criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Capital Supremacy Suggestion: Do we really need a Capital Ship Phase?

Wondering if anyone else agrees that we could do without a capital ship phase in capital supremacy? This extra objective just prolongs the matches. Why not just let the game end when the majority of the capture points are taken over like in the 2005 game? The capital ship map the way it was at launch could then be used as an additional standalone map for the capital supremacy mode.

Replies

• Ship phase is just GA 1.5.

I don’t play CS because of that. I would play CS if it was just the ground phase.
  • You want to take the Capital out of Capital Supremacy?
    Your hope has blinded you.

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

• polarition wrote: »
    You want to take the Capital out of Capital Supremacy?

Considering how they can't even balance the ship phase properly yes they should.
    You want to take the Capital out of Capital Supremacy?

Considering how they can't even balance the ship phase properly yes they should.

It's balanced.

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

• Yes we need it ... it is awesome!

What a silly question ;b
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    The ship part isn't as much the issue as going back and forth 5 times +.

I usually quit after the 2nd.

I haven't finished a match of cs in months.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• CdotC wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone else agrees that we could do without a capital ship phase in capital supremacy? This extra objective just prolongs the matches. Why not just let the game end when the majority of the capture points are taken over like in the 2005 game? The capital ship map the way it was at launch could then be used as an additional standalone map for the capital supremacy mode.

Says a lot for the game mode that people that are supposed to enjoy playing it just want it to end 😂😂
  • Conquest is what people wanted. It's what I want.

I don't want to play Capital supremacy because of those damn ships.

All DICE has to do is remove the ship aspect and reduce ticket gain by half and then you have a great mode.
    4tuyiuh1gd3g.png
  • I wish CS was only the ground phase and the ship phase was added to strike.
  • Yes, we need the ship phase. It is the icing on the cake. If I wanted to play regular conquest I would dust off my old 2005 gaming PC.
  • I wish CS was only the ground phase and the ship phase was added to strike.

Indeed. And then make a proper large scale mode with infantry, starfighters and ground to air objectives with
  • PGombi wrote: »
    Yes, we need the ship phase. It is the icing on the cake. If I wanted to play regular conquest I would dust off my old 2005 gaming PC.

Why would you not want the best Battlefront game mode ever created updated and improved upon further with current graphics and content?
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Ship phase is a gimmick meant to trick people into thinking there's actually "capital ship combat" in this game

and what's worse is some people fell for it

Right. People kept asking for a mode where we could "board capital ships." This was given to us. I don't mind it, but DICE can't seem to produce a seamless mode that integrates ground and space/aerial combat without transitional cut-scenes.
  • PGombi wrote: »
    Yes, we need the ship phase. It is the icing on the cake. If I wanted to play regular conquest I would dust off my old 2005 gaming PC.

Why would you not want the best Battlefront game mode ever created updated and improved upon further with current graphics and content?

It was updated - by adding the ship phase.
    In BF2015 some of the most fun modes were multi stage modes. Battle Station, Sabotage, Infiltration. In my humble opinion Dice should revert CS back to its launch state. The matches were much shorter and faster paced back then, even with going up to and down from the ship several times. 45 minutes were the norm, 1h+ the exception. All the tweaks made in the wake of the Naboo update were meant to be temporary. But Dice had to give in to the conquest only supporters. And that is why CS is the mess we see right now. Matches taking up to 3 hours and maps only half utilized, filled with chokepoints turning a match into a never ending meatgrinder.

Sorry, if this post may offend some and thanks for letting me speak my mind.
  • polarition
    536 posts Member
    edited November 14
    Relmets wrote: »
    Ship phase is a gimmick meant to trick people into thinking there's actually "capital ship combat" in this game

What, for YOU, would be capital ship combat if this isn't it?

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

I think this is a question of interpretation.

What most people asking for capital ship phases/combat meant was that players should be able to board starfighters on the ground and fly themselves to the capital ship, choosing whether or not to attack the capital ship from their starfighter or board the capital ship to attack it from inside as infantry.

What we got was a loose interpretation of the request.

Unfortunately.

What most people asking for capital ship phases/combat meant was that players should be able to board starfighters on the ground and fly themselves to the capital ship, choosing whether or not to attack the capital ship from their starfighter or board the capital ship to attack it from inside as infantry.

Unfortunately.

There wouldn't really be much to do on the outside of a capital ship? Rarely do capital ships attack. It's usually the surrounding ships that do. The more reasonable option would be to actually board the ship itself to destroy it from within which is how they usually did things in TCW.

