criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

I am officially now not considering the sequel trilogy as canon.

2Next

Replies

  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Well he is saying that C-3PO has a bigger role, as for him saying how good the plot is, It is most likely the studio making him do it, remember when Mark Hammel was talking out about TLJ and then he got in trouble, Anthony Daniels is probably just not looking to get in trouble. Maybe this movie will be good, who knows, but from the leaks it sounds like it will be the worst so far, if some of the things I have heard are true then it will be a total disaster.
  • I'd take the statements of an actor about a movie during the run-up to release with a grain of salt
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Hes saying it to sell the film, he wont and cant say anything other than that. He has a pretty big role in the OT, and features a lot, and is pivotal towards parts of the storyline. Him downplaying the OT and his role in it but claiming IX is the best hes done is just him being made to sell it
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • how about shooting the sequel trilogy out of a cannon

    Hahahahaha amazing
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • anidriX wrote: »
    I don't think there's a movie on this Earth I hate more than The Last Jedi.

    Oh you poor young thing, there are so many bad, messed up, depraved or poorly written films out there that are worse than Last Jedi. I would like to introduce you to that wonderful world with this film:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FisgEVjED-Y
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Hes saying it to sell the film, he wont and cant say anything other than that. He has a pretty big role in the OT, and features a lot, and is pivotal towards parts of the storyline. Him downplaying the OT and his role in it but claiming IX is the best hes done is just him being made to sell it

    You obviously didn't read it completely. He said that even though 3PO didn't have to big of a role....... nothing will ever beat out the OT as the best SW films i've ever acted in. He says that the rise of skywalker is one of the best..... he didn't say it was better than all the rest. Do you remember if Daniels said that the PT was good and the best???? or did he ont say much about it? Because what he says about the PT is pretty true.
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Hes saying it to sell the film, he wont and cant say anything other than that. He has a pretty big role in the OT, and features a lot, and is pivotal towards parts of the storyline. Him downplaying the OT and his role in it but claiming IX is the best hes done is just him being made to sell it

    You obviously didn't read it completely. He said that even though 3PO didn't have to big of a role....... nothing will ever beat out the OT as the best SW films i've ever acted in. He says that the rise of skywalker is one of the best..... he didn't say it was better than all the rest. Do you remember if Daniels said that the PT was good and the best???? or did he ont say much about it? Because what he says about the PT is pretty true.

    I did - I'm not ignoring the fact that he said OT is the best, more the fact he didnt have a big role in it, which I don't think is correct. I agree he didnt have too much to do in the PT.

    But the point I was making is he is singing the praises of IX to sell it, as most of the actors and actresses will at this point. Disney arent honestly going to let them say 'well its a bit meh' are they? Same thing happened with TLJ with Mark Hamill, when the rumours he wasnt happy surfaced - he was suddenly brought out to say how great it was and he is fine with Rian etc. Whereas now we know, thanks to John Boyega, that both he and Mark found it iffy.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • remember that scene in AOTC when C3PO's head got put on a separatist robot body? wild
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually going by what Anthony Daniels said, the actor of 3PO, he said this when being asked about his time thru out the entirety of Star Wars.......


    "The OT will still always be the best Star Wars films i've ever played in..... even though 3PO didn't really have a big role to play in it.... it will still always be the best." He goes on, Etc. etc.


    "Now the PT... i never really got on board with the PT, it felt strange and too different, and just didn't feel very right... 3PO didn't have a very big role in it either......i felt kind of icky, when i played as 3PO in the PT." He goes on, Etc. etc.

    "The ST i and many others felt kinda pushed around in it." I think he was mainly talking about TLJ. "I as 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films...... but now in the rise of skywalker, i have too say that this is one of the best Star Wars films i've ever acted in, C-3PO has more of a role than ever before in the history of Star Wars, and for once plays such a vital part in the story. The rise of skywalker has such a great story and plot, it was rather sad and touching to see it all finally end, but it's been a journey, and JJ Abrams has such a great mind in it's creation, he's been known for his surprise types of ending films and the surprise in the rise of skywalker is a good one. I am not at all worried about those that are hating on the film and those that want too boycott it, those that refuse to see the rise of skywalker and want too boycott it i can almost guarantee they'll be the one's first in line to see it."


    I believe everything Anthony says about Star Wars is very true, this is the reason why i am still seeing the rise of skywalker, and am very hyped to see it..... Daniels even wrote a about his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star Wars, JJ Abrams even urged him to write a book about it, and Daniels asked if JJ would write a note in it, and JJ said he'd be honored too.

    Hes saying it to sell the film, he wont and cant say anything other than that. He has a pretty big role in the OT, and features a lot, and is pivotal towards parts of the storyline. Him downplaying the OT and his role in it but claiming IX is the best hes done is just him being made to sell it

    You obviously didn't read it completely. He said that even though 3PO didn't have to big of a role....... nothing will ever beat out the OT as the best SW films i've ever acted in. He says that the rise of skywalker is one of the best..... he didn't say it was better than all the rest. Do you remember if Daniels said that the PT was good and the best???? or did he ont say much about it? Because what he says about the PT is pretty true.

    I did - I'm not ignoring the fact that he said OT is the best, more the fact he didnt have a big role in it, which I don't think is correct. I agree he didnt have too much to do in the PT.

    But the point I was making is he is singing the praises of IX to sell it, as most of the actors and actresses will at this point. Disney arent honestly going to let them say 'well its a bit meh' are they? Same thing happened with TLJ with Mark Hamill, when the rumours he wasnt happy surfaced - he was suddenly brought out to say how great it was and he is fine with Rian etc. Whereas now we know, thanks to John Boyega, that both he and Mark found it iffy.

    I was actually basically saying what he said, you should read what he said in full, i believe what he says about the rise of skywalker because if it was just to sell it as you say..... then he wouldn't be bashing the other two ST films, and he didn't exactly say that 3PO didn't have that big of a role in the OT...... what he said was that the OT will always be the best SW trilogy he's acted in, and that 3PO was more like R2's counterpart, more like a companion, and he didn't do much special like R2 did. In which i agree with because 3PO didn't really do much of anything important, which was not left to happen in the OT, since that was the start.... but the PT 3PO should've had more of a role and actually done something important, instead of just randomly popping up, and happens to be Anakin's droid. Cause the death star plans wouldn't have been delivered if it wasn't for R2, 3PO surely wouldn't have done it, so i think that's what Daniels means by that 3PO didn't do much of anything important, but the PT should've kinda clarified 3PO's role a bit more, but of course it didn't.


    I believe what he says about the rise of skywalker is from the heart though, and not just by what disney wants him to say, because would you think that disney would want Daniels to bash the other ST films? He said that him and many others felt a little pushed around in the ST, i believe he was mainly talking about TLJ.... then he says that 3PO was but decor in the last two ST films, so i highly doubt that disney would allow him to say that about the ST. Plus the main reason why i think this is what he's saying and not what disney wants him to say is because Anthony Daniels is even releasing a new book called, "I am C-3PO" and this book states all that i say here about the rise of skywalker being epic and about it being one of the best SW films he's acted in..... and how the OT will always be the best and how he didn't really care to act as 3PO in the PT, so this i believe him on what he says about the rise of skywalker, because he says that it's been such a journey with the rise of skywalker, and this book he's coming out with he was already thinking about writing a book, so he asked JJ Abrams if he should write a book, because he was thinking about doing that, and JJ said sure, i would, and Daniels asked JJ if he would write a little note in the book, and JJ said he'd be honored.
  • lol noone cares what YOU consider as canon

    its canon that is a fact

    Disney owns lucas films
    and lucas films created Star wars
    Sure Disney says something but
    Lucas film has many similarities taken from Georges original concept

    Qira and Rey are exactly the same
    Jedi killer is exactly the same as kylo

    luke had a similar arc but instead of being a grumpy boy he was a mentally ill boy
    and palpatine seemingly was destined to be back but once and for all striked

    If you like it or not

    ITS CANON

    and Ben solo is one of the best addition to star wars

    Fiction is not fact, there is no fact, it’s all made up folks... it’s Imaginary. The concept of “canonical” works are that they corresponds to a reality (actual events), there is no reality to Star Wars. The Old EU is as made up as the New. No point in getting worked up about these arguments...
  • bfloo
    16581 posts Member
    lol noone cares what YOU consider as canon

    its canon that is a fact

    Disney owns lucas films
    and lucas films created Star wars
    Sure Disney says something but
    Lucas film has many similarities taken from Georges original concept

    Qira and Rey are exactly the same
    Jedi killer is exactly the same as kylo

    luke had a similar arc but instead of being a grumpy boy he was a mentally ill boy
    and palpatine seemingly was destined to be back but once and for all striked

    If you like it or not

    ITS CANON

    and Ben solo is one of the best addition to star wars

    Fiction is not fact, there is no fact, it’s all made up folks... it’s Imaginary. The concept of “canonical” works are that they corresponds to a reality (actual events), there is no reality to Star Wars. The Old EU is as made up as the New. No point in getting worked up about these arguments...

    There is a point, those of us not that focused on the debate can enjoy

    680k0r9gpynm.png

    while we watch
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Spiito
    2096 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    [...] I care. <- That's all that matters to me. You think I care at all even if a billion people like something and I don't? No way. Doesn't matter at all.
    If all you care about is how you feel about something then what you feel about something is not worth much.
    [...] Just because a company owns something that you once liked, doesn't mean you have to go along with it anymore.
    This is an astonishingly agreeable thing. But how you compose your expressions is important too.
    [...] "Lucasfilm created star wars" hahahahaha. George Lucas created Star Wars!!! He's a person with a working mind!! That's where star wars came from. [...] He didn't actually sell it with his imagination attached and promise of new good movies haha.
    No singular person is solely responsible for one contribution they provide. The mistakes of the crew working under Lucas also took place and had lasting effects on what would be known as Star Wars. Not only that, he would take advice from other people about his work. From latest news, Lucas' actually disappointed that pieces of his imaginative plot points weren't used. Regardless, he and Disney both fail audiences, as we all fail each other as a species.
    New generations rise and fall, but remain plateaued, forgetting and relearning things they drop and pick up again later, as they have to relearn everything others previously knew, and all the knowledge we collect we cannot contain 100%. As more people emerge, more mistakes take place. The "They can fly now???" line drastically brings into focus how new generations don't know things that were common knowledge in previous generations.
    Lucas wanted to tell a story of resisting the darkside and not trusting everything easily. From what I know of that, to me, it looks like he wanted to teach. And that's what Star Wars is continuing to do. It's a pity that you don't seem to pick up on that.
    [...] It'll survive on brain dead nostalgic drones. I thought I made all that pretty clear.
    That's your perspective. It's crude, narrow, lacking foresight, and hostile. If you're as smart as you want to believe you are, I find it difficult to come to terms with your obvious baser instincts getting the better of you, such as they are.
    [...]Believe me, if they could jump inside my mind for a moment and see...
    [...] But hey, we don't live in a world where they can jump in my mind. Oh well.
    Sympathy, empathy, and compassion allow others to relate to and understand your situation.
    Judging by how you conduct yourself in the highlighted areas above, it seems as though you are unable to relate to others, so it seems likely that you assume others cannot relate to you.

    Instead of pointing out and dwelling on which things you don't like, why don't you start trying to provide alternative suggestions as to what creative paths you'd like to see being taken. (Older Directors taking charge, isn't a creative idea. To paraphrase; "Just let someone else do the thinking" doesn't tell me what you're trying to say with all your focus on intellect. )

    Wknuto!
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    I have constructed a very brilliant and complicated headcanon that in Universe the Sequel Trilogy is actually the creation of Jawas on Tatooine

    Sometime after the GCW a movie studio ship crashed on tatooine, the Jawas recovered the wreckage and in time amassed the knowledge on how to make movies

    However creatively they had a lot of issues. This is why so many things in the ST seem to be recycled from the past two trilogies because the Jawas are both trying to recreate history and plagerize at the same time

    It also explains why Rey is so powerful so quickly, because she's a scavenger, just like the Jawas
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!