criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Yoda needs a Nurf Fast

So in general I feel that the various heroes and Villains of the game are well balanced. They can be very strong and fun in the right hands but also can be taken down by infantry. Though this cannot be said about Yoda. Since his resent buffs he has been an unstoppable game breaking mess. Do to his small hit box no blaster can hit him to do any damage and forget about getting a good solid hit in with the vanguard. And with the fall of the stinger pistol even that's not an option anymore. Add that to his insane mobility and he is invincible. Just today I saw five storm troopers and Kylo Ren and General Grevious fight a yoda player for a whole minute and barely managed to take him down.

This can't be allowed to continue. My thoughts are either lower his health to 500 or 550 if it must be higher then Han's, or remove his ability to block. Because before he was a good hero and required a different play style because you could take on blasters but had to look out for Lightsabers. Either way SOMETHING has to be done and once he is nurfed to his proper place I feel that the game will feel truly balanced.

Replies

• He was already nerfed and this ruined him
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • yoda901
    146 posts Member
    edited November 26
    Jriso wrote: »
    So in general I feel that the various heroes and Villains of the game are well balanced. They can be very strong and fun in the right hands but also can be taken down by infantry. Though this cannot be said about Yoda. Since his resent buffs he has been an unstoppable game breaking mess. Do to his small hit box no blaster can hit him to do any damage and forget about getting a good solid hit in with the vanguard. And with the fall of the stinger pistol even that's not an option anymore. Add that to his insane mobility and he is invincible. Just today I saw five storm troopers and Kylo Ren and General Grevious fight a yoda player for a whole minute and barely managed to take him down.

This can't be allowed to continue. My thoughts are either lower his health to 500 or 550 if it must be higher then Han's, or remove his ability to block. Because before he was a good hero and required a different play style because you could take on blasters but had to look out for Lightsabers. Either way SOMETHING has to be done and once he is nurfed to his proper place I feel that the game will feel truly balanced.

I agree that he is very strong against blasters, then again so is Obi-wan just off the top of my head. Obi actually can block blaster fire far longer than Yoda with the right star cards and RMT is a death sentence for most any infantry/reinforcement. I have proposed that Yoda's Unleash be limited to 140 damage maximum against infantry and then re-buff his Dash Attack as 85 damage for an ability is abysmal, along with other quality of like improvements. Luke has different values for his Push and Repulse against heroes and infantry, I suggest something similar for Unleash.

As for "recent buffs", Yoda actually hasn't received anything other than nerfs. The only buffs he has received is the ability to block lightsabers (Low block stamina), and a slight animation speed increase. Your example of Kylo and Grievous plus infantry against Yoda is actually disheartening in that you are using and example of being outplayed as case for a nerf. Player skill has a lot to do with matchups, you don't nerf characters just because a player can hold their own by outplaying others. Yoda overall is not OP. Even before the recent nerfs (not considering Presence) he wasn't OP in and of himself.

TL;DR Yoda is strong against infantry (Not the strongest) but still rather weak against lightsabers. Yoda could use some HvV buffs as well as a possible Unleash nerf against infantry.
    Post edited by yoda901 on
  • Jriso wrote: »

I think this is a joke, because he already get nerfed already. You can conclude that this is a joke by the way he wright nerf, I reminds me of smurf and this means for me its just a joke.
    Maybe some console players may think Yoda is too strong, but PC users won't say that. Aiming with mouse might be much better and as all know, the use of hacks are tolerated by EA, so Aim-Bots are in use, what makes Yoda's small hit box almost unimportant.
    In HvV on PC Yoda is only canonfodder for all other force users and a lot of blaster villains.
    He is no match for the dark side users and that makes Yoda, like all force users not authentic and ridiculous.
    Not only me, but some others think of SWBF2 as a Star Wars MOD for Battlefield, so EA could have saved money and only make a MOD without the hated force users.
    For me and I think a lot of player and people more, Star Wars is the Force and about Force Users. The Force is not with EA (Disney neither).
    Greetings.
  • He got a heavy nerf not that long ago
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    He got a heavy nerf not that long ago

I am curious why were the last nerfs to Yoda so extensive? @F8RGE
  • Jriso wrote: »

My problems with Yoda...Shouldn't never had a block ability. I hope future Battlefront installments either reduce the amount of heroes or only do 1 per side.