criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Survey

Prev1
F8RGE
967 posts EA Community Manager
We've got a new Community Survey available for Star Wars Battlefront II. It should take less than 5 minutes to complete and your thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated.

https://surveymonkey.com/r/th1s1sth3w4y

Replies

• @F8RGE please answer questions about Leia. Are there any changes planned for the 2nd December update?
  • Lyc4n
    1627 posts Member
    Im curious to that favourite trilogy era. I wonder if this is them planning what era to focus on in future. Is this the case?

Also could the end of december survey please have the questions about what the community wants them to focus on and put in the private matches to see how requested this is?
  • Your survey is about “toxic” behavior during online gaming? Why don’t you ask about things that actually matter, like bug fixes and content requests?

Peoples feelings being hurt over an emote or people rage quitting over getting team stomped shouldn't make up a survey. Priorities. My oh my...

I can sort of agree with this, but here's where I have to draw the line:. I think a lot of players, like myself, want to be a part of a FRIENDLY community, toxicity really makes them think twice about continuing to play.

Essentially, in my eyes, bug fixes, content requests, dealing with toxic behavior go hand in hand
  • Lol, the favorite trilogy question.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • willywonka7
    2174 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    ^ Agree I put OT as well in hopes that they would had Rogue One content to CS and GA FINALLY!

I hope you all do the same. I love prequel trilogy, but we need some OT content for a little bit after December!
    y9m1ywderz13.png

• Changes for a higher rating:

Better team balancing because it impacts all modes.
    Improved play testing and quicker fixes for bugs and also, better servers.

A large objective based mode without heroes as was done in SWBF 15.

Adding an "Event Tile" so standard modes will not be impacted by monthly events would be an improvement. Running events without impacting regular modes is highly requested.

Additional star fighter related content such as new modes, new maps, and new star fighters such as:B-wings, Delta-7, TIE Dagger, TIE Defenders, TIE Reapers, U-wing off rails and hero ships. The addition of skins/squadron markings/Elite skins. Not including star fighter combat in CS was a mistake.

More weapons (Blasters) and cards variety without load out restrictions.

Additional maps for Extraction, conversion of JPC to Cargo and adding DZ. Excellent trooper modes neglected or being unavailable is a disappointment.

Additional mode for hero players - Hero Hunt?

OT Droids are missing - return Astromechs and Viper droids. R2D2, K2SO, BB8, where are they?

Better/balanced designed maps for larger modes such as GA. A mix of open and enclosed locations without funneling the entire battle into a single room is preferred. Keeping vehicles and star fighters available throughout the mode so an assault mode doesn't turn into HvV would maintain the large scale battle format.

Additional skins for OT/ST eras and the return of SWBF 15 skins such as Rebel pilot, Shock and Shadow trooper and alien skins would be welcomed. Level locked skins.
  • Zirius
    370 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    The usual.

gq88qloe1v4m.jpeg

A proof these surveys and what ppl want don't matter to them, no extraction or SA maps.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Im curious to that favourite trilogy era. I wonder if this is them planning what era to focus on in future. Is this the case?

Also could the end of december survey please have the questions about what the community wants them to focus on and put in the private matches to see how requested this is?

I suspect after TROS this game will quickly enter maintenance phase. Maybe an update or two of sequel-oriented content or a Mandalorian tie-in (since that series seems to be hugely successful for Disney). The recent "quick join" update, co-op mode, and instant action all seem to anticipate a steady decline in player base post-TROS. The writing is on the wall, unfortunately.
  • Would really like to see the official votes on things involved in these surveys. I wonder if these guys are ever going to put it out there about which trilogy is most favored by people taking these things? If we go by content so far, it seems like there's a disconnect between what people like most and what we're getting, unless I'm mistaken and the OT isn't the most popular...
  • For the millionth time, why is the community survey on the forums and not in game?
  • For the millionth time, why is the community survey on the forums and not in game?

The only idea I have would be that the devs don't want five-year-olds randomly clicking options on the survey and skewing the numbers. That's easily avoidable though, so I don't really understand it either.
  • what the heck is that UI switch?
    I THOUGHT UI options scale, opacity everything?

please dice just for once listen to the COMMUNITY
  • Thanks! added my feedback :)

Q2. What Changes would the team have to make for you to give it a higher rating?

Ans
    - Rogue One DLC
    - Unique and Creative Events (example 8v8 HvV) instead of the usual reHashed ones
    - More GA Maps

#TogetherBrothers
  • Well I still used this opportunity to request more Ex and SA content as well as the unmerging of EX and Strike... do you think they will catch on this time...?

