criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Rise of Skywalker Update & Release Notes

Replies

• gospa55350 wrote: »
    RIP LS in HvV😔

???

Uhm the darkside is vastly superior

Luke, Han, and Anakin would like to know your location.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    No Leia buff =(

Obi-Wan just got hit hard for HvV - please make his defensive rush better - make it block all force abilities and lightning

Will the Jet Troopers only fly with the jump button since the can "aim" and "hover"?

I agree with it blocking lightning, but not force abilities.
  • Randall1028
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    brienj wrote: »
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Obi Wan mains suddenly cried out in terror and were forced to learn how to lightsaber duel.

Other way around. We used it so people would stop running away and actually duel.

Also, pis*ing contest aside here: what IS the purpose of RMT now? It has a pointless effect on troopers and it can only delay force powers for 2 seconds, which dodging will buy the needed space and time for it to be lifted...

So what is it for?
    Post edited by Randall1028 on
  • awakespace wrote: »
    No Leia buff =(

Obi-Wan just got hit hard for HvV - please make his defensive rush better - make it block all force abilities and lightning

Will the Jet Troopers only fly with the jump button since the can "aim" and "hover"?

I agree with it blocking lightning, but not force abilities.

I agree as well with the blocking of Palpatine's lightning. Force other force powers would be over kill.
    RIP LS in HvV😔

???

Vader, boba, grevious, kylo, iden, bossk, phasma, dooku, maul &palpatine would like to say hello
    RIP LS in HvV😔

???

Vader, boba, grevious, kylo, iden, bossk, phasma, dooku, maul &palpatine would like to say hello

point taken
  • Would it be possible to revert the AI in co-op to their state before the introduction of the defend mode? Right now the AI is insane and kinda unbearable. I'm getting a little tired of almost constant failures in co-op mode after the update seemed to break something and made them better than real players.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • brienj wrote: »
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Obi Wan mains suddenly cried out in terror and were forced to learn how to lightsaber duel.

Other way around. We used it so people would stop running away and actually duel.

Also, ***** contest aside here: what IS the purpose of RMT now? It has a pointless effect on troopers and it can only delay force powers for 2 seconds, which dodging will buy the needed space and time for it to be lifted...

So what is it for?

Accurate. Obi-Wan and Anakin actually worked really well in conjunction because of the RMT. Obi-Wan's RMT actually allowed Anakin's Passionate Strike to hit. But that team combo won't exist anymore I see. A mechanic that I really want to see from RMT, is that if a villain's certain ability is active and Obi-Wan uses the mind trick, it would stop the ability. Say you're fighting Vader, and Vader starts choking your teammate(s), using the Mind Trick would stop it(the Choke would be refunded to Vader, but unavailable until the mind trick wears off). Phasma's Survivor would be canceled as well as Dooku's Expose Weakness, Boba Fett's For The Hunt, Bossk's Predator Instincts, Grievous's Unrelenting Advance(although it would prove the name false[but hey, there's already a bug where Grievous can be pulled out of it by Anakin, so why not?]), and so on and so forth. Remember, this wouldn't apply to every ability, only the ones that incapacitate your teammates in some major way(excluding Pulls, Iden's stun, Phasma's ***** dro-I mean, First Order Sentry Droid, Dooku's lightning etc.).

Also, ***** contest aside here: what IS the purpose of RMT now? It has a pointless effect on troopers and it can only delay force powers for 2 seconds, which dodging will buy the needed space and time for it to be lifted...

So what is it for?

Obi Wan: Block, block, block, oh here comes Rey and Ani, RMT, start swinging with Rey and Ani.
  • Looks amazing. Props to the team at DICE for the hard work they’ve done to raise this game above all post launch expectations.

Going to the movie Saturday afternoon. I’ll be glued to my screen rocking the new Co-op maps all night.
  • I'm more hyped than ever for this update!!
    Just existing.
  • In that trailer, Kylo Ren actually had a different force 'freeze' type of ability where he froze them, lifted them, then slammed them to the ground. Can we get that instead of a weak-sauce pull which requires a card to do a whopping 50 damage?

So what is it for?

Obi Wan: Block, block, block, oh here comes Rey and Ani, RMT, start swinging with Rey and Ani.
    Lol what game are you playing where there’s that much cohesion on the team??
  • SaberPrime
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019

So what is it for?

HvV? You sound like a player that runs in and impulse uses abilities on the first enemy you see with no thought or plan. Probably run in 1v4 after the first team wipe and just feed the other team kills too. =/

Leave it out with the insults ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Everyone that's saying the light side is now less superior than the dark side are overreacting. Have you forgotten Yoda and Finn's health buffs? Have you played with Luke and Anakin?
  • ThuckerPunch
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Until off the map playing is stopped, NO update is worth lighting a candle to. This has been a major issue since the release, even in beta & alpha.

How about we leave out the inappropriate comments towards the devs ~Rtas
  • Randall1028
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    SaberPrime wrote: »

So what is it for?

HvV? You sound like a player that runs in and impulse uses abilities on the first enemy you see with no thought or plan. Probably run in 1v4 after the first team wipe and just feed the other team kills too. =/

Yup, that’s it. You caught me. Your powers of deduction know no equal. I don’t even wait for the enemy to show up on my screen, I fire off all my powers immediately as soon as I spawn, every time. And as soon as they recharge I fire them all again, enemy or ally in front makes no difference. Sometimes even at the wall.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
  • Gotta be the pessimist here: Era Selector ONLY for Coop?! You gotta be kidding me... and this is really the brand new frontend system we were teased about? Truly disappointed with this one, seriously.

Regarding the rest, I am excited and am looking forward to actually playing it. Although I wonder if this whole "slams to the ground, knocks enemies over" thing won't get annoying pretty fast.

Think they said CS as well
  • This. This, DICE, is why this is one of my favorite games. The trailer was absolutely beautiful, the new skins, heroes, weapons and reinforcements look amazing. I'm so excited for when I'm finally going to be able to play it. I had surgery on my shoulder today so I won't be able to play, unfortunately for 6 weeks since my arm is in a sling, but you can bet once it's healed this will be one of the first things I play.

So grateful c: Thank you, DICE. This really brings out the inner child in me.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Thank you being so diligent to the very end and not spoiling the movie for us. Not just in writing this CT, but throughout the whole build up. Much love for that.

P.S. oh and.... yea the update is looking pretty sick. Thank you for an amazing, best on-going game worthy year. We'll get 'em next year! Have a great Holiday Season DICE. Enjoy it as much as we will be playing your game!
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    @F8RGE is there any info on who attacks and who defends for each of the ST Coop maps? I assume it's the same as GA?
  • Thank you for the Anakin fix! (footsteps)
  • Genin wrote: »
    Congratulations for the update! I think I will love the new reinforcements and I can't wait to play CS in others eras!

But...

...one minute of silence for the space battles of episode 9... looks like we'll never see any on battlefront 2 :(

As somebody said, it would be great if we could see, at least, starfighters in CS, maybe in a second phase dedicated to destroy the enemy capital ship. It would be G-R-E-A-T and will make CS the definitive star wars experience! PLEASE!!

Agreed. If they added Ships to CS and Instant Action they wouldn’t need to update Starfighters modes anymore. Then all they’d need to do is add new starfighter. (More hero shops and bombers for the Sequel Trilogy, possibly even a SF Reinforcement Class!)
  • Game needs more SA content.

Oh there exists that mode 😂
  • Not excited for Obi Wan’s ability removal, it seems like his ability won’t do much of anything and Reys which is weaker in canon is much stronger and more useful than Obi Wans. It’s kind of weird that was a change made. If anything they should have increased Dookus Lightning Range, Reworked Idens Pulse Canon, Gave Chewie more Health Regen (because he’s a Wookiee, maybe even full health regen so he can be Bossk’s equal). Excited for the Boba rework and the Leia one coming. Looking forward to reinforcements they I hope they bump the Droidekas shield by a few hundred to make them tanks as well as damage reduction when they’re transforming. Also hope they add Starfighters to CS and IA as well as several more reinformcents, hero’s (looking forward to the new ones, but hope they add Poe and Pry/Hux later, as well as Rebels, Rogue One, and several other main prequel hero’s that are missing). Lastly a Palpatine appearance (Could be higher than Legendary) with lightsabers even though they said they’re not.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Droidekas suck atm.

No they don't.
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Mate, they really don't. You must be playing them wrong.

Correct.
    No, indeed they suck ;b
    You need to get this close, but can't stand your own with that big frame, no mobility and such a weak shield.

How to play as Droideka (Destroyer Droids):
    (1.) If approaching the enemy get close but not right up on them. Pause behind an object, open up, activate the shield and move into the open. Now seek your target and activate L & R bumper for Overload (rapid fire).

(2.) When the shield drops go mobile. Do not stay in one place. Seek cover if you must behind a pillar or wall. If you get overwhelmed, do a strategic withdrawal.
    Recoup your health and come back.

(3.) Repeat 1 & 2

I can do lots of damage this way.

Just remember major threats will be Jump Troopers with rockets, Wookiee Thermal imploders, Heroes and Commandos, so stay frosty soldier. But you probably already know that. 😎

“There is always hope.”
  • Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.

WHY?!? Now every freaking palpatine and blaster hero will continue to dodge and run away for the entire match, then, once you are engaged with someone else or far enough away, take you out with a cheap kill.

If you’re gonna do this, at least make the dodges take damage like the lightsaber heroes deal with. You shouldn’t be able to roll away scott-free all the time.

If you’re really looking to nerf lightside (for some reason), how about neutering Han a bit?

Speaking of which for Palpatines dodging, they should tone him down. He’s an old man he can’t jump 30 ft. in the air every 3 secs then dodge and keep it up for an entire battle. His agility is over rediculous. Give him a lightsaber with a new skin to compensate and tone down his evading stamina.
  • Gotta be the pessimist here: Era Selector ONLY for Coop?! You gotta be kidding me... and this is really the brand new frontend system we were teased about? Truly disappointed with this one, seriously.

Regarding the rest, I am excited and am looking forward to actually playing it. Although I wonder if this whole "slams to the ground, knocks enemies over" thing won't get annoying pretty fast.

Think they said CS as well

Yeah, well, in January when CS comes to ST (if it is not delayed). But why not put it into GA already? After 2 years this would have been the time, especially with the new reinforcements already available throughout december.

In addition to that, I think people were expecting to get rid of this death star looking menu, which was meant to be in place only temporarily. But again, no statement regarding this unfortunately
  • Game needs more SA content.

Oh there exists that mode 😂

Not only exists... it's also one of the most beloved mode of the game.
  • member24
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Why did you weaken Obi-Wan and Bosque?
    Ask me, please put it back You guys have made this game very good recently. But this fix is ​​the only mistake you made.

Let's cool it on the insults ~Rtas
  • LordiOfChaos
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    member24 wrote: »
    Why did you weaken Obi-Wan and Bosque?
    Ask me, please put it back You guys have made this game very good recently. But this fix is ​​the only mistake you made.

I absolutely agree, this is the biggest mistake, cause the dark side can go all the way forward, and just ignore obi-wan RTM. Palp wont care, Dooku wont care, Iden will laugh and wont care, vader wont care anymore either and he is so powerful right now even without a damage reduction. Obi-wan should have been left the same as he was. Or at least if you destroy his RTM buff his other abilities.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
  • RIP LS in HvV😔

How is LS nerfed?
  • That 2.38min trailer is far more enjoyable to watch than 7 chapters of The Mandalorian.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • Why not just get rid of regular troopers? You don't seem to care at all about them except to be cannon fodder for your obsession with enforcers and having their abilities override trooper cards (infiltration for example) in addition to making heroes more and more powerful as you keep "balancing" them.
  • There should be an option for when you choose to defend or to attack in co-op for each era!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • Dingbattin_1000
    196 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    anidriX wrote: »
    Why not just get rid of regular troopers? You don't seem to care at all about them except to be cannon fodder for your obsession with enforcers and having their abilities override trooper cards (infiltration for example) in addition to making heroes more and more powerful as you keep "balancing" them.

Let’s make one thing clear, regular troopers ARE canon fodder and that is not wrong that’s why they go around in numbers, reinforcements and heroes are tiered units and will always be more powerful, they cost BP and there’s fewer of them in the field at any given time. What do you expect, for a single trooper to have a chance against a Jedi? Or any hero for that matter? They are fine, they are infantry. Strong in numbers, weak on their own.
    This doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be subject to receiving content by the way.

I'm not saying they should be able to take out a hero solo in any way...not sure where you got that from. With all the reinforcements there are fewer and fewer troopers around. If they want a hero and enforcement mode only then make one. When your figure 6 heroes in the final round (I'm seeing people with 100+ eliminations more and more now), 4-6 or more enforcers, and vehicles, what's left? Maybe 4 troopers per team? That's hardly a strong number. They should to start limiting the total number of enforcers rather then by type cause these new ones are just making it easier for the heroes to see and kill you. I want to play Galactic Assault, not HEV vs HEV +free easy health (aka troopers).

"...subject to receiving content by the way." lolololololol They have received NONE since release and have had only nerfs (with the exception of ion torpedo as far as I can recall).
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    Ai vehicles, cross era heroes and friendly AI heroes on instant action F8RGE?

No significant improvements to instant action in this update, unfortunately. :(
  • "OBI-WAN KENOBI

Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
    "

giphy.gif

Finally

Yup now the lightside goes back to being dominated completely

Its time to discuss nerfs to Vader. He's escaped far too long the nerf hammer.

what nerfs exactly?
  • You say you don't want to spoil anything, yet you post a GIF depicting a star destroyer doing something that has never been seen before
  • KIlapro909
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Well dice all good on the work for the rise of skywalker but sadly you ruined the CO-OP for me like you were asked to add all heroes together not split them in to two diffrent ears with most new order having two heroes only all 4 players cant play heroes smart of the year goes to dice why can't you for once look to fix what is broken rather then brake stuff further more ? NOone asked you to do this to coop noone we asked you add all the other heroes so there is choice not make diffrent dumb eras with two heroes so two of the players never get to pick a hero also where is vader luke boba iden bosk etc as usual half baked... Every time an update comes from you is never without and issue.. Bugs broken heroes is and overall dumb changes is most of what makes me never again buy anything from you.. Keep making dumb changes like this one lets see how much people will take before you get called out on ***** like always...

Removed non constructive inappropriate comments ~Rtas
  • Mace_Windu69
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Need Mace Windu, in the game

Removed inappropriate comment ~Rtas
  • The only distinctive feature Obi-Wan had and you almost nullify it? Obi-Wan was one of the few heroes that didn't need a change. Only Ben kenobi's appearance and maybe the ability to use mind trick while jumping or a little force push. Small details in general. Please reconsider this action that you took.
  • "Punch it", Poe coming as a hero confirmed?
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Well I see DICE edited their main post adding in more info. Well that took the wind out of my video sails (regarding below).
    Well here they are, all the new skins, the new classes, the new hero abilities (seen visually) coming with "The Rise of Skywalker".

Aaaaaaand here's the official breakdown.
    It finally has arrived. All the details you need to know. All "Instant Action" stuff will arrive in January according to DICE.

Well cool. Okay so thanks devs I just want to say thank you so much for all your tremendous effort thus far and I am grateful to you for all your efforts. 🤗👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Setrhy
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Hello GUYS!! long time ago that I not comment here but I want to share something important. For some reason I can't play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PC after updating, black screen or simpletly it not loading. I not the only one so If you have this problem dont worry guys, this are not a problem of your computers. I was playing the game a few minutes ago before updating it and now I cant just go in. Please fix this soon as possible...

*For some reason this problem only happens in PC(but no all players of PC), not consoles*
    Post edited by Setrhy on
    General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• What did you do to BOSSK ? He has gotten useless. Totally trashed. First his new silly jump and now you halfed the Predator time. Its a joke.
  • Love the new content. Round it out with OT Co-op and add Galactic Assault elements to each era and we’re gold. SA could use a bump but it is what it is.

One thing I’m super disappointed with though...

Why’d we get robbed of enough heroes for every player in co-op? Two only for ST?

Cmon now. The Emperor and Lando are in TROS. At least add them in. Not sure who else but for the LS we’ve had appearances by Luke, Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie. Yoda too if you wanna get technical. Vader is mentioned. Fett could still be alive, so could Bossk and Iden. That’s 7-8 choices per side. Break the locks DICE. You’ve done great so far, Let us play our heroes!
  • The updated version won't launch! I was very excited for this release, but it won't launch through Origin. I only get a blank black screen. It worked perfectly yesterday. Please fix, I love this game.
  • cool. only wish is that the fixes work and hopefully nothing breaks. why vader can choke without target?