criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why Jedi: Fallen Order won't make me stop playing SWBF2

Replies

• polarition wrote: »

Wait, does that mean you didn't play the Campaign of BF2? Lol

1350+ hours in the game... this as far as I got with the campaign.

5aFAB5B.png

At this stage, I don’t blame you. The campaign plays completely differently to the MP mechanics wise, it is like an utterly different game (a worse one at that)
  • DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    For what it is worth. I don't own the game and haven't played it.

Will be playing Battlefront II for the time being. Much more a multiplayer person.

Well if you're a star wars fan I highly recommend it.

On the topic of rancors
    I'm just annoyed that there wasn't a single rancor. The alpha Nydak should have been a young Rancor instead

I agree with this spoiler.

Made me so sad

Will be playing Battlefront II for the time being. Much more a multiplayer person.

On the topic of rancors
    I'm just annoyed that there wasn't a single rancor. The alpha Nydak should have been a young Rancor instead
    I'm loving my indigo lightsaber tho. Should beat it tonight or tomorrow I think

Oh my god
    I'm glad they kept Yellow, Orange, and Magenta canon, and even made more colors canon than what previously existed. Never seen Indigo and Cyan on a lightsaber but they're gorgeous.

I use Cyan

There have been a few times this game has made me giggle like a little child.I'm really glad I got it and I'll definitely be playing through it at least one or two more times.

My favorite thing about it is that I've always wanted a game where you play as a normal Jedi, albeit still a pretty powerful one. One that isn't made to be this unstoppable guy.

I got tired of playing SW games where you end up finding out you were the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy (KOTOR) or the super apprentice with no explanation whatsoever (Force Unleashed) when I was younger.

I love that this game is more grounded. Spoiler for anyone that hasn't completed Dathomir: A former
    Jedi Master Taren Malicos is actually a threat that requires two Force users to take him down together

And Final ending Spoiler: don't click unless you completed the game
    Vader is utterly untouchable

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• I just finished the game and... I don't agree, but I also can't disagree completely.

Honestly, I feel a little disappointed, I was expecting something else. I disagree regardind the combats, it's one of the things I liked the most and I basically never used the locking system. The lighstaber fights are awesome. I also thought it was visually great and the story is well written, liked all the characters (though I agree I don't like Cal's face, I wished you could customize it, and Cere has some huge ET bug eyes that are kind of disturbing...) and the ending with Vader was really cool.

However, it wasn't the game I thought. It wasn't that "starwarsy". Taking out the troopers or the lightsaber makes it kind of a generic platform game, I mean it could have been a Donkey Kong in 3D, a Tomb Raider, partially an Assassin's Creed. I had to follow a precise path, resolving puzzles in order to keep going and that's kind of boring in the long run. Plus I was expecting a real open world, where I could go to a planet and visit at least part of it, go to Coruscant and bump into some former politicians or bounty-hunters, or go to Mos Eisley and have a drink at the cantina (and maybe have some side-quests), take my time to visit and meet characters....but not really, you even go into some known planets and basically see very few SW related things/creatures/characters. And there are certainly bugs.

Overall, well made but I didn't have that SW feeling I was expecting

polarition wrote: »

On the topic of rancors

Rancors are only indigenous to specific planets.

Umm, they're endemic to Dathomir dawg 😂

As pets, basically? That'd change the purpose of the Alpha Nydak and change the plot lol

No? Rancors are completely native to Dathomir. That's always been their home planet as a species.

There was no purpose for a Nydak. I've never even heard of them before J:FO. Rancors evolved there

Since Disney AND the older stuff

What? I'm pretty sure their home planet was Felucia?

Since when? I admit I know nothing about what Disney changed, but Dathomir was their home pre Disney. Now unless Disney changed it, they originated on Dathomir

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rancor

Unless it's wrong, this still says its their home planet

I mean, I just looked at the official Star Wars website to double check and it doesn't even mention them inhabiting Dathomir.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/rancor
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • For what it is worth. I don't own the game and haven't played it.

On the topic of rancors

I agree with this spoiler.

Made me so sad

On the topic of rancors
    I'm loving my indigo lightsaber tho. Should beat it tonight or tomorrow I think

Oh my god
    I'm glad they kept Yellow, Orange, and Magenta canon, and even made more colors canon than what previously existed. Never seen Indigo and Cyan on a lightsaber but they're gorgeous.

I use Cyan

There have been a few times this game has made me giggle like a little child.I'm really glad I got it and I'll definitely be playing through it at least one or two more times.

I fully expected the ending the happen the way it did since I tend to know A LOT about who, what, when, where and why events happened in Star Wars. But I still got super excited lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors

As pets, basically? That'd change the purpose of the Alpha Nydak and change the plot lol

No? Rancors are completely native to Dathomir. That's always been their home planet as a species.

There was no purpose for a Nydak. I've never even heard of them before J:FO. Rancors evolved there

Since when? I admit I know nothing about what Disney changed, but Dathomir was their home pre Disney. Now unless Disney changed it, they originated on Dathomir

I mean, I just looked at the official Star Wars website to double check and it doesn't even mention them inhabiting Dathomir.

Yeah I checked the same thing and was a little confused. Although it doesn't mention them inhabiting Dathomir, it doesn't have any mention of what they inhabit in canon besides a brief mention of settlers having "problems" with rancors (Specifically the Jungle species that looks like a giant turtle) on Felucia.

For that matter they could be native to Tatooine in canon for all they state. Unless someone on these forums can confirm with a Star Wars: Creature guide or something, I will be deferring to the Wooki

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

On the topic of rancors

Yeah I checked the same thing and was a little confused. Although it doesn't mention them inhabiting Dathomir, it doesn't have any mention of what they inhabit in canon besides a brief mention of settlers having "problems" with rancors (Specifically the Jungle species that looks like a giant turtle) on Felucia.

For that matter they could be native to Tatooine in canon for all they state. Unless someone on these forums can confirm with a Star Wars: Creature guide or something, I will be deferring to the Wooki

I mean, I'm also basing my knowledge on non-canon aspects of Star Wars at this point. I was specifically thinking of how there were a ton on Felucia in Force Unleashed. But, they could've just as easily come from Dathomir as well, lol. I'll admit, my knowledge on Star Wars wildlife origins aren't as good as they should be.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Why would a story based game that you'd likely only play through once cause you to stop playing BF2 anyway? I plan to play an hour or so per week until I finish it, and then I will give it to my brother.

On the topic of rancors

I mean, I'm also basing my knowledge on non-canon aspects of Star Wars at this point. I was specifically thinking of how there were a ton on Felucia in Force Unleashed. But, they could've just as easily come from Dathomir as well, lol. I'll admit, my knowledge on Star Wars wildlife origins aren't as good as they should be.

As a lover of Rancors since I first laid eyes upon them, I knew their origin in the old SW has always been Dathomir. The ones on Felucia were brought there afaik same as the ones on Lehon in kotor. I had a book that said they were native to the planet. Dathomir actually existed for a long time before finally being shown on a screen in Clone Wars

On the topic of rancors

As a lover of Rancors since I first laid eyes upon them, I knew their origin in the old SW has always been Dathomir. The ones on Felucia were brought there afaik same as the ones on Lehon in kotor. I had a book that said they were native to the planet. Dathomir actually existed for a long time before finally being shown on a screen in Clone Wars

Well, I shall go with your knowledge on the matter seeing that you are the Rancor expert lol Dathomir, it is.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors

Well, I shall go with your knowledge on the matter seeing that you are the Rancor expert lol Dathomir, it is.

Yup 😂 but keep in mind, only the old lore. Disney possibly changed this; I hope they didn't but I fear otherwise:

Seeing as how the bestiaries in Jedi Fallen Order state the Nydak has "no natural predators" besides the "Gorgara" though . . . I'd bet they are trying to remove Dathomir as the original rancor home planet.

Unless Jedi Fallen Order's bestiary made a big mistake, or perhaps Nydaks are able to avoid Rancors because they are quicker, that doesn't sound very promising. Rancors should be the apex predator of Dathomir if it is still their home planet; They're as large as the Gorgara owl monster thing that you fight, and it doesn't really add up

Smh if Disney changed Rancors I swear🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

On the topic of rancors

Yup 😂 but keep in mind, only the old lore. Disney possibly changed this; I hope they didn't but I fear otherwise:

Seeing as how the bestiaries in Jedi Fallen Order state the Nydak has "no natural predators" besides the "Gorgara" though . . . I'd bet they are trying to remove Dathomir as the original rancor home planet.

