criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

New YouTube laws discussion

Commander_CT_135
454 posts Member
edited November 22
So recently I found out about what’s going to happen on YouTube soon. I’m not going to explain why this is happening I will say what the new laws are.
Videos will be marked as made for kids or not made for kids.
If marked made for kids, those videos will have reduced monitization, comments disabled, channel watermark removed, donations and merch links and such will be removed. And there will be no notifications bell. As for streams, super chat and super sticker will be disabled, and you can’t become a channel member. If the whole channel is marked made for kids then all the above will apply for ALL videos, and videos will not show up in recommended or be searched. Also stories and community posts will be disabled.
If any videos not made for kids and are marked made for kids or the whole channel is marked made for kids, then the FTC will fine you up to 42 grand.

Please note that none of this is YouTube’s fault, it is the result of a agreement between the FTC and YouTube.

I’ll be honest, i think these laws are [removed]. Many YouTubers I watch might quit as a result. And my dreams of becoming a successful Youtuber have been thrown down the drain. And the equipment I bought to prepare might either be returned or donated.
What do you guys think.
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• I think it's a fools dream to aspire to be a "successful YouTuber"...
    But that's just me.
  • bfloo
    16086 posts Member
    How is youtube not at fault if they are one side of the agreement?

The monetization can't be that good, these people are always begging for donations.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The monetization can't be that good, these people are always begging for donations.

I watched YouTubers who have a MANSION and a TESLA, plus have much more money to spend on expensive stuff for challenge videos(looking at you Mr.Beast)
  • KZ_Toxic
    352 posts Member
    edited November 22
    bfloo wrote: »

I watched YouTubers who have a MANSION and a TESLA, plus have much more money to spend on expensive stuff for challenge videos(looking at you Mr.Beast)

I'm sure there's a couple few... But how many do you suppose achieve that? How many channels do you think fail? I'd think winning the lottery has better odds.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4901 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I've edited your post and removed profanity.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator