criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Rise of Skywalker Update & Release Notes

1235Next

Replies

• I love this update so much, y'all did an amazing job, but I do have one main problem, can we get an Era Selector for GA?
  • Setrhy wrote: »

Okay first, the new 2 heroes are for January so we don't have these heroes yet.

Here the trailer that came out today

https://youtube.com/watch?v=48rfu6plrk0

Second the new 4 reinforcement are only playable in their respective ages, in this case the sequels of Star Wars (maps of movie 7,8 and 9). if what you want is to know how to see them from the menu you should go to one of the 3 type of reinforcement, here:

0rm5k2905rda.jpg

and right here you need to press the button or key to see the others reinforcement, take a look:

213f9sa6nex7.jpg

About the problem of the frozen screen, I dont understand very well and it's not a problem if the file is 32 bits, dont worry about that. The problem is the frozen screen, it's weird...

Okay I'm happy about the hero thing. And thanks for replying :)

But I still can't see that Ejecutor clash. And my game keeps crashing if I start any type of game. It loads then when I seem to join it crashes and switches straight to my desktop. And with that the game has also ALT F4'd instantly :|
  • I wonder, do more people have this exact problem?
  • Please give obi-wan back his old mind trick, it’s completely useless now and it wasn’t overpowered to begin with in the slightest. At the very least give it some other affect because obi-wan is totally underpowered as a hero.
  • Can someone please help me? This latest update did nothing. It didn't give me any new content. It gave me a new error code. 2,495. Some people have had this error code for years. Yet it just piped up for me. My game is stuck with no new content. It works like the old game. I have all the old reinforcements. When I play multilayer everyone else has the old reinforcements as well. I don't see anybody using new charecters. I have no new skins or lvls. Basically my game is the same as before the update. Except an error code pops up.
  • "OBI-WAN KENOBI

Obi-Wan no longer prevents dodges with his Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
    "

giphy.gif

Finally

Thank goodness. Now getting mind tricked as a blaster hero isn’t an automatic death sentence!

Yes thank goodness now vader & palpatine & the rest of the villains will destroy the lightside again in HvV. Might as well bring the target system back

That thing was broken. The LS needs meaningful buffs not some broken op shi t. LIke a LEIA BUFF.

Not to mention it was made useless against troopers entirely smh. No one should ever use this ability ever again.

Mind trick is still rather useful against infantry (with the proper star cards). It disables all but their blasters, and thus promotes obiwan’s speciality, blocking/ deflection. The only real threat specific to obi wan generally comes from explosives, which eat through his otherwise miraculous guard. However, Mind trick still helps mitigate ordnance, grenades, and missiles. I suggest you play around with his star cards, I’ve barely noticed a difference in effectiveness with the dodge change.

I’m not against several small tweaks/ buffs to his health regen, movement speed or dodge distance to compete on the level of Luke and Anakin.
  • I’ve been gone for awhile so I have two questions
    1. Will unmarked objectives that are friendly owned or enemy owned be blue/red like they normally are?
    2. I saw that Anakin’s ability was referred to as Heroic Impact, was it changed from Heroic Might?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Thank you so much for this update. We had to wait for over a year for content worth playing but now that it's here it's awesome! Please add the option to choose the fraction to all modes!
  • Ocelot
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Equinox wrote: »
    Ocelot wrote: »
    JohnnyBNL wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, Star-Wars must remain in EA's hands
    That's pretty terrible, man.

I don't want that. EA's only sucess in my opinion is Fallen Order. I will admit BF 2 has gotten better, but they screwed up in the beginning. The game itself has improved, but I will never admit to it being a success. It took the game about 2 years to be somewhat good. It still has a long way to go if it is ever going to be compared to the original BF2.

Eh, I don't mean to ruin something for you so if that's possible stop reading here,
    but to me the lightsaber colors being sold for cash and the out of place jedi master you have that just exaggerates her face and voice lines, I dunno. It's so high production.

In future if you think something you're going to post is a spoiler place it in spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • The Caphex Spy's Death From Above and Finn's A Fight You Can Win milestones are not incrementing in Co-Op. @F8RGE
  • @F8RGE Finn cant melee in his pistol ability, atsts cant tap to sprint, first order atst fast recharge ability breaks the grenade launcher. Use once, then next use doesnt fire any grenades, ovissian gunner needs damage reduction in defence mode, droideka still needs range and shield health buffs, game still crashes too frequently, server stability is pathetic, still no new trooper blasters that you promised, phasma staff strikes recharge too slow, give boba his cards that you stole back, let us set star cards for specific reinforcement characters, since there's now multiple of the same class, fix the AI coop stun freeze ragdoll *****, make the speeders actually do damage, give armor for coop 1000 health instead of 800.
  • @F8RGE first order jet trooper should have damage reduction for jet tackle, same for ovissian gunner, gunner needs an aim, crouch, and super cool, same for arc trooper and first order jet trooper grenade launcher, either everyone gets a super, or no one does no exceptions. Since you integrated the jet trooper cards you stole, also do that for the enforcers explosive AOE card, if you refuse to return them. Add health on kill to ALL classes, and bossk. Either all gets it, or no one gets it, no exceptions. Add those trooper blasters already, sick of waiting for finished content that you have lied about for the past two years. Remember you said new weapons post launch.
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Bugs and Technical issues like below you should try and log in the link below. Click this link scroll down and select Bugs or Technical Issues.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II/ct-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-en
    -game still crashes too frequently, server stability is #$$#%####-
    That's an EA server issue.

-fix the AI coop stun freeze ragdoll-

I only noticed that in HvsV when Vader chokes.
    - realign the MTT, AT-ST and AT-AT's crosshairs, your shots never go where you aim them-
    This I have seen with the AT-AT especially on Hoth.

Since in the text below you have so much about changes you desire, it should probably be in the feedback category section.
    -let us set star cards for specific reinforcement characters, since there's now multiple of the same class-
    Each class has case specific cards, crossing them over would devalue the class.
    Finn cant melee in his pistol ability-
    I think they did this to make him not too OP it is a trade off.
    -Droideka still needs range and shield health buffs-

Increased range would make them too OP and as for the shield...learn to evade and seek cover tell it recharges.

-still no new trooper blasters that you promised-
    They gave it to you with all the numerous new classes over the past two months.

-Phasma's staff strikes recharge too slow-
    Honestly I haven't noticed.
    -give boba his cards- back-
    Bobba is amazing now.
    -make the speeders actually do damage-
    Okay...so they changed the speeder targeting because it was very difficult to aim (you'd have to pull up). They made it more sluggish to allow aiming. This was better then before but it does still need juuuust a slightly less sluggish reaction speed. Trust me when you can lock on you'll do more damage when you activate rapid fire. So yeah it's not so much damage as it is fixing aim but I hear you.

-give armor for Co-Op 1000 health instead of 800-
    Yeah the speeder health could go for a tiny buff.

-first order jet trooper should have damage reduction for jet tackle, same for Ovassian gunner-
    So you want damage reduction for charging like heroes get? That sounds kind of OP to me.
    213f9sa6nex7.jpg
    - Ovassian gunner needs an aim, crouch...same for arc trooper and first order jet trooper grenade launcher-
    I think they figured if they could do all that it would be too hard to drop them thus OP.
    But I too would like that.
    - Since you integrated the jet trooper cards, also do that for the enforcers explosive AOE card.
    Everything runs smooth not getting all the issues.
    Add health on kill to ALL classes, and Bossk.
    The trooper health is fine and Bossk can heal using his toxin gas card.

MTT, AT-ST and AT-ATs - buff their damage outputs, they are all unnecessarily weak.
    MTT's do seem to do very minor damage.
    @F8RGE heres how to fix Geonosis for Galactic assault. dramatically reduce AT-TE capture speed, and increase ion weapon damage against them. Also have friendlies be able to halt the cap.
    Holy crude no, AT-TEs just barely succeed as it is.

Garrock wrote: »
    Can someone please help me? This latest update did nothing. It didn't give me any new content. It gave me a new error code. 2,495. Some people have had this error code for years. Yet it just piped up for me. My game is stuck with no new content. It works like the old game. I have all the old reinforcements. When I play multilayer everyone else has the old reinforcements as well. I don't see anybody using new charecters. I have no new skins or lvls. Basically my game is the same as before the update. Except an error code pops up.

If your on X-Box One cold boot the game (unplug it from the wall while on, with the game on). This should fix the issue.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • The light side heroes get some tweaks? Nerfing RMT (Justified) really puts the LS at an even greater disadvantage. No Leia buffs. Yoda is still in an underpowered state. Just wondering why it has been buff the DS and perf the LS to the point where one is vastly superior. Don't get me started on Palpatine now that RMT doesn't affect dodge. He really is in a league of his own.
  • Is it just me or is Kylo so much more easily killed? Like he’s always been melted in galactic and stuff for me but now even in HvV he gets destroyed by pretty much anyone with a lightsaber. Could just be me, however
  • How far into Jan do we have to wait for ST Capital Supremacy?
  • When will be getting a complete set of characters from ANY one movie? There are SO MANY characters missing that have been asked for, and you give us two useless droids!
    3 years in, and we STILL don’t have the full cast of any movie! NO Rogue One content, at all, or ANY popular content, characters, or maps from the first glorified demo you had the nerve to call a “game”.
    You write these updates like we should be grateful, but, for what we paid, £79 in my case, we STILL don’t have a complete game. And, because I mainly play OFFLINE and can’t earn credits fast enough, I’ve just had to pay another £30 to buy the “Celebration” upgrade. Which means your, “all updates will be free” promise was an outright LIE!
    This could be an incredible game, but EA is so greedy that it has chosen instead to drip feed content over 3 years.
    I want the game you promised, and that I have now paid for 3 TIMES!!!
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    Gretschman wrote: »
    When will be getting a complete set of characters from ANY one movie? There are SO MANY characters missing that have been asked for, and you give us two useless droids!
    3 years in, and we STILL don’t have the full cast of any movie! NO Rogue One content, at all, or ANY popular content, characters, or maps from the first glorified demo you had the nerve to call a “game”.
    You write these updates like we should be grateful, but, for what we paid, £79 in my case, we STILL don’t have a complete game. And, because I mainly play OFFLINE and can’t earn credits fast enough, I’ve just had to pay another £30 to buy the “Celebration” upgrade. Which means your, “all updates will be free” promise was an outright LIE!
    This could be an incredible game, but EA is so greedy that it has chosen instead to drip feed content over 3 years.
    I want the game you promised, and that I have now paid for 3 TIMES!!!

You're a very angry individual.

I'd say we've got a pretty complete set of characters from the Original Trilogy. No? Who else do you want? Not "useless" droids so you can't be missing C3PO or R2...

I'd suggest your definition of "popular" is rather subjective as I know of many happy players for having the OT cast from the original BF.

As for blaming the team for your own choice of purchasing the Celebration Edition. What a joke!? All UPDATES are free, but if you desperately want those skins you either earn them or pay for them. Your choice.
  • I just purchased the Standard Edition. Where can I download these updates and DLCs?
  • jo7
    1 posts Member
    edited January 4
    Gotcha, these new class characters are only in Galactic Assault on episode 7, 8, 9 maps
  • RV_D wrote: »
    I just purchased the Standard Edition. Where can I download these updates and DLCs?

They should be already in
  • Setrhy wrote: »

Okay first, the new 2 heroes are for January so we don't have these heroes yet.

Here the trailer that came out today

https://youtube.com/watch?v=48rfu6plrk0

Second the new 4 reinforcement are only playable in their respective ages, in this case the sequels of Star Wars (maps of movie 7,8 and 9). if what you want is to know how to see them from the menu you should go to one of the 3 type of reinforcement, here:

0rm5k2905rda.jpg

and right here you need to press the button or key to see the others reinforcement, take a look:

213f9sa6nex7.jpg

About the problem of the frozen screen, I dont understand very well and it's not a problem if the file is 32 bits, dont worry about that. The problem is the frozen screen, it's weird...

Okay I'm happy about the hero thing. And thanks for replying :)

But I still can't see that Ejecutor clash. And my game keeps crashing if I start any type of game. It loads then when I seem to join it crashes and switches straight to my desktop. And with that the game has also ALT F4'd instantly :|

"Ejecutor" is in some other language. It's enforcer in english
  • Revert Obi
  • hey dice silly question and probably know the answer because of the hate for the story in a way will we see the campaign story return because we were left with cliffhanger with when Iden Versio died and Shriv and her daughter went into hyperspace trying to find allies just curious because that is a story that I am curious about still and yes you guys have been amazing with giving us all these modes for Battlefront 2 and all the skins and map and such but if you guys do have an answer if they will return will be much appreciated!
  • RV_D wrote: »
    I just purchased the Standard Edition. Where can I download these updates and DLCs?

I thought so, since the download was already over 80 Gb. But there are no DLCs available in the main menu (I use the singleplayer). Why is that? How can I play the DLCs?
  • Royox
    106 posts Member
    RV_D wrote: »

I thought so, since the download was already over 80 Gb. But there are no DLCs available in the main menu (I use the singleplayer). Why is that? How can I play the DLCs?

Theres no dlc. Buy the game, auto update and play.
  • Anyone know when BB-8 is being added in game?
  • Royox wrote: »

Theres no dlc. Buy the game, auto update and play.

Nonsense. Look here:
    https://battlefront.fandom.com/wiki/Resurrection
    Also, read the whole thread: I already bought it.
  • Hurry up with the fix already. Co-op's AI can shoot when knocked down, abilities aren't working, Maul's block wasn't working. I am tired of the bugs. FIX IT!!!
  • Not to mention Bossk is broken on a whole nother level. I don't care if BB-8 and the other droid isn't in the fix. Beside people will complain anyway, because they will say "They're too hard to hit, because they're small."
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    The light side heroes get some tweaks? Nerfing RMT (Justified) really puts the LS at an even greater disadvantage. No Leia buffs. Yoda is still in an underpowered state. Just wondering why it has been buff the DS and perf the LS to the point where one is vastly superior. Don't get me started on Palpatine now that RMT doesn't affect dodge. He really is in a league of his own.

LS is overdue for some adjustments. DS needs some equivalent nerfs if LS isn't buffed.

Preferred Adjustments:
    • Yoda needs 3 dodges, the Grand Master is slow af right now. Dooku has 3 and hes the fastest saber user (and overly spam friendly). I could live with Yoda's slow speed if he could at least be more evasive (before dooku and grevious were introduced, Yodas speed was acceptable. Now its unfairly detrimental/punishable).
    • Size Matters Not card buff: 13 seconds added to cooldown is ridiculous. Make it 7 at maximum. Or...
    • Add similar cooldown nerfs to Vaders choke card(s) and Kylos freeze card(s). Vader especially. Choke/Saber Throw is getting so stale... (I use that combo myself and I'm getting tired of it, it's way too easy).

Yoda has been overly nerfed. It's time to readjust him to bring him on par with the DS and other LS sabers.

Palps always needs sorted out... if its not one things its another. I will offer no specifics out of fear of a worse bug/glitch presenting itself once we put an existing one to rest (may the force be with us :# ).
  • I want Jyn Erso in Battlefront 2 because she’s the only character I like in Rogue One. She’s brave, strong and sexy.
  • Will Rey get her yellow lightsaber?
  • Wheres Rogue one?
  • Wheres rogue one?
  • skunek10 wrote: »
    Wheres rogue one?

-_-
    Back in Battlefront 1
  • Having droids as playable heroes is weird but could be fun too. Of course I'd rather have Poe Dameron and older versions of the original trio, maybe a new Emperor skin with creepy glowing eyes and Snoke, but that's something already.
    Bounty Hunting is a complicated profession. xiatq16b2epx.png
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Check this out.
    (1.) "Blast" Offline on Endor in the dark. 7:48-10:25
    (2.) Offline "Galactic Assault" fully playable with heroes and all A.I. on Tatooine. I'm not kidding. 10:26-20:49
    The last clip of this video shows GA Offline, where bots can activate objectives like the U-Wing Bomb. Also some other unused content too...

This was soooo epic.🤗👍🏼 Totally off the charts cool.

Please DICE for your next update make this happen, please, please, please. 😇🙏

Fans of this game, we are having discussions about this here:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1575068#Comment_1575068
    Feel free to join us.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • And here I am, still waiting for the January update.
    EA pls.
  • This seems to be a thing. They skipped the November update, now the January update.
  • JessieGGP wrote: »
    This seems to be a thing. They skipped the November update, now the January update.

Updates always roll in on the very end of the month
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited 11:00AM
    TRIALON wrote: »
    And here I am, still waiting for the January update.
    EA pls.
    JessieGGP wrote: »
    This seems to be a thing. They skipped the November update, now the January update.

Updates always roll in on the very end of the month

DICE said this the Community Transmission arrives next week and the update I think is around January 28 or 29th.

5pqkd85gcfiz.jpg
    “There is always hope.”