Unless Jedi Fallen Order's bestiary made a big mistake, or perhaps Nydaks are able to avoid Rancors because they are quicker, that doesn't sound very promising. Rancors should be the apex predator of Dathomir if it is still their home planet; They're as large as the Gorgara owl monster thing that you fight, and it doesn't really add up

Lol,
    there's no way they were bigger than that Gorgara. Keep in mind, a Rancor fit in Jabba's dungeon. That Gorgara would not have at all.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors

Lol,
    there's no way they were bigger than that Gorgara. Keep in mind, a Rancor fit in Jabba's dungeon. That Gorgara would not have at all.

Idk chief. Jabba's Rancor was a super malnourished rancor that seemed to be about 10 meters tops. Dathomir Rancors can grow to up 20 meters naturally. Just look at the Bull Rancor in Force Unleashed for reference:

gbqgl1oitosd.jpg

pz90e7x4ptje.jpg

Hard to tell, but you sure you think the Gorgara is bigger than 20 meters aside from some extra bit of wingspan? Doesn't seem like it could take a Dathomir Rancor out to me, especially since it's more of a bird with a bird beak than a jaw

• I think a 65 foot Dathomir Rancor would eat the Gorgara tbh

• I just finished the game and... I don't agree, but I also can't disagree completely.

Honestly, I feel a little disappointed, I was expecting something else. I disagree regardind the combats, it's one of the things I liked the most and I basically never used the locking system. The lighstaber fights are awesome. I also thought it was visually great and the story is well written, liked all the characters (though I agree I don't like Cal's face, I wished you could customize it, and Cere has some huge ET bug eyes that are kind of disturbing...) and the ending with Vader was really cool.

However, it wasn't the game I thought. It wasn't that "starwarsy". Taking out the troopers or the lightsaber makes it kind of a generic platform game, I mean it could have been a Donkey Kong in 3D, a Tomb Raider, partially an Assassin's Creed. I had to follow a precise path, resolving puzzles in order to keep going and that's kind of boring in the long run. Plus I was expecting a real open world, where I could go to a planet and visit at least part of it, go to Coruscant and bump into some former politicians or bounty-hunters, or go to Mos Eisley and have a drink at the cantina (and maybe have some side-quests), take my time to visit and meet characters....but not really, you even go into some known planets and basically see very few SW related things/creatures/characters. And there are certainly bugs.

Overall, well made but I didn't have that SW feeling I was expecting

My only real gripe was the fact that we didn’t really visit any Star Wars planets besides Dathomir. I was pretty excited at the start of the game where Prauf mentions to Cal that the Tabber who owes Cal a favour was on Nar Shadaa, so (although overused as a planet) I was hoping we would go there. The thing that makes it slightly worse as well is that there are only 7 planets in the game and 2 are non-explorable. I am hoping for DLC that takes us to recognisable or known Star Wars planets. Other than that, the game is pretty awesome
  • Fallen order is a single player game with no online once you've completed it your done you move on. So I don't see why you would stop playing a multiplayer game for good just because of a single player game
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Fallen order is a single player game with no online once you've completed it your done you move on. So I don't see why you would stop playing a multiplayer game for good just because of a single player game

Cause you gotta get all them ponchos my guy

• I was excited about it and pre-ordered. I played through it for about 2 hours the night that it unlocked and I'm really struggling to load up the game again. I just can't bring myself to do it because it's full of tedium.

I completely agree with you that it doesn't even feel like a Star wars game. It feels like a completely different game with some Star wars skins.
  • Theres a character in the game I noticed that uses Obi-Wan from BF2 head sculpt, aged it and turned into a character. So that's something to look for.
  • Completely disagree with the op. I've only played about 8 hours but so far I'm loving the game. I'll definitely be back on Battlefront 2 when I'm done but it's a nice break. The Dathomir complaint made me laugh because all you have to do is go a little further and you'll find a lot more than spiders and wildlife. Also that early on Dathomir is pretty tough. Better to go back later. I admit there are times I've been frustrated but I pretty much get frustrated playing most games, especially BF2. The game is definitely worth checking out. Great story and fun and challenging gameplay.
    I did have the issue where he failed to grab onto vines to climb. I also learned that once you jump, you're supposed to wait for him to automatically grab on and then press the climb button instead of frantically spamming the climb button cause it not to trigger in time.

Have you changed your controls at all? If so, make sure 'Pull' and 'Climb' are mapped to the same button. Could be the cause of the problem.
    I did have the issue where he failed to grab onto vines to climb. I also learned that once you jump, you're supposed to wait for him to automatically grab on and then press the climb button instead of frantically spamming the climb button cause it not to trigger in time.

Have you changed your controls at all? If so, make sure 'Pull' and 'Climb' are mapped to the same button. Could be the cause of the problem.

Yep. I changed some of the controls. It's fine though, it works now. Just at first I didn't understand how to grab onto things in time.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Yep. I changed some of the controls. It's fine though, it works now. Just at first I didn't understand how to grab onto things in time.

My controls are similar to BF2 controls. that's how I mapped the buttons. Was a lot more fun this way.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• IXPrometheusXI
    1846 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When
    Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.
    Post edited by IXPrometheusXI on

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• DarthLando
    1816 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    What are spoilers, maaaaaaaaan
    Post edited by DarthLando on
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    secrets .

Yea you gotta hide that stuff. No one likes a spoiler
    Post edited by OoiiHooked_22 on
  • I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

poor form dude
  • IXPrometheusXI
    1846 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

poor form dude
    I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

DarthLando wrote: »

What are spoilers

I feel awful now. I hope I didn't spoil it for you nice people :(

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

poor form dude

DarthLando wrote: »

What are spoilers

I feel awful now. I hope I didn't spoil it for you nice people :(

Well Im about 50% complete so didn't know. Having said that I had kind of guessed it would be ridiculous not to include certain things in the game considering the time it is set so don't worry dude... just remember for next time ;)
  • Simple for me....have almost no interest in games that don't have a multiplayer component.

I know that's terrible to say but I'm just not interested in playing a game by myself, beating it in 10-15 hours or whatever, and then never playing it again. That's just not worth my money and they never have replay value.

The Uncharted series is a great example of a game that did both well. Great single player adventure, and fun mulitplayer. In each of those games I probably spent over a thousand hours playing the multiplayers....Just immerse fun. But I spent about 15 hours playing each of their single players.

It's why I've loved these Star Wars Battlefront games. It's fun messing around online, playing in parties and playing different game modes while unlocking stuff, leveling up or whatever. Way more fun than beating a mindless AI in a single player offline game.

So when I saw Fallen Order had no multiplayer, it was an immediate no to me.
  • DAMN

AND they quoted it several times over 😂😂😂

k1073jnsqknx.gif

• I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When
    Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

Jedi: Fallen Order Ending spoilers below (not that it matters with all the quotes 😒)

It actually did play
    a few soft notes of the slow version of Imperial March when Vader appeared though, only when it showed his helmet up close. The actual Imperial March would've ruined the atmosphere imo.

And instead while you're escaping from him, it plays Anakin's dark deeds which set a more dramatic tone than a pompous Imperial March. Made it feel hopeless against him. Pompous music would only work if it was an actual boss battle. But since Cal couldn't hope to fight him .. 😂

• DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Yea I didn’t even think about that 😂. I have added the dark side of spoilers 😭😭😭
  • DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Yea I didn’t even think about that 😂. I have added the dark side of spoilers 😭😭😭

All those poor people that clicked on this topic that haven't finished the game 😂.

Also @DarthLando and @Moojammin_10 in case you don't wanna ruin someone else's day lol

• DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

All those poor people that clicked on this topic that haven't finished the game 😂.

Also @DarthLando and @Moojammin_10 in case you don't wanna ruin someone else's day lol

I mean, to be honest... if you click a discussion that's specifically talking about the game you haven't finished yet you should've known SOMETHING was going to get spoiled lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

I mean, to be honest... if you click a discussion that's specifically talking about the game you haven't finished yet you should've known SOMETHING was going to get spoiled lol

Fair enough lol

off topic It's already official that Baby Yoda doesn't fall under spoilerization lol

• I haven't finished the game yet but I honestly had that spoiled for me the same day it came out cuz I went on Facebook like an *****.
  • I haven't finished the game yet but I honestly had that spoiled for me the same day it came out cuz I went on Facebook like an *****.

Personally I don't care about spoilers, because it's not what happens, but how it happens, that I am interested in

FO end spoiler:
    Hearing
    Vader was in the game
    just made me more hyped to finish it early and see what happens. I spoilered myself on purpose by clicking on some spoiler articles

Personally I don't care about spoilers, because it's not what happens, but how it happens, that I am interested in

FO end spoiler:
    Hearing
    Vader was in the game
    just made me more hyped to finish it early and see what happens. I spoilered myself on purpose by clicking on some spoiler articles

Right now I'm stuck on
    taron malicos. I've tried 20 times. **** This guy

FO end spoiler:
    Hearing
    Vader was in the game

Right now I'm stuck on

DUUUDE best fight in the game. I love that part. I only died to
    Malicos
    once on Jedi Master lol. Guess I got lucky

I could stream it if you want. This time I'm trying the game on Grandmaster. My Grandmaster Cal Kestis is just getting Force Pull. Should be doing that fight soon again, depending on how long it takes me to remember where the chests are

• Thanks for all these different points of view and input gang. Looks swell I'll defintely pick it up used in a month or two. 60 bucks is steep for a game that has little replay value. See you on the battlefront
  • Honestly best fight in the game though. That setting is so awesome. And the enemy is awesome.
    And the little Nightsister friend is awesome. She actually saved me from dying by hitting him with a spell right when I got knocked by mistake once lol. Thought that was cool

• freshseth83
    835 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    If ---- wasn't in the game, I don't think it would be half of what it is. And sad too that said character basically only makes a brief cameo.

If the game was an open world type of game where more choices were available, and consequences or rewards came of those choices, it would be more appealing to me. I despise linear games in single player type games. Some can be good, but at least theres some type of progression in this game. Cal can get stronger and all that. But it lacks replayability, it's kinda low on content, there's limited stages or worlds, the combat is kinda rinse and repeat etc. I tried to like it, but I'm not interested in the story, or lack thereof and I'm not buying another EA product until I know for sure that it's worth it. I can't justify 60 bucks for this game. If DLC comes around and there's more missions or more planets or something of the like, I might change my mind. But that's just me. Not telling anyone else to miss it or to buy it. Make your own decision.
  • If ---- wasn't in the game, I don't think it would be half of what it is. And sad too that said character basically only makes a brief cameo.

Yeah I think its really cool they added Kylo Ren to the game though

Oops spoilers

DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Fair enough lol

off topic It's already official that Baby Yoda doesn't fall under spoilerization lol

Are you referring to my Baby Yoda discussion thread?
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
    DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Fair enough lol

Nah, your topic needs no spoilers. Disney confirmed its official Baby Yoda is fair to discuss
    https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2019/11/18/20970783/star-wars-mandalorian-spoilers-baby-yoda-disney-plus-spoiler-culture
    https://weeklyreviewer.com/disney-made-it-official-we-can-discuss-baby-yoda-in-the-mandalorian/
    https://gogame.com/2019/11/polygon-disney-made-it-official-we-can-discuss-baby-yoda-in-the-mandalorian/

Found a bunch of headlines lol

FO end spoiler:
    Hearing
    Vader was in the game

Right now I'm stuck on

DUUUDE best fight in the game. I love that part. I only died to
    Malicos
    once on Jedi Master lol. Guess I got lucky

I could stream it if you want. This time I'm trying the game on Grandmaster. My Grandmaster Cal Kestis is just getting Force Pull. Should be doing that fight soon again, depending on how long it takes me to remember where the chests are

God it's so effing hard lol
    DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Fair enough lol

Nah, your topic needs no spoilers. Disney confirmed its official Baby Yoda is fair to discuss
    https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2019/11/18/20970783/star-wars-mandalorian-spoilers-baby-yoda-disney-plus-spoiler-culture
    https://weeklyreviewer.com/disney-made-it-official-we-can-discuss-baby-yoda-in-the-mandalorian/
    https://gogame.com/2019/11/polygon-disney-made-it-official-we-can-discuss-baby-yoda-in-the-mandalorian/

Yeah, but I meant why were you mentioning it? Lol. I didn't understand if you were telling me cause I put spoiler tags in some of my Baby Yoda discussions or if someone mentioned it here lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
    DAMN

k1073jnsqknx.gif

Fair enough lol

Yeah, but I meant why were you mentioning it? Lol. I didn't understand if you were telling me cause I put spoiler tags in some of my Baby Yoda discussions or if someone mentioned it here lol

Because I'm spoiling the hell out of Baby Yoda existing lol