criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

I miss Star Wars Battlefront (2015) for some reason

Prev1
Cal_Kestis
posts Member
edited November 2019
I played Star Wars Battlefront (2015) till Star Wars battlefront 2 came out. And now I miss Star Wars Battlefront (2015) for some reason. I wanna play it again but there aren't many players playing it anymore so I can't play different modes except the big game modes like walker assault. Do you feel the same way as me? What do you think about Star Wars Battlefront (2015) now?

Replies

• Cal! You're my boi Cal!
  • I miss certain things about 2015. Weapons and trooper customization mainly. Also miss Walker Assault but I think the BP system is better than the token system. I think current HvV is better than 2015. Maps like Sullust and Scariff
  • Walker is almost always full and supremacy is decent. As to small modes Cargo is almost always full, even on weekdays and especially weekends. Dropzone is a little more hit and miss on weekdays but usually pretty crowded on weekends. Actually there’s a big dropzone tournament of sorts coming up in December.
  • I just clicked on your topic because your name is Cal Kestis

🐐🐐

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Wasn’t that fun of a game for me 🤷🏻‍♂️.
  • Never find games on scarif or bespin, only get matches for Hoth and endor
  • Wasn’t that fun of a game for me 🤷🏻‍♂️.

It had its moments but yeah, overall I've had more fun with 2017 even with all it's flaws.
  • Also Cal, hows BD-1 going
  • Afrom3istwr
    964 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Cal_Kestis wrote: »
    I played Star Wars Battlefront (2015) till Star Wars battlefront 2 came out. And now I miss Star Wars Battlefront (2015) for some reason. I wanna play it again but there aren't many players playing it anymore so I can't play different modes except the big game modes like walker assault. Do you feel the same way as me? What do you think about Star Wars Battlefront (2015) now?

The reason you miss it is because the replay value is more fun than BFII. BF15 definitely had its flaws, but the highs from that game are still better than this game. BFII's game modes, lack of weapons, lack of map selection and lack of balance do a great disservice.

I still play BFII over BF15 bc there are simply more people, but my biggest disappointment is that none of the best stuff from BF15 were brought over.

Not having Supremacy just plain sucks. I could play that for hours without leaving a server bc if the teams were imbalanced, the matches would fly by and in 15 minutes, they were mostly back to even. For whatever reason that game mode was never brought over and to top it off, the current matchmaking system, which is awful, took months after the game's release to be introduced.

Sabotage was another favorite of mine because it would create these chaotic battles, especially in the last phase.

BFII is not set up to have even matches, especially GA and SA.

Capital supremacy may be the closest, but it takes forever to play a match and is limited to just the Clone Era.
  • SQJACKIE
    1344 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I have a love/hate relationship with BF2015.
    The game was beautiful, had perfect maps, effects, and game modes apart from non restrictive card system and focus on infantry.
    In the other hand, things like explosive fire, EE3/4 spam, cowards who instantly activate a shield and jump away after every shot, pulse cannon camping and power ups system.
    If BF3 ever comes out, I'd love to see all the good things I listed above fixing the things below. That would be my perfect Battlefront 3
  • It was a beautiful game. Hero hunt anyone? Not to mention Scariff :(
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member
    Never find games on scarif or bespin, only get matches for Hoth and endor

@Commander_CT_135 I can find games on all the dlc, there's regular Bespin going on pretty much daily for hours on end, and Walker is going, outer rim goes. Cargo is always full and drop zone occasionally fills up. I don't see a big problem finding games. I've been playing battlefront 2015 all year long without regrets except maybe bactaguard.

As for the OP, I really enjoy battlefront 2015, I missed it a lot back in January and just started playing it again. I've barely played herofront 2 this year in fact. Love the customisation, the melee, the jet pack, and the roll. Also the rich choice of star cards when you don't have to run something to counter the bactaguard meta.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Heroes in that game felt like heroes so yeah, I miss it too.

Though you can roll forward and backward in BF2 :heart:
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter: PlayersPurity

• bfloo
    16773 posts Member
    The 2015 game had a fun factor this game never could figure out.

Better map design, better modes, better balance (bad in both games, but lobbies balanced out better in the 15 game).

I played mostly Cargo and DS, aside from a Bespin binge the 1st month it came out.
    I had more ties in cargo than total games for the other modes combined
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I would love to see new maps for Walker Assault/Supremacy and new maps for the small modes in 15. I would seriously pay full price another dlc.
  • I would love to see new maps for Walker Assault/Supremacy and new maps for the small modes in 15. I would seriously pay full price another dlc.

id pay full price for each dlc to be put offline in its entirety, with bots and split screen.
  • willywonka7
    2341 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    bfloo wrote: »

Better map design, better modes, better balance (bad in both games, but lobbies balanced out better in the 15 game).

I played mostly Cargo and DS, aside from a Bespin binge the 1st month it came out.

2015 game was built to be more arcade style and balanced so that either side could determine the outcome of the battle......it all depended upon the most experienced players and teamwork turning the tide of battle and not the side you were playing. It also had a lot of development time to get the netcode and fluidity and latentcy or "Netcode" right so that competition could really be determined by player skill and tactics and not by lag and hero spam abilities.

2015 was meant to be more like and old school video game. Random game modes, maps players decided they wanted to play, outcome determined more by the best and quickiest response players. Fastest gun in the west basically.

Battlefront 2 is less reliant on that "OLD School" style video game mode and tries to be more realistic to the lore. Play is less determined by balance on both side and by good netcode to get smooth flowing gameplay. More reliant on the team realizing the weaknesses of the opposing teams characters and army and using that against them.

Battlefront 2 focuses more on realism and lore adherence than fair balanced gameplay and responsive gameplay and letting balanced teams on both sides. You can't argue against me because look at Commadoes, Arc troopers, yoda in GA and cs, Anakin at launch and still a little bit to this day in cs and GA.....etc!
  • With every update to this game the separatist army gets weaker and weaker and the clone republic army becomes MEGA OP and the maps become entirely tipped towards the clones!

.....just look at Felucia, then work back from their and see each map that was release up to that point and see that the clones have been favored more and more every map from genosis to Felucia released maps. Then compare reinforcement releases. Compare arc trooper at release to BX, compare droideka to commando at release to realize what I'm talking about.
  • 2015 when a hero and villian were release they were released together because they were intended to counter balance each other. Yeah Dice still got the balancing off, but it was much more balanced that way. They also gave abilities to specific characters that would help counter balance OP characters.

Think Jyn's grenade that counter balanced bossk's heat vision to make him blind because he was MEGA OP in 2015.
  • It was simply a more complete package. Sure, it lacked content, but at least every part of the game got a look at by devs. The game also rewarded skill a heck of a lot more.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • bfloo wrote: »

2015 game was built to be more arcade style and balanced so that either side could determine the outcome of the battle......it all depended upon the most experienced players and teamwork turning the tide of battle and not the side you were playing. It also had a lot of development time to get the netcode and fluidity and latentcy or "Netcode" right so that competition could really be determined by player skill and tactics and not by lag and hero spam abilities.

2015 was meant to be more like and old school video game. Random game modes, maps players decided they wanted to play, outcome determined more by the best and quickiest response players. Fastest gun in the west basically.

Battlefront 2 is less reliant on that "OLD School" style video game mode and tries to be more realistic to the lore. Play is less determined by balance on both side and by good netcode to get smooth flowing gameplay. More reliant on the team realizing the weaknesses of the opposing teams characters and army and using that against them.

Battlefront 2 focuses more on realism and lore adherence than fair balanced gameplay and responsive gameplay and letting balanced teams on both sides. You can't argue against me because look at Commadoes, Arc troopers, yoda in GA and cs, Anakin at launch and still a little bit to this day in cs and GA.....etc!

Well put.
  • My bf 15 song.

• I don't miss it
  • you must miss the gunplay. there was a major focus in BF2015 on gunplay while Bf2017 was more about heroes. there is no argument heroes in 2017 is much better and more options. but if you want better gunplay and more that satisfaction from shooting blasters, BF2015 had it. the guns felt so much more personal. the blasters in bf2017 feel sufficent just not as enjoyable.
  • People gonna look back years from now like they do with cod MW2 and Halo Reach. After a few years have past bf15 will be remembered as the premier battlefront game and 2 will be forgotten imo.
  • they just need to go back to 2015, forget about bf 2 lol. i still think bf 2015 shouldnt even be considered a battlefront game (star wars galactic civil war the game) and should be supported and updated like a separate game because it isnt anything like og battlefront and still very different from bf 2. its got no classes, one era and no commandposts, and star cards. bf 2 is more like og bf games and should be the first official ea remake. in the future id be happy with a bf 2015 remaster with all dlc content offline lol.
  • Add me man, my username is udaiveerminhas - we can get some friends together and play some HvV
  • If you asked me this back in 2018, I'd say yes. Supremacy was easily a better large scale mode than GA. GA is imo the worst large scale mode of the two games. I barely put any time into this game's multiplayer before CS arrived.

Now? No I don't miss it now that we have Capital Supremacy and Co-op. The variety of trooper gameplay and eras is so much better in Battlefront 2 and will continue to get better in 2020. Lightsaber heroes however were much better mechanized in Battlefront 2015. Its not a deal breaker for me though.
  • All of the above plus drip fed content is terrible, BF 2015 gave us more iconic content combined all at one time than this current bit by bit model does. We had Scariff and a flippin trench run!!!
  • Well, Walker Assault was lit, it had better map design and in general it immersed me more. Don't get me wrong, Battlefront 2017 still looks and feels amazing, but idk, something about its controls feels "off" compared to 2015
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • I started playing BF1 2015 In 2016 and to be honest it is one of my favourite game's. I use to be proper sweaty xD.I was one of the runners up to being one of the best ps4 BF1 2015 players lol.
  • I miss the death star from BF2015 but that's it, i never did like WA that much
  • I miss the death star from BF2015 but that's it, i never did like WA that much

tbh, I really miss the trench run ... I was heavily surprised whent hey did not include it at all in 2017's version.

Furthermore; with the death star dlc we finally got to destroy critical systems of a star destroyed which really led me to believe we would get some sort of similar mode from the original battlefront series for space battles you know ... although I like SFA, this was a let down for me
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Cal_Kestis wrote: »

It's because we cant play death star anymore :(
  • Sooo if I bought 2015 now I could still find some multiplayer games? My fear is buying it and not being able to play it
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Sooo if I bought 2015 now I could still find some multiplayer games? My fear is buying it and not being able to play it

you definitely can. dlc can be iffy but base game is usually always busy
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    There are many things I miss from last game though that game was left in a state I really don't like, though the same can be said about this one.

They should have started mass porting things a long time ago

Agreed.
  • @AW_Cramer
    WA is usually always full on ps4 and Xbox, as is cargo. Why they didn’t do a continuation of that game is beyond me.

• CT_93921 wrote: »
    All of the above plus drip fed content is terrible, BF 2015 gave us more iconic content combined all at one time than this current bit by bit model does. We had Scariff and a flippin trench run!!!

We can thank loot boxes and EA corporate greed for the drip fed content. This game had arguably the worst launch in history which ruined their monetization scheme. Battlefront 2015 DLC was funded by the Season Pass sold at $50. "Free DLC" in live service games are the shiny lure on a MTX hook. It's not really free DLC.

Meanwhile EA pushed Battlefield V up to fall 2018, and tasked DICE to focus on that. So this game got a skeleton support crew. Hence the drip fed content. It seems clear they were also working on CS, Co-op, Felucia, etc.
  • @AW_Cramer
    WA is usually always full on ps4 and Xbox, as is cargo. Why they didn’t do a continuation of that game is beyond me.

Sweet! And I just picked up the game on the PS Store for R89!! ($6)
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    This game has less of a star wars feel for me then 2015. It mostly has to do with the colors and the music. The colors just seem off to me in this game, especially the green colors on trees and grass and the textures. Also, not alot of classic tracks play on the menu or during gameplay. A lot of good star wars tracks are just sadly missing. More interesting HVV imo too. Still kinda miss it.

Completely agree about the feel. That’s something I really love about 2015.

In addition to the modes everyone has already mentioned, I’ve had no trouble finding HvV games on Xbox the last few weeks. The maps in that mode are far superior to BF2. I really wish they’d go ahead and either make all the DLC free or cut the price significantly. The season pass is double the cost of the actual game.