criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Will there ever be a rebalance for Palpatine?

This hero is seriously broken and has no counter at all, in every game there is an emperor in play they'll get 70+ kill if they realize they can dash indefinitely. You can't shoot them because they are always dashing, they come 1 shot kill and dash away, the only way to kill them is surprising them with a Jedi but if they ever spot you they'll just dash away or jump.

No need to aim because your basic hits are an area of effect, and can attack while jumping, the only hero that literally 1v1 tanks taking 0 damage because of this.

Something as simple as an stamina bar would solve the problem, still I have never seen a post from the devs ever paying attention to any of the heroes, do they check stuff like this ever?

Replies

• I don’t think he needs to be nerfed at all but rather opposed.

He actually should be given a buff that would be appropriate for him being a support hero.

This would open the opportunity to buff the light side to levels that would make Anakin blush. Examples being; A buff to deadeye, buff to SharpShot.

Or, the amazing idea of some beautiful soul I don’t remember their name.

Lightning reflecting back to his face lol
  • That is the best idea i've heard yet. I hadn't even thought of it that way but yeah, every one else has some penalty/risk to attacking a blocking saber hero but palps has no downside. The more I think about that idea the more i love it
  • That is the best idea i've heard yet. I hadn't even thought of it that way but yeah, every one else has some penalty/risk to attacking a blocking saber hero but palps has no downside. The more I think about that idea the more i love it

Bro I can’t find the guy who came up with idea.

All I remember was the horde of palpatine mains complaining that the idea really sucked. Which is sad because like you said palpatine has no risk to his play style. Good to know a few of us have the sense to recognise his no risk high reward play style.
  • They need to half Palpatine's attack range and jump height.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    They need to half Palpatine's attack range and jump height.

Hey, I know that the emperor is OP. It hurts. But you know what hurts more. Getting murdered insanely fast by reinforcements when playing as heroes. Know I’m not saying that being skilled at being a reinforcement is a problem but rather the increase of how common it is.

Don’t go nerfing reinforcements because nerfs are not what we need. Heroes are getting nerfed so hard that heroes aren’t exactly heroes anymore. Reinforcements are steadily overtaking them and that should be a warning call to end the madness.

Instead of nerfing heroes mate, buffing their competition would be the better choice.

Besides as a good Solo player his jump is the funniest mistake to make as all he can do is spam until he reaches the ground again. A few good shots just puts the hag to sleep.
  • "Don’t go nerfing reinforcements because nerfs are not what we need. Heroes are getting nerfed so hard that heroes aren’t exactly heroes anymore. Reinforcements are steadily overtaking them and that should be a warning call to end the madness."

Agree 100%
  • vonVile wrote: »
    They need to half Palpatine's attack range and jump height.

Hey, I know that the emperor is OP. It hurts. But you know what hurts more. Getting murdered insanely fast by reinforcements when playing as heroes. Know I’m not saying that being skilled at being a reinforcement is a problem but rather the increase of how common it is.

Don’t go nerfing reinforcements because nerfs are not what we need. Heroes are getting nerfed so hard that heroes aren’t exactly heroes anymore. Reinforcements are steadily overtaking them and that should be a warning call to end the madness.

Instead of nerfing heroes mate, buffing their competition would be the better choice.

Besides as a good Solo player his jump is the funniest mistake to make as all he can do is spam until he reaches the ground again. A few good shots just puts the hag to sleep.

I can understand your point on not nerfing them, but have to see the emperor from far away with a sniper to see how ridiculous his movement is. He doesn't resembles the movies at all, he moves like the alpha from a mod for battlefront II 2005 ,it's just not fun to play in a game with him
  • “I can understand your point on not nerfing them, but have to see the emperor from far away with a sniper to see how ridiculous his movement is. He doesn't resembles the movies at all, he moves like the alpha from a mod for battlefront II 2005 ,it's just not fun to play in a game with him.”

I certainly understand. He does have a few openings here and there. But my goodness his movement speed and animation makes me question if he is actually a playable boss.

I do question at times if he really has a hitbox at all. The only unit I straight up cheer when they’re defeated.