criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Still no OT content?

In my opinion the priorities are wrong. I thought we were finally done woth the Clone Wars content. 2 updates in December sounded good. I was hoping the first one would be CS for OT or OT coop maps. But no, instead the main focus of this update is Clone Wars SKINS.

I’m at a loss here. The community wanted OT CS or more OT content alltogether since march 2019 when CS launched.

Replies

• I fear only more CW is to come in February with the release of CW season 7.
  • AccurateThings
    828 posts Member
    edited December 2
    They only care about reddit clownies.

If it wasn’t obvious, when was the last time we got OT content?
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    I fear only more CW is to come in February with the release of CW season 7.

They will come back but in greater numbers?
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    I fear only more CW is to come in February with the release of CW season 7.

oh you better believe it 😈😈😈
  • Do you not understand that we got a new reinforcement and a new planet 2-3 months ago, we are getting TEN UNIQUE reinforcement appearances this week, and also a new reinforcement and new planet this month?

I swear some of you leave the game/community for 2 weeks and then come back like "no OT? No rogue one? No battlefront 2015? These developers ***** suck", yet all of this new content has/is being added.

The devs are probably a little busy at the moment.
  • A lot of clone wars skins............Now the reinforcements have skins but not the stormtroopers?
  • realta333 wrote: »
    Do you not understand that we got a new reinforcement and a new planet 2-3 months ago, we are getting TEN UNIQUE reinforcement appearances this week, and also a new reinforcement and new planet this month?

I swear some of you leave the game/community for 2 weeks and then come back like "no OT? No rogue one? No battlefront 2015? These developers ***** suck", yet all of this new content has/is being added.

Didn’t you know DICE is really an indie studio with a small budget. They totally can’t afford to hire new people to help because of their tiny budget. /s
    Do you not understand that we got a new reinforcement and a new planet 2-3 months ago, we are getting TEN UNIQUE reinforcement appearances this week, and also a new reinforcement and new planet this month?

Ten skins for things that don't need skins. The Rebel and Resistance jet packer needed skins more than the Arc Trooper did. Wookiee's need skins more than the commando droid.

Didn’t you know DICE is really an indie studio with a small budget. They totally can’t afford to hire new people to help because of their tiny budget. /s

That shows how little you actually know. Battlefront 2 isn't the only game DICE works on, nor is it the newest. Battlefront 2's initial business model failed, now we have 2 years worth of FREE content. Battlefront 2 doesn't make enough money for it to be one of EA's top priorities. You know what does? Battlefield V. Which is also made by DICE. DICE doesn't control what games they work on, EA does.

Ten skins for things that don't need skins. The Rebel and Resistance jet packer needed skins more than the Arc Trooper did. Wookiee's need skins more than the commando droid.

Alternate Appearances The Rebels and Resistance Jet Troopers had: 0.

Alternate Appearances the ARC trooper and Commandos had: 0.

Reinforcement Appearances that have been requested by the community for a while now: The ARCs and Commandos.

🤔🤔🤔
    realta333 wrote: »

Alternate Appearances The Rebels and Resistance Jet Troopers had: 0.

Alternate Appearances the ARC trooper and Commandos had: 0.

Reinforcement Appearances that have been requested by the community for a while now: The ARCs and Commandos.

🤔🤔🤔

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall people asking for Arc and BX skins. For a while....they've been in the game a few months as opposed to since launch like the ones I mentioned.. It makes no sense for Jet Troopers and wookiees to look the exact same. It makes perfect sense for clones and droids to look the exact same. It's not the end of the world. I should have known better than to expect something good out of the announcement of reinforcement skins. Of course it would be more clone wars crap.
    realta333 wrote: »

That shows how little you actually know. Battlefront 2 isn't the only game DICE works on, nor is it the newest. Battlefront 2's initial business model failed, now we have 2 years worth of FREE content. Battlefront 2 doesn't make enough money for it to be one of EA's top priorities. You know what does? Battlefield V. Which is also made by DICE. DICE doesn't control what games they work on, EA does.

Free content that should’ve already been in the game day one. DICE is one of EA’s biggest studios and BFV is definitely not top priority. If you’ve actually played BFV you’d know it barely makes any money (for EA’s standards). It’s both EA and DICE’s fault, though I won’t argue that more of the blame can be shifted on EA but they are still both at fault (throw in a little bit of Disney there too). Man what the hell happened? The Star Wars name used to be respectable but now it’s just a shadow of it’s former self.
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    This game is clone wars herofront, not battlefront. If you want OT content reinstall battlefront 2015 and join the community discord if you're on PS4. You can get regular dlc lobbies and it's worth every penny. Also if you're really gung ho you can get on the free agent list for the next drop zone tournament. It'll be loads of fun!

Bf2 is great, but bf1 is better with it's OT content. Let's be real OT content ain't gonna happen on bf2.