Perhaps because of the language? The survey is only available in english, or? If you don´t speak english you can´t be a part of this Community. That´s sad!
  • F8RGE
    967 posts EA Community Manager
    For the millionth time, why is the community survey on the forums and not in game?

Mostly it's down to being a tech setup. We don't have the ability to add this type of survey directly into the game and although we can add links to it on the front end, the player flow would be less than ideal. This is especially true on console where you'd have to use the in-console browser.

The surveys give us a guideline, or a temperature check if you will. It's not like we look at the survey and base everything we do off them, there are other areas we consider.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    For the millionth time, why is the community survey on the forums and not in game?

Mostly it's down to being a tech setup. We don't have the ability to add this type of survey directly into the game and although we can add links to it on the front end, the player flow would be less than ideal. This is especially true on console where you'd have to use the in-console browser.

The surveys give us a guideline, or a temperature check if you will. It's not like we look at the survey and base everything we do off them, there are other areas we consider.

Why don't you have the ability to put this kind of survey directly in game? Do not see the technical hurdle tbh
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

Oo an explanation, nice one 👍🏼 That should stop people asking now...

Bah, who am I kidding.

Why don't you have the ability to put this kind of survey directly in game? Do not see the technical hurdle tbh

to be fair I don't know of any games that have this functionality in the front end, and given the small team that is working on SWBF2 most of us would rather they commit to bug fixes and other requested changes (like, uh, unmerging extraction) rather than spend a month making an in-game survey tool the results of which will get disregarded anyway

to be fair I don't know of any games that have this functionality in the front end, and given the small team that is working on SWBF2 most of us would rather they commit to bug fixes and other requested changes (like, uh, unmerging extraction) rather than spend a month making an in-game survey tool the results of which will get disregarded anyway

Well, tbf, if the UI system works similar to Unreal's or Unity's engine, then the pure frontend part should be easily done within half a day by one person. Writing a backend service that is capable to consume the results isn't that difficult either, especially since they already have communication between frontend and backend active in use, as we can see in the frontend tiles that can change depending on server side tweaks.
  • Still AWOL:

- weapons
    - Infantry only game mode

• AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Well I still used this opportunity to request more Ex and SA content as well as the unmerging of EX and Strike... do you think they will catch on this time...?

Same here. I still love the question what are we doing really well? Cutting edge feedback right there
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    The usual.

gq88qloe1v4m.jpeg

so more useless stuff?
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    Nexor wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    The usual.

gq88qloe1v4m.jpeg

so more useless stuff?

Speak for yourself mate. SFA with a few more maps and new content is solid.
  • What would maps matter to SFA when they'd most likely just be a pretty background picture? You're not going to fly through a canyon on Tatooine or a Jungle on Endor or the snowy mountains of Hoth... You guys know they aren't going to do anything for that mode, it's like a waste of time even asking.
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    What would maps matter to SFA when they'd most likely just be a pretty background picture? You're not going to fly through a canyon on Tatooine or a Jungle on Endor or the snowy mountains of Hoth... You guys know they aren't going to do anything for that mode, it's like a waste of time even asking.

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

Battle over Coruscant around huge Capital Ships...

Pretty backgrounds...pah!
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    What would maps matter to SFA when they'd most likely just be a pretty background picture? You're not going to fly through a canyon on Tatooine or a Jungle on Endor or the snowy mountains of Hoth... You guys know they aren't going to do anything for that mode, it's like a waste of time even asking.

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

What have they added to this mode within the last year?

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

so bored you have nothing better to say?
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

What, the devs? Nothing. Added nothing. That's what the problem is.

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

You missed the point. See below

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

That's my point. It's been over a year, whats the reason to keep up the constant requests on something they've clearly given up on?
  • What would maps matter to SFA when they'd most likely just be a pretty background picture? You're not going to fly through a canyon on Tatooine or a Jungle on Endor or the snowy mountains of Hoth... You guys know they aren't going to do anything for that mode, it's like a waste of time even asking.

Here’s a few ideas for what they could do for Starfighter Assault.

Maps:

afo4ez05lxvb.jpeg

Reinforcements:

6dbhpv0q9hye.jpeg
  • freshseth83
    835 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    You're missing the point too. It's not the fact that there's stuff you could add, it's that this mode hasn't been touched in ages and isn't likely to be touched again. So what's the point in even asking

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

That's my point. It's been over a year, whats the reason to keep up the constant requests on something they've clearly given up on?

That’s like telling people to stop requesting more Galactic Assault maps.

If enough people ask for it, the devs. may consider adding more content for ANY mode.
  • People have given up, and people haven't. It's not moved the needle in any direction. Only a new movie has.
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

Trench Run.

DS2 Run.

The point is the continued hope that they realise that fans of the mode still play this game!

Given your mindset, everyone should stop asking for anything that isn't PT or Heroes. Stop asking for OT. Stop asking for ST. Stop asking for Trooper gameplay. None of this has been touched in months!
  • forum content is largely content requests, nerf/buff asks, bug complaints, and speculation... I don't see the harm
    The point is the continued hope that they realise that fans of the mode still play this game!

Given your mindset, everyone should stop asking for anything that isn't PT or Heroes. Stop asking for OT. Stop asking for ST. Stop asking for Trooper gameplay. None of this has been touched in months!

That's not my mindset, and don't pretend to know it, either. The point of my statement, which you still seem to miss, is that asking and asking has gotten nothing for SFA nor GA. When I said "why keep asking", its because of their inaction on it. The forums don't seem to matter and these surveys feel the same way.
  • Yeah, some new SA maps would be killerz! TROS looks to have some great star fighter content.
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

That's not my mindset, and don't pretend to know it, either. The point of my statement, which you still seem to miss, is that asking and asking has gotten nothing for SFA nor GA. When I said "why keep asking", its because of their inaction on it. The forums don't seem to matter and these surveys feel the same way.

I don't pretend anything. It's the impression you are giving me.

Yes, I'll be frank, I am completely missing your point. If indeed you have one to make.

Why ask for SFA content when we've been ignored but yet you say your opinion is not that we should stop asking...

Urm...what?

I guess everyone got your point but you want to continue writing it down until everybody thinks so too.
  • I would one mode with ships and vehicles, like the AT-AT Assault in battlefront 2, please I'm bored with battlefront 2 I want play more, but when I play, it isn't a lot of content offline.
  • drunkymacgreed
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    1. OT and ST maps for Co-Op.

2. Artillery units in Co-Op.

3. Co-Op mode for starfighters.

4. Death Star / Death Star II / Starkiller Base raids for starfighters.

5. Rogue One content for all modes.

6. Mace Windu.

7. Crimson Dawn outfit for Darth Maul.

8. Bespin outfits for Luke and Leia.

9. Flight suit outfit for Luke.

Please and thank you.
    This is The Way.
    We've got a new Community Survey available for Star Wars Battlefront II. It should take less than 5 minutes to complete and your thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated.

https://surveymonkey.com/r/th1s1sth3w4y

ok...will fill it out but won't expect miracles...did a ubi survey recently for breakpoint and look at how that turned out....
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • In resumé, what I mainly asked to add was more galactic civil war content. There's a lot of content that can be used to make new maps, heroes, reinforcements, vehicles and weapons to be added in game from that era. Any stuff from TV show Rebels or Rogue one could be used. Also, major events betweens OT movies like the mid rim offencive have a lot of stuff going on and even things between battle of Endor and Jakku could be easilly added.

I also said that I would welcome any new clone war stuff, even if we already have some great stuff around. Especially with the clone wars TV show, there's a lot of maps that could be in game. Also, theres plenty of heroes and vilains to be integrated ingame, like any jedi like Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Ahsoka, dark force users like Savage Opress and the nightsisters, any bounty hunter other than Bossk, etc. The PT easilly have the most stuff that can be integrated ingame.

For the ST I have little to no interrest for the moment and it doesn't have a lot of content for the moment, so IMO they should focus elsewere.

And for the toxic behaviours, well, like every online game, there will be always some, but I can't say the game is ruined by it. This game clearly isn't the worst in that category. I agree that there's always some work to do about it, but the focus should be elsewere, like fixing bugs
  • freshseth83
    835 posts Member
    edited December 2019

Yes, I'll be frank, I am completely missing your point. If indeed you have one to make.

Why ask for SFA content when we've been ignored but yet you say your opinion is not that we should stop asking...

Urm...what?
    You just assumed again. I said why keep asking for it on these forums and surveys... when they haven't 'answered' you in two years. I'm not telling you to stop. I'm asking you why do you continue? Do you legitimately think they'll pick up on this and somehow expand SFA? lol It's like you're talking to a brick wall man!
    I guess everyone got your point but you want to continue writing it down until everybody thinks so too.
    Nah. You're still lost
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

Urm...what?
    You just assumed again. I said why keep asking for it on these forums and surveys... when they haven't 'answered' you in two years. I'm not telling you to stop. I'm asking you why do you continue? Do you legitimately think they'll pick up on this and somehow expand SFA? lol It's like you're talking to a brick wall man!
    Nah. You're still lost

Why are you asking me why I still ask? Yes, we've been ignored thus far but if you really want something, you keep asking until the absolute end, no?

I was making assumptions, yes, because if I'm honest I'm not really sure why you even bothered asking? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I thought it was obvious.