criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

HvV dark side owning

Dark side win rate now 90% to 10%.There is no point to play with light side because no matter how good u are u still going to die vs this op Vader and this God tier Palpatine.

Replies

• There is guy yoda901. I've been talking to him with topics similar to this my friend. And yes you are right to an extent.

Dark side heroes in my opinion are really fun because their abilities as well as their independent play style which can also serve its purpose as a combo tool but not reliant upon another’s ability. They aren’t a repeat of another villain.

Sure one can debate that some light side heroes don’t have the 'same push' which is correct but it’s most the time nothing new or fun to say the least. The same goes for the blaster heroes. The dark side just happen to be far greater in terms of a unique opportunity and you can see it.

Boba Fett is an all terrain terror of the skies. No other hero can traverse like him.

Bossk is the strongest multi purpose blaster hero. Two weapon configurations with the sniper being far greater than Iden's for some reason. Perfect abilities to capitalise any objective either defence or on opposition. Full health Regen. Traverse only shorter than Grievous. Best blaster boi in game.

Emperor is the perfect example of no risk high reward, immense dps and traversal. Powerful abilities, no deflection risk, CC on steroids. No other hero has a constant crowd controlling primary fire that auto locks and is far more consistent than any projectile of sort.

Vader: A perfect hero from day 1. The ultimate tank. Played this game for two years and this boi just won’t give up his position on my list as being the BEST hero of all time. Lightsaber throw is a reliable intimidation tactic as well as ranged attack. Choke is the best ability in the entire game. Focused Rage makes you unstoppable. 4v1 king. GA shield.

Kylo Ren has unique abilities. First and best pull that can be activated in mid air. Frenzy is a punish tool. Freeze, the best stun in the entire game. Team player on roids.

Maul the fastest man in the galaxy besides Luke with every ability playing perfectly with his amazing momentum.

Iden is a wannabe imperial bossk. Immense firepower, Alt spam is better than Leia's IMO. 1v1 blaster hero monster.

Phasma is the camper commander. Extremely hard to kill when protected by droid an other teammates. Constant oppressive fire at the back. Unbeatable if played right.

Grievous just straight out wins. 1v1s are an absolute joke. Intimidation king. High damage. Freaking scary to see. My HvV wildcard when losing (besides Vader).

Count Dooku: High Risk - Extremely High reward. Targeting system no other hero has. Duelist is scary. Overall, a1v1 Beast in the right hands.

The light side in a nutshell;
    Blaster heroes; some weapon configuration that shoots differently than their default. A grenade of sort ranging from a good explosive, okay stun or a rubbish last minute grenade. And some sort of defence ability that happens to be countered 90% of the time.

Lightsaber heroes; Most have a push of sort, most have a dash of sort and at least one ability that only slightly makes them different from the rest but still like the same. Mind trick, another circle push and maybe the occasional buff that Finn and Yoda have.

Light side has to play together in order to achieve that unique play style.

• Well Dark Side will get buffs/bug fixes as of Wednesday, Light Side (Han and Lando) got dodge during Sharpshooter/Sharp Shot, a nerf (Luke), bug fixes, or nothing (Yoda/Leia/Finn/Etc...).

So DS vs LS is already rather skewed, unless maybe pre-made vs pre-made, even then as of Wednesday DS is just getting better. Hoping for LS buffs when the Rise of Skywalker patch comes out. As of Wednesday, probably just going to quit LS HvV games, I just don't feel like the Devs play the same game, definitely not HvV/HSD.

They buffed Sith Trained for Grievous...and left Yoda rather useless...didn't even fix the Presence bug...need I say more...
  • LordMuro wrote: »
    Dark side win rate now 90% to 10%.There is no point to play with light side because no matter how good u are u still going to die vs this op Vader and this God tier Palpatine.

Maybe partially down to user error... If you know how to use ur LS hero then it's not all bad... Learn to counter..

giphy.gif

• unless something has changed since ive played last...

Chewie was always the great equalizer
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    unless something has changed since ive played last...

Chewie was always the great equalizer

Chewie is good, I wouldn't say he is "the great equalizer" good though. His bowcaster drop-off range needs to be increased so that he does a little more damage at range. Charge slam need to break guard, I mean he is slamming the ground... But Han's can hit you through lightsaber guard with his shoulder...

• I can confirm this.

I think the dark side is just more powerful than the light side.

If HvV had 3 modes:

1. Mixed HvV (lightsaber user + blaster heroes, including palpatine)
    2. Only lightsaber
    3. Only lightsaber

This would lead to much less frustration.