criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

I am officially now not considering the sequel trilogy as canon.

Prev1
Starwarsor66
2917 posts Member
edited December 2019
I don't care. I'm done. Sick of it!! Palpatine alive again?? They want me to get involved with murdering a massive part of Anakin's story? Hell no!

The line must be drawn here!! This far! No further!!

Anakin killing palpatine was one of the best moments of all of star wars. Yet some second rate directors come along with Disney and all its contracts and trademark and copyright control and ability to make the star wars world as they see it and wish whatever they want into the existence of their version of canon, and what?? That gives them power over me? I'm just supposed to go along with it? Ahhh no. No I don't goddamn think so, goddammit.

Disney and Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams can take their so called canon, and turn it around the other way and fire it at the original footage of each of the sequel movies.

[Removed inappropriate political comment ~Rtas]

"Hey Disney"..."yeah?"..."make the movie with Steven Spielberg or James Cameron as the director and write way better scripts that don't butcher the old movies"..."oh yeah, or what??"..."Or you can go to war with America"..."Ok, we'll do what you say.".

Ahh, one can dream.
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

  • JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    What new trilogy?

    Haha my...training day.

    ^ hope you understand that haha
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens

    Of course he did. He's the director of a movie that he wants to sell well. What else is he going to say? Haha he didn't say there is a "good" reason either :P
  • There’s a reason in the EU. There can be reason here as well.
  • lol noone cares what YOU consider as canon

    its canon that is a fact

    Disney owns lucas films
    and lucas films created Star wars
    Sure Disney says something but
    Lucas film has many similarities taken from Georges original concept

    Qira and Rey are exactly the same
    Jedi killer is exactly the same as kylo

    luke had a similar arc but instead of being a grumpy boy he was a mentally ill boy
    and palpatine seemingly was destined to be back but once and for all striked

    If you like it or not

    ITS CANON

    and Ben solo is one of the best addition to star wars
  • ThEy CaN FLy NoW!
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens

    The reason is because rian killed snoke.
  • You gotta let disney know sooner next time! No way they would have released the next movie of they knew Starwarsor66 didnt consider it Canon!
  • skincarver wrote: »
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens

    The reason is because rian killed snoke.

    Killing snoke(what a stupid name) was the best decision ever.
  • "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."
    ―Sheev Palpatine
  • I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • JayJedi wrote: »
    How will Star Wars ever survive if you don't consider the new trilogy canon? It's official, I'm selling my TROS tickets.

    It'll survive on brain dead nostalgic drones. I thought I made all that pretty clear.
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    You gotta let disney know sooner next time! No way they would have released the next movie of they knew Starwarsor66 didnt consider it Canon!

    Believe me, if they could jump inside my mind for a moment and see what they've done from the perspective of a logical mind with well thought out conclusions, they would never of released episode 8. But hey, we don't live in a world where they can jump in my mind. Oh well.
  • I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    What the hell?? Don't go and see it if you don't like it. Man you will just add more money to the financial outcome. Disney react to financial failure. They cancelled further solo things because of its failure. If this movie does poorly then there's a chance they will scrap the whole SJW thing. That's only going to happen if people that dislike where it's all heading actually stop paying to see these movies when they come out at the cinema.
  • That's the great thing about a made up franchise: you can pick and choose whatever you want to believe happened in it.
  • THESUPAMAXPLAYER
    1251 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Yup & if the leaks are true this is the worst movie in star wars. Vader killed a clone, everyone from the ot die, rey kills palpatine by sending lightning right back at him blowing him up & rey saves everyone by shooting lightning from her hands.



    Placed in spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    What the hell?? Don't go and see it if you don't like it. Man you will just add more money to the financial outcome. Disney react to financial failure. They cancelled further solo things because of its failure. If this movie does poorly then there's a chance they will scrap the whole SJW thing. That's only going to happen if people that dislike where it's all heading actually stop paying to see these movies when they come out at the cinema.

    I already bought tickets for my whole family lol.
  • It’s like a badly written fan-fic come to horrid life, invalidating everything ever accomplished in the OT and PT and thereby lessening the overall legacy of StarWars and all the sacrifices and built up story Canon.

    I for one Do Not want to see how bad TROS is but in the other hand I do, just to see how much of a Mary Sue is made out of Rey.
    It’s like I hate the movie but I also want to see how 💩it really is. And also how much they take a steaming pile on the fans when they kill off the remaining OT cast members

    Did you see that teaser how surprising it was that the FO can fly now?!
    It’s like Jetpacks were a recent invention and flying Stormtroopers was never a thing before.

    I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this.
  • I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    What the hell?? Don't go and see it if you don't like it. Man you will just add more money to the financial outcome. Disney react to financial failure. They cancelled further solo things because of its failure. If this movie does poorly then there's a chance they will scrap the whole SJW thing. That's only going to happen if people that dislike where it's all heading actually stop paying to see these movies when they come out at the cinema.

    I already bought tickets for my whole family lol.

    Well then you are lost!
  • Starwarsor66
    2917 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yup & if the leaks are true this is the worst movie in star wars. Vader killed a clone, everyone from the ot die, rey kills palpatine by sending lightning right back at him blowing him up & rey saves everyone by shooting lightning from her hands.

    Are you for real? Where did you see that Vader killed a palpatine clone? if that is in the movie then this will go down as the worst star wars ever. That's saying something after episode 8.

    Placed in Spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • THESUPAMAXPLAYER
    1251 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yup & if the leaks are true this is the worst movie in star wars. Vader killed a clone, everyone from the ot die, rey kills palpatine by sending lightning right back at him blowing him up & rey saves everyone by shooting lightning from her hands.

    Are you for real? Where did you see that Vader killed a palpatine clone? if that is in the movie then this will go down as the worst star wars ever. That's saying something after episode 8.

    It's all over the internet. Man you could YouTube it or even Google it.

    Edited quote ~Rtas

    Placed in spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I don't think there's a movie on this Earth I hate more than The Last Jedi. That movie broke the ST beyond repair for me.
    The PT was not good, it was very disappointing. But it didn't infuriate me like TLJ did. There's so many things wrong with that movie and I could have live with all of them, even Snoke dying in the most unexpected dumbest way possible just for the sake of "subverting expectations" but what was too much was the way they butchered the character of Luke Skywalker.

    It's the first time I'm mildly curious about a Star Wars episodic movie. And with that curiousity comes some fear as well. What they decide to do with Palpatine could potentially damage the story and directly affect Darth Vader's redemption. Breaking that memorable moment may very well be the last drop that spilled the glass.

  • EA_Rtas
    1976 posts EA Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Considering this isn't discussion about the game I've moved this to off topic.

    I'm also going to point you all back to Our Spoiler policy

    Anything that may potentially be a spoiler needs to be in spoiler tags. Whether you think you'll enjoy the movie or not doesn't mean others won't and posting possible spoilers out in the open isn't cool. Respect others enjoyment

    n3jx1qbysyro.gif

  • Yup & if the leaks are true this is the worst movie in star wars. Vader killed a clone, everyone from the ot die, rey kills palpatine by sending lightning right back at him blowing him up & rey saves everyone by shooting lightning from her hands.



    Placed in spoiler tags ~Rtas

    You forgot the part
    where Palpatine mass kills/massacres everyone with the aforementioned Force Lightning taking out the First Order - Resistance Alliance Fleet killing the Entirety or the Remaining OT cast and the Millennium Falcon taking with it Leia, Lando, I think Nien Nunb, Chewie, and the two Droids C-3P0 and R2-D2... thereby killing off The Whole OT and making way for the new better, faster, stronger, ST cast Rey, Poe Finn, and BB-8
    where Palpatine makes an appearance
  • I feel pretty neutral to this movie. I find that I don't really care about what happens to Rey or Kylo Ren. I just feel nothing for any of the new characters. It's not their acting or them personally. I just find the ST to be poor storytelling that doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. When I saw TLJ in theaters, I was pretty bored and was constantly hoping it was almost over. I'll still see TROS in theaters, but I'll likely wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down.
  • bfloo
    16773 posts Member
    I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    The bland and boring characters are why they need to bring Palps back.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    The bland and boring characters are why they need to bring Palps back.

    But by doing that you ruin movies 1-6
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • bfloo wrote: »
    I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    The bland and boring characters are why they need to bring Palps back.

    But by doing that you ruin movies 1-6

    They should of left the whole thing alone. There was no need for a first order. We had the happy ending and all seemed great and as it should be after Anakin redeemed himself.

    They could of gone back 1000 years or forward 1000 years and done a completely different Jedi and Sith storyline. But nooooo, they had to have nostalgia on their side and use it against us all. Who's going to resist the mellennium falcon? No one. Han and Luke and Leia? No one. Screw this movie studio. They don't deserve what they have, even if they paid for it. George Lucas never should of sold it without full creative control. If the sequels could be erased, then that in itself would be worth billions and billions of dollars to the fans haha. I'd actually pay to have them destroyed and be made not to be canon at Disney anymore if that was an option haha.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens

    I like to think Palpatine had a contingency plan in place for a clone or revive, in case he ever died
  • bfloo
    16773 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I don't even care about this movie. Ill go see it but I just don't care what happens to the characters. They are all bland and boring

    The bland and boring characters are why they need to bring Palps back.

    They should never have killed Snoke off
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Agreed. Legends had it better where you could pick and choose what was canon and what wasn’t.