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

People wanted the capital ships to PLAY A PART in the battle. The whole appeal of capital ships in 2005front was fighting your way to them, boarding them with your dropship raiding party, and wreaking havoc inside the ship while the battle outside is still occurring. The ship is supposed to be part of the playable area on the map as whole, so that attacking it with your teammates becomes a choice with pros+cons that affects the turnout of the battle. Reducing all of this to a mandatory map-shift via a cutscene that is determined by the domination-phase victor completely defeats the entire point
    [+3748 posts]
    polarition wrote: »

Unfortunately.

There wouldn't really be much to do on the outside of a capital ship? Rarely do capital ships attack. It's usually the surrounding ships that do. The more reasonable option would be to actually board the ship itself to destroy it from within which is how they usually did things in TCW.

So there couldn't be weak points on the ships exterior that would need attacking and destroying from starships .. similar to objectives in SA?
  • No both phases are great!

The real problem is that the matchmaking is horrible, people keep quitting out on both sides when the ship phase isn't won on the first go. The last issue keeps causing a lot of problems. People leave and then one side dominates the next ground phase. Then we go to ship phase again and both teams think that it's going to be a slaughter, BUT it doesn't end up being a slaughter at all because by the time the ship phase comes around people have rejoined the game to fill the empty spots and have gained BP on end of ground phase and beginning of ship phase to get reinforcements and the like and the defending sides hold them off. Then the cycle just keeps repeating until one side gets close enough or some people happen to sneak around and finish off the reactors.

You also have the other MAJOR problem, which is that most of the people that play this game now are or more new people keep joining, which is great for the game, but TERRIBLE for game play. Newbies or braindead zombies don't use all possible entrances to the reactor. They all keep going down the same hallway over and over and over again, which really prolongs the battle. See this happening so often now. I'm the hero and I try to get people to follow me down any one of the other entrances to the reactor and they ignore all the jestering and emotes and still run down the same hallway that is blocked.

Low level people also periodically get the heroes in CS and proceed to go AFK with them, or go off chasing butterflies and AI players rather than lead the charge into battle, which is how the mode is designed. Or camp the hero in the back behind friendlies and don't do anything for a long while.

Unfortunately.

So there couldn't be weak points on the ships exterior that would need attacking and destroying from starships .. similar to objectives in SA?

Yeah, but then that's just SA. We don't really need 2 of the same modes? Just like how we don't really need HS, lol.

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

People wanted the capital ships to PLAY A PART in the battle. The whole appeal of capital ships in 2005front was fighting your way to them, boarding them with your dropship raiding party, and wreaking havoc inside the ship while the battle outside is still occurring. The ship is supposed to be part of the playable area on the map as whole, so that attacking it with your teammates becomes a choice with pros+cons that affects the turnout of the battle. Reducing all of this to a mandatory map-shift via a cutscene that is determined by the domination-phase victor completely defeats the entire point

I mean, but this isn't Battlefront 2005. And, they're not just going to make a copycat game. It's not a HD remake, it's a different game. And, being able to choose whether you're on the ground or in the skies would be a whole different type of problem. Imagine this: 3/4 of your team takes to the sky while some players don't like ship flying so they stay on the ground. They're not playing the objective, they're just chilling. Or what if the entire other team is in the skies? What's the purpose of the ground phase if you can just swap to the skies whenever you want? That's just SA if you spend your whole time up there. Plus, imagine this: what if you keep taking to the skies but the whole team is up there and keeps defeating you so you can't destroy their ship? You're gonna get a longer game than what people are complaining about now.

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

I mean, but this isn't Battlefront 2005. And, they're not just going to make a copycat game. It's not a HD remake, it's a different game. And, being able to choose whether you're on the ground or in the skies would be a whole different type of problem. Imagine this: 3/4 of your team takes to the sky while some players don't like ship flying so they stay on the ground. They're not playing the objective, they're just chilling. Or what if the entire other team is in the skies? What's the purpose of the ground phase if you can just swap to the skies whenever you want? That's just SA if you spend your whole time up there. Plus, imagine this: what if you keep taking to the skies but the whole team is up there and keeps defeating you so you can't destroy their ship? You're gonna get a longer game than what people are complaining about now.

There's no point to your wall of conjecture. I wasn't proposing a fleshed out alternative to the capital ship phase, I was demonstrating to you how fundamentally it misses the mark.

Right. People kept asking for a mode where we could "board capital ships." This was given to us. I don't mind it, but DICE can't seem to produce a seamless mode that integrates ground and space/aerial combat without transitional cut-scenes.

People can like the ship phase but they shouldn't pretend it's something it's not
    [+3748 posts]
  • TheUltimateHope
    1350 posts Member
    edited November 14
    Remove Ship Phase, here you have Supremacy, what we asked for, almost the same as last game, and all eras can take benefits of it.

