criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Level/Skill Based Matchmaking.

Words cannot describe how not enjoyable Hero modes can be when I’m stuck carrying 12 year old scrubs who’s only “eliminations” are the assists to my kills and then OH guess what your stuck with them until the teams swap. I get this isn’t exactly a competitive game but after losing 2-3 games in a row while still coming in first place on the leaderboard and not a single teammate is in the top 5 it really takes the fun out of it. Your overall hero level and rank should hold some merit to the matchmaking. Then again some people can be high level and have the intellect of a monkey with brain damage.

Replies

• Its worse in GA when your the best player on your team by 5000 points but you lose in the first round because your team has no idea what the hell they're doing.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • Its worse in GA when your the best player on your team by 5000 points but you lose in the first round because your team has no idea what the hell they're doing.

Totally.

So sick and tired of pub stomps. Matches over in seconds or objectives done in seconds.

If they do nothing else with this game ever
    .. please please please fix the matchmaking.
  • Advanced Warfare tried this. It failed. Players only left the enemies kill them so their K/D downs in order to be put into matches with noobs to crush. Not necessary imo
  • This game really needs something when it comes to matchmaking.

Hidden MMR - at least for smaller modes - is what I would like to see. There’s absolutely no reason my friends and I should be matched up against four players who just got the game, when we all have 2200+ hours played. It’s not fun for us, and I’m pretty sure it’s not fun for them.

My issue with the large modes, is that EOR likes to put the better players on the same team. Whenever I match against competent players, we get put on the same team after a a planet or two. Why would it make sense to put the ~5 highest scoring players from each team onto the same team? Just results in massive steamrolls.
  • Games are very rarely one sided when I play GA. There is the occasional steamroll but for the most part it is somewhat balanced
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Games are very rarely one sided when I play GA. There is the occasional steamroll but for the most part it is somewhat balanced

Wow, where are you playing from dude? I am based in UK and yesterday I played 5 GA matches and 4 were steamrolls.

The matchmaking doesn't seem to work.
  • I've returned to the title after over a year away, and on average despite some balance, it's mostly an unbalanced mess on every mode. (Speaking from PS4).

I want to really experience the maps more. I know CS tends to drag on but in some ways I occasionally prefer that, as it feels more like a "Battlefront".

For the most part I'd say 3 in 5 matches are a matchmaking mess.
  • How can it be level based? Which level would it go by? Player level caps at at 50 and most of us have been there for a while. Should it go by highest level hero? Then max level heroes will never get games.
  • Pre-made vs pre-made and random vs random, would solve a lot of issues.
  • Pre-made vs pre-made and random vs random, would solve a lot of issues.

I don’t think there are enough pre-mades for that, tbh.
  • How can it be level based? Which level would it go by? Player level caps at at 50 and most of us have been there for a while. Should it go by highest level hero? Then max level heroes will never get games.

Maybe they could take an average of your hero (and/or trooper, depending on the mode) levels. And prioritize matching you with players around that same average level. From there, if finding a match would take too long, they can widen the acceptable margin of level differences. Ideally, you would be matched with other players within 100 or so "average levels" of your own.
  • TopGun_15 wrote: »
    Words cannot describe how not enjoyable Hero modes can be when I’m stuck carrying 12 year old scrubs who’s only “eliminations” are the assists to my kills and then OH guess what your stuck with them until the teams swap. I get this isn’t exactly a competitive game but after losing 2-3 games in a row while still coming in first place on the leaderboard and not a single teammate is in the top 5 it really takes the fun out of it. Your overall hero level and rank should hold some merit to the matchmaking. Then again some people can be high level and have the intellect of a monkey with brain damage.

the game is too dead for any skill based matchmaking. I prefer this one than waiting 20 minutes for a "fair" game. This isnt a competitive game.
  • Get into a clan that organises 4v4’s. It’s much more fun.
  • Clan games in HvV are really the only way it works properly. If there was more incentive for competetive HvV i would feel like it would be more funand the most played mode but for times when your jumping into lobbies with randoms by yourself and you join a lobby mid game while your team is down by 10 kills already BUT you still end up first palce on your team and still lose is extremely annoying. My favorite is when the second you get down by 2 or 3 your team mates back out so its a 4 v 2 for 5 minutes. Im just saying majority of those players are lower level so carrying them is so annoying.
  • This game really needs something when it comes to matchmaking.

Hidden MMR - at least for smaller modes - is what I would like to see. There’s absolutely no reason my friends and I should be matched up against four players who just got the game, when we all have 2200+ hours played. It’s not fun for us, and I’m pretty sure it’s not fun for them.

My issue with the large modes, is that EOR likes to put the better players on the same team. Whenever I match against competent players, we get put on the same team after a a planet or two. Why would it make sense to put the ~5 highest scoring players from each team onto the same team? Just results in massive steamrolls.

It is quite busted. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to collect player stats and match results over a large sample size and leverage machine learning to learn how to balance teams. There will always be exceptions, like family members of varying skill sharing an account. But overall it could be done. There is no excuse for complete steamroll matches when you have player performance data sitting at your fingertips.

• They could match make based upon each players highest character. My highest character would be assault at 540. Soooo judging by highest rank match make....but that would be too easy.