I would love to play BF2015 again, and i did a few weeks ago and a while before that. But every damn player is jumppacking and bacta bomb throwing and that ruins it for me
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    This game is clone wars herofront, not battlefront. If you want OT content reinstall battlefront 2015 and join the community discord if you're on PS4. You can get regular dlc lobbies and it's worth every penny. Also if you're really gung ho you can get on the free agent list for the next drop zone tournament. It'll be loads of fun!

Bf2 is great, but bf1 is better with it's OT content. Let's be real OT content ain't gonna happen on bf2.

That’s debatable. And let’s not act like this is an ONLY CW game.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Darkblade wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »

I would love to play BF2015 again, and i did a few weeks ago and a while before that. But every damn player is jumppacking and bacta bomb throwing and that ruins it for me

Well that's no excuse to not enjoy the tournament, I am playing in it, already got invited since I posted in the free agent list, I'm in it for the fun mainly and the rules ensure there won't be much stuff ruining it, but dropzone will have jetpacks but it isn't a bad thing in DZ. You'd be welcome to join my team if you want.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Pretty sure OT content is coming soon. Ben said on Twitter that (paraphrasing) “the clone wars is done for now, and our eyes are turning to other eras.”
    I do think gender locking classes is a horrible decision though. Completely unrealistic and stupid. Just bring back customization from BF15 (without helmetless stormtroopers of course).
  • Pretty sure OT content is coming soon. Ben said on Twitter that (paraphrasing) “the clone wars is done for now, and our eyes are turning to other eras.”
    I do think gender locking classes is a horrible decision though. Completely unrealistic and stupid. Just bring back customization from BF15 (without helmetless stormtroopers of course).

OT CS will get all the time in the world as CW did. After February/March. It’s *hopefully* inevitable

OT CS will get all the time in the world as CW did. After February/March. It’s *hopefully* inevitable

My best bet is CW is done forever after Feb/March OT and ST through 2020 then support ends
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif

My best bet is CW is done forever after Feb/March OT and ST through 2020 then support ends

Agreed
  • This is Star Wars Battlefront 2, what do you expect
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Darkblade wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »

you can totally get by without a jetpack and a bacta bomb though. they easy to counter. bf2015 is great. experience and timing are key. bacta helps everyone anyways. i never use a jetpack. bacta here and there. never use body guard, bf 2015 allows for a lot different variation and still holds up

• lowell
    1722 posts Member
    edited December 3
    By the logic of some players here desiring OT content, I think even if Rebels or Marvel Comics content comes in April, you'll be somewhat but not fully satisfied that it counts as OT content.

Star Wars timeline of films and shows:

Star-Wars-Timeline-Graphic.jpg

PT=Republic and Separatist-related: Trilogy Films, TCW movie and show, Son of Dathomir comic, Dark Disciple, etc.

OT=Empire and Alliance-related: Darth Vader (2017) Marvel comic, Jedi: Fallen Order, Solo, Obi-Wan TV show, Rebels, Cassian & K-2SO TV series, Rogue One, Trilogy Films, Star Wars (2015-2019) & (2020) main Marvel comics, Darth Vader (2015) and (2020) Marvel comics, Doctor Aphra Marvel comic, Aftermath novel trilogy, Shattered Empire, Lost Stars, The Mandalorian

ST=First Order and Resistance-related: Journey to TFA books, Before the Awakening, Poe Marvel comic, Resistance Season 1, TFA, Captain Phasma, Cobalt Squadron, TLJ, Resistance Season 2, Journey to TROS books, Galaxy's Edge, TROS, etc.

As long as the Empire or the Rebellion (From Phoenix Squadron to Rebel Fleet, no matter small or large) or both are present in the content, it should count as OT content either way.
  • It’s funny to see the OT threads with no CW fans whining that OT content isn’t needed or how much they don’t like it 😂😂. Meanwhile in the CW threads there’s ALWAYS some OT fanboy whining. El o el. All Star Wars content is good content.
  • It’s funny to see the OT threads with no CW fans whining that OT content isn’t needed or how much they don’t like it 😂😂. Meanwhile in the CW threads there’s ALWAYS some OT fanboy whining. El o el. All Star Wars content is good content.
    unless it's name is Rose Tico

I think we’ve all tried to forget her 😂😡.

I think we’ve all tried to forget her 😂😡.

She's in the trailer🤮🤮🤮
  • At least there's not another HOLDOver (you see what I did there) in TLJ.
  • lowell
    1722 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Someone converted the design of the Imperial Sentry Droid from Rebels to how it would look like in the game and I now want this as an OT reinforcement:

Rebels model

latest?cb=20161208104959

Modded concept

ohd11t3r3d241.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=47c2c5ab31bb5975af06f2b29cbff649e5f890a6
  • Yes, and they promised to will be new reinforcements, but it hasn't pass.