criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why Jedi: Fallen Order won't make me stop playing SWBF2

Replies

• A ginger kid with a lightsabre in a tomb raider style game is all JFO is. I'll play through it but only because it's a quick time killer and I was gifted a copy. Thank god I didn't pay £54.99 for it. The people defending it deep down must be disappointed with it. I think it's a poor excuse for a single player game, star wars or not. Loads more games out there which are far superior.

yeah .... It's a pretty lame game. Watch the cut scenes on the tube instead. The russian chick was really sweet and the droid was cute.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    without any spoilers.. can anyone help...

I've upgraded to a double bladed light saber... but .. I really really dont like it. I want to go back to a single bladed lightsaber and smaller hilt... can it be done?

Yes. Use the Dpad to switch between sabers. Don't think you can go back to smaller hilt tho.

I think he meant in terms of looks because it's really long lol. In that case, the answer would be no. No matter what in the story you get the double sided lightsaber, I think?

Yea I did.
    Aww that's a bit rubbish. Its weird how much it offends me haha!

It offended me too for a little while. I'm more of a single blade kind of guy, myself. But, there are points in the game where double blade becomes extremely beneficial in a fight. Plus, there's a lot of lightsaber customization so I was able to limit my distaste in its looks.

Thanks dude.

I am just over 50% complete right now so hopefully I get that customization soon.

Double Blade is awesome. I almost always used it. Felt like Darth Maul lol.

Ye I get how some people would love it. Should be a choice though for those of us that don't.
    There is

Oh really? Where is it please?
  • Fallen Order won't stop me from playing Battlefront II because I’ve already completed it, and got the platinum trophy (personal best time).

I didn’t race through it either, I savoured every minute of gameplay and story. Respawn did an excellent job.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • @mastery0ta
    They definitely left it open for a sequel. Probably will depend on how well it sells.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    I finished JFO this Tuesday. Absolutely loved every moment of it! It's left me wanting more :)

I'm about 60% and the only bit I haven't enjoyed so far was the Gorgarra boss fight 😂🤣. Exceeded all expectations so far for me.
  • Dash
    11721 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Fallen Order won't stop me from playing BF2, because Fallen Order DOESN'T WORK. The game either crashes as soon as it starts up (PS4 error code CE-34878-0) or gets stuck loading on the Jedi Order symbol. It did this 50 times at least before I gave up on it. I reinstalled it three times, and even initialized the entire hard drive.

I have no choice but to get a refund. Hats off to those of you who are able to play this mythical game that I paid $70 to preorder. At least you got something for your money and time.

You need a stronger Computer to play it. 😉
    88pilctvzhx5.png
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• EA_Tom wrote: »
    I finished JFO this Tuesday. Absolutely loved every moment of it! It's left me wanting more :)

Couldn't agree more. My first thought when the credits rolled was "wow, can I preorder the sequel now?"
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.

I've upgraded to a double bladed light saber... but .. I really really dont like it. I want to go back to a single bladed lightsaber and smaller hilt... can it be done?

Yes. Use the Dpad to switch between sabers. Don't think you can go back to smaller hilt tho.

I think he meant in terms of looks because it's really long lol. In that case, the answer would be no. No matter what in the story you get the double sided lightsaber, I think?

Yea I did.

It offended me too for a little while. I'm more of a single blade kind of guy, myself. But, there are points in the game where double blade becomes extremely beneficial in a fight. Plus, there's a lot of lightsaber customization so I was able to limit my distaste in its looks.

Thanks dude.

I am just over 50% complete right now so hopefully I get that customization soon.

Ye I get how some people would love it. Should be a choice though for those of us that don't.
    There is

Clicking I think the right d pad on the xbox switches your saber type. If its not that Its one of the other d pad buttons.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Check out this PC mod...hawt😍
    mm050v64wotj.jpg
    mm050v64wotj.jpg

Damnnnnn

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I haven't played Fallen Order and I don't really plan to for multiple reasons but the op's post is hilarious. I get what he means about not liking how Cal looks (all I see when I see Cal is the red head from Shameless so that alone pretty much took me out of the running for picking up this game, I was hoping to create a Jedi) but that doesn't make the game bad, I sat through youtube videos of the game and it looks awesome outside of a few clunky animations. The story looks solid enough that I might pick it up when it goes down in price, It's a EA title too so I'm not in a huge rush to buy it until another month or two.
  • DoctachCJ wrote: »
    I haven't played Fallen Order and I don't really plan to for multiple reasons but the op's post is hilarious. I get what he means about not liking how Cal looks (all I see when I see Cal is the red head from Shameless so that alone pretty much took me out of the running for picking up this game, I was hoping to create a Jedi) but that doesn't make the game bad, I sat through youtube videos of the game and it looks awesome outside of a few clunky animations. The story looks solid enough that I might pick it up when it goes down in price, It's a EA title too so I'm not in a huge rush to buy it until another month or two.

Good post. Good choice waiting a bit. Its a great story and the lightsaber customization is very nice. Great story that left me wanting more.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• @mastery0ta
    They definitely left it open for a sequel. Probably will depend on how well it sells.

Thanks boss good looking out
  • I find it a bit boring. Also why did that big sister just pick Cal up and then throw him off the ledge onto the train? I hate stuff like that in movies and in games. Like in terminator salvation (I know it's an all around bad movie anyway) when the Terminator picks up John Connor and throws him around. Why do directors and game designers make choices like that?? Everyone is just left thinking about how that would never ever happen and the machine would just kill John instead of throw him. Same with the big sister and Cal. She would of just killed him with a lightsaber and not left it to chance by throwing him off a cliff. I mean he's a Jedi after all. A cliff is hardly a death sentence. How many times have we seen Jedi been thrown over ledges and survived?! Anyway, the moment that happened it just annoyed me and I felt the game's storyline was all the worse for it. I know it's a seemingly small thing...but it's also not if you think about the consequences of it.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4650 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I stopped taking you seriously when i read that BF2 has a better lightsaber combat.

Now that’s just funny! 😂
  • I stopped taking you seriously when i read that BF2 has a better lightsaber combat.

It does. Well at least it has the idea of a better lightsaber combat haha.
  • Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly
    Lightsaber lunges are non existent unless you use an ability, so misisng your swings are a normal thing.
    BF2 saber combat is not even close to being fluid like Fallen order. This is not a spamfest game like BF2. It requires precise timings and actual skill.

So yeah stick to BF2.

Ok, you’re going to make me buy this game. I was planning on waiting for a price drop, but you’re checking off a lot of boxes here.
  • I find it a bit boring. Also why did that big sister just pick Cal up and then throw him off the ledge onto the train? I hate stuff like that in movies and in games. Like in terminator salvation (I know it's an all around bad movie anyway) when the Terminator picks up John Connor and throws him around. Why do directors and game designers make choices like that?? Everyone is just left thinking about how that would never ever happen and the machine would just kill John instead of throw him. Same with the big sister and Cal. She would of just killed him with a lightsaber and not left it to chance by throwing him off a cliff. I mean he's a Jedi after all. A cliff is hardly a death sentence. How many times have we seen Jedi been thrown over ledges and survived?! Anyway, the moment that happened it just annoyed me and I felt the game's storyline was all the worse for it. I know it's a seemingly small thing...but it's also not if you think about the consequences of it.

What a huge nitpick, if you actually watch the cutscene, the Ninth Sister holds him over the edge to which Cal tries to slice her with his lightsaber causing her to drop him, she didn’t actually throw him off. I do agree though, I hate it when they actually do do that in games and movies
  • I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

poor form dude
    I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

Yea you gotta hide that stuff. No one likes a spoiler
    DarthLando wrote: »
    I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

What are spoilers

I feel awful now. I hope I didn't spoil it for you nice people :(

Yep, you did. I had purposely avoided information about this game.

Boooo!
  • And for the record, Rancors are 100% indigenous to Dathomir. They were also a commodity, and why you see them on others planets.

What a huge nitpick, if you actually watch the cutscene, the Ninth Sister holds him over the edge to which Cal tries to slice her with his lightsaber causing her to drop him, she didn’t actually throw him off. I do agree though, I hate it when they actually do do that in games and movies

Why hold him at all when he's got a lightsaber?? Why grandstand?! Just kill him! Urgh I hate it. It's nitpicking but man it's literally the difference between having this character alive or dead. So it's a valid nitpick in my opinion.
    mm050v64wotj.jpg

This is the way
  • I have 1 massive gripe with this game though. When Vader comes out they didn't play the Imperial March.

poor form dude

What are spoilers

Boooo!

Yeah well. I fixed it. Blame everyone who replied and never deleted there comments :shrug:

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

poor form dude

What are spoilers

Boooo!

Yeah well. I fixed it. Blame everyone who replied and never deleted there comments :shrug:

It’s alright. I was guessing as much anyway.

poor form dude

What are spoilers

Boooo!

It’s alright. I was guessing as much anyway.

I truly hope you enjoy the rest of the game though! It is a lot of fun! (PS I got it spoiled too and it was still super awesome regardless ;) )

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Fallen order was great. I've gotten the platinum for dark souls 1 2 3 and sekiro. The gameplay can be choppy for fallen order in some moments but this is repawns first attempt at that type of gameplay. And if youre going to insult the actor who played the main character just for how he looks then i dont know what to tell you dude. You sound toxic. The game was good, fighting insects can seem lame sometimes but its part of the universe, better than BF2 with luke fighting mostly bugs. A lot of people liked it and articles claim that its a success for EA in terms of quality gaming is accurate. If you didn't like it then whatever, maybe lower the difficulty to jedi knight so the gameplay doesnt irritate you too much. Games were made to be fun.
  • Unfortunately the more I play this game the more irritated i become. Such a boring and meaningless game. Full of non-related creatures and puzzles that reminds me more of Donkey Kong than Star Wars.

There is nothing epic at all with this game. Just shallow grindy, jump and slash, assembly line boringness. Such a waste of human work hours and computer power.

I really need a restart in my computer life. I think i'm gonna throw away my computer and start reading some Star Wars book instead. Can't be worse than the crap i play at my computer at least.

Why hold him at all when he's got a lightsaber?? Why grandstand?! Just kill him! Urgh I hate it. It's nitpicking but man it's literally the difference between having this character alive or dead. So it's a valid nitpick in my opinion.

Pure arrogance? They are an elite force that hunted Jedis and killed a lot of them. They feel superior to any Jedi because they were former Jedi that have turned to the raw power of the dark side.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Thank you for this post! I think I will wait until JFO is going for 19.99 in Tesco. Or maybe the post-Christmas and New Year sales as it sounds like I can easily wait.
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    Thank you for this post! I think I will wait until JFO is going for 19.99 in Tesco. Or maybe the post-Christmas and New Year sales as it sounds like I can easily wait.

I hope you read all the other comments and not just the ridiculous OP
  • Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly
    Lightsaber lunges are non existent unless you use an ability, so misisng your swings are a normal thing.
    BF2 saber combat is not even close to being fluid like Fallen order. This is not a spamfest game like BF2. It requires precise timings and actual skill.

So yeah stick to BF2.

Ok, you’re going to make me buy this game. I was planning on waiting for a price drop, but you’re checking off a lot of boxes here.

If you get it, i suggest you play it either on Grandmaster or Jedi Master difficulty.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• what even did I just read 620318253138444298.png?v=1

I have had zero issue with the game personally besides running around the map getting mind numbing at times to the point that I need to play something else and getting confused sometimes so I go in circles. also I never even use the lock on so it not working isn't even a issue for me as I never hardly bother with it so wouldn't notice if it works well or not.

games actually challenging on jedi master its pretty fun and the combat is good story and everything else is solid as well there is so much to do with all the stuff you can collect.

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

If you get it, i suggest you play it either on Grandmaster or Jedi Master difficulty.

Grand Master is very challenging. Typically one hit from a charged opponent means half your HP is gone and sometimes even more against big creatures or bosses. It can get really hard sometimes but it’s much more satisfying to play. I’ve seen many gameplay videos only of those who rushed to upload the video and they all played on Story Mode where a hit just takes 1cm of HP. That’s just dumb.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

Grand Master is very challenging. Typically one hit from a charged opponent means half your HP is gone and sometimes even more against big creatures or bosses. It can get really hard sometimes but it’s much more satisfying to play. I’ve seen many gameplay videos only of those who rushed to upload the video and they all played on Story Mode where a hit just takes 1cm of HP. That’s just dumb.