But of course, with this playerbase and more importantly with this development team and their bias towards a specific era we aren't getting any of that, more ressources will be wasted into trying to tweak an unfixable phase (just like the horrendous state of GA since launch).

There's no point to your wall of conjecture. I wasn't proposing a fleshed out alternative to the capital ship phase, I was demonstrating to you how fundamentally it misses the mark.

People can like the ship phase but they shouldn't pretend it's something it's not

Did... you ignore the part where you said that people wanted to be able to fly and attack the outside of the ship...? What??

rgs8ff70lkh9.gif

Did... you ignore the part where you said that people wanted to be able to fly and attack the outside of the ship...? What??

Not sure what you're on about, I was talking about boarding. That being said it's all the same principally. Again you don't understand that I'm not bringing those things up to say that the mode needed to be a carbon copy of 2005front. Just that a cutscene which shifts the match to a GA minigame is not what the appeal of capital ship combat was.
    [+3748 posts]
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member

Not sure what you're on about, I was talking about boarding. That being said it's all the same principally. Again you don't understand that I'm not bringing those things up to say that the mode needed to be a carbon copy of 2005front. Just that a cutscene which shifts the match to a GA minigame is not what the appeal of capital ship combat was.

It was the opposite of what we wanted. We were hoping for titan mode...

h846398gb27k.png

• What capital supremacy was supposed to be was like the battlefront 3 legacy mod made for the 2005 game. See video

Unfortunately.

Yeah, but then that's just SA. We don't really need 2 of the same modes? Just like how we don't really need HS, lol.

Well it would be just SA because as a team you woudl need to:

Capture command points on the ground

Weaken ship exterior in star fighters/or surface to air attacks (ION turrets, ION Rocket etc) to destroy it

or

Plant explosives inside capital ship to destroy it.

To me that is an awesome mode, incorporating the best of all modes in one match ... perfect.. surely?

• Would anyone else have been fine if they copy and pasted the old Conquest and Space battles with the destroyable Capital ships from 2005. Like Give the game modes the graphics and stuff but other than that they would play just the same? I honestly would love that
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • IXPrometheusXI I would have been fine with that too. Don't promise me ground to space battles then give me a cut scene transisition.
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    Would anyone else have been fine if they copy and pasted the old Conquest and Space battles with the destroyable Capital ships from 2005. Like Give the game modes the graphics and stuff but other than that they would play just the same? I honestly would love that

It wouldn't be ideal, but would be better than what we got.

h846398gb27k.png

• CdotC wrote: »

• I’d rather they revert the ship phase to how it used to be at launch, and keep the Capital in Capital Supremacy.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • pffworkwpyj5.gif

RIP Rodney.

CS is just a badly designed mode. Over hyped and underwhelming. Another Dice fk up.
  • Yes. I think we need the ship phase. However, the ground phase needs to be quicker.
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    Yes. I think we need the ship phase. However, the ground phase needs to be quicker.

The ground phase isn't the issue, it is going back and forth playing the same map over and over and over...

h846398gb27k.png

• I loved the ship phases when they were first released, they have changed them so many times and it is just not fun at all anymore on the ships. Now they have changed the ships I honestly don’t care about CS anymore, so they can do whatever they want to. Unless they bring back ships from the modes launch, i am not interested in CS.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Yes. I think we need the ship phase. However, the ground phase needs to be quicker.

The ground phase isn't the issue, it is going back and forth playing the same map over and over and over...

The game is designed to return to the ground repeatedly when there isn’t a victory in phase 2 but when the ground phase takes about a half hour to complete, it causes the game to take forever.
  • definitly. the ship phase is way better than the ground phase imo. because the ground phase is tiresome and filled with bots that are terrible.
    bots are just awful , farm them
    As a hero if u low on health go to bots kill them, health ful
    just farm bots
    GREAT
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

The game is designed to return to the ground repeatedly when there isn’t a victory in phase 2 but when the ground phase takes about a half hour to complete, it causes the game to take forever.

That doesn't make the design good

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

That doesn't make the design good

Agreed. The map is not balanced and really not fun to play as the droids. I’d like to see some changes to give the droids a shot. Less tanks or make it easier to destroy them.
  • SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    edited November 18
    mnxqw7i0fffi.jpg
    blh4s69nnqt8.jpg
    da2t0b9yq0ps.jpg
    wjbndsbo7v0q.jpg
    r4ce71a4pkrq.jpg
  • I hate to repeat myself, but Dice should revert the mode back to its launch state. It was much more enjoyable to play CS back then. Now in parts it has become stale and boring.