criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why Jedi: Fallen Order won't make me stop playing SWBF2

12357

Replies

  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    without any spoilers.. can anyone help...

    I've upgraded to a double bladed light saber... but .. I really really dont like it. I want to go back to a single bladed lightsaber and smaller hilt... can it be done?

    Yes. Use the Dpad to switch between sabers. Don't think you can go back to smaller hilt tho.

    I think he meant in terms of looks because it's really long lol. In that case, the answer would be no. No matter what in the story you get the double sided lightsaber, I think?

    Yea I did.
    Aww that's a bit rubbish. Its weird how much it offends me haha!

    It offended me too for a little while. I'm more of a single blade kind of guy, myself. But, there are points in the game where double blade becomes extremely beneficial in a fight. Plus, there's a lot of lightsaber customization so I was able to limit my distaste in its looks.

    Thanks dude.

    I am just over 50% complete right now so hopefully I get that customization soon.

    Double Blade is awesome. I almost always used it. Felt like Darth Maul lol.

    Ye I get how some people would love it. Should be a choice though for those of us that don't.
    There is

    Oh really? Where is it please?

    Clicking I think the right d pad on the xbox switches your saber type. If its not that Its one of the other d pad buttons.

    Oh ok.. ye that just has one blade or two blades active..

    What I want is a one bladed hilt.

    The double bladed is just too big and ugly.

    Not possible I'm afraid.

    Yeah thats a bummer.

    @Moojammin_10

    Quick tip. It's not exactly what you want but what you can do is choose Passion and Strength as the second emitter to make it look somewhat shorter and give the feel it only has one blade.

    My lightsaber:

    papomx165usd.png

    The same but with Passion and Strength as the second emitter:

    7g2f56l9wf5j.png

    I made it look the closest I could to Luke's in ROTJ

    Yeah i made it shorter as well.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Unfortunately the more I play this game the more irritated i become. Such a boring and meaningless game. Full of non-related creatures and puzzles that reminds me more of Donkey Kong than Star Wars.
    So it's a bad thing that they created original content for Star Wars?
    There is nothing epic at all with this game. Just shallow grindy, jump and slash, assembly line boringness. Such a waste of human work hours and computer power.
    There is literally no grinding in this game. If you are playing on Story mode its just a hack n slash, but on any other difficulty that will most certainly get you killed. Also completely disagree that this was a waste of work hours. The game turned out great and is a really un addition to the Star Wars universe.
    I really need a restart in my computer life. I think i'm gonna throw away my computer and start reading some Star Wars book instead. Can't be worse than the crap i play at my computer at least.
    If you're looking for modern, canon books you will likely be disappointed. You seem like a difficult to please individual.
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Dodge works perfectly
    Parry works perfectly
    Lightsaber lunges are non existent unless you use an ability, so misisng your swings are a normal thing.
    BF2 saber combat is not even close to being fluid like Fallen order. This is not a spamfest game like BF2. It requires precise timings and actual skill.

    So yeah stick to BF2.

    Ok, you’re going to make me buy this game. I was planning on waiting for a price drop, but you’re checking off a lot of boxes here.

    If you get it, i suggest you play it either on Grandmaster or Jedi Master difficulty.

    Grand Master is very challenging. Typically one hit from a charged opponent means half your HP is gone and sometimes even more against big creatures or bosses. It can get really hard sometimes but it’s much more satisfying to play. I’ve seen many gameplay videos only of those who rushed to upload the video and they all played on Story Mode where a hit just takes 1cm of HP. That’s just dumb.

    I played on story mode for the story lol. I might go back through on Jedi Master

    You didn’t die much, did you?

    For me, there were some parts where I spent a few hours trying to get through. That fight at the prison took me a looooong while, probably more than the bosses.

    I started on Grand Master and I just had to lower it to Master after all my frustration with:
    Oggdo Bogdo on Bogano. I knew it was optional, I knew I was not supposed to beat him...
    But after trying numerous times to get the timing for parrying right I just gave up. There was no way I was playing the "roll" game I had already played so many times on From Soft games. I wanted it to play more like Sekiro, so the only choice was Master, where the timing is a bit more fogiving.
    you can get above his lair and do the jump and square attack to start the fight, takes off half his health in one hit [\spoiler]
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Really?+?!?! Hahaha
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Peepzilla
    988 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Going to be honest, this game let me down so hard I'm actually playing SWBF2 even MORE now... aka back to the #1 letdown game of my entire life <3
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Why do people think fallen order has better Saber combat? It's got less bugs, sure, but my god it's so slow and clunky. The laser blasts travelling slower than a pitcher in baseball can throw is annoying as well. I was prefer how quick the hero's in bf2 get into their swings and how fast the laser shots are. It's not even as though you need to time anything with those laser blasts in fallen order. You can just keep tapping the block button and it parry's them back anyway. You don't even need to aim to hit the target! They may as well of just gone with the same method bf2 has for blaster deflections.

    If Cal was in a fight with any of the heroes or villains in bf2, he'd be dead before he made his first swing that would take 2 minutes to complete.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Why do people think fallen order has better Saber combat? It's got less bugs, sure, but my god it's so slow and clunky. The laser blasts travelling slower than a pitcher in baseball can throw is annoying as well. I was prefer how quick the hero's in bf2 get into their swings and how fast the laser shots are. It's not even as though you need to time anything with those laser blasts in fallen order. You can just keep tapping the block button and it parry's them back anyway. You don't even need to aim to hit the target! They may as well of just gone with the same method bf2 has for blaster deflections.

    If Cal was in a fight with any of the heroes or villains in bf2, he'd be dead before he made his first swing that would take 2 minutes to complete.

    It is not slow or clunky, it is methodical and deliberate, however, I do agree that the blaster fire should be faster
  • Tombraider with a lightsaber and poor combat/camera system. Game feels unfinished.

    The heart and soul of this game is unfortunately: "go back to the same planets you just spent multiple hours on, re-do half the obstacle courses you JUST DID for another hour, all to discover an unexplored area because you now have a new ability which culminates in getting a new hilt for your lightsaber that looks similar to the one you already have, rinse & repeat."

    Might just watch the cut scenes for the story on YouTube and uninstall. Zero interest in playing it anymore.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Why do people think fallen order has better Saber combat? It's got less bugs, sure, but my god it's so slow and clunky. The laser blasts travelling slower than a pitcher in baseball can throw is annoying as well. I was prefer how quick the hero's in bf2 get into their swings and how fast the laser shots are. It's not even as though you need to time anything with those laser blasts in fallen order. You can just keep tapping the block button and it parry's them back anyway. You don't even need to aim to hit the target! They may as well of just gone with the same method bf2 has for blaster deflections.

    If Cal was in a fight with any of the heroes or villains in bf2, he'd be dead before he made his first swing that would take 2 minutes to complete.

    It is not slow or clunky, it is methodical and deliberate, however, I do agree that the blaster fire should be faster

    Just because it's deliberate doesn't mean it's not slow and clunky compared to bf2.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Why do people think fallen order has better Saber combat? It's got less bugs, sure, but my god it's so slow and clunky. The laser blasts travelling slower than a pitcher in baseball can throw is annoying as well. I was prefer how quick the hero's in bf2 get into their swings and how fast the laser shots are. It's not even as though you need to time anything with those laser blasts in fallen order. You can just keep tapping the block button and it parry's them back anyway. You don't even need to aim to hit the target! They may as well of just gone with the same method bf2 has for blaster deflections.

    If Cal was in a fight with any of the heroes or villains in bf2, he'd be dead before he made his first swing that would take 2 minutes to complete.

    It is not slow or clunky, it is methodical and deliberate, however, I do agree that the blaster fire should be faster

    Just because it's deliberate doesn't mean it's not slow and clunky compared to bf2.

    That's because you are comparing apples and oranges. Any multiplayer game will have a much faster gameplay than a singleplayer one because real players will always be faster and unpredictable than AI. Even then, provided you play on Grand Master difficulty like I did, lightsaber combat is pretty fast, especially with bosses who are much more agressive.
    As for blaster deflection, yes, the bolts should be faster but I still much prefer FO's system where you have to actually parry a bolt in order to deflect it back than to simply aim them back.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I enjoyed it personally. A good solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Star Wars fanbase is so factional though. Comparing the 2 games is hard considering they are different.

    I do find it funny how someone was complaining about bugs on FO (I havent encountered any) and stuttering on PS4 (which they have started fixing in the 2 patches since), yet defends BF2, despite it having new bugs per patch and plenty that have been game breaking :joy: some people need to take off the tinted glasses.

    Or saying BF2 has better lightsaber combat system.

    Why do people think fallen order has better Saber combat? It's got less bugs, sure, but my god it's so slow and clunky. The laser blasts travelling slower than a pitcher in baseball can throw is annoying as well. I was prefer how quick the hero's in bf2 get into their swings and how fast the laser shots are. It's not even as though you need to time anything with those laser blasts in fallen order. You can just keep tapping the block button and it parry's them back anyway. You don't even need to aim to hit the target! They may as well of just gone with the same method bf2 has for blaster deflections.

    If Cal was in a fight with any of the heroes or villains in bf2, he'd be dead before he made his first swing that would take 2 minutes to complete.

    It is not slow or clunky, it is methodical and deliberate, however, I do agree that the blaster fire should be faster

    Just because it's deliberate doesn't mean it's not slow and clunky compared to bf2.

    That's because you are comparing apples and oranges. Any multiplayer game will have a much faster gameplay than a singleplayer one because real players will always be faster and unpredictable than AI. Even then, provided you play on Grand Master difficulty like I did, lightsaber combat is pretty fast, especially with bosses who are much more agressive.
    As for blaster deflection, yes, the bolts should be faster but I still much prefer FO's system where you have to actually parry a bolt in order to deflect it back than to simply aim them back.

    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    I think you're wrong with that multiplayer always being faster than single player A.I.. You seriously believe that the A.I. in bf2 couldn't be made to have their speed turned up so much that it would impossible for a human to win? There is a bug that I get on my Xbox, where if I leave it on for a really long time, for some reason everything is sped up. The home screen character moves extremely fast with the animations. Also the A.I. in custom arcade are somehow also affected, along with my character, so that the whole game mode is sped up by about 3x the speed maybe. It's way harder to play at that level than any of the intended difficulty levels, however it's an example of how fast they can go even by accident. So it was a choice by fallen order to have way slower gameplay in general than BF2 has.

    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    4899 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


  • DarthLando wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    without any spoilers.. can anyone help...

    I've upgraded to a double bladed light saber... but .. I really really dont like it. I want to go back to a single bladed lightsaber and smaller hilt... can it be done?

    Yes. Use the Dpad to switch between sabers. Don't think you can go back to smaller hilt tho.

    I think he meant in terms of looks because it's really long lol. In that case, the answer would be no. No matter what in the story you get the double sided lightsaber, I think?

    Yea I did.
    Aww that's a bit rubbish. Its weird how much it offends me haha!

    It offended me too for a little while. I'm more of a single blade kind of guy, myself. But, there are points in the game where double blade becomes extremely beneficial in a fight. Plus, there's a lot of lightsaber customization so I was able to limit my distaste in its looks.

    Thanks dude.

    I am just over 50% complete right now so hopefully I get that customization soon.

    Double Blade is awesome. I almost always used it. Felt like Darth Maul lol.

    Ye I get how some people would love it. Should be a choice though for those of us that don't.
    There is

    Oh really? Where is it please?

    Clicking I think the right d pad on the xbox switches your saber type. If its not that Its one of the other d pad buttons.

    Oh ok.. ye that just has one blade or two blades active..

    What I want is a one bladed hilt.

    The double bladed is just too big and ugly.

    Ah well tbh that seems like a smol gripe but alas I dont have your answer here
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.

    They're SO expensive!! I still remember I used to be like "I'm gonna get into legos" and then I saw the price for them and I was like... there's no way. That'll bankrupt me. They're like $100 for a small speeder.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.

    Thats why since Im 16 now with no responsibilities except school Im saving up for the 700$ Start Destroyer ;)
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.

    They're SO expensive!! I still remember I used to be like "I'm gonna get into legos" and then I saw the price for them and I was like... there's no way. That'll bankrupt me. They're like $100 for a small speeder.

    The Death Star is like 2 or 3 hundred I think.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.

    Thats why since Im 16 now with no responsibilities except school Im saving up for the 700$ Start Destroyer ;)

    Yikes. That's so expensive. Lol 16. That was 18 years ago for me haha. Good times
  • polarition wrote: »
    Baby Yoda memes of the day
    gycl95vhajhm.jpg

    v62qjw7ebt92.jpg


    Lol I straight up laughed at the second picture

    LOL I was just talking to my buddy the other day about how expensive Star Wars Lego sets are. I probably couldn't have afforded it when I was 25 lol.

    Thats why since Im 16 now with no responsibilities except school Im saving up for the 700$ Start Destroyer ;)

    Yikes. That's so expensive. Lol 16. That was 18 years ago for me haha. Good times

    Lmao amazing
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



  • I beat the game within 5 days, yes I have a full time job lol.
    I enjoyed it quite a bit, unravelling the story was fun, the puzzles were challenging and interesting because they fit the story. I do agree however, they were a bit in excess. I really preferred the actual battles. The fights take some thought. No block and slash, abilities and timing are important.
    I absolutely HATED having to make my way back through the maps. That really ***** me off lol.
    But I would recommend to star wars fans and don't regret spending the money.
    The ending was epic.
  • I give it a 7.5.

    It's not bad, but its basic. I never felt that connected to Cal. It would be a great title to get on sale. Puzzles are nothing compared to the last 2 TRs. Map design left me with no desire to go through sections again. No fast travel.

    I didnt hate it, I just found it very bland. Had some graphics glitches but really minor.

    I liked the second planet the best.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    Well fair enough if the parry ability is actually different in Grand master mode. I never play the hardest difficulty for a game the first time around. Prefer to enjoy the story.

    Yes A.I. can have a pattern and be learnt. It doesn't mean you will be able to put anything you've learnt about them in practice when it comes to fighting against them if the development team actually didn't want you to win. Hence why there are different difficulties in the single player games. The hardest difficulty isn't actually the limit of their capabilities, it's just the chosen setting to make for a fun and engaging experience, yet also accomplishable. That's all beside the point though. That was only a response to you saying a sped up A.I. would not be match for a real life human. I never once actually mentioned A.I..

    In my original post and was only talking about the flow and feel of the chacters movements compared to how the bf2 characters movements feel. I also only mentioned the saber swings and parry movements specifically. So saber swings have little to nothing to do with the A.I.. He takes too long to get into the movements, and he even looks clumsy whilst doing them. Obviously the look of it is intended because he is a noob Jedi. Maybe he even gets better as the game goes on? I don't know, I haven't finished it and upgrade all of his stats. However what I did play, he took a lot longer to get into the movements than the bf2 saber users do. So in that sense, I like bf2 more because those movements are faster. I've already addressed the parry situation...
  • ok guys, i came back to the game after playing only 2 hours. With such mixed feedback - some ppl hate the game, some ppl loved it - i thought it was dumb to not push a bit more a see if you guys were correct.

    Here is what i think after playing until I defeated the Ninth Sister:

    - Combat does get better, especially with extra move actions and some force powers. It also gets better with the human enemies that are smarter. Its just a shame that in the first parts of the game after the tutorial, that first level is a downer, with those damn animals. I didn't enjoy them and didn't enjoy killing those stupid spiders and slugs later on either. I prefered the humans / robots fights much more. I had a really hard time killing the ninth sister. I tried 6 times before having to tune it down to story mode. I did watch videos how to do it, I did learn her patterns, I do have 4 stims, but every time she killed me. I guess I was too impatient in the fight, but it just dragged on forever.. now i am back in normal difficulty, but i just hope the other boss fights aren't as tough as I didn't enjoy spending such a long time dying over and over again just to move along in the story.

    - Puzzles: I guess I am just not a fan of the puzzles part in general. Some were just really tedious, but over all I can live with them.

    - Platform parts: my god this part is frustrating. How many times have I died because stupid Cal didn't grab the rope or the ledge as expected because he was 2cm short after his jump. You just respawn quickly and move, so its fine, but it just stops the game too many times for me and i don't enjoy screaming in despair at my TV 'grab the freaking rope!!'

    - Story: that is the biggest disappointment so far. I am not into it. Maybe its the none scary / none charistmatic Inquisitor. Maybe its the overall quest of going back and forth on worlds to open tombs to see a hologram of the old Jedi... I dunno, I'm just getting no thrills at this point.

    So that's my update so far. I am enjoying it a bit more now that the fights don't suck so much, but the rest of the game (story, platform mainly) is just average and nothing special so far :(
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    ok guys, i came back to the game after playing only 2 hours. With such mixed feedback - some ppl hate the game, some ppl loved it - i thought it was dumb to not push a bit more a see if you guys were correct.

    Here is what i think after playing until I defeated the Ninth Sister:

    - Combat does get better, especially with extra move actions and some force powers. It also gets better with the human enemies that are smarter. Its just a shame that in the first parts of the game after the tutorial, that first level is a downer, with those damn animals. I didn't enjoy them and didn't enjoy killing those stupid spiders and slugs later on either. I prefered the humans / robots fights much more. I had a really hard time killing the ninth sister. I tried 6 times before having to tune it down to story mode. I did watch videos how to do it, I did learn her patterns, I do have 4 stims, but every time she killed me. I guess I was too impatient in the fight, but it just dragged on forever.. now i am back in normal difficulty, but i just hope the other boss fights aren't as tough as I didn't enjoy spending such a long time dying over and over again just to move along in the story.

    - Puzzles: I guess I am just not a fan of the puzzles part in general. Some were just really tedious, but over all I can live with them.

    - Platform parts: my god this part is frustrating. How many times have I died because stupid Cal didn't grab the rope or the ledge as expected because he was 2cm short after his jump. You just respawn quickly and move, so its fine, but it just stops the game too many times for me and i don't enjoy screaming in despair at my TV 'grab the freaking rope!!'

    - Story: that is the biggest disappointment so far. I am not into it. Maybe its the none scary / none charistmatic Inquisitor. Maybe its the overall quest of going back and forth on worlds to open tombs to see a hologram of the old Jedi... I dunno, I'm just getting no thrills at this point.

    So that's my update so far. I am enjoying it a bit more now that the fights don't suck so much, but the rest of the game (story, platform mainly) is just average and nothing special so far :(

    Woah @zambalex2 fix the spoiler my dude.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • NomiSunstrider
    3588 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.

    Did you mean to reply to me? I was saying just that, that the fights get pretty fast, especially with bosses. Even other enemies are pretty fast as well, that dual batton Purge Trooper is insane, parrying those moves can be quite hard. I mean, this game has a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. The lightsaber combat is fantastic, I wish we had something similar in BF2.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.

    Did you mean to reply to me? I was saying just that, that the fights get pretty fast, especially with bosses. Even other enemies are pretty fast as well, that dual batton Purge Trooper is insane, parrying those moves can be quite hard. I mean, this game has a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. The lightsaber combat is fantastic, I wish we had something similar in BF2.

    Taron Malicos was so hard for me lol. I had an easier time with Trilla
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.

    Did you mean to reply to me?

    No the other dude lol i missclicked.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    ok guys, i came back to the game after playing only 2 hours. With such mixed feedback - some ppl hate the game, some ppl loved it - i thought it was dumb to not push a bit more a see if you guys were correct.

    Here is what i think after playing until I defeated the Ninth Sister:

    - Combat does get better, especially with extra move actions and some force powers. It also gets better with the human enemies that are smarter. Its just a shame that in the first parts of the game after the tutorial, that first level is a downer, with those damn animals. I didn't enjoy them and didn't enjoy killing those stupid spiders and slugs later on either. I prefered the humans / robots fights much more. I had a really hard time killing the ninth sister. I tried 6 times before having to tune it down to story mode. I did watch videos how to do it, I did learn her patterns, I do have 4 stims, but every time she killed me. I guess I was too impatient in the fight, but it just dragged on forever.. now i am back in normal difficulty, but i just hope the other boss fights aren't as tough as I didn't enjoy spending such a long time dying over and over again just to move along in the story.

    - Puzzles: I guess I am just not a fan of the puzzles part in general. Some were just really tedious, but over all I can live with them.

    - Platform parts: my god this part is frustrating. How many times have I died because stupid Cal didn't grab the rope or the ledge as expected because he was 2cm short after his jump. You just respawn quickly and move, so its fine, but it just stops the game too many times for me and i don't enjoy screaming in despair at my TV 'grab the freaking rope!!'

    - Story: that is the biggest disappointment so far. I am not into it. Maybe its the none scary / none charistmatic Inquisitor. Maybe its the overall quest of going back and forth on worlds to open tombs to see a hologram of the old Jedi... I dunno, I'm just getting no thrills at this point.

    So that's my update so far. I am enjoying it a bit more now that the fights don't suck so much, but the rest of the game (story, platform mainly) is just average and nothing special so far :(

    It just sounds to me that you aren't really into single-player games. You seem to dislike everything that's characteristic of these types of games: Puzzles, platforming, dying too much to bosses. Boss fights always drag on and if you really had to tone it down to story mode where every hit takes barely a 1cm of your life, that says a lot.

    You can't really expect for the game to go into godmode difficulty on your first planet where you have no moves and people are still learning. There's a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. In fact, you should have noticed that difficulty gap when you went to Dathomir after Bogano instead of goint to Zeffo like the story wants you to. Dathomir is the hardest planet of all. Being that said, many people still suffered with Oggdo Boggdo on Bogano so much to the point it's becoming a meme.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.

    Did you mean to reply to me? I was saying just that, that the fights get pretty fast, especially with bosses. Even other enemies are pretty fast as well, that dual batton Purge Trooper is insane, parrying those moves can be quite hard. I mean, this game has a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. The lightsaber combat is fantastic, I wish we had something similar in BF2.

    Taron Malicos was so hard for me lol. I had an easier time with Trilla

    Funny enough, he is the easiest to decypher. His stamina is easily drainable which leads to dealing him good amounts of damage. The thing with him is that once you reach half his health the jump in intensity and agression feels much greater with him than with any of the other bosses.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    ok guys, i came back to the game after playing only 2 hours. With such mixed feedback - some ppl hate the game, some ppl loved it - i thought it was dumb to not push a bit more a see if you guys were correct.

    Here is what i think after playing until I defeated the Ninth Sister:

    - Combat does get better, especially with extra move actions and some force powers. It also gets better with the human enemies that are smarter. Its just a shame that in the first parts of the game after the tutorial, that first level is a downer, with those damn animals. I didn't enjoy them and didn't enjoy killing those stupid spiders and slugs later on either. I prefered the humans / robots fights much more. I had a really hard time killing the ninth sister. I tried 6 times before having to tune it down to story mode. I did watch videos how to do it, I did learn her patterns, I do have 4 stims, but every time she killed me. I guess I was too impatient in the fight, but it just dragged on forever.. now i am back in normal difficulty, but i just hope the other boss fights aren't as tough as I didn't enjoy spending such a long time dying over and over again just to move along in the story.

    - Puzzles: I guess I am just not a fan of the puzzles part in general. Some were just really tedious, but over all I can live with them.

    - Platform parts: my god this part is frustrating. How many times have I died because stupid Cal didn't grab the rope or the ledge as expected because he was 2cm short after his jump. You just respawn quickly and move, so its fine, but it just stops the game too many times for me and i don't enjoy screaming in despair at my TV 'grab the freaking rope!!'

    - Story: that is the biggest disappointment so far. I am not into it. Maybe its the none scary / none charistmatic Inquisitor. Maybe its the overall quest of going back and forth on worlds to open tombs to see a hologram of the old Jedi... I dunno, I'm just getting no thrills at this point.

    So that's my update so far. I am enjoying it a bit more now that the fights don't suck so much, but the rest of the game (story, platform mainly) is just average and nothing special so far :(

    It just sounds to me that you aren't really into single-player games. You seem to dislike everything that's characteristic of these types of games: Puzzles, platforming, dying too much to bosses. Boss fights always drag on and if you really had to tone it down to story mode where every hit takes barely a 1cm of your life, that says a lot.

    You can't really expect for the game to go into godmode difficulty on your first planet where you have no moves and people are still learning. There's a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. In fact, you should have noticed that difficulty gap when you went to Dathomir after Bogano instead of goint to Zeffo like the story wants you to. Dathomir is the hardest planet of all. Being that said, many people still suffered with Oggdo Boggdo on Bogano so much to the point it's becoming a meme.

    My thoughts exactly and, not that I want to say it, but he just needs to “git gud” I mean, lowering the difficulty to Story Mode for 1 of the Bosses? He just can’t be good at the game. Personally, the Ninth Sister was one of the easiest Bosses to beat for me (I didn’t die once to her)
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges? Haha dude I'm comparing 2 video games, both of which have lightsaber swings and deflections and I compared how I both of those feel because one (bf2) is superior in speed and fluidity than the other (fallen order), which I find makes it more enjoyable. You can like whichever game you want, or like them equally, that's fine, it doesn't change what I said though.

    Yes, apples and oranges. They are different types of games, it doesn't matter they are both from Star Wars. MP and SP games behave differently because even IF they sped it up even further it's still not even close because AI is scripted, there's a pattern, a behaviour they follow, behaviour you as a real person can learn and predict. Comparing combat vs AI against combat vs real players is comparing apples and oranges. I will agree that blaster bolts are too slow though.
    Also, like I said, the way they designed the parry system is pointless considering you can just keep tapping the block button rather than actually having to time when you hit the button that accurately, and they should of just made it so you hold it like in bf2. Not that it's difficult to aim those shots in bf2, but it's certainly easier to just repeatedly tap the block button to kill the enemy in fallen order.

    I don't know at what difficulty you played but tapping block button for parrying does not work on Grand Master.

    What else, aside from blasters, would you say is slow in FO? Cal's animations and combo's are definitely not. Bosses are pretty fast and got some sick combos.

    As to your earlier question on why people like the combat, the reason is because first of all, it works. No bugs, no situations where you hit something and the game doesn't register, or hits go through your block. Secondly, there is not spamming involved. Melee enemies also parry and spamming will result in death. In this game, parrying and timing your rolls is key, nothing is gonna lounge you 5 meters towars your enemy for you to have an easier time killing it.
    There's also the huge amount of moves and combos you can pull off using pretty much the same buttons.



    They are not slow, they are actually realistic and choreographed with mocap. FO has the best lightsaber combat system so far, and it works great. Duels with melee characters like Purge troopers or scout troopers and other look rly good and you can feel they worked hard on it and it shows. I odnt understand the hating on this game, its rly well made. Its a quality game.

    Again this is not a spam fest like BF2. Its a totally different game with different melee mechanics.

    Did you mean to reply to me? I was saying just that, that the fights get pretty fast, especially with bosses. Even other enemies are pretty fast as well, that dual batton Purge Trooper is insane, parrying those moves can be quite hard. I mean, this game has a learning curve and enemies get harder as you progress the story. The lightsaber combat is fantastic, I wish we had something similar in BF2.

    Taron Malicos was so hard for me lol. I had an easier time with Trilla

    Funny enough, he is the easiest to decypher. His stamina is easily drainable which leads to dealing him good amounts of damage. The thing with him is that once you reach half his health the jump in intensity and agression feels much greater with him than with any of the other bosses.

    Yep lol. Once I got him halfway is when I would die every time. He can drain your stamina before his attack chain is finished and his multiple boulders attack got me every time
  • Moojammin_10
    2865 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    without any spoilers.. can anyone help...

    I've upgraded to a double bladed light saber... but .. I really really dont like it. I want to go back to a single bladed lightsaber and smaller hilt... can it be done?

    Yes. Use the Dpad to switch between sabers. Don't think you can go back to smaller hilt tho.

    I think he meant in terms of looks because it's really long lol. In that case, the answer would be no. No matter what in the story you get the double sided lightsaber, I think?

    Yea I did.
    Aww that's a bit rubbish. Its weird how much it offends me haha!

    It offended me too for a little while. I'm more of a single blade kind of guy, myself. But, there are points in the game where double blade becomes extremely beneficial in a fight. Plus, there's a lot of lightsaber customization so I was able to limit my distaste in its looks.

    Thanks dude.

    I am just over 50% complete right now so hopefully I get that customization soon.

    Double Blade is awesome. I almost always used it. Felt like Darth Maul lol.

    Ye I get how some people would love it. Should be a choice though for those of us that don't.
    There is

    Oh really? Where is it please?

    Clicking I think the right d pad on the xbox switches your saber type. If its not that Its one of the other d pad buttons.

    Oh ok.. ye that just has one blade or two blades active..

    What I want is a one bladed hilt.

    The double bladed is just too big and ugly.

    Not possible I'm afraid.

    Yeah thats a bummer.

    @Moojammin_10

    Quick tip. It's not exactly what you want but what you can do is choose Passion and Strength as the second emitter to make it look somewhat shorter and give the feel it only has one blade.

    My lightsaber:

    papomx165usd.png

    The same but with Passion and Strength as the second emitter:

    7g2f56l9wf5j.png

    I made it look the closest I could to Luke's in ROTJ

    Thank you, yes I've been doing this for my lightsabre. Not perfect but definitely the best option for me.
    Thanks for your help
  • So yes, its true, that I am not that good at these boss fights. I understand the mechanics, I undertsand dodging / parry etc... but i just want to get over it and move on in the story instead of learning the moves and fighting for ever. So I get impatient, and its just not fun for me to do the same thing in a fight 10 times in a row (block, evade, parry, dodge, hit once, start again...).

    Same with the bird boss, after my first death and having only brought him down to 60% health, I was like screw this i don't feel like trying this over 10 times to learn the mechanics, i just want to go on with the story and finish this game already. So back in Story mode, wack wack wack birdy dead.

    I do prefer the thrill and skill of multiplayers. I am good at aiming, I got fast reflexes and generally end up in top 5 in GA / CS or 1 /2 in HvV. I'm not bragging, its just a fact that I am 'better' at SWBF2 multi player, but i guess its just my play style.

    The repetitive solo elements of the game just get boring for me after sliding down terrain on every map, or sliding through narrow corridors / mountains / etc every 5 minutes. Respawn could have been more creative on that part for sure by having more diversity of actions in the game.

    I always hated the bloodbourne and dark souls game, never getting further than the first 10 - 30 minutes. I think its the last dark souls where you have a boss very early on and after 6 failed attempts I just gave up. The frustration part of this learning curve is just not the way I want to spend my hours of entertainment. I understand that for some, overcoming this challenge is part of the fun, its just not for me.

    From all the people that currently hate this game that i've talked to, its the same feedback: they dislike the boss fights, the platform / exploring elements of gameplay are too repetitive and the story was meh to them.

    I am now on Illum after that fixing my saber, and the more force powers i get, the more fun I have out of the fights.

    When you finish the game, if you re-do it in higher difficulty, do you restart from zero or do you keep your skills?
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    So yes, its true, that I am not that good at these boss fights. I understand the mechanics, I undertsand dodging / parry etc... but i just want to get over it and move on in the story instead of learning the moves and fighting for ever. So I get impatient, and its just not fun for me to do the same thing in a fight 10 times in a row (block, evade, parry, dodge, hit once, start again...).

    Same with the bird boss, after my first death and having only brought him down to 60% health, I was like screw this i don't feel like trying this over 10 times to learn the mechanics, i just want to go on with the story and finish this game already. So back in Story mode, wack wack wack birdy dead.

    I do prefer the thrill and skill of multiplayers. I am good at aiming, I got fast reflexes and generally end up in top 5 in GA / CS or 1 /2 in HvV. I'm not bragging, its just a fact that I am 'better' at SWBF2 multi player, but i guess its just my play style.

    The repetitive solo elements of the game just get boring for me after sliding down terrain on every map, or sliding through narrow corridors / mountains / etc every 5 minutes. Respawn could have been more creative on that part for sure by having more diversity of actions in the game.

    I always hated the bloodbourne and dark souls game, never getting further than the first 10 - 30 minutes. I think its the last dark souls where you have a boss very early on and after 6 failed attempts I just gave up. The frustration part of this learning curve is just not the way I want to spend my hours of entertainment. I understand that for some, overcoming this challenge is part of the fun, its just not for me.

    From all the people that currently hate this game that i've talked to, its the same feedback: they dislike the boss fights, the platform / exploring elements of gameplay are too repetitive and the story was meh to them.

    I am now on Illum after that fixing my saber, and the more force powers i get, the more fun I have out of the fights.

    When you finish the game, if you re-do it in higher difficulty, do you restart from zero or do you keep your skills?

    I enjoy the mechanics and the story and the exploring... It's pretty good.. I mean.. not as good when compared to something like RDR2.. but what is!?

    I agree with the boss fights though. Having end of round bosses that are just bigger that have more health is a bit 1990s gaming for me... I did what you did.. reduce difficulty to get them done with already.

    Except the last one.. I did that one properly.. I could see the point of that
  • yeah I had not issue with first bosses, even first encounter with sister, but the rest, due to the slow animations when rolling / dodging whatever + the camera issues, losing target, not seeing whats happening clearly, i just don't want to bother dying for 30 minutes and making no progress.
  • Yeah, you are just impatient, so this probably just ain’t the game for you
  • The problem with oggo boggo is game design. Your easily introduced right at the opening to an element best gone back too later on.

    The game does not have a "new story +"

    There is too much platforming really that isnt enjoyable. In Tomb Raider it's much better. The puzzles are so basic in FO also.

    I did enjoy "the toombs" most.

    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • For me the game felt like it could have taken place on 1 planet. All the planets could have been the dungeons to a more open world gameplay design. Hopefully they follow the path of CD Project Red and make every game after this grow in size and scope.
  • Why Jedi Fallen Order won't make me stop playing Battlefront 2:
    I can't buy it
  • For me the game felt like it could have taken place on 1 planet. All the planets could have been the dungeons to a more open world gameplay design. Hopefully they follow the path of CD Project Red and make every game after this grow in size and scope.

    Yeah i loved the WItcher 3 and finished it in 1 weekend, doing all side quests and DLCs later as well. That game was awesome.
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    For me the game felt like it could have taken place on 1 planet. All the planets could have been the dungeons to a more open world gameplay design. Hopefully they follow the path of CD Project Red and make every game after this grow in size and scope.

    Yeah i loved the WItcher 3 and finished it in 1 weekend, doing all side quests and DLCs later as well. That game was awesome.

    You finished it in one weekend? I call *****.
  • bought if friday evening, played all night, all saturday and all sunday.
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    bought if friday evening, played all night, all saturday and all sunday.

    I have played that game all the way through three times to see all the different outcomes and I am just calling ***** there is no way you beat that whole thing in one weekend. Maybe if you did only main story and nothing else, and even that would have to be on the easiest difficulty and even that is questionable.
  • i think it was normal difficulty, and as I said:

    doing all side quests and DLCs later as well.

    so yes mostly main story and a few side quests here and there.
  • I couldn't disagree more. I finished the game on Story mode and it's fantastic. I think you are demonstrating next to no patience. I don't know what games you typically play, but you sound like friends of mine who play nothing but multiplayer games. You also have to remember that Cal Kestus is a Padawan that never finished his training. Without spoiling anything, he is learning as Jedi as the game goes on. Lets just say dealing with wildlife gets easier.

    My first question would be what difficulty are you trying to play on? I started out on Jedi Master and was getting worked over. So I dropped it down to Story mode just so I could enjoy the story and get used to the combat. I finished the game with minimal trouble, and am going to replay on Jedi Knight.

    Combat is not easy to grasp, so you have to work at it. In story mode, the damage you take is minimal so you can practice at it there. But again, you've got to decide to have patience with it.

    Traversing the game isn't hard at all for me, but I have a ton of time in on action games like Uncharted, Infamous, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. I also played a lot of Titanfall 2, so the wall running mechanic is nothing new to me. Again...patience. I've also not seen any gameplay bugs that kept me from getting from point to point.

    As for my own criticism? I think they could use a practice arena mode for the combat. Force Unleashed had a survival mode like that. The combat is unconventional enough people will need practice. If nothing else, have it unlocked in the menu after you complete the game on any difficulty. In the arena, there needs to be a place to practice wall running and traversal. Titanfall 2 had a replayable "Gauntlet" in the single player that allowed practice of traversal.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!