I played on story mode for the story lol. I might go back through on Jedi Master

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

I played on story mode for the story lol. I might go back through on Jedi Master

You didn’t die much, did you?

For me, there were some parts where I spent a few hours trying to get through. That fight at the prison took me a looooong while, probably more than the bosses.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

For me, there were some parts where I spent a few hours trying to get through. That fight at the prison took me a looooong while, probably more than the bosses.

The only time I died was when I had to jump of the stupid Ice slides. Those were infuriating for me lmao. Never died in combat. Beat Mallus on the first try, etc. It was a lot of fun feeling like a god lol

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• anidriX
    1404 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

The only time I died was when I had to jump of the stupid Ice slides. Those were infuriating for me lmao. Never died in combat. Beat Mallus on the first try, etc. It was a lot of fun feeling like a god lol

You mean
    Malicos
    , right?

Yeah, while I still took me some time. The tactic against him is a lot more straightforward even on Grand Master, drain his stamina and roll his attacks, thing with him is that once you take half of his HP, his attack pattern changes and his combos are much longer and more aggressive.
    The attack pattern change after the HP threshold is something present in all villains though, I really liked that.

On another note, did that fight at the prison in combination with the music remind someone of Thor vs Hulk in Thor Ragnarok or was it just me?
    Post edited by anidriX on
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

You mean Malicos, right?

Yeah, while I still took me some time. The tactic against him is a lot more straightforward even on Grand Master, drain his stamina and roll his attacks, thing with him is that once you take half of his HP, his attack pattern changes and his combos are much longer and more aggressive.
    The attack pattern change after the HP threshold is something present in all villains though, I really liked that.

On another note, did that fight at the prison in combination with the music remind someone of Thor vs Hulk in Thor Ragnarok or was it just me?

I dont know who Malicos is so you should put spoiler tags.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

I started on Grand Master and I just had to lower it to Master after all my frustration with:
    Oggdo Bogdo on Bogano. I knew it was optional, I knew I was not supposed to beat him...
    But after trying numerous times to get the timing for parrying right I just gave up. There was no way I was playing the "roll" game I had already played so many times on From Soft games. I wanted it to play more like Sekiro, so the only choice was Master, where the timing is a bit more fogiving.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • @NomiSunstrider

My bad. I figured this thread was a bag of spoilers already.
    TheScape wrote: »
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

I started on Grand Master and I just had to lower it to Master after all my frustration with:
    Oggdo Bogdo on Bogano. I knew it was optional, I knew I was not supposed to beat him...
    But after trying numerous times to get the timing for parrying right I just gave up. There was no way I was playing the "roll" game I had already played so many times on From Soft games. I wanted it to play more like Sekiro, so the only choice was Master, where the timing is a bit more fogiving.

That’s exactly what I did. The timing for parrying is so millimetric that I simply didn’t bother doing it. In fact I didn’t overuse block either because some enemies, especially big creatures and bosses, have a lot of unblockable attacks aside from when they charge up (in red) so I relied entirely on rolling.

@NomiSunstrider

My bad. I figured this thread was a bag of spoilers already.
    TheScape wrote: »
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly

So yeah stick to BF2.

That’s exactly what I did. The timing for parrying is so millimetric that I simply didn’t bother doing it. In fact I didn’t overuse block either because some enemies, especially big creatures and bosses, have a lot of unblockable attacks aside from when they charge up (in red) so I relied entirely on rolling.

Rolling is also very effective since the Empire down graded there blasters to shoot slower

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• zambalex2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is my little unprofessional review of Jedi: Fallen Order, and the reasons why I'll be sticking to SWBF2 for a while.

I got the digital copy after reading all the reviews, and despite all the criticism on horrible saber fights and hitboxes + bugs in the platform parts, I still wanted to play this as its freaking Star Wars.

All I can say is that after 2 hours, I happily turned off my PS4 after uninstalling the game.