    Now everything is canon, unfortunately.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    JJ said there is a reason for Palpatine to be alive so... I'll wait these 21 days and see what happens

    I like to think Palpatine had a contingency plan in place for a clone or revive, in case he ever died

    he seemed pretty confident his plan at Endor was perfect
  • Your loss.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • The Sequel Trilogy is a bad, high budget, fanfilm. Thats all it is
  • I can never watch, read, play any Star Wars content properly ever again without thinking “why don’t you just hyperspace ram”

    Thanks Disney.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

  • Here too, hate ST, they ruined everything!
  • I dont think Id go as far. I mean Rey sucks as a character because she has no flaws, one mind trick and all of a sudden she's a master.

    The kinda took a dump on the New Republic, which was one of the goals of the original trilogy by making them panzies and also, no government would put all their political and military infrastructure in one location, the NR is galaxy spanning, so why does the destruction of one star system mean they are no longer a functioning power?? Makes no sense and honestly, poor story structure if you ask me.

    Also, for Palpatine, that is the one saving grace, at least for me. I loved Operation Shadow hand in Legends, where Palps came back in clone bodies.

    A good set of three movies would have been canonizing Operation Shadow hand, its deep, the NR is in a much better light, and Luke goes evil for a bit, boom, perfect movie. Ive played thru Fallen Order twice now, both 100% completed games, Cal Kestis is a better Jedi character than Rey lol.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Starmasui73146
    1794 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    anidriX wrote: »
    I don't think there's a movie on this Earth I hate more than The Last Jedi. That movie broke the ST beyond repair for me.
    The PT was not good, it was very disappointing. But it didn't infuriate me like TLJ did. There's so many things wrong with that movie and I could have live with all of them, even Snoke dying in the most unexpected dumbest way possible just for the sake of "subverting expectations" but what was too much was the way they butchered the character of Luke Skywalker.

    It's the first time I'm mildly curious about a Star Wars episodic movie. And with that curiousity comes some fear as well. What they decide to do with Palpatine could potentially damage the story and directly affect Darth Vader's redemption. Breaking that memorable moment may very well be the last drop that spilled the glass.

    Here, here...cheers brother. 👍🏼 Though for me mostly just the disrespect of Luke was uncool.
    As for Palps coming back...not so big a deal to me. He always was sneaky and crafty so it fits his mo. If he used transference or a clone I'm cool with it.
    “There is always hope.”
  • how about shooting the sequel trilogy out of a cannon
  • Just call it Disney canon
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Hmmmm well I hope all the rumors about what the twist in the film is is wrong. Enough said.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Where have you been? I considered Disney to be the alternate timeline anyways since the beginning. Since they said they decided to can the whole EU back in 2014 or so
  • Agreed. Legends had it better where you could pick and choose what was canon and what wasn’t.

    Now everything is canon, unfortunately.

    And to be fair Dark Horse did a great job keeping it all in line for the stuff they made I.E. the Old Republic Era, Dark Empire and the New Jedi Order as well as filling in other tiny parts of the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War era. I never understood people who throw out "yeah but the EU had sooo much stuff that didn't make sense". Those sound like Disney slaves to me because I was reading SW comics and books in 2nd grade at my library and understood it all perfectly. So unless those said people like the reading and comprehensive skills of a 2nd grader, it wasn't hard to understand
  • Strogg1980
    2605 posts Member
    edited January 6
    I feel pretty neutral to this movie. I find that I don't really care about what happens to Rey or Kylo Ren. I just feel nothing for any of the new characters. It's not their acting or them personally. I just find the ST to be poor storytelling that doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. When I saw TLJ in theaters, I was pretty bored and was constantly hoping it was almost over. I'll still see TROS in theaters, but I'll likely wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down.

    Yup that's my issue. No character development. I liked FA, thought it was good in setting up a new era. But Last Jedi stunted character development and even negated it in some cases, which is baaad for a part 2. Part 2 in books and films is critical for expanding the story, but Johnson really[removed]it all up with what he did He used it to change things around and experiment with characters. That's stuff that should be reserved for comics and offshoot stories.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • I feel pretty neutral to this movie. I find that I don't really care about what happens to Rey or Kylo Ren. I just feel nothing for any of the new characters. It's not their acting or them personally. I just find the ST to be poor storytelling that doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. When I saw TLJ in theaters, I was pretty bored and was constantly hoping it was almost over. I'll still see TROS in theaters, but I'll likely wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down.
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Yup that's my issue. No character development. I liked FA, thought it was good in setting up a new era. But Last Jedi stunted character development and even negated it in some cases, which is baaad for a part 2. Part 2 in books and films is critical for expanding the story, but Johnson really ***** it all up with what he did He used it to change things around and experiment with characters. That's stuff that should be reserved for comics and offshoot stories.
    Thank you. Exactly. I unfortunately ran through this movie twice and it does NOT get better for me the second time around. It totally takes a major dump on Luke. The script mega slaps Poe in the face. It turns Finn into a coward early on. Which is bizarre because latter he's ready to die for the cause. So that earlier act does not make much sense. It just really seemed so disjointed and aimless. Rather pointless really.
    “There is always hope.”
Sign In or Register to comment.