criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Using non-sabre heroes is still an abysmal experience on console.

With the weekend event being 'Boots on the Ground' for which I have absolutely no interest what so ever (because why not make just either Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy instead of both ... really smart ...), I decided to give HvV a go again.

I haven't played that game mode for quite a while now, as it's just brutally bad on consoles. Maybe it's the same on PC, I can't comment on that.
Balancing has never been the strong suit of DICE when it comes to the heroes, but the non-sabre using heroes are basically extinct on consoles, due to how inferior they are.
Considering that nothing has been done against being thrown around like a Ragdoll and Server lag, selecting a non-sabre hero from the dark side is basically throwing the match.

I really like Palpatine, but the game makes a lot of effort into making me hate playing with him. Which is ironic given that he one of the most powerful Sith who ever lived, yet he can be thrown around like a common soldier ...

Here's a little portion I saved with my PS4:

This is my general experience 80% of the time playing anything but a sabre user.

It just baffles me that we are past the 2 year mark, and we still have to put up with stuff like constant server lag and awful balancing.

Replies

• Firstly you had a team playing together against you while yours didn't seem up to much.

Stop going 1 v 4 on the enemy when your team is nowhere to be seen.

When attacking, don't turn away and run as they''ll slash you from behind. Spin through them, turn around and zap them. Rinse and repeat. Throw in a few back dodges and a jump if needed but you're better off zipping around them than running off.. Hopefully your team will turn up and helpu out.. lol
    If you get pulled by Anni, you can turn in mid air to aim away from him. Soon as you land, spam the spin move and get the hell out of there. If you're quick enough, you can escape most times.

Use him like a vulture, attack those that your team is attacking.

giphy.gif

• Firstly you had a team playing together against you while yours didn't seem up to much.

Stop going 1 v 4 on the enemy when your team is nowhere to be seen.

When attacking, don't turn away and run as they''ll slash you from behind. Spin through them, turn around and zap them. Rinse and repeat. Throw in a few back dodges and a jump if needed but you're better off zipping around them than running off.. Hopefully your team will turn up and helpu out.. lol
    If you get pulled by Anni, you can turn in mid air to aim away from him. Soon as you land, spam the spin move and get the hell out of there. If you're quick enough, you can escape most times.

Use him like a vulture, attack those that your team is attacking.

As much as light side heroes do in fact use cheesy tactics here and there. When playing as the emperor I completely agree. Don’t engage in 4v1s, but if you happen to Get caught in those situations the emperor is the king of straight out dukes.

It does take skill at times DOnki but if you are playing the emperor. Best believe Palpatine isn’t exactly a respected character at the moment so best to expect taunts on death as most palpatines show no mercy so you can’t expect the same.
  • Han can cheese people with his charge fling then unload with his overload

Iden can stun then unload and her shield is super strong, her secondary is pretty good too

Lando has a literal disruptor that stuns and makes for easy kills with his middle ability

Bossk is the king of crowd control and area denial

Boba is an annoying fly just out of reach

I could go on and on, not every hero/villain can hold their own while in a fair outright duel let alone against multiple people. It’s like overwatch or rainbow six siege you have to learn the different play styles and counters because each one is unique.
  • if you're losing 1v1's to sabre hero's with Palpatine then...... idk what to tell you...

like you could literally just toy with them back and forth if u wanted
  • Heros/Villans are not meant to be "balanced", but more "complimentary" (console or not). Bossk cannot always take on Anakin 1v1, just like Leia can't always stand toe-to-toe w/Vader. I mean, sometimes you can drop one w/the other, but it takes a skilled player and a bit of luck to pull those off. HvV is a team based mode for a reason; You've got to work together to pull off a win. Trying to "Rambo" the other team will get you killed every time, not to mention frustrate you to the point that you have to post about it.
    "Watch those wrist rockets!"
    -Unknown Clone Trooper

psnID: errornosignal
  • ^^ Yes.
    Same goes in GA. Troops smash heroes all the time. Flank the sabres, work as a team. If you run with your squad and stick together heroes die pretty easily.