Here is everything I didn't like about the game:

- Combat: they are just terrible. The locking system goes on and off for no reason. The camera is not following you properly, making you look at walls when there are 3 enemies behind you. When you are on guard, you have to release the guard button, then wait 2 seconds before trying to swing your lightsaber, It is so slow.... making you get hit all the time. This lightsaber has the hitbox the size of a peanut. I was trying to kill a massive Rhino sized beast and all my swings just went through him without any damage. This, happening on SWBF2, I am sort of used to and can blame it on lag or whatever online issue, but for a solo game? This is unacceptable. You have to block at a precise moment to be effective apparently (and deflect laser shots), but it only works half of the time and thus when it doesn't you get hit and stunned and can't do anything. You hit them with your lightsaber, but either the animation doesn't trigger or the hits do nothing. What a horrible mess. SWBF2 lightsaber is way better, and we all know how much it can still improve. In this game, I am constantly fighting the game mechanic and trying to make it work, rather than playing the game smoothly.

I have never died so many times due to these camera/hitbox issues, and who killed me? Stupid little bugs or worms. WoW. How un-interesting and un-impressive... I only saw Stormtroopers in the 'intro' part of the game and they posed no challenge. The next levels I only encountered stupid bugs and rhinos. Is this a game about chasing wildlife in the Star Wars universe?

- Platform gameplay: also full of bugs. You jump on a vine, press the button to climb, and you just fall. You see a cliff, jump for it, and just fall and die. You see a rope, you jump, but your dude forgets to grab it just falls and dies. Repeat about 50 times in the first 2 hours and you see what I mean. Boring, bugged, absolutely no fun. And this part seems to be about 50% of the game content. Jump on vines, ropes, ledges, climb, jump, climb, wall-run, etc. Is this a parkour game? Assassin's Creed wannabe?

- Characters: who is Cal, what's his story? No idea. He is just a Jedi who survived the Purge and survives in hiding. That's all I know about him and I couldn't care less. I also hate his face. Why can't you let me chose another face? Why does every Alien talk perfect English with a New York accent? That just took the little immersion this game tried to have. It's just so weird. I understand that it is easier to have them talk English rather than make up some Alien language, but come on, these guys are like 'hey y'all, sup Jedi's'? And that girl on the ship, why does she have such huge eyes? All I can focus on when she is on screen are those giant eyes. I don't pay attention to the mission setup or anything they say, I can only see her giant eyes.

In addition, there is no Star Wars feeling to this game. The only thing that reminds me that this is Star Wars is my lightsaber. When are the events taking place? Why am I only fighting wildlife bugs? How am I supposed to choose which planet to go to? Is there a difficulty level for these planets? I just went to Dathomir because I loved that planet in the old Star Wars Galaxy online game, but all I found was death and bugs.

After turning off my PS4, I thought maybe I would feel the urge to re-install it and play it again, but nope. Never happened. When I turn off my PS4 after playing SWBF2, I just want to play it again! Even the solo campaign was fun. Not this game. It's a huge fail and disappointment on my end, and after talking to a few of my friends who got it, they feel the same. They hate the combat, they hate the platform part, and they don't care about the story.

For those of you that did play, what did you think of it?

Should help
  • Just force push everything. Most battles are on some kind of platform or ledge. Wave at your enemies as they fall to their deaths. Saber throw is good when you eventually unlock it. Not a bad short term blast whilst it lasts but I doubt many will play through again unless you did it story mode the first time.

Yea I did.

Thanks dude.

There is

Clicking I think the right d pad on the xbox switches your saber type. If its not that Its one of the other d pad buttons.

Oh ok.. ye that just has one blade or two blades active..

What I want is a one bladed hilt.

The double bladed is just too big and ugly.

Yea I did.

Thanks dude.

There is

Not possible I'm afraid.
  • The answer is simple: you can beat Fallen Order 100% in around 30 hours (all achievements included). Also, is a singleplayer game, so I won't stop playing BFII until a BF3 is released.

LONG LIVE STAR WARS!

Yea I did.

Thanks dude.

There is

Not possible I'm afraid.

Yeah thats a bummer.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• 7/10 for me

The ending was pretty dope tho
    PSN: DarthLando-

Yea I did.

Thanks dude.

There is

Not possible I'm afraid.

Yeah thats a bummer.

@Moojammin_10

Quick tip. It's not exactly what you want but what you can do is choose Passion and Strength as the second emitter to make it look somewhat shorter and give the feel it only has one blade.

My lightsaber:

papomx165usd.png

The same but with Passion and Strength as the second emitter:

7g2f56l9wf5j.png

I made it look the closest I could to Luke's in ROTJ