on BF II for PC from years ago.
  • I was in a match where we went to the ship 3 times- once the other team and twice with our team. It was nearly an hour long game. I would rather have it to where you had to fly fighters to get into the other capitol ship. Players could fire turbo lasers at the incoming fighters. This was a mode on BF II for PC from years ago.

That would be amazing. I think that is something we will have to wait for battlefront 3 for.
  • I’d rather they keep the Capital.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget