criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Rise of Skywalker Update & Release Notes

Replies

• Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Cheers. Glasses held high. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Though she scared kids at first.
    You know she's not so creepy lookin' when she smiles.
    u02j06zki2jr.jpeg

I only saw this species in the film for like 5 seconds and it was a male passing off information from a hatch. Not sure if they are in any other clip.
    Here's the wide male version.
    https://www.orientaltrading.com/star-wars-episode-ix-the-rise-of-skywalker-boolio-cardboard-stand-up-a2-13952475.fltr

Here's the thin male version.
    https://milnersblog.com/2019/02/09/star-wars-episode-ix-new-character-concept-art-and-reference-imagery-leaks-online/new-alien-pilot-character-star-wars-episode-ix/

Raves:
    (1.) I played "Arcade: Team Battle" on Jakku and wow is it way more intense now. The new diversity of reinforcements really spices up the action. I am annihilated. 👍🏼

(2.) The gunner is really outstanding as a support unit, very effective. 👍🏼

(3.) The spy is amazing and I love all his abilities, especially the one calling down fire. 👍🏼

(4.) Kylo Ren's new 'L and R' bumper multiple target lightsaber attack rush is beyond amazing.
    Honestly he rocks now even without using powers
    . 👍🏼

(5.) Bobba Fett's new rocket arcing jump with the 'A' button is sooooo cool I simply can not express it in words. 👍🏼

(7.) Bossk's jump finally feels natural. 👍🏼

(8.) The First Order Jump Trooper's rocket/ jetpack (his new move abilities), is beyond sweet. We're really having ridiculous loads of fun in "Arcade". Just played him in Co-Op, off the scale cool. I love how you can tap the 'A' button then hold down the left trigger to hover at any hight you choose. My freakin' word devs you out did yourselves.

(9.) The First Order Sith Trooper comparatively has a great gun. I also just discovered that he has a secondary if you hold down the 'L' trigger. Outstanding. 😎

Probably the best update yet devs, truly well done. I am sooooo impressed. You keep this up and this might go down in history as the greatest Star Wars video game of all time.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Fan-freak'n-tastic! Lots of awesome stuff in this update. Nice work, DICE. 👍

And thank you so much for expanding Co-Op, Instant Action and Capital Supremacy to new eras! Looking forward to the OT era when you're finished implementing the ST era. :smiley:

Also, I know BB-8 and BB-9E are coming, but we still need more ST era Heroes. Poe Dameron, Rose Tico, General Armitage Hux and Supreme Leader Snoke are a few of the possibilities, and if cross era content is ever done away with (save for modes where it's appropriate like Heroes vs. Villains, Hero Showdown, and Hero Starfighter), having era-appropriate versions of existing Heroes that spanned multiple eras would be terrific to have.
    "All wings report in."
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Fan-freak'n-tastic! Lots of awesome stuff in this update. Nice work, DICE. 👍

And thank you so much for expanding Co-Op, Instant Action and Capital Supremacy to new eras! Looking forward to the OT era when you're finished implementing the ST era. :smiley:

Ditto. 😇🥰 Love, love, love you all. Big hugs for everybody at DICE.
    “There is always hope.”
  • The AI in co-op still fire whilst affected by push/pull effects and Kylo's freeze, it's a little annoying. Otherwise i'm enjoying this update. Hope to see First Order/Resistance vehicles introduced into the co-op or at least the Instant Action come January but it's really just the AI's ability to still fire at you whilst otherwise physically impaired that is an issue.
  • gamera wrote: »
    The updated version won't launch! I was very excited for this release, but it won't launch through Origin. I only get a blank black screen. It worked perfectly yesterday. Please fix, I love this game.

Nearly the same here and for my friend also. Sometimes we got a blank black screen, sometimes it goes to the loading screen, but get stuck there (with freezing loading indicator) or it shows the loading screen with a moving loading indicator but crashs after sometime back to windows.
    Can someone help?
  • Garbagegame111
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    An ok update only because of Obi-Wan's mind trick being nerfed,
    Palpi, on the other hand, is still stupidly overpowered which is still being neglected along with the greivous insta taking stamina bug and stagger spam still being a thing.
  • gamera wrote: »
    The updated version won't launch! I was very excited for this release, but it won't launch through Origin. I only get a blank black screen. It worked perfectly yesterday. Please fix, I love this game.
    SriChris wrote: »
    gamera wrote: »

Nearly the same here and for my friend also. Sometimes we got a blank black screen, sometimes it goes to the loading screen, but get stuck there (with freezing loading indicator) or it shows the loading screen with a moving loading indicator but crashs after sometime back to windows.
    Can someone help?

