criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Rise of Skywalker Update & Release Notes

Replies

• Sounds exciting but what’s with all the handholding. I thought it had been made pretty clear we wanted less of that???
  • Looks great, and AWESOME trailer.
  • Will there be air to ground on the new map?

Yes
  • Will there be air to ground on the new map?

Yes

No
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    ... everything he says about the PT is also very true.

meh, from a certain point of view, maybe

Well i mean from a lot of people's points of views. Like all the PT films getting a lower rating than TFA.

Also a lot of people think Disney Star Wars does not make sense so yeah, there are fans who like the ST and hate the PT and the other way around.
  • First time i see new content outside the prequels, i think i'm going to cry...
    Ny shootogawa!
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    First time i see new content outside the prequels, i think i'm going to cry...

:D I here ya.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    ... everything he says about the PT is also very true.

meh, from a certain point of view, maybe

Well i mean from a lot of people's points of views. Like all the PT films getting a lower rating than TFA.

Also a lot of people think Disney Star Wars does not make sense so yeah, there are fans who like the ST and hate the PT and the other way around.

Or it's just mainly people that liked it.... and thought that TFA was just better made than the PT films, at least that's what i hear a lot on here, like people like the clone wars show....... but just don't really like the PT films, i seem to see that a lot.

Yeah whatever
  • This....This is good.
    PSN is on my name.
  • "OBI-WAN KENOBI

Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
    "

giphy.gif

Finally

Thank goodness. Now getting mind tricked as a blaster hero isn’t an automatic death sentence!

Yes thank goodness now vader & palpatine & the rest of the villains will destroy the lightside again in HvV. Might as well bring the target system back

That thing was broken. The LS needs meaningful buffs not some broken op shi t. LIke a LEIA BUFF.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• So the new classes are not their own classes wirh unique star cards? 😴
  • Kill4nia7
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So we just gonna neglect the fact that the Lightside has Completely turned to crap with all these stupid as Nerfs, but the dark side is completely broken. Why can’t Dice ever ask it’s community first how we feel about these nerfs before actually deciding to just do it. RIP Obi
  • I don't hate the change to Obi, but I don't like it either considering Boba's air dodge
  • Hey, did i miss the info or does the post not state the exact time the patch will drop?
  • Wow read it all and just YAYs and not a single NAY ^^

Great stuff!
  • This is great, bravo on all. The quality of life changes are fantastic and love the counters added to the hero abilities.
    Also finaly we an use jump for Fett to fly, and those other visuals for his fuel etc. thanks Dice!!!
  • Awesome trailer!! Cant wait to check out the new stuff!!
    SQUAD SPAWN TWEAKS
    We’re tweaking how Squad Spawning works in Blast, Strike and Extraction. Our goal here is to help increase how quickly you can get back into the action with your squad and to reduce the amount of time you have to spend running from the default spawn location.
    Reduced minimum distance from enemy with line of sight from 25 to 13 metres
    Reduced minimum distance from enemy without line of sight from 10 to 8 metres
    Increased minimum distance from grenade from 8 to 9 metres
    Reduced minimum out of combat time from 4 to 2 seconds

Ummm thanks but can we rather get more maps and content for Extraction....???
  • "OBI-WAN KENOBI

"

giphy.gif

Finally

Thank goodness. Now getting mind tricked as a blaster hero isn’t an automatic death sentence!

Yes thank goodness now vader & palpatine & the rest of the villains will destroy the lightside again in HvV. Might as well bring the target system back

That thing was broken. The LS needs meaningful buffs not some broken op shi t. LIke a LEIA BUFF.

Not to mention it was made useless against troopers entirely smh. No one should ever use this ability ever again.
  • Waiting on that phase II pauldron
  • -My friends: Are you going to play this new trash era?. -Me: NOPE
  • Please fix the issue in Co op where I the player gets teamed up with 2 other people and the last person gets paired on the other team making it a 3v1 instead of 4vs all bots. Please fix this
  • Please fix the issue in Co op where I the player gets teamed up with 2 other people and the last person gets paired on the other team making it a 3v1 instead of 4vs all bots. Please fix this
  • Regarding Darth Vader, when are you gonna make their choke out kills count as kills?
  • OBI-WAN KENOBI
    Obiwan's mind trick doesn't affect dodges anymore?... Then what's the point? Half the time it doesn't even work for the abilities anyways, and now theres no way to stop Maul or Palpatine from just running away every second of the match
  • @F8RGE Can't even play the new map upon release, gotta wait till the 20th. Failure. STILL no new trooper blasters that you've promised before launch. Do you even intend on releasing those finished and fully functional trooper blasters??? Over two years, and not a SINGLE new blaster for troopers. Absolutle failure. Still no droideka buffs, range, shield. Failure. Still no server stability fixes. Failure. At-sts can't speed up unless you hold the stick, and i want to be able to press it once to go faster. Fix that.
  • Why is there no mention of the new heroes? Aren’t they coming tomorrow? In the CT they dedicated only a sentence to their announcement.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Why is there no mention of the new heroes? Aren’t they coming tomorrow? In the CT they dedicated only a sentence to their announcement.

@anidriX next year
  • Well just great, lets just give all good and cool stuff to the dark side and NERF light side once more! GOOD JOB DICE Obi-Wan is dead and all but useless. Nice way to ruin maybe one fo the most well balanced heroes into the mud.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Why is there no mention of the new heroes? Aren’t they coming tomorrow? In the CT they dedicated only a sentence to their announcement.

@anidriX next year

Oh, right, January. But ST Co-Op does come out this month, what's the hero roster then? I expected the droids to be on them.
  • Obi's nerf wasn't really necessary but all my Vader deaths was due to it, so I don't mind it but still...
    And he needs to be compensated for this...like his force push or defensive rush in some way. For example if you hold and push it does full damage in given range plus more, if not it still gets the same range but with less damage as if it was Luke's push.

And for some reason I think the super troll Boba going to be even a mega troll now. Oh well let's see what bugs the update brings.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    QUALITY OF LIFE
    • Added a system on Co-Op and Capital Supremacy that allows squad mates to signal in UI which capture point they are intending to go to.
    • Weapon crosshairs are now dimmed when the player cannot fire (such as when deploying a weapon).

BOBA FETT
    • Improvements to Boba Fett's jetpack including:
    • Continued momentum when out of fuel
    • Fuel bars are shown near the crosshair
    • Boba can no longer crouch while in the air which avoids accidentally landing directly into a crouch
    • Fuel now regenerates while jumping
    • Boba can now fly by holding Jump as well as by holding the Zoom input.

DARTH VADER
    • Darth Vader can now use his Choke ability even if there's no target.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    • Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.

thankthemaker.gif

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Obi's nerf wasn't really necessary but all my Vader deaths was due to it, so I don't mind it but still...
    And he needs to be compensated for this...like his force push or defensive rush in some way. For example if you hold and push it does full damage in given range plus more, if not it still gets the same range but with less damage as if it was Luke's push.

And for some reason I think the super troll Boba going to be even a mega troll now. Oh well let's see what bugs the update brings.

I agree Boba is more of a nuisance then a villain
  • AI Vehicles for Coop? Yes please? Still don't see it in the notes...
  • Amazing trailer thank you Dice, all the guys who still work on the game. Such a great job 👏
  • Rmt only works maybe half the times its used, so this was overkill. The mind tricks should never have stacked. Rmt should've been more reliable but active for a shorter time. That's all that was needed for balance.

Now it simply joins Leia's flash, Lando's smoke, Anakin's PS...
    LS can't catch a break.
  • @F8RGE Can't even play the new map upon release, gotta wait till the 20th. Failure. STILL no new trooper blasters that you've promised before launch. Do you even intend on releasing those finished and fully functional trooper blasters??? Over two years, and not a SINGLE new blaster for troopers. Absolutle failure. Still no droideka buffs, range, shield. Failure. Still no server stability fixes. Failure. At-sts can't speed up unless you hold the stick, and i want to be able to press it once to go faster. Fix that.

New Map - probably because the movie doesn't release until 19th. At least gives the most hard-core fans an opportunity to watch the movie before it is revealed in the game.

Blasters - I think Dennis said the Reinforcement weapons were new blasters. Bit of a cop out, but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Droidekas do NOT need buffs. Hell no.

Server stability?

AT-ST sprint stick - Yeah, gotta be pretty low on the list...
  • When will you update the clone troopers' armor? it is still broken phase 1 and 2, the torso pieces have to be sealed together, not flapping open like stormtroopers' armor or old fatty Rex from Rebels.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Can't even play the new map upon release, gotta wait till the 20th. Failure. STILL no new trooper blasters that you've promised before launch. Do you even intend on releasing those finished and fully functional trooper blasters??? Over two years, and not a SINGLE new blaster for troopers. Absolutle failure. Still no droideka buffs, range, shield. Failure. Still no server stability fixes. Failure. At-sts can't speed up unless you hold the stick, and i want to be able to press it once to go faster. Fix that.

New Map - probably because the movie doesn't release until 19th. At least gives the most hard-core fans an opportunity to watch the movie before it is revealed in the game.

Blasters - I think Dennis said the Reinforcement weapons were new blasters. Bit of a cop out, but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Server stability?

Droidekas suck atm
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Can't even play the new map upon release, gotta wait till the 20th. Failure. STILL no new trooper blasters that you've promised before launch. Do you even intend on releasing those finished and fully functional trooper blasters??? Over two years, and not a SINGLE new blaster for troopers. Absolutle failure. Still no droideka buffs, range, shield. Failure. Still no server stability fixes. Failure. At-sts can't speed up unless you hold the stick, and i want to be able to press it once to go faster. Fix that.

Server stability?

Droidekas suck atm

Mate, they really don't. You must be playing them wrong.
  • Well here they are, all the new skins, the new classes, the new hero abilities (seen visually) coming with "The Rise of Skywalker".

Aaaaaaand here's the official breakdown.
    It finally has arrived. All the details you need to know. All "Instant Action" stuff will arrive in January according to DICE.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Downloading the game
    source.gif
    Ny shootogawa!
  • Illyrian_King
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Mate, they really don't. You must be playing them wrong.

No, indeed they suck ;b
    You need to get this close, but can't stand your own with that big frame, no mobility and such a weak shield.
  • Randall1028
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019

WHY?!? Now every freaking palpatine and blaster hero will continue to dodge and run away for the entire match, then, once you are engaged with someone else or far enough away, take you out with a cheap kill.

If you’re gonna do this, at least make the dodges take damage like the lightsaber heroes deal with. You shouldn’t be able to roll away scott-free all the time.

If you’re really looking to nerf lightside (for some reason), how about neutering Han a bit?
  • I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Obi Wan mains suddenly cried out in terror and were forced to learn how to lightsaber duel.