criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I miss Star Wars Battlefront (2015) for some reason

2Next

Replies

• still just want dlc walker assaults on bespin and scariff offline...
  • still just want dlc walker assaults on bespin and scariff offline...

Yeah it’s sad those great dlc maps along with a few others will be gone when the servers go down. Wish they would port an slightly improved version of 15 to next gen.
  • vonVile
    558 posts Member
    edited January 22
    TC, its because 2015 is the superior game.
    • Vast variety of weapons
    • No Class system limiting player choice in weapons and Star Cards
    • Power Up weapons
    • Weapon load outs allowing players to change tactics mid-game based on situation
    • Balanced game play
    • Better maps
    • No broken Heroes

All DICE had to do with BF2 was copy BF1 and change the tokens to BP, but they instead screwed up and completely overhauled game's mechanics taking out what made BF1 fun to play.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    • Vast variety of weapons
    • No Class system limiting player choice in weapons and Star Cards
    • Power Up weapons
    • Weapon load outs allowing players to change tactics mid-game based on situation
    • Balanced game play
    • Better maps
    • No broken Heroes

I agree with you in those.

• Genin
    700 posts Member
    I miss some maps and walker assault. I also loved to pilot starfighters in big modes, in bf2 they are limited to some GS maps and phases. Sadly, any in capital supremacy :(

Most of all I miss the death star dlc, it was a lot of fun!!

But overall I prefer battlefront 2 gameplay. Starfighters improved the gameplay A LOT (but unfortunately they lack in contents), I like much more shooting with infantry and the ttk (too low in bf 2015, perfect in battlefront 2 2017).
    I prefer also heroes gameplay. And I like the reinforcements (even if I would like more customizations in weapons and extetic).

The battlepoints system it has been a HUGE IMPROVEMENT, even if it's not perfect (people camping in the menù). it is so much better than pick random (not even so much random) icons on the battlefield, I hated that in battlefront 2015, it was a very bad idea.
  • For those who loved the DS dlc, it still goes, especially on ps4 most night, had some excellent games of battlestation last night including one where someone took r2d2 into the hangar extraction point but fell down into a lower pit and we then can't get him out 😂😂😂

Always wondered why dice didnt patch that nonsense out, or give r2d2 jets to fly a wee bit
  • I would literally pay full price for another dlc or for them to add new maps to WA, DZ, Cargo, HvV, and so on.
  • Two words: Cycler Rifle. That thing is a beauty
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I miss Jawas from the original battlefront
  • I miss:
    - T-21 rifle.
    - Pulse cannon.
    - Cycler rifle.
    - All skins for stormtroopers and rebels.
    - Smoke grenade.
    - Disruptor rifle.
    - That HvV.

• I miss

-Walker Assault
    -TP
    -Drop Zone
    -Cargo
    -Twilight on Hoth
    -HvV
    -Sullust
    -Scariff
    -T-21, EE-3/4, DH-17, CA-87 and RT-97C with focus fire
    -All Tattooine maps
    -Shadow Trooper skin
  • The epic homing shot
  • Played battlestation last night, on the final part, dunno how he done it but one of the trench runners had red 5 as well and it was constant shield, it never dropped once, i followed him for ages not shooting or anything and his shield never dropped once

Not the worst issue except the rebels only had one more checkpoint to blow up the death star yet he wouldnt do it as the only trench runner left, so the game was essentially into overtime for goodness knows how long as i loaded into that part of the game

A lot of people had to quit as it was going nowhere, kinda sucky when someone does that
  • AW_Cramer
    656 posts Member
    edited January 23
    So I finally played BF1 for the first time and I must say it feels sooo different. The first thing right off the bat that made a difference was no health regen (that or it was very slow to kick in!), and no forward or backward roll!! I also died a lot and very quickly compared to BF2... maybe its cos I just need to adjust to the Bf1 mechanics. Also doesnt help that I have limited options for blasters and star cards in the beginning...

I LOVE the different maps

Starfighter play is also really different with no zoom in targeting.

Hero play: I kinda like how you randomly get one and the no dash makes blocking so important in this version! Also was very weird having different abilities for Vader and Luke for example. HATE HATE having them in Extraction though... totally ruins that mode!

I still need to play more I only had time to play a few games of Supremacy and Extraction. I need to get into a few games of Walker Assault...

Overall I like it but I can see how BF2 improved on certain things and also fell short on others...

(also so glad to see some full lobbies!)
    Post edited by AW_Cramer on
  • OoiiHooked_22
    5136 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Don’t miss at all ,stopped after a month or 2
  • Ppong_Man12
    3322 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Two words: Cycler Rifle. That thing is a beauty

Another thing we’re missing in this game I would love to have back, so fun to use.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Honestly, I never played 2, but 1 was kinda disappointing to me when I got it in 2015. I still play it from time to time but there are so many things that annoy me about this game.

Spawnpoints being completely random and pointless (I get spawned deep into enemy territory and instantly killed at least twice every match), some Heroes/Villains being almost entirely invincible for ordinary soldiers (looking at you Bossk) while having some of the most OP weapons in the game, the Token-system, the often crowded and unbalanced map-designs, some interesting gamemodes being devoid of any players, the standard-blasters outclassing almost every other blaster (at least in terms of close- and medium-range combat), the flawed sever-interface that just assigns you to random servers... not the best design choices ever.

I also never understood the gunplay in this game. To this day, I mostly finish matches with laughable K/D-ratios, even though I'm not THAT bad of a FPS-player. I basically get one-shotted every time I have contact with enemy players, no matter how much health I have and no matter what gun they/I use. I just don't understand it since even with headshots, I cannot kill them in one shot even though I am often using the same Blasters/Powerups.

I am not sure if I'm just too dumb for this game or the lag is just beyond belief. If it wasn't for my friend, I think I would have stopped playing this game years ago.

• StarWarsFanBoy18
    560 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Am I the only one that didn't really like BF2015? I mean the blasters for me felt clunky, there was hardly any worthwhile offline content and seeing as I'm a mostly PvE person that really bugged and considering Bf2005 had multiple eras I found it quite insulting that had only one in a game made 10 years later
  • BlueSpy3DO
    1208 posts Member
    Everything from abilities, blasters, and general gunplay for troopers was flat out superior.
  • Battlestation ! Death star assault with final trench run ! Epic !
    Bespin maps !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • JBSeptim
    1631 posts Member
    I miss the options 2015 provided. Complete customization, many more weapons, less toony graphics. Also the old HvV mode and Cargo, both were great. The Relby V-10 was much more akin to the weapon it is in the movies. Bossk had permanent Heat Vision (:heart:)

What I do like alot though are weapon modifications in BF II. Also a class-system, with at least classes with different base stats (not fixed weapons or abilities, only base stats). The star cards in the upper part of the classes are even fine to me and enjoyable features. I love that heroes also have star cards and levels now! The current HvV mode is not bad either. Hero Showdown is also nice.

If there is a Battlefront III, I'd hope it is a mixture of both. A class system, with each three star card slots for stats (like in 2017). Also each class has two star card slots for abilities, and a freely choosable weapon, fillers for both needing to be unlocked by missions (like in 2015).

I like small infantry modes in which both sides have the same objective (like Blast and Cargo). Also small modes with only heroes and different objectives, maybe even a small mode with heroes in which troopers are supposed to hunt them. As it is Battlefront, I'd also definetely like at least two larger modes, with different styles (like Surpremacy and GA). And I still miss the space battle on which it was possible to land in the enemy capital ship's hangar, from Battlefront II 2005.

I'd also like a vehicle system in which vehicles have solid spawning locations around captured command posts and can be accessed with battlepoints from there (a mixture of Battlefront II 2005 and Battlefront II 2017). At this point this series has seen so many amazing elements in different games, that making a single game with all of them would potentially be the best shooter ever released, at least for me. Sadly it is always different features in different games, many good ones don't make it into the next game.
  • Been playing recently and it’s just so comfy. Blasters felt a lot better and I’m missing all of the DLC heroes from that game
  • I would love to see new maps for Walker Assault/Supremacy and new maps for the small modes in 15. I would seriously pay full price another dlc.

id pay full price for each dlc to be put offline in its entirety, with bots and split screen.

Me too!
  • TjPunx
    1892 posts Member
    At least they didn’t port the junk HvV mode from 15
  • parasite
    802 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »

that was the best part of that game
  • parasite
    802 posts Member
    Bf1 just felt so clunky and it wasnt thar great in my opinion
  • TjPunx
    1892 posts Member
    parasite wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »

that was the best part of that game

Hardly. You play that mode to be a hero, not a soldier
  • bfloo
    17688 posts Member
    Am I the only one that didn't really like BF2015? I mean the blasters for me felt clunky, there was hardly any worthwhile offline content and seeing as I'm a mostly PvE person that really bugged and considering Bf2005 had multiple eras I found it quite insulting that had only one in a game made 10 years later

As far as the lack of offline content goes in the 15 game, they straight up said from day 1 the focus would be mp.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png