How I said before guys this is a bug that only happen in PC for some players(including me) and they are working in the problem already. This tweet is from Ben Walke, warning us about the problem:

ouuddrfhq2wh.jpg

AND THIS is the current situation:

cad7ui72fdef.jpg

We have to wait more, I guess.

General Grievous...
    e6ea0d2d213297d6ea9af6ede78a43648142af7e_00.gif

• So this is probably pretty low on the priority list but I noticed that I can't play Crait in arcade mode since the new update came out. It just freezes on the loading screen. I'm playing on the PS4. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Otherwise, great update!
  • SriChris wrote: »
    gamera wrote: »

Can someone help?

Here is another temporary solution if u have directx 11, change to directx 12(doesn't work for me cause my pc is not too good enough for that but test this if you have a nice computer)

go to this route This PC/Documents/Star Wars Battlefront II/settings

Open BootOptions with NotePad

change GstRender.EnableDx12 --> "0" to "1"

2g3xlr3cwq53.jpg
    directx 12 is enable

Maybe the loading is slow at the first time you use directx 12 but the next time you open the game will go faster and wiil be normal.

General Grievous...

• Also that the DX12 method needs to be redone everytime we start the game fresh.
    9bfuMvu.png
  • Will they release a new emperor skin with the red black costume of the emperor in the movie?
  • Am I the only one annoyed with the fact that you can play with any phase of Clone trooper on any prequel map.
  • Will you add a new emperor skin based on the red black costume we saw in the movie. I also think the movie offers a perfect opportunity to add a new starfighter assault map
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Am I the only one annoyed with the fact that you can play with any phase of Clone trooper on any prequel map.

Yes. 😛 Lol. Just messin' with ya.

“There is always hope.”
  • Was the following change for Starfighter Assaulkt, shown in the below screenshot, deliberate or accidental?

d9yy8j6pa2dt.png

I only ask as since the update it is the first time I've played the Ryloth map, and the planet has changed colour to blue?

51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Finally!! the patch! and it works now for me =) Read this guys.

ibv9iijvfcku.jpg
    General Grievous...

• Yes, the patch works nicely and now I can play again :)
  • Darth_Ruin_0
    82 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I love the game, the updates, and the overall effort. That said, am I the only person perplexed and disappointed by the fact that Palpatine is not a playable hero in the new sequel era Co-op?... They have been hyping him and his role in the latest film nearly since the start, and considering he is a major character in the Rise of Skywalker, I thought it was obvious that they would add him?

Furthermore, once BB-9E arrives; if they had palpatine, the dark side would have 4 characters to play as in co-op, as would the light side if they added Chewbacca to the resistance (after BB-8’s release). Always having the option to be a hero if you have a sufficient number of battle points is a huge appeal to Co-op, and I’m really surprised by the emperors absence. Am I alone?
  • I love the game, the updates, and the overall effort. That said, am I the only person perplexed and disappointed by the fact that Palpatine is not a playable hero in the new sequel era Co-op?... They have been hyping him and his role in the latest film nearly since the start, and considering he is a major character in the Last Jedi, I thought it was obvious that they would add him?

Furthermore, once BB-9E arrives; if they had palpatine, the dark side would have 4 characters to play as in co-op, as would the light side if they added Chewbacca to the resistance (after BB-8’s release). Always having the option to be a hero if you have a sufficient number of battle points is a huge appeal to Co-op, and I’m really surprised by the emperors absence. Am I alone?

you just want a even easy way to MAX rank Palpatine, Boba Fett, Vader, Han Solo, Lando, Leia and Luke, most of that characters considered OP and/or extremally annoying. Yes, you alone.
  • HellTazer wrote: »
    I love the game, the updates, and the overall effort. That said, am I the only person perplexed and disappointed by the fact that Palpatine is not a playable hero in the new sequel era Co-op?... They have been hyping him and his role in the latest film nearly since the start, and considering he is a major character in the Last Jedi, I thought it was obvious that they would add him?

you just want a even easy way to MAX rank Palpatine, Boba Fett, Vader, Han Solo, Lando, Leia and Luke, most of that characters considered OP and/or extremally annoying. Yes, you alone.

Well, since I only asked about Palpatine and (Chewbacca) for the sequel era maps, and since I already have all their star cards maxed (and for a long time), I’m going to clarify that your off the mark by a long shot. I had simply hoped that since he was going to be in the new film, he’d be in the ST Co-op roster (that’s pretty straight forward). I never mentioned any of those other hero’s, but I have nothing against them.
    I love the game, the updates, and the overall effort. That said, am I the only person perplexed and disappointed by the fact that Palpatine is not a playable hero in the new sequel era Co-op?... They have been hyping him and his role in the latest film nearly since the start, and considering he is a major character in the Last Jedi, I thought it was obvious that they would add him?

Well, since I only asked about Palpatine and (Chewbacca) for the sequel era maps, and since I already have all their star cards maxed (and for a long time), I’m going to clarify that your off the mark by a long shot. I had simply hoped that since he was going to be in the new film, he’d be in the ST Co-op roster (that’s pretty straight forward). I never mentioned any of those other hero’s, but I have nothing against them.

Theres nothing to do with the new movie, Lando gonna appear too, Leia too, Luke too, so add all them to celebrate too yes? no, Palpatine can broke that gamemode on any map, its like have just one ***** killing all the bots. Same for Fett, on the end im really satisfied they are not in. Just my opinion tho. About purple cards its just your way to play the game, most others are playing now just for level/rank MAX even that's being no point.
  • To understand what im trying to talk here its just pick palpatine on the old Arcade gamemode, he can toast all bots in minutes.
  • I really appreciate the effort the developers put into this game, years after its release. I really love it. Play it every day. I love the new enforcements, jet troopers projectile is little weak but i think the two sides are well balanced.
    BUT.
    New respawn tweak totally breaks blast. Now its just groups of enemies spawning behind each others backs. You cant have a one on one with an enemy bc someone probably will shoot you in the back. If not, then his teammate spawns next to him while you try to shoot him down. You try to retreat a little to lure them into your trap, (just hide behind a corner for a sec) by that time you're facing an entire squad.
    You shouldn't be able to spawn on someone who's trying to shoot some1 or being shot at. Or in pursuit or being pursued. It gives an unfair advantage to them in their private combat situation.
    When you're just aiming on someone, and you're about to pull the trigger. Their buddy spawns next to them, killing you ofc, because he's invincible for a few seconds.
    Same thing with jet troopers. You eye out someone, shoot at him. Make the jump, and his teammate spawns on him while you're mid air. You're dead.
    I did not like respawn on friend before, but is way worse then it was.
    I know a lot of players are just waiting for the option to respawn on friend barely use the default option, even if they have to wait a minute.

Ps: death troopers are still way overpowered compared to wookies. Even changing to overload feels a lot slower on wookies. Imploaders just tickle death troopers.

• Remember when you could mindtrick infantry in CS/GA and then use the defensive rush + Forward! star card to one-hit most of them and have an easier time against those annoying commando droids (they could still jump)?

I mean come on, even if Obi-Wan didn't make the kills himself, it was a great team support after all.
    In HvH only experienced Obi-Wan players could really use mind trick to their advantage already and even then it was possible with the right movements to avoid being hit from behind or the side when he approaches you, but now?

I played HvH yesterday and everytime an Obi-Wan used a mindtrick on me I was just laughing like "nice try, as soon as the effect wears off I crush you". No threat for me at all, I could still use dodges to approach and attack him.
    You can't even use this ability to escape anymore and especially on infantry modes it can get very important to retreat and stay alive for a moment.

gg Commando Droids and rocket troopers, there's no escape from you anymore while you can make everyone look like ***** with your dodges and jumps except Anakin and Luke maybe.

• Nice update!

But please make all maps and game modes from the online game also available for the offline splitscreen. For the large game modes with AI to fight against.

Thank you very much.

-M.
    HellTazer wrote: »

Theres nothing to do with the new movie, Lando gonna appear too, Leia too, Luke too, so add all them to celebrate too yes? no, Palpatine can broke that gamemode on any map, its like have just one ***** killing all the bots. Same for Fett, on the end im really satisfied they are not in. Just my opinion tho. About purple cards its just your way to play the game, most others are playing now just for level/rank MAX even that's being no point.
    HellTazer wrote: »
    To understand what im trying to talk here its just pick palpatine on the old Arcade gamemode, he can toast all bots in minutes.

(Possible Spoilers)
    Yes, the other characters might appear in more minor capacities, but they are not nearly as prominent or promoted as Palpatine has been for this film. The emperor’s return has been teased and promoted in ways the other characters have not; he’s on posters with just Kylo and rey for example. He’s made out to be the mastermind behind snoke and others... (spoilers). I am just one of the people who has been hyped for his return, and assumed that since he was given such large importance in the rise of skywalker, he would show up with the co-op mode along Kylo and the sith troopers. His absence also poses other questions... since there is talk of OT co-op in the future, are they going to add him to that? That means that the OT co-op would potentially have 5 hero’s, PT would have 4 and ST only 3 (after the droid release)... not very balanced. These are some of the considerations I made before making my original post.

It’s not necessary, but I was genuinely surprised and to some extent disappointed (Shrugs). Oh well.
  • I have a problem where all of my Settings,controls,graphics settings,star cards and appearances are reset to default everytime i close the game. It's making it unplayable rn as i don't have the time to set all these things up everytime i want to play.Anyone know a fix to this?
  • They better fix Bossk. He was fine before the update, but now you might as well just pick him to be cannon fodder. He was my favorite blaster hero on the dark side because he is effective in clearing rooms and didn't use a cowardly stun. please fix him.
  • Obi wan's change is one thing, but when you touch one of the few balanced heroes in the game and break them. Then it is just aggravating. You change Bossk back to before the update. So he can fire while he does his animation. Big deal. Some of those animations take up a third of the activation time. If anyone is a problem it is secondary fire spamming Iden.
  • @F8RGE since there are several characters of the same reinforcement class, let us pick cards for that character instead of three effecting all the characters. That way, you can give back those cards you took away and replaced with the less than worthless acquisition card. Simple change that everyone would like.
  • Am I really the only one who wants more Galactic Assault content? I still see it as the "main" mode like it was in the beginning. I'm very sad if this is an another map that doesn't come to GA. Other than that everything in this update sounds really good and exciting!
  • Bodypit wrote: »
    Am I really the only one who wants more Galactic Assault content? I still see it as the "main" mode like it was in the beginning. I'm very sad if this is an another map that doesn't come to GA. Other than that everything in this update sounds really good and exciting!

I would love to see more galactic assault content. It's really sad to see it going the way of starfighter assault. :'(
  • What time is the new map being deployed?
  • I'm unable to get a game of Starfighter assault as I keep getting booted for 'inactivity' while I'm waiting for other players to join! This issue is new as of this update. Can this please be fixed? I used an Xbox One X.
  • I'm waiting for them to do a Rebel's update that brings hero's and villain's from the star wars rebels era set between 3 and (the first star wars movie to exist) 4 ends completely between 6 and 7.

After or during next year before they end the Clone Wars updates

I still want to see Jedi and Clone Heros

Ahsoka Tano

Captain Rex

Commander Cody

Allya

And other sith villians

Assaj Ventress

The commander droid Kalani

The Droids with the electro staff

Savage Oppress

Pre Visla

Anakin Skywalker- Skin for darth Vader before he is defeated on Mustafar

Mandalorian Clan Visla Reinforcements under aerial

Rebels

Sabine Wren

Ezra Bridger

Garazeb Orrellios

Hara Syndulla

Kaden Jarras

Ahsoka Tano- cosmetic outfit

Captain Rex- Cosmetic outfit

Empire

Thrawn

Konstatine

The Grand Inquisitor

7th Sister Inquisitor

5th Brother Inquisitor

Then to top it of implement a Create a hero/villian character customizor to the game where player's can make their own Hero or Villian and can play as them in all era's explored in Battlefront 2

This way heroes and villians won't nessecerily be added in small content drops over time like Anakin and The Count where added several months after Kenobi and Grevious dropped during the begaining of the clone wars era update
  • Love the new content. Round it out with OT Co-op and add Galactic Assault elements to each era and we’re gold. SA could use a bump but it is what it is.

One thing I’m super disappointed with though...

Why’d we get robbed of enough heroes for every player in co-op? Two only for ST?

Cmon now. The Emperor and Lando are in TROS. At least add them in. Not sure who else but for the LS we’ve had appearances by Luke, Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie. Yoda too if you wanna get technical. Vader is mentioned. Fett could still be alive, so could Bossk and Iden. That’s 7-8 choices per side. Break the locks DICE. You’ve done great so far, Let us play our heroes!

Have you played the Ressurattion add on story?

If so you would know that Iden doesn't make it but her daughter and the funny Duros does
  • Claire wrote: »
    Love the new content. Round it out with OT Co-op and add Galactic Assault elements to each era and we’re gold. SA could use a bump but it is what it is.

Why’d we get robbed of enough heroes for every player in co-op? Two only for ST?

Cmon now. The Emperor and Lando are in TROS. At least add them in. Not sure who else but for the LS we’ve had appearances by Luke, Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie. Yoda too if you wanna get technical. Vader is mentioned. Fett could still be alive, so could Bossk and Iden. That’s 7-8 choices per side. Break the locks DICE. You’ve done great so far, Let us play our heroes!

Have you played the Ressurattion add on story?

If so you would know that Iden doesn't make it but her daughter and the funny Duros does

.... Spoiler? Duh
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Claire wrote: »
    Love the new content. Round it out with OT Co-op and add Galactic Assault elements to each era and we’re gold. SA could use a bump but it is what it is.

Have you played the "Resurrection" add on story?
    If so you would know that Iden doesn't make it but her daughter and the funny Duros does.

Yeah mega spoiler there.
    Well the new jungle map in Co-Op is nice. Albeit a little cramped and claustrophobic as the First Order though. I would have liked the boarders on the left and right in phase one moved out another 20' but other then that cool. The map boarders seems perfect as the Resistance though. Sooooooo glad to be able to use the caves as them.

Enjoying the new map it is like Scariff but with big hills and no ocean. Love the caves and such.

“There is always hope.”
  • Love the Rey and Kylo Ren skins.

This is an interesting concept to have a map where no battle actually took place. The Sith Troopers were pretty much if you blinked you missed them after all the hype about them prior to release. This trailer is almost better than the movie, and I have a been a staunch defender of the ST. Still processing what I really think about ROS.
  • "OBI-WAN KENOBI

Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
    "

giphy.gif

Finally

I see a dev finally played a Blaster wielding entity against Obi-Wan.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • So far have played a majority of time today as a Sith trooper and even though they weren't in the movie a lot, they are so much fun to play as. One of my favorites up there with the Commando Trooper for me.

Finn totally one shot wrecked me which caught me off guard, but that was my fault.

Gonna be dropping a lot of time into this going forward!
  • I've also been having troubles with starting the game since the update. It freezes when I try to play a map. It did load the new skins but can't see the 2 new heroes or the new troopers.

I noticed my patchfile was bit32 while my pc is bit64 maybe that's something?

Also I did both the bootfile adjusments that should've fixed it but it didn't.

Please help :(
  • I've also been having troubles with starting the game since the update. It freezes when I try to play a map. It did load the new skins but can't see the 2 new heroes or the new troopers.

I noticed my patchfile was bit32 while my pc is bit64 maybe that's something?

Also I did both the bootfile adjusments that should've fixed it but it didn't.

Please help :(

Okay first, the new 2 heroes are for January so we don't have these heroes yet.

Here the trailer that came out today

https://youtube.com/watch?v=48rfu6plrk0

Second the new 4 reinforcement are only playable in their respective ages, in this case the sequels of Star Wars (maps of movie 7,8 and 9). if what you want is to know how to see them from the menu you should go to one of the 3 type of reinforcement, here:

0rm5k2905rda.jpg

and right here you need to press the button or key to see the others reinforcement, take a look:

213f9sa6nex7.jpg

About the problem of the frozen screen, I dont understand very well and it's not a problem if the file is 32 bits, dont worry about that. The problem is the frozen screen, it's weird...

General Grievous...

• Trooper_X1
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Why. Did you people remove the old FO Jump Trooper?

Removed swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    BLASTER HEROES
    • Fixed an issue which caused Blaster heroes to walk faster than intended in the crouch position.

This problem is only partially fixed on the PC version when using a keyboard. Moving forward, backward, left, and right while crouched is now at the correct speed, but moving diagonally forward/left, forward/right, back/left, and back/right while crouched is still abnormally fast.

@F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • JohnnyBNL wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, Star-Wars must remain in EA's hands
    That's pretty terrible, man.

• 213f9sa6nex7.jpg

“There is always hope.”
  • Ocelot wrote: »
    JohnnyBNL wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, Star-Wars must remain in EA's hands
    That's pretty terrible, man.

I don't want that. EA's only sucess in my opinion is Fallen Order. I will admit BF 2 has gotten better, but they screwed up in the beginning. The game itself has improved, but I will never admit to it being a success. It took the game about 2 years to be somewhat good. It still has a long way to go if it is ever going to be compared to the original BF2.
  • My main question is: What do you guys plan on doing with Crait? It's kind of just sitting there