criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Delete the “comment needs approval” feature

Nobody profits from it. Please delete it. It is especially infuriating when you just wrote a long text or just want to correct auto correct mistakes.

Replies

• Plus they never approve anyway, they just let it sit. I’ve lost a lot of threads, (some of them super long concept ones) to this.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4994 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Plus they never approve anyway, they just let it sit. I’ve lost a lot of threads, (some of them super long concept ones) to this.

That's not true. We check the spam filter daily and approve all comments that do not violate the rules.

CC_1010 wrote: »
    Nobody profits from it. Please delete it. It is especially infuriating when you just wrote a long text or just want to correct auto correct mistakes.

I also doubt that it's possible to remove this feature as this is the only way to prevent spamming and advertisement from spam bots or users.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • It is really annoying though.
  • I had a comment last week that didn't get approved and definitely didn't break any rules.
  • Plus they never approve anyway, they just let it sit. I’ve lost a lot of threads, (some of them super long concept ones) to this.

That's not true. We check the spam filter daily and approve all comments that do not violate the rules.

I also doubt that it's possible to remove this feature as this is the only way to prevent spamming and advertisement from spam bots or users.
    Maybe alter the algorithm then to make it not trigger so often on edits or something. Better yet allow veteran forum members to get a free pass for approvals, people who have been here for years know the rules and such.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • IIPrest0nII
    4994 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited November 2019
    We usually mark user profiles as verified so the spam filter doesn’t bother them if they are long time users, but if they violate the rules we remove or don’t give this verification.

Plus they never approve anyway, they just let it sit. I’ve lost a lot of threads, (some of them super long concept ones) to this.

Maybe alter the algorithm then to make it not trigger so often on edits or something. Better yet allow veteran forum members to get a free pass for approvals, people who have been here for years know the rules and